OK, before it is revealed, what do you think Vegeta's Yardrat tehnique will actually be?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

OK, before it is revealed, what do you think Vegeta's Yardrat tehnique will actually be?

Post by Psajdak » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:22 am

It is assumed that it won't be just another beam / laser thing, and transformation isn't exactly tehnique.

Apparently it is more advanced than Shunkaido, and Shunkaido itself is, when you think about it, pretty advanced, I mean, it can teleport one to the end of universe, not to mention by this point it is one of most iconic DB tehniques.

I myself would hate it, if Vegeta ended up with something that is designated to counter Moro only, like an immunity to his absorbtion, and would rather wish for something lasting, something that will actually have potential of becoming recognizable over time.

In comparison to Goku's teleportation, only time based tehnique like what Hit is using seems impressive enough, or maybe interdimensional travel...

Please, just don't be laser again. :(

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: OK, before it is revealed, what do you think Vegeta's Yardrat tehnique will actually be?

Post by theherodjl » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:24 am

I'm thinking that Vegeta might have a vastly improved energy ability, in that its not so much that Vegeta can just launch out a bigger beam but that he might be able to do a lot more with energy than most Ki-users. Something along the lines of Green Lantern or perhaps even Wonder Man.
I would love to see Vegeta be able to transform his body into Ki and shape Ki into whatever construct that he imagines, he'd actually have a very interesting edge and it might shake up how the Z Senshi battles from now on.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: OK, before it is revealed, what do you think Vegeta's Yardrat tehnique will actually be?

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:28 am

Maybe like protect energy or something, a way to negate Moro's theft (on top of the power increase) maybe some targeting attacks similar to how you lock on to people for Instant Transmission.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:16 am

Vegeta will shape shift his body so that, instead of growing muscular like Ascended SSJ, it becomes flat and bendable. Through consciousness, he will dance around the opponent, contrary to detaching his mind for Ultra Instincts.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:17 am

It could be something that affects Moro's ability. Maybe even something that can't let him absorb energy from anybody and/or anything.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:25 pm

I think it'll be some sort of perfect control over his ki(spirit), becoming much stronger (or efficient at it) and also having so much control over his power that Moro cannot take it away from him. He might become kinda like one with his energy and not just a guy having access to that energy. Perhaps it'll also improve his stamina and be able to last longer without fatigue, like the androids, or maybe not as great as them.

If god ki prevents ki from leaking out or something to that effect, maybe now every Vegeta form will be like that.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:01 pm

Maybe it will keep him connected to energy stolen by Moro so he can mess with his body after being drained. So when all seems lost and all lay on the ground defeated unbenounced, to Moro has been bugged by Vegeta's energy allowing geets to do some cool stuff.
Last edited by Mad Swami on Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:21 pm

I don't really have any ideas that haven't been mentioned already, but I have to say that I really hope it's not going to be that he just activates Protect from Magic and becomes immune to Moro's energy absorption (and other magic abilities). It's a simple and likely choice, but it's so boring.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Vertical
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vertical » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Poorly written.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:10 am

I think he'll realize Moro creates a huge opening for himself when he absorbs energy.

So he'll try Moro by making him absorb weak shadow clones of himself. While the real one waits to instant transmission in with strong attacks and immediately teleporting away.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:43 am

Maybe it will keep him connected to energy stolen by Moro so he can mess with his body after being drained. So when all seems lost and all lay on the ground defeated unbenounced, to Moro has been bugged by Vegeta's energy allowing geets to do some cool stuff.
The idea of a character being able to combat energy-stealers by just having that much control over their own ki even if it's in somebody else's body is a really neat one. And seems like a natural outgrowth of the concept of godly ki being related to keeping your ki contained and under perfect control rather than letting it leak out, too, so doubly appropriate for some high-end new technique for Vegeta (or Goku, but eh, he's got enough shiny bonus things already with Kaio-ken and now Ultra Instinct.)

