"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:51 pm

Well that was a lot to catch up on, though with a chapter a month it didn't take me that long. This are is pretty fun if flawed.

I still think Moro is cool, though he is rather cliché in terms of personality. He's magic is ki control, absorption and manipulation taken it's absolute highest tier, which is pretty intreasting though not quit was I was expecting from the final boss rank wizard. All in all he gets 9/10 from me, the point is knocked off due to his current "I'm just evil" personality but you never know that could change.

The Galactic Prisoners I do like. Yes their a bunch of random goons but isn't that what they are ment to be? Thugs who without Moro as back up wouldn't even be on Goku's radar.

Saganbo is the stereotypical Prison Alpha. Not shore why but he reminds me of The Wrecker from Thor's comics.

Seven-Three is a character I'm at odds with. I really want to like him but his design is so akin to Hit it's distracting at times. Like Moro his copying powers are not exactly anything knew, just a new spin on an old trick. That all said he's been the most fun to watch besides Moro himself.

Everyone else is ok but forgettable.

So Merus was an angel the whole time. Well that explains a lot, and hopefully put the power scaling groups at ease. It add to the Angels law which is intreasting.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:44 pm

Dont know if it's been mentioned, but are we to expect any delays due to coronavirus or will the next chapter be released as normal?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:57 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:44 pm Dont know if it's been mentioned, but are we to expect any delays due to coronavirus or will the next chapter be released as normal?
Mangaplus has a normal release date, so no delays.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:11 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:44 pm Dont know if it's been mentioned, but are we to expect any delays due to coronavirus or will the next chapter be released as normal?
If there's gonna be delays due to the coronavirus at all, they're not gonna start just yet. Maybe next month, but definitely not this month.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:38 pm

Guys, I have a question about 7-3: we know he gains the abilities of others when he does his grab, but does he actually gain their raw power as well?

Shimorekka: "Any training you might've done? All totally worthless now. Since 7-3 copies you the way you are now."
Shimorekka: "7-3, that one guy is stronger. Switch over to him!"

So based on the above, he becomes as strong as the person he changes to.

I ask because he was getting his ass handed to him pretty badly by #17 in the last chapter. Now we know #17 is immune to Moro's energy drain, but shouldn't Moro's overall power still give him the advantage? I'm just wondering if it's Moro's Battle Power not being that impressive or 7-3 only having access to Moro's abilities sans the full-extent of his Magic Power.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:21 am

Gt91 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:48 am spoilers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETTtdLBWoAA ... name=small
Although I knew it was coming, having "that" being accessible anytime will significantly reduce the weight it used to have. The problem is it will just be another form that will be surpassed by a newer one, taking away what made it unique. Fans on a larger scale are going to eventually question how long the franchise can go on this path of constant power escalating through introducing new forms.

It's bad enough they took away what made SsjG unique, but now this as well ? I do hope there's something that will prevent it from being used like any other form, but they probably want to reduce its importance so they can move on to the next form, so who knows.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:36 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:38 pm Guys, I have a question about 7-3: we know he gains the abilities of others when he does his grab, but does he actually gain their raw power as well?

Shimorekka: "Any training you might've done? All totally worthless now. Since 7-3 copies you the way you are now."

I ask because he was getting his ass handed to him pretty badly by #17 in the last chapter. Now we know #17 is immune to Moro's energy drain, but shouldn't Moro's overall power still give him the advantage? I'm just wondering if it's Moro's Battle Power not being that impressive or 7-3 only having access to Moro's abilities sans the full-extent of his Magic Power.
If I remember correctly He had Moro's abilities copied before the 2-month time-skip in this arc. So 17 could just be fighting the Moro from before he ate a crap ton of planets.

This is further backed up by the fact that Moro giving saganbo a fingertips worth of power pushed him to the point where it took Piccolo Gohan and both of the androids to stop him. And it was shown on Namek that when Moro gives a bunch of his energy that his beard grows and he gets older (Most likely because the energy he is absorbing is the only thing keeping him alive). But when he boosts Saganbo, no change. Seemingly implying that that was nothing for him.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:40 am

Well, it was bound to happen. Bandai has been advertising Migatte no Goku'i for two-plus years now, they're ready to move on to a new form.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:28 pm

Gt91 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:48 am spoilers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETTtdLBWoAA ... name=small
As mentioned a month or so back, this does feel as if it's tying up the loose ends of the series so this arc can end the manga as a whole. That might be pessimistic, but to be honest I'd rather that situation rather than "that" turn into another Super Saiyan thing.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:02 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:36 am
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:38 pm Guys, I have a question about 7-3: we know he gains the abilities of others when he does his grab, but does he actually gain their raw power as well?

If I remember correctly He had Moro's abilities copied before the 2-month time-skip in this arc. So 17 could just be fighting the Moro from before he ate a crap ton of planets.

