Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thunderbird
Banned

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Thunderbird » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:56 am

Animation seemed different in this one, the faces mainly.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:39 am

At last they took the time to show why this conflict is happening, so that's a plus for me, I just hope the next episodes of this arcs are not just all bad animated fighting scenes with almost no dialogue...

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:34 am

If Krillin lands a single blow on Beerus I'm going to get crazy.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:58 am

Wow, hair movement! Thats rare in modern Dragon Ball.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:44 pm

Episode 1 was a complete setup, but I can already see some weird decisions. Like, why all the GODs are need to track a single bird? The lack of reaction towards Xeno Pan (while they do question Xeno Trunks) was kind of jarring as well. Also, I don't know if the subs I saw were faulty but I found strange that UM Vegeta is aware of alternate versions of themselves (although is left vague if he's thinking of Planet Prison's events) while UM Goku seems surprised there's another Goku in the "Next" segment.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:59 pm

Despite the short length, I loved Xeno Pan's behavior here. Very mature for an eleven-year-old. If Toei keeps her like that even in heated situations, I won't mind her being around, let the annoying and childish stuff for when it's appropriate (but still keeping in mind her age). Oh and no "damsel in distress" nonsense either. But I won't get my hopes up. I still would prefer that she shouldn't be around, though.

Now here's the problem with a 9-minute promo anime, we could have got a great moment if Pan had introduced herself... Oh well. We can only hope that there will still be a moment for that either here or from the manga or arcade.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:38 pm

I don't like the new OP song, I preferred the old one.

And why are they using the projectile Hakai? Just so there is a chance to dodge/block it for the sake of plot? Also, why would Beerus ever destroy the Earth now that he's used to its food?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:41 pm

So wait are the pretending all the previous stuff never happened? Goku has met the other him from Time Patrol. The NEP seems to imply he hasn't? Also nice to see Gohan exists again. Always nice.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:45 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:38 pm And why are they using the projectile Hakai? Just so there is a chance to dodge/block it for the sake of plot? Also, why would Beerus ever destroy the Earth now that he's used to its food?
I don't think he intends to destroy Earth. I think he is trying to get control of the situation by not involving the other gods in this fight, until he figures out a solution. Maybe someone will appear and explain Toki Toki is not the bird they are looking for.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:24 am

dbzfan7 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:41 pm So wait are the pretending all the previous stuff never happened? Goku has met the other him from Time Patrol. The NEP seems to imply he hasn't? Also nice to see Gohan exists again. Always nice.
I think it's implying that he just forgot about it, as a gag.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:52 am

I already saw it in some animation for games, but I really, really love Pan: Xeno's design; old school simple looking, yet perfect for a fighter heroine.

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:19 pm

The pages for the Big Bang Mission anime are up on Cardass, including a correlation chart and profiles for Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Krillin, Xeno Trunks, Xeno Pan, Tokitoki, Supreme Kai of Time, Beerus and Fu.

http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh_bm/anime/

Worth noting is that while most of the urls for the profiles just use the character's English name, the profiles for Trunks and Pan inexplicably have ss4 as a prefix.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:31 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:38 pm I don't like the new OP song, I preferred the old one.

And why are they using the projectile Hakai? Just so there is a chance to dodge/block it for the sake of plot? Also, why would Beerus ever destroy the Earth now that he's used to its food?
Have you watched the episode? Beerus DOES NOT want to destroy Earth. When Quitela suggests it, he gives him a death stare. Also he's keeping all his fellow Gods out of the fight.

I'm sure he just wants to have fun fighting the U7 bunch, also Dogi-Dogi will appear in the next episode. So they'll realize they were targeting the wrong bird.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:32 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:44 pm Episode 1 was a complete setup, but I can already see some weird decisions. Like, why all the GODs are need to track a single bird? The lack of reaction towards Xeno Pan (while they do question Xeno Trunks) was kind of jarring as well. Also, I don't know if the subs I saw were faulty but I found strange that UM Vegeta is aware of alternate versions of themselves (although is left vague if he's thinking of Planet Prison's events) while UM Goku seems surprised there's another Goku in the "Next" segment.
Because Beerus said that Dogi-Dogi could destroy all the Universes. Everyone's worrief of course.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:45 pm

About the last two eps:

20:
- That Mechikabura has such a generic design, ugh

- Cool to see God Trunks in action, also Gohan and Goten designs are nice

- It seems like a prequel, before the events leading to Hearts defeat, interesting

21:
- Such a cool opening, but quite lame that indicates the protags of this arc will be two Goku and Vegeta, Trunks and Pan lol

- So random all the GoDs showing up with actual no build at all, I mean Beerus himself could do the work just fine

- That Tokitoki bird is really something to be able to stop the Hakai

- Wow, such a hype for fight between Goku, Vegeta vs. possibly fully powered Beerus [insert complaint for the millionth time about how this should be in the core series]

- That Dogidogi is really a ugly looking bird lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:28 am

Noah wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:45 pm- That Tokitoki bird is really something to be able to stop the Hakai
Theoretically, with the power to control time, he could do a lot more than that. De-age Beerus and the other Hakaishin to nonexistence or something... it makes sense why they consider him so dangerous.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:17 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:28 am
Noah wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:45 pm- That Tokitoki bird is really something to be able to stop the Hakai
Theoretically, with the power to control time, he could do a lot more than that. De-age Beerus and the other Hakaishin to nonexistence or something... it makes sense why they consider him so dangerous.
Tokitoki in his ascendant form or whatever it's called also destroyed Mechikabura's demonic palace realm.

And Dogidogi is supposed to be his equivalent counterpart slated to destroy all the Universes.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:21 pm

Oh I see... now I think it makes sense for all GoDs to show up if the birds are really this dangerous.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Noah wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:21 pm Oh I see... now I think it makes sense for all GoDs to show up if the birds are really this dangerous.
I'm surprised that none of them recognize Toki-Toki, Beerus especially, given his role as the source of time in existence and the right-hand bird of Chronoa the Kaioshin of Time.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:39 am

This has to be the most disappointing episode of the lot.