Also kinda makes me think of how absorbing Dai Kaioshin weakened Buu and changed his personality, and in a roundabout way, the way Ginyu couldn't use Goku's full power when taking over his body. Like... say Vegeta gets a bunch of his energy absorbed, and sure he's weaker, but now he's able to inject too much "Vegeta-ness" into Moro so he has difficulty using his more magical-natured abilities as effectively because his ki has been "programmed" to want to fight like a Saiyan instead, and he isn't familiar with that sort of fighting style (and doesn't have any of those Saiyan-specific features like transformations, or personality traits like the "Saiyan pride" or tendency toward rage, so he can't ever draw out the full potential of that stolen power now that Vegeta's will is still linked to it even after it's stolen. It's no longer just "generic one-size-fits-all stolen energy" with its original owner's identity wiped from it.)

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Pantalones wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:43 am
The idea of a character being able to combat energy-stealers by just having that much control over their own ki even if it's in somebody else's body is a really neat one. And seems like a natural outgrowth of the concept of godly ki being related to keeping your ki contained and under perfect control rather than letting it leak out, too, so doubly appropriate for some high-end new technique for Vegeta (or Goku, but eh, he's got enough shiny bonus things already with Kaio-ken and now Ultra Instinct.)

Also kinda makes me think of how absorbing Dai Kaioshin weakened Buu and changed his personality, and in a roundabout way, the way Ginyu couldn't use Goku's full power when taking over his body. Like... say Vegeta gets a bunch of his energy absorbed, and sure he's weaker, but now he's able to inject too much "Vegeta-ness" into Moro so he has difficulty using his more magical-natured abilities as effectively because his ki has been "programmed" to want to fight like a Saiyan instead, and he isn't familiar with that sort of fighting style (and doesn't have any of those Saiyan-specific features like transformations, or personality traits like the "Saiyan pride" or tendency toward rage, so he can't ever draw out the full potential of that stolen power now that Vegeta's will is still linked to it even after it's stolen. It's no longer just "generic one-size-fits-all stolen energy" with its original owner's identity wiped from it.)
Yeah my thoughts exactly. It plays with the concepts the series has introduced and let's Vegeta showcase his brilliance over mindless power like Goku (Ultra instinct)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:26 pm

It will be an amazing technique that gives him the power to become the main protagonist and actually win a fight.

Nah, I wish :mrgreen:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DBFanTalk

Post by DBFanTalk » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:19 pm

He betters his ability of ki manipulation, allowing him to resist Moro' ki absorption and conjure whatever esoteric ability the plot demands.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:32 am

I think it'll be an extension of the Instant Transmission, not just teleporting himself to somewhere else but teleporting something from somewhere else to where he is.

Moro's biggest advantage is that he can absorb energy from a planet and just include energy from nonmagical beings without fail. And except for gods, angels, Majin Buu, and Frieza (all of whom can no longer help out or won't anyway), the heroes can only fight on or near to a planet, right in Moro's crosshairs.

So it'd be mighty convenient for a certain Saiyan prince to just teleport air from wherever he needs directly into his lungs while fighting Moro outside the solar system, wouldn't it?

Additionally, a technique like this (introduced by Vegeta and eventually/maybe making its way to the others) would correct for a major issue with the series' fight escalations to do this. Vegeta's been able to blow up a planet since the Saiyan Saga, but even after he exceeded the power to destroy the universe in three punches by achieving SSB, he still dies to Frieza blowing up the Earth. We're continually told that the fights get tougher, but while the heroes have "needs air" as a limitation, we'll never be able to be shown it.

Plus, I'm not convinced the "needs air" thing was necessary anyway. Goku stranded Boss Rabbit on the airless Moon without any issue; Vegeta blew up Arlia from far enough away to hit its moon, too (albeit in filler); and he was willing to blow up the Earth after that (so what was your plan?). "Needs air" became a plot point when Frieza needed to do something desperate to defeat SSJ Goku and then IMO overstayed its welcome long after the fights escalated beyond its plausible inclusion.

Personally, I think the Namek fight could have played out exactly the same and not negatively impacted logical fight escalation had it been explained a little differently. Have Frieza inherently able to survive hard vacuum due to his species like before, but then have his various space warriors (if they can't also inherently live in space) use a special technique to do so. Frieza would then plausibly expect the destruction of Namek to kill Goku because Goku is from a backwater planet with no regular space travel and likely wouldn't know this technique.

Then when Cell threatens to blow up the solar system, we could have seen the entire solar system as the backdrop to his battle with Gohan.

Anyway, TLDR: I hope Vegeta learns to survive space.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!