Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:52 pm

Ah, yes, a list of people who, unlike Vic, still have careers. You can literally smell the butthurt. :lol:
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Valerius Dover wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:52 pm Ah, yes, a list of people who, unlike Vic, still have careers. You can literally smell the butthurt. :lol:
Eh, to be fair Amanda Winn Lee doesn’t to much these days. For various reasons.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Got to love how they are literally making a “hit list”. Seriously who does things like that

Well I think we know the answer

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:29 pm

Me, I'm just wondering how long this list has to grow before these guys finally realize Vic might be guilty, after all. It's... rather a lot of people they're accusing, here.
Shaddy wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:47 pm Can we maybe not actually be spreading around these lists for people to see?
The link's already there, isn't it? Anyone who wanted to look at it has already done so, I feel.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:12 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:30 pm
Valerius Dover wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:52 pm Ah, yes, a list of people who, unlike Vic, still have careers. You can literally smell the butthurt. :lol:
Eh, to be fair Amanda Winn Lee doesn’t to much these days. For various reasons.
I'm out of the loop here, so sorry if I sound ignorant but what happened with AmaLee?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Valerius Dover wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:49 am On a side note, anyone else hate getting these anti-SJW videos show up in recommended? I swear, everywhere I go there's some 20 minute rant about Funimation, Monica, Jamie, Chris, or something else. I've never even clicked on these videos, but YouTube seems infested with them. A reminder of evil, I guess. Pathetic evil, but still evil.
This is one of my least-favourite things about YouTube. Anytime I go ANYWHERE NEAR videos on things I love like Crash, DBZ or The Hobbit or whatever, I get videos on "WHY THE HOBBIT WAS GARBAGE" or "DRAGON BALL KAMEHAMEHA EXPLAINED" or "CTR IS SHITTY NEXT TO MK8". That is NOT the type of shit I want to see!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:22 pm

Anti-SJW YouTube videos are everywhere. Even if you’re not someone who generally follows politics, good luck avoiding them when it comes to geek properties. There were a crazy number of them last year that revolved around Captain Marvel/Brie Larson and that HBO Watchmen show, as well as the usual Star Wars related videos. Meanwhile, so far this year, there have been a bunch of videos like that for Birds of Prey. That’s on top of all the ISWV videos that have been spreading like wildfire for the past year.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:12 pmI'm out of the loop here, so sorry if I sound ignorant but what happened with AmaLee?
The reasons are two fold if I remember right. I may screw up the details, so forgive me. The first reason is to look after her son who was/is suffering from a deadly (if not terminal) illness. I forget what it was sadly. The second reason is she herself has an alleged history of bad behavior at cons and the like. Frequently showing up drunk or high. Culminating in an infamous video of her at a con panel doing a strip tease in front of someone in a Pen Pen costume (it was a panel for End of Evangelion I believe) in front of a whole crowd including children. In particular a big shot at Gainax and his kid. There’s actually video of this.

Mind, I’m uncomfortable bringing this up because Vic Stans use this to try and undermine KickVic just like with the Funi outtakes.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:38 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:29 pm Me, I'm just wondering how long this list has to grow before these guys finally realize Vic might be guilty, after all. It's... rather a lot of people they're accusing, here.
Shaddy wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:47 pm Can we maybe not actually be spreading around these lists for people to see?
The link's already there, isn't it? Anyone who wanted to look at it has already done so, I feel.
They're fangirls/fanboys. They're delusional. :roll:

Vic can do no wrong to these people.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:02 pm

Peach wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:38 pm They're fangirls/fanboys. They're delusional. :roll:

From what I can see, it's not even his fanbase, more so it's the right wingers who caught wind of the story and defend him, because they always love an "alpha" male who will "put women and SJWs in their place".
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:06 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:23 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:12 pmI'm out of the loop here, so sorry if I sound ignorant but what happened with AmaLee?
The reasons are two fold if I remember right. I may screw up the details, so forgive me. The first reason is to look after her son who was/is suffering from a deadly (if not terminal) illness. I forget what it was sadly. The second reason is she herself has an alleged history of bad behavior at cons and the like. Frequently showing up drunk or high. Culminating in an infamous video of her at a con panel doing a strip tease in front of someone in a Pen Pen costume (it was a panel for End of Evangelion I believe) in front of a whole crowd including children. In particular a big shot at Gainax and his kid. There’s actually video of this.

Mind, I’m uncomfortable bringing this up because Vic Stans use this to try and undermine KickVic just like with the Funi outtakes.
I meant this other AmaLee who does fandubs for her channel on Leeandlie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmJ5oBd ... 3c1katznHN
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:28 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:02 pm
Peach wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:38 pm They're fangirls/fanboys. They're delusional. :roll:

From what I can see, it's not even his fanbase, more so it's the right wingers who caught wind of the story and defend him, because they always love an "alpha" male who will "put women and SJWs in their place".
I get so squeemish around people who un-ironically use 'alpha' like they do. They hate women then they wonder why they're lonely and unhappy all the time? It's because y'all are unpleasant to be around!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:30 am

That's sure a lot of people that are against Vic. And ISWV seriously says that most of the industry support him, like JYB for example.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:46 pm

The funny thing is, that's not even everyone. I only included the voice actors! I didn't even throw in all the convention owners, reporters, cosplayers, and lawyers. Include them, and the list becomes at least twice as long.

...That said, it looks like the list was deleted. That being the case, I'll go ahead and ask VegettoEX to delete my post.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:02 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:30 am That's sure a lot of people that are against Vic. And ISWV seriously says that most of the industry support him, like JYB for example.
I think Johnny Yong Bosch is just being cordial and not wanting to stir the pot.

Kefla
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kefla » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:47 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:46 pm The funny thing is, that's not even everyone. I only included the voice actors! I didn't even throw in all the convention owners, reporters, cosplayers, and lawyers. Include them, and the list becomes at least twice as long.

...That said, it looks like the list was deleted. That being the case, I'll go ahead and ask VegettoEX to delete my post.
Also, he can delete my post too. The list is gone.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:44 am

Peach wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:02 pm
8000 Saiyan wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:30 am That's sure a lot of people that are against Vic. And ISWV seriously says that most of the industry support him, like JYB for example.
I think Johnny Yong Bosch is just being cordial and not wanting to stir the pot.
I don't think he was saying JYB actually supported him, just that ISWV think he does.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:41 pm

Just watch Vic's video, he's absolutely right.
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:44 pm

Young-Jah wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:41 pm Just watch Vic's video, he's absolutely right.
Context, bro. Got no idea what you're talking about. Right about what? And Vic's done several vids.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:11 pm

Valerius Dover wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:44 pm
Young-Jah wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:41 pm Just watch Vic's video, he's absolutely right.
Context, bro. Got no idea what you're talking about. Right about what? And Vic's done several vids.
About the people trying to stop him from appearing at upcoming events.
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD