Was Vegeta virgin before Bulma?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Re: Was Vegeta virgin before Bulma?

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:29 am

I think he was. Stemming somewhat from that scene where Bulma was telling him not to try anything with her, and he found the conversation quite uncomfortable, even "vulgar". Seems like he was quite a prude. Freeza's army seemed quite lacking in women, so he might not have been around them much. True, he could have banged random alien chicks on the planets he was destroying, but...I don't know, it just seems unlikely. As others said, his pride might've prevented him from acting out whatever urges he had with non-Saiyan races.

As for why he finally gave in because of Bulma, I would assume living at her place could be the first time he was consistently around women. So having her always around, probably making flirtatious remarks and spouting thinly veiled innuendo just might have broken down his defenses. And, well, as Trunks said, after the breakup with Yamcha "Mom was angry, Dad was lonely", so it just ended up happening. Ah, true love :lol:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Lollijpop

Post by Lollijpop » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 pm

I also think he was a virgin, he never trusted anyone while he was under frieza. I think its clear to say Nappa and Raditz seem like the type to go around alien woman, but i could see vegeta turning his nose up even hearing their “conquests”. I feel his Saiyan pride was all he had when he was evil.
Most people then turn at this point and say why was bulma any different then?
If he would resist urges with other species then why not her?
Well she’s a different situation, he was taken out of a bad place, she’ll of been the first person he could let his guard down to. He figured out she wasn’t going to try to kill him pretty early on, and she opened up her home, gave him gifts (armor, food and GR) wasn’t bad to look at and probably, the most decent conversation he’d have in a while, he got to know this person. Which is something he’d of refused to do while everyone was out for themselves.
Also vegeta was obsessive over the fact he literally had a dead line (when the androids come). we learn from future Trunks how vegeta and bulma got together was, Bulma was lonely and Vegeta was sad.
Meaning the pressure got to him, what if he had a fuck it moment and thought if he was going to die he may as well try IT.

I think Vegeta is the type to only put his dick in what he see’s is Elite/ worth it.
Which would’ve been very little. Especially the crying begging aliens on planets he was conquering. No doubt they amused him begging. But if bulma was a “vulgar creature”
I could imagine them being the same.
I think if he wasn’t a virgin it would’ve had to of been someone he got to of known.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm

I don't think he'd let he pee-pee touch anything other than his own flesh, too be honest. He seems too self-absorbed for sex.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm I don't think he'd let he pee-pee touch anything other than his own flesh, too be honest. He seems too self-absorbed for sex.
Agreed. In fact, I'd say that he'd never felt a hint of sexual attraction until Bulma revealed that she'd shot Goku in the head back when they were children.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:06 pm

It doesn't have much to do.. but I think Tarble would have worked better as a son of Vegeta .. born on one of planetary conquest trips later he is unite to frieza army and back in fnf :think:

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:06 pm

I've always assumed Saiyans did a lot of raping as they fought wars and pillaged planets so no I don't think he was.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:17 pm

TheZFighter wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:06 pm I've always assumed Saiyans did a lot of raping as they fought wars and pillaged planets so no I don't think he was.
What, bug people and octopus creatures? :sick:
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:24 pm

Valerius Dover wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:17 pm
TheZFighter wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:06 pm I've always assumed Saiyans did a lot of raping as they fought wars and pillaged planets so no I don't think he was.
What, bug people and octopus creatures? :sick:
Yeah why not
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:41 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm I don't think he'd let he pee-pee touch anything other than his own flesh, too be honest. He seems too self-absorbed for sex.
Agreed. In fact, I'd say that he'd never felt a hint of sexual attraction until Bulma revealed that she'd shot Goku in the head back when they were children.
Self-absorbed folks/narcissist tend to be highly promiscuous, so I don't think that's a good argument.

Besides, barbarian war-mongering folks (such as the Saiyans) tend to be into doing a lot of pillaging and raping, so I don't see him being a virgin before meeting Bulma.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:21 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:41 pm
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 pm
Self-absorbed folks/narcissist tend to be highly promiscuous, so I don't think that's a good argument.

Besides, barbarian war-mongering folks (such as the Saiyans) tend to be into doing a lot of pillaging and raping, so I don't see him being a virgin before meeting Bulma.
Rape wouldn't be him losing his virginity, though, because rape isn't sex. That said, even at his worst Vegeta never came across as the type to actually do the sort of things he did. He was royalty and orders of magnitude self-absorbed. I can't see him even enjoying the thought of raping someone.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:19 pm

Funny that I didn't even remember I made this thread roughly 4 years ago lol

But yea, I still think Vegeta was virgin, but still not 100% sure about it
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:36 pm

I think the line of thinking that Saiyans generally don't have much interest in sex beyond procreation makes a lot of sense. I don't think there's ever been much of an example of a full-blooded Saiyan that we've seen that had much interest in a relationship in general, much less sex. In Vegeta's case, Bulma was room and board for him, and she probably wanted a kid. To him, it's preserving his practically extinct species. Quid pro quo.

