The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by TobyS » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:35 am

Peach wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:57 pm What if 17 had showed up during the Super Buu arc and Battle of Gods with the same power as in Super?
Manga wise we know 17 is strong enough to either force goku into ss3 or make him want to do it just to end the battle. So at lowest he's mid SS2 tier.

This sounds like lowballing but he's also had less years to train here.

Depends when he arrives.

He could save Tenshinan from being Ko'ed leading to a Goku Ten fusion or a Goku 17 fusion. Or even a Ten 17 fusion.

He might get absorbed and make things worse.

Ironically he might accidentally do what Vegito did due to forcefields being one of his go-to's.

He'd be very usefull vs kid Buu/ holding him off and stuff.

Would be interesting.

Also making contact with the gang here earlier might make them think of him for the Beerus/Freeza/U6 fights...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:01 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:14 pm
TobyS wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:38 pm What if, wanting insurance agains't Piccolo Jr. after Gokus very narrow win, Kami trained the humans like he did before the saiyans.

So lets say a kami trained Kuririn is there when Raditz shows up.

Scenario 2, lets say, butterfly effect wise, Yamcha is there too.

How does the Raditz fight go down differently?

If others die how does them being Kaio trained help?

Are there not enough people to hold off the saiyans for long enough? Or do they get stronger as well because they start that year of training already stronger? Does Goku perhaps having a sparring partner at Kaios help them both, and make them fly back to earth faster making up for their reduced forces? Or does no one die V Raditz and they are too weak for Vegeta? Maybe they remember the RoSaT?

Due to butterfly effect do they not mention the dragonballs and this changes Vegetas tactics? Or they don't mention them and Goku dies so they never come to earth?

What do you think?
I think nobody dies with Krilin on the court. With Yamcha then Raditz has no chance. In less than a year they became enough to kill saibaimen who were Raditz tier. It would be detrimental for Goku's future growth. Vegeta and Nappa would never learn about the DBs, just like Raditz. They would never go out of their way to avenge him, so eventually, Freeza would conquer Earth. Probably after many years of peace and slice of life events.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:01 am What if Gowasu had Zamasu meet Obni instead of the Babarians? Would Zamasu still hate mortals?
I don't think what Zamasu witnessed actually changed his mind. He was just looking for validation of his beliefs, he would've found that even if it wasn't there.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:01 pm GT What If (sort of):
What If instead of the Universal Genki Dama, in order to defeat Omega Shenron, Goku used a ritual of pure hearted Saiyans (in this case, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Pan) to become the Saiyan of Legends, the Super Saiyan God?
I don't think it would change much, I believe SS4 and SSG are relatable witht SSG having the edge, but not enough to defeat Omega. To me, SSB is needed, but maybe if SS4 Vegeta joined the fight once more they'd have a shot.
I'm working on the assumption that they don't become as strong as their saiyan saga selves.
They'd have just vastly narrowed the gap between their BoZ selves and Goku and Piccolo, making them relavent help.
It'd make the Nappa fight a stomp but then no kaioken to beat Vegeta probably :(

If they don't mention the dragonballs wouldn't they want to kill the traitor saiyan, even though vegeta doesn't care about Raditz at all?

Goku remembering the RoSaT due to butterfly effect randomness, or maybe they train Gohan at Kamis or something reminding him, might be their only chance to beat Vegeta.

The idea of the Freeza force reacting to the news of Saiyan compatible breeders might be considered a threat to Freeza.

Although if they do chase off Vegeta and Freeza visits it'd be interesting to see, I mean the Z-team hasn't offended Freeza personally.

Perhaps when he sees how meek and polite Goku and Gohan is and no ambitions to conqer anything he might leave.

He may even ponder the idea that crossing them with humans fixes the problems he had with the saiyans, occupying and breeding saiyan hybrids. Great idea for an AU imo.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:40 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:01 am I'm working on the assumption that they don't become as strong as their saiyan saga selves.
They'd have just vastly narrowed the gap between their BoZ selves and Goku and Piccolo, making them relavent help.
It'd make the Nappa fight a stomp but then no kaioken to beat Vegeta probably :(

If they don't mention the dragonballs wouldn't they want to kill the traitor saiyan, even though vegeta doesn't care about Raditz at all?

Goku remembering the RoSaT due to butterfly effect randomness, or maybe they train Gohan at Kamis or something reminding him, might be their only chance to beat Vegeta.

The idea of the Freeza force reacting to the news of Saiyan compatible breeders might be considered a threat to Freeza.

Although if they do chase off Vegeta and Freeza visits it'd be interesting to see, I mean the Z-team hasn't offended Freeza personally.

Perhaps when he sees how meek and polite Goku and Gohan is and no ambitions to conqer anything he might leave.

He may even ponder the idea that crossing them with humans fixes the problems he had with the saiyans, occupying and breeding saiyan hybrids. Great idea for an AU imo.
I see, it is the most interesting way to go at it, although if they got that strong training for six months or so, starting with Kami at the EoDB they should be even stronger than they were vs Nappa, but that'd be boring.

