Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:32 pm

I'm not sure about this. I mean, one thing is post just one picture, but this behavior of yours looks very, very salty.

Well, seems like the picture I posted before isn't appearing, so I'll post it again:

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:48 pm

Skar wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:42 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:00 pmthe majority was never like this if not in this way about huge designs that also appear on official products ... SSJ5
Sorry I don't understand what you mean. SSJ5 was an original fanart and what someone thought the form following SSJ4 could look like. I'm talking about the fanart that use an image of one of the Saiyand and only recolor the hair or clothes with MSPaint. They weren't considered predictions because no one believed they would actually happen. They wanted to make a new form for a fanfiction but couldn't draw a new one so they just recolored an existing form. It's a joke to older fans who have seen them many times on the internet before DBS.
a fanart is a fanart regardless of the quality ... if we talk about editions they would also have been with the ssj5 or ssj6 etc.
uh .. many believed that DB AF was something real because of their ignorance about the series in japan ... that causes many fans to make their design of characters on inspired by that concept ...

and for a series where the transformations were very far from being something like shinigami ... in fact they were blond hair
It would be the most consistent and that does not determine that the current transformations are bad for that reason if you understand what I say

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:23 am

Tai Lung wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:48 pmand for a series where the transformations were very far from being something like shinigami ... in fact they were blond hair
It would be the most consistent and that does not determine that the current transformations are bad for that reason if you understand what I say
Sure but all of Toriyama's SSJ forms were blonde so no one predicted he would return one day and recolor the same forms. I'm not arguing quality because that comes down to personal preference. Whatever your opinion was of these forms when seeing them years ago in fanfiction likely won't change once you saw them appear in DBS. The evil Goku fanart only had one comment between 2009 and 2018 before someone noticed the similarities with Goku Black. To most of those people, it was funny how a fan coincidentally chose the same colors for an evil Goku as Toriyama over a decade earlier.

A coincidence doesn't mean he was trying to make a prediction is all I'm saying. Having an evil character wear black is pretty common in fiction but Toriyama never did that with previous villains. Vegeta wasn't exactly pure when he first achieved SSJ and Toriyama designed Broly for the original movie so that kid had no reason to assume there would one day be an evil SSJ with a unique hair color. Broly had green tinted hair in his first movie I guess but had bright colored clothes though and no assumed the green was meant to symbolize evil or darkness.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:27 am

Toriyama and Toei totally looked at that one DeviantArt pic from 2009 that literally nobody cared about to design Goku Black :roll:

Well, thank God they didn't. Because the Evil Goku in that pic doesn't look great at all. I am so happy they didn't copy that. The tanned skin, long-sleeved clothes, and thin body structure really make a lot of difference.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:42 am

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:58 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:28 pmGoku Black in Super Saiyan Blue is a sin. Delete that, it's hurting my eyes.
Totally agree. I see why they went with Pink as Blue doesn't fit him at all.
SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:32 pmSeems like the picture I posted before isn't appearing, so I'll post it again:
There's a good reason why it didn't appear as some things can't be unseen, this being one of them. Good thing I don't eat those beans. :lol:

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:21 pm

Skar wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:23 am
Tai Lung wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:48 pmand for a series where the transformations were very far from being something like shinigami ... in fact they were blond hair
Sure but all of Toriyama's SSJ forms were blonde so no one predicted he would return one day and recolor the same forms. I'm not arguing quality because that comes down to personal preference. Whatever your opinion was of these forms when seeing them years ago in fanfiction likely won't change once you saw them appear in DBS. The evil Goku fanart only had one comment between 2009 and 2018 before someone noticed the similarities with Goku Black. To most of those people, it was funny how a fan coincidentally chose the same colors for an evil Goku as Toriyama over a decade earlier.

A coincidence doesn't mean he was trying to make a prediction is all I'm saying. Having an evil character wear black is pretty common in fiction but Toriyama never did that with previous villains. Vegeta wasn't exactly pure when he first achieved SSJ and Toriyama designed Broly for the original movie so that kid had no reason to assume there would one day be an evil SSJ with a unique hair color. Broly had green tinted hair in his first movie I guess but had bright colored clothes though and no assumed the green was meant to symbolize evil or darkness.
in the canon no .. but if there were versions of toei ... baby vegeta is one of the cases
evil buu qualifies as evil and dark colored

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:18 am

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:21 pmin the canon no .. but if there were versions of toei ... baby vegeta is one of the cases
Baby Vegeta was a possessed Saiyan and he had a different hair color. Are you saying Toriyama was inspired by that for SSJR? Sorry I don't follow what you mean with this example. The gray Buu was the manifestation of the evil in Buu and showed up in that color. Goku Black was a Kaioshin who stole Goku's body and decided to wear black maybe to hide his identity. That evil Goku fanart is just meant to be an evil version of Goku and black and a shade of red are the two most common colors for villains in fiction. Is there anything wrong with assuming this is a random piece of fanart and not a prediction?