For all we know Goku's borderline asexuality is typical Saiyan behavior--even though he seems largely disinterested, he still ended up with a wife and kids who he cares about. Though for all we know, he cares for Chichi as just a friend or something. I kinda like that ambiguity.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:48 pm

Thanos wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:36 pm I think the line of thinking that Saiyans generally don't have much interest in sex beyond procreation makes a lot of sense. I don't think there's ever been much of an example of a full-blooded Saiyan that we've seen that had much interest in a relationship in general, much less sex. In Vegeta's case, Bulma was room and board for him, and she probably wanted a kid. To him, it's preserving his practically extinct species. Quid pro quo.

For all we know Goku's borderline asexuality is typical Saiyan behavior--even though he seems largely disinterested, he still ended up with a wife and kids who he cares about. Though for all we know, he cares for Chichi as just a friend or something. I kinda like that ambiguity.
Mostly agree, but dunno about Goku being normal. Vegeta did seem pretty weirded out at the notion of Goku never having kissed Chi-Chi before. :lol:
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:43 pm

Valerius Dover wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:48 pm Mostly agree, but dunno about Goku being normal. Vegeta did seem pretty weirded out at the notion of Goku never having kissed Chi-Chi before. :lol:
Thinking about it, maybe Vegeta is weirded out because it's such an extreme case of what otherwise wouldn't be a big deal? I know a couple people almost completely uninterested in sex but they've still made out/kissed long term partners. Kissing isn't even necessarily a sexual thing so it's an odd thing to abstain from even with a diminished sex drive.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:56 am

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:43 pm
Valerius Dover wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:48 pm Mostly agree, but dunno about Goku being normal. Vegeta did seem pretty weirded out at the notion of Goku never having kissed Chi-Chi before. :lol:
Thinking about it, maybe Vegeta is weirded out because it's such an extreme case of what otherwise wouldn't be a big deal? I know a couple people almost completely uninterested in sex but they've still made out/kissed long term partners. Kissing isn't even necessarily a sexual thing so it's an odd thing to abstain from even with a diminished sex drive.
Also, I remembered how there are plenty of people/cultures out there that don't actually have this act as part of the romantic ritual. I'm sure this was meant to highlight again how unromantic Goku is, but it's also possible to think of it in terms of Chichi not caring about it either.

TheSeductiveTomato
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSeductiveTomato » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:33 am

Well Super established that Saiyans are only attracted to strong women, so he likely never encountered anyone that impressed him. Despite that, it is possible that he, Nappa, and Raditz hit some alien skins in between planet conquering. Maybe Frieza Planet 239 had a space brothel or something that was popular among Frieza Force soldiers. But then that depends if Saiyans have a sense of lust the way Earthlings do.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:43 am

It’s possible he had some fun with some “Cheelai” from Freeza’s forces.

I doubt he ever raped when conquering Planets, because we have to remember that the universe has only 28 Planets with intelligent life, and it’s possible most of those were already enslaved by Freeza through different methods like he did with the Saiyans, and it’s also possible many of those unintelligent species are incompatible with Saiyans.
So, in my opinion, Vegeta mostly fought against unintellingent alien species, similar to the ones Bardock is seen fighting against in Minus.

I would bet that, if ever asked, Toriyama would confirm Vegeta was a virgin before Bulma but with the information available I wouldn’t 100% rule out the possibility that Vegeta got intimate with some woman employed by Freeza. Even Freeza believed Gohan to be Raditz’s son so he may possibly have been aware of the Saiyans having some fun.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:10 am

Def a virgin. He's still shy when kissing Bulma, so I believe he's the type of man who requires physical and emotional intimacy before doing the deed.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:00 pm

emperior wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:43 am It’s possible he had some fun with some “Cheelai” from Freeza’s forces.

I doubt he ever raped when conquering Planets, because we have to remember that the universe has only 28 Planets with intelligent life, and it’s possible most of those were already enslaved by Freeza through different methods like he did with the Saiyans, and it’s also possible many of those unintelligent species are incompatible with Saiyans.
So, in my opinion, Vegeta mostly fought against unintellingent alien species, similar to the ones Bardock is seen fighting against in Minus.

I would bet that, if ever asked, Toriyama would confirm Vegeta was a virgin before Bulma but with the information available I wouldn’t 100% rule out the possibility that Vegeta got intimate with some woman employed by Freeza. Even Freeza believed Gohan to be Raditz’s son so he may possibly have been aware of the Saiyans having some fun.
Really? Is there a source for that?

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:01 pm

wolflonnie wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:10 am Def a virgin. He's still shy when kissing Bulma, so I believe he's the type of man who requires physical and emotional intimacy before doing the deed.
Many people and cultures (including Japan) are against showing romantic affection in public, so that doesnt really say anything either way.

Also, he was just as surprised as the audience that Goku never kissed his wife, so that says a lot.