Piccolo and Goku with the help of Gohan's rage put Raditz down with a lot of effort, if we add to the mix a decent Krilin and Yamcha (Tenshinhan would be overkill), Raditz would be the only one dying. Perhaps not even needing Gohan's rage, he wouldn't go crazy over his dad getting beaten up because Krilin and Yamcha would be there to get Raditz off Goku's back.
I still don't see Raditz knowing about the DBs but it is possible Vegeta and Nappa want to go over there to have a nice fight and also grow stronger for the day they attack Freeza.

Goku would have to pull the ROSAT out of his ass, but he would have to go in there with Piccolo. Gohan would be too young and it took him a while to get a hold of himself living alone in the forest. Also without his rage exploding, there wouldn't be much reason to get him into the ROSAT. Gohan could be trained by Kami though with similar results to his Piccolo training.

With kame guys helping vs Raditz, Gohan's potential wouldn't be known even by his friends and would be a good ace up their sleeve against the saiyans. The fight vs Nappa would be quick, but vs Vegeta would depend on just how strong Goku got in the ROSAT.
The question now would be: is Goku getting stronger training for a year with an equal like Piccolo without new groundbreaking techniques or training under Kaiosama? I think at best, through zenkais he can go from 400 PL to 16.000.PL(like his KKx2, twice as strong as he got with kaiosama), which wouldn't be enough for Vegeta. Piccolo could be close to him, 10k? and the earthlings somewhere between 5-10k. Vegeta should be smart enough to off those little threats just to be on the safe side.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:40 pm
TobyS wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:01 am I'm working on the assumption that they don't become as strong as their saiyan saga selves.

I see, it is the most interesting way to go at it, although if they got that strong training for six months or so, starting with Kami at the EoDB they should be even stronger than they were vs Nappa, but that'd be boring.

Piccolo and Goku with the help of Gohan's rage put Raditz down with a lot of effort, if we add to the mix a decent Krilin and Yamcha (Tenshinhan would be overkill), Raditz would be the only one dying. Perhaps not even needing Gohan's rage, he wouldn't go crazy over his dad getting beaten up because Krilin and Yamcha would be there to get Raditz off Goku's back.
I still don't see Raditz knowing about the DBs but it is possible Vegeta and Nappa want to go over there to have a nice fight and also grow stronger for the day they attack Freeza.

Goku would have to pull the ROSAT out of his ass, but he would have to go in there with Piccolo. Gohan would be too young and it took him a while to get a hold of himself living alone in the forest. Also without his rage exploding, there wouldn't be much reason to get him into the ROSAT. Gohan could be trained by Kami though with similar results to his Piccolo training.

With kame guys helping vs Raditz, Gohan's potential wouldn't be known even by his friends and would be a good ace up their sleeve against the saiyans. The fight vs Nappa would be quick, but vs Vegeta would depend on just how strong Goku got in the ROSAT.
The question now would be: is Goku getting stronger training for a year with an equal like Piccolo without new groundbreaking techniques or training under Kaiosama? I think at best, through zenkais he can go from 400 PL to 16.000.PL(like his KKx2, twice as strong as he got with kaiosama), which wouldn't be enough for Vegeta. Piccolo could be close to him, 10k? and the earthlings somewhere between 5-10k. Vegeta should be smart enough to off those little threats just to be on the safe side.
I think that all seems fair

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:34 am

What-if Goku stayed on Yardrat Until the androids appeared? Learning everything from the Yardratians. Also, in this version he didn’t catch the heart virus. What would happen?

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:45 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:34 am What-if Goku stayed on Yardrat Until the androids appeared? Learning everything from the Yardratians. Also, in this version he didn’t catch the heart virus. What would happen?
Sounds like we might get a sort of Saiyan saga like situation. We all know that Android aga Piccolo is at least Frieza level, maybe even stronger. However with no Super Saiyan sparring partner, would he get there on his own? Probably not. Vegeta would far outclass everyone as he would still see Trunks the second SSJ and probably hear Goku still lives so he would be more or less the same. Vegeta would kill 19 and maybe Gero. However if Gero escaped and managed to activate 17 and 18 then the Z warriors would be doomed. However since 16's only purpose is to kill Goku maybe they would just replicate the actions of the future or wait for his arrival. Either way Goku would have to come to the rescue as a much weaker Kamicolo couldn't do it nor normal Vegeta. If Goku arrives by that point, I would estimate he would be at least Vegeta post HTC the first time. Goku would kill the two of them then handle Cell easy peasy. Then after everyone would need to train hard over the 7 years, and with Goku not being dead and Gohan's potential still not unlocked. I bet Goku would spend most of the 7 years training with him. Meaning by Buu saga Gohan would probably be the strongest, but I doubt anybody would have SSJ3. Since Goku never went to train with Metamorans there would be no Gotenks and thus Gohan would murder Super Buu and be the last one on Earth using the Namekian Dragon Balls to bring everyone back. I still think Shin would bring Gohan for training due to him still not scratching the surface of his potential but enough where Shin is convinced he would be able to lift the Z sword. So in the end Gohan would be by far the strongest and SSJ3 might be acquired by EoZ. There would be no Uub however, so maybe Goku would just quit fighting really and just train Pan.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:34 pm

What if Yamcha was part "Beastman"?