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:58 pm

Skar wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:18 am
Tai Lung wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:21 pmin the canon no .. but if there were versions of toei ... baby vegeta is one of the cases
Baby Vegeta was a possessed Saiyan and he had a different hair color. Are you saying Toriyama was inspired by that for SSJR? Sorry I don't follow what you mean with this example. The gray Buu was the manifestation of the evil in Buu and showed up in that color. Goku Black was a Kaioshin who stole Goku's body and decided to wear black maybe to hide his identity. That evil Goku fanart is just meant to be an evil version of Goku and black and a shade of red are the two most common colors for villains in fiction. Is there anything wrong with assuming this is a random piece of fanart and not a prediction?
not only that that had existed in the broly green hair franchise, baby white hair as a different form
I don't understand what you said

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:59 am

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:58 pmnot only that that had existed in the broly green hair franchise, baby white hair as a different form
I mentioned Broly but I don't understand the point you're getting at. Are you saying Toriyama was inspired by the different hair colors for LSSJ and Baby Vegeta for DBS and this kid predicted it? On his profile, he mentions he's 12 year old last time that was updated. His Deviantart gallery is filled with other palette swaps like many other young fans have made for their fanfics back then. There are many other Evil Goku fanart with a combination of black and red. There was nothing particularly unique about his Evil Goku at the time and it was only noticed after Toriyama happened to come up with a similar design.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Skar wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:59 am
Tai Lung wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:58 pmnot only that that had existed in the broly green hair franchise, baby white hair as a different form
I mentioned Broly but I don't understand the point you're getting at. Are you saying Toriyama was inspired by the different hair colors for LSSJ and Baby Vegeta for DBS and this kid predicted it?
as such no ... but he receives advice from the toei staff

Kiyoharu

Post by Kiyoharu » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:20 am

His design is decent compared to what they did to him as a character.

I still can't believe that DBS was able to ruin Trunks, he was one of the best Dragon Ball characters and DBS turned him into a Gary Stu that took a Genkidama out of his ass.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:53 am

Dude, I don't think you know what either "interesting" or "funny" mean.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Shaddy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:06 am If this thread has convinced me of anything, it's that there's no good discussion among people who speak more with image macros than language.
People who look at out-of-context screenshots duct-taped together and say "this P R O V E S my opinion is OBJECTIVELY CORRECT #libsowned!" in the middle of mostly-unrelated discussions, with no proper arguments, aren't worth talking to. It's barely a step above "watch these 30 youtube videos and it'll all make sense".

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:25 am

Sooooooooooooooo......will this arc ever end? i'm kinda tired of it, this "dbs vs everything war" it's sooooo dragged out it's driving me mad.

3/10 , idk what the writers were thinking.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:47 pm

cam is proumd to premsent, dragom balm cheemz

I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:54 am

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:05 am

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:07 pm

Kiyoharu wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:20 am I still can't believe that DBS was able to ruin Trunks, he was one of the best Dragon Ball characters and DBS turned him into a Gary Stu that took a Genkidama out of his ass.
Man, I dunno how to tell you this but Trunks was already a Mary Sue. A very well executed one with loads of personality and interesting characterization but still a Mary Sue. Trunks is a time travelling twunk with purple hair and a sword, who is the son of the series villainous bad boy and the series most prominent woman. He was trained by one of the major character's of the series, comes from a post apocalytpic future, and is the sole survivor of the Dragon Team. That is the most Mary Sue backstory since Rose Potter.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:00 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:07 pm
Man, I dunno how to tell you this but Trunks was already a Mary Sue. A very well executed one with loads of personality and interesting characterization but still a Mary Sue.
His entire character is being a failure who constantly gets his ass kicked and is ultimately pointless in the story he was made for. He is, by far, one of the most non-sue characters in Dragon Ball and Super only continues this with his big moment literally being the reason his entire missions fails and gives the villain the win.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017