This is further backed up by the fact that Moro giving saganbo a fingertips worth of power pushed him to the point where it took Piccolo Gohan and both of the androids to stop him. And it was shown on Namek that when Moro gives a bunch of his energy that his beard grows and he gets older (Most likely because the energy he is absorbing is the only thing keeping him alive). But when he boosts Saganbo, no change. Seemingly implying that that was nothing for him.
It all makes sense now. Thanks.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:25 pm

Wtf! Why is everyone suddenly talking about db super ending with this manga?! There is ZERO evidence of that happening AT ALL. People are simply speculating again. And it has brought them to astoundingly bad conclusions in this case. There is nothing that genuinely proves (or even points to!) the idea that Super is going to end with this manga.. Drop it. Please. Spreading false rumors is not something that should be allowed.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:45 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:25 pm Wtf! Why is everyone suddenly talking about db super ending with this manga?! There is ZERO evidence of that happening AT ALL. People are simply speculating again. And it has brought them to astoundingly bad conclusions in this case. There is nothing that genuinely proves (or even points to!) the idea that Super is going to end with this manga.. Drop it. Please. Spreading false rumors is not something that should be allowed.
It's just my view; I know there's no real evidence of it. I'm happy to be proved wrong - I would never suggest that there was any solid evidence of it, because there's not. I think some speculation should be expected tbh, that's the nature of the series.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:48 pm

caire wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:28 pmAs mentioned a month or so back, this does feel as if it's tying up the loose ends of the series so this arc can end the manga as a whole. That might be pessimistic, but to be honest I'd rather that situation rather than "that" turn into another Super Saiyan thing.
Between Freeza, Broly, and Sadala, there's too many plot points left open to end things with this arc.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:48 pm
caire wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:28 pmAs mentioned a month or so back, this does feel as if it's tying up the loose ends of the series so this arc can end the manga as a whole. That might be pessimistic, but to be honest I'd rather that situation rather than "that" turn into another Super Saiyan thing.
Between Freeza, Broly, and Sadala, there's too many plot points left open to end things with this arc.
Toriyama did mention he wanted to write more of Lemo, Broly and Cheelai didn't he? That's definitely promising. (I can't find a source for that right now though, but I remember it being referenced).

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:56 pm

caire wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:52 pmToriyama did mention he wanted to write more of Lemo, Broly and Cheelai didn't he? That's definitely promising.
Yes, he did say that. Even apart from that, Super isn't going to end with Freeza alive doing god knows what in the universe. That's too big of a plot point to just leave hanging. They also talked about planet Sadala too many times for nothing to come of it. We've also yet to see the 4 universes that didn't take part in the TOP.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:56 pm
caire wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:52 pmToriyama did mention he wanted to write more of Lemo, Broly and Cheelai didn't he? That's definitely promising.
Yes, he did say that. Even apart from that, Super isn't going to end with Freeza alive doing god knows what in the universe. That's too big of a plot point to just leave hanging. They also talked about planet Sadala too many times for nothing to come of it. We've also yet to see the 4 universes that didn't take part in the TOP.
Very good points. I suppose I'm just wondering how they're supposed to deal with fights etc, if these leaks are accurate. I guess upcoming chapters must introduce some sort of caveat, so that goku's not totally broken :lol:

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:32 pm

caire wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:01 pmI guess upcoming chapters must introduce some sort of caveat, so that goku's not totally broken :lol:
I don't think anything will be introduced, it'll be like SsjG. In BOG it was introduced as this upper power that can only be achieved through a special ritual, and can only last a few minutes. Fast forward one arc, and not only is everyone as strong or stronger, but SsjG is just another form Goku and Vegeta can use whenever they want, and on top of that, they found something even stronger in SsjB.

UI will just be another form Goku can use whenever he wants, and everyone he faces moving forward will somehow be strong enough to fight and even surpass it.

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:26 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:56 pm Even apart from that, Super isn't going to end with Freeza alive doing god knows what in the universe. That's too big of a plot point to just leave hanging.
Is it though? I'm sure he has his goals, but at this point, I really don't understand what sort of problem Freeza being alive presents for the protagonists.

The Broly movie already established that he's not much of a threat at the moment. He clearly wants to re-enlist Broly into his army as leverage, but since Broly is probably indebted to Goku, that's not bound to give him any real advantage over Earth. We don't know if Freeza is capable of surpassing something like Ultra Instinct, and not only does Goku himself seem to be okay with him being alive, he's equally confident that he can just stop him if he tries any funny business.

People commonly forget that Freeza was alive during Neko Majin Z. I realize that not everybody sees that as canon, but it does officially occur after the main series epilogue.

I think we should seriously consider the possibility that Freeza isn't going to die again.
Matches Malone wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:56 pm They also talked about planet Sadala too many times for nothing to come of it. We've also yet to see the 4 universes that didn't take part in the TOP.
I'm still very "eh" on these two ideas. Sadala is just a planet, and I would argue it was utilized fairly sufficiently in the Universe Survival arc. The four other universes may not actually amount to anything narratively.
Last edited by The Undying on Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly Marlowe89.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:41 pm

Oh, yeah, Dragon Ball Super Broly missed a great opportunity to present Kuriza in a post-credit scene, since it's also a "father-son" movie.

If Freeza has to become a random saturday morning villain like Wile E. Coyote with his TNT, at least make it interesting. Let's see Freeza interacting with a son, makes for a great and unexpected character development.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~