Animal people appeared pretty much since day one of the franchise, so it wouldn't feel out of place for Yamcha to have wolfman ancestry. It could even give him a transformation where he taps into his heritage.

I understand that it would be similar to Goku, but it could also open up some comedic scenes.

*Goku transforms after seeing the moon*
Yamcha: "WHY CAN'T I DO THAT?!"

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:29 am

Berserker1921 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:34 am What-if Goku stayed on Yardrat Until the androids appeared? Learning everything from the Yardratians. Also, in this version he didn’t catch the heart virus. What would happen?
Cell would basically be unstoppable if he picked up on all those techniques Goku learned after self destructing.

Limitless123

Post by Limitless123 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:01 pm

I’m not sure how that’s supposed to work. If Goku stays in Yardrat the entire time, Freeza destroys Earth and Goku dies from cardiac arrest.

If we assume it’s only in the main timeline that Goku stayed, then the virus still gets him. Since he dies things go as if Rosat had never been introduced: Initial Androids are defeated, 17 and 18 defeat the Z Fighters, Kamiccolo fights 17 but is killed by Cell, Tenshinhan buys time for 18 to escape. Cell never reaches perfection thanks to that, destroys the planet and is eventually killed by Dabra and Babidi.
Power Levels:
Main Series + GT
Movies

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:16 pm

Limitless123 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:01 pm
I’m not sure how that’s supposed to work. If Goku stays in Yardrat the entire time, Freeza destroys Earth and Goku dies from cardiac arrest.
Trunks wouldn't still come back during this time?

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:43 pm

What if Cell had DNA from Tien, Yamcha, Krillin, Raditz, Nappa...and Ginyu? (Somehow, Ginyu came to Earth with Frieza and Cold.)

Would he just be a little stronger? How do you think it would affect his personality? I see him being too proud to ever use the body swap technique.

Limitless123

Post by Limitless123 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:57 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:16 pm
These events would also happen in other Timelines, so with Freeza on Earth when Goku isn't Trunks wouldn't even be born.
Power Levels:
Main Series + GT
Movies

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:20 pm

What if the Nameless Namek was sent to Planet Sadala?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:15 pm

Limitless123 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:57 pm
Mad Swami wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:16 pm

These events would also happen in other Timelines, so with Freeza on Earth when Goku isn't Trunks wouldn't even be born.
Fair enough but what about string theory?

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:47 am

what if (instead of being erased), Zamasu got sealed inside Trunks's sword as a punishment? i'm thinking of something like how demons in this series called wakfu are sealed as objects/weapons that can be used by it's guardian in combat. I'd think it'd be hilarious if the all mortal hater, ended up forcefully helping a mortal by becoming a weapon, it'd be even better if he could actually talk. My question is, would the Super fighters use him or leave him in a capsule?
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:09 pm

dbs fanboy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:47 am what if (instead of being erased), Zamasu got sealed inside Trunks's sword as a punishment? i'm thinking of something like how demons in this series called wakfu are sealed as objects/weapons that can be used by it's guardian in combat. I'd think it'd be hilarious if the all mortal hater, ended up forcefully helping a mortal by becoming a weapon, it'd be even better if he could actually talk. My question is, would the Super fighters use him or leave him in a capsule?
He'd be extremely useful since he's immortal. That'd basically make any villain worthless, because Zamasu could just be used as shield to tank his strongest attacks while the usual Saiyans spam all of their abilities without having to worry about anything.

Plus if Zamasu got the opportunity to fight alongside mortals, he might understand that not all of them are bad and try to atone for his sins in some way. That would make for some very nice character development, similar to the story arcs that Vegeta got in Z and Freeza got in Super.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:57 pm

Here's a very dark timeline for our protagonist:

What If Goku was found and raised by the Red Ribbon Army? What type of dark path would he take?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:05 am

What if Tien remained a relevant character past Dragon Ball, he still is a total Ki Genius and can copy any technique from seeing it once, and his overall potential is on the level of Vegeta or Goku. He spends literally all his time training so he should be a pretty powerful presence even without zenkais.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:03 pm

Vegetes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:05 am What if Tien remained a relevant character past Dragon Ball, he still is a total Ki Genius and can copy any technique from seeing it once, and his overall potential is on the level of Vegeta or Goku. He spends literally all his time training so he should be a pretty powerful presence even without zenkais.
Enemies probably just get an extra transformation and he trains and fights that one.

Or he teams up with others but the enemy is just that much stronger to compensate...

Boring but true.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:53 pm

I doubt he'd ever do this because Tenshinhan is kinda thick a very honorable warrior, but I still think there's huge potential in a clone grabbing someone and IT'ing themselves into space (how do you IT into space in the first place? By putting a clone there) or into King Enma's palace. If nothing else it'd be a pretty funny anti-climax.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes