If Naruto was a Dragonball character, how far would he go?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sadala Elite
Banned

If Naruto was a Dragonball character, how far would he go?

Post by Sadala Elite » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:25 am

Assuming Ki and Chakra are the same thing, how far would Naruto develop in the DBverse if he were a part of it?

This question is for fellow Naruto fans.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: If Naruto was a Dragonball character, how far would he go?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:29 pm

I think he'd probably make a significant contribution with introducing ninjas and hokage to the DB mythology.

I can't tell further than that.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:25 pm

As far as I can see Chakra is just another application of chi/ki. To me end of Series Naruto could reasonably take on a SSJ2, and knows enough tricks to keep up with beyond SSJ2

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:49 pm

I'd love to see him trying to talk no jutsu Zamasu into becoming good again. Since Zamasu is similar to Naruto villains because he fundamentally wants to bring peace to the world, he'd make for the perfect candidate.

Not that DB characters are bad at that. Goku and Bulma did redeem Vegeta, a scumbag who casually committed mundicide without regrets or hesitation.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:39 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:49 pm I'd love to see him trying to talk no jutsu Zamasu into becoming good again. Since Zamasu is similar to Naruto villains because he fundamentally wants to bring peace to the world, he'd make for the perfect candidate.

Not that DB characters are bad at that. Goku and Bulma did redeem Vegeta, a scumbag who casually committed mundicide without regrets or hesitation.
Seconded. Zamasu is so not a DBZ villain, only someone like Naruto could talk him down.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:05 pm

Naruto would fit so much better in DB than in his own verse, right at home in fact. He’s way too much of a Goku clone in so many respects and thus is far too simple for his own complicated world.
FoolsGil wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:39 pm Seconded. Zamasu is so not a DBZ villain, only someone like Naruto could talk him down.
Unless he’s anything like Madara, that is.
Speaking of which, the battle armor that he and others from his time like the Senju wear is at times rather reminiscent of the Saiyan variant with both the shoulder extensions and the three platings surrounding their legs and extending from the torso.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:33 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:39 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:49 pm I'd love to see him trying to talk no jutsu Zamasu into becoming good again. Since Zamasu is similar to Naruto villains because he fundamentally wants to bring peace to the world, he'd make for the perfect candidate.

Seconded. Zamasu is so not a DBZ villain, only someone like Naruto could talk him down.
Indeed. Zamasu could easily pass for a Naruto villain to be honest with all his monologues about peace and justice and utopia. Fused Zamasu even had his own susanoo. All he's missing is a mini arc of flashback with sad anime ost playing in the background. It wouldn't surprise me if Toriyama was influenced a little bit by Naruto villains when he came up with the character of Zamasu.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:44 pm

I think Naruto himself wouldn't do much besides give the humans a much needed helping hand in becoming relevant again. Which is pretty big but not really likely the change the status quo of DB all that much. Other shinobi on the hand, especially ones that rely on genjutsu, sound like a much bigger shake up. They might even be what Hit should have been; someone Goku can't just outmuscle. There'd suddenly be a whole second dimension to fighting which would be pretty cool to see play out.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:54 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:33 pmIt wouldn't surprise me if Toriyama was influenced a little bit by Naruto villains when he came up with the character of Zamasu.
In that case it would be the influence coming full circle.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Since he's human, he'd probably get as far as Krillin.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:35 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:53 pm Since he's human, he'd probably get as far as Krillin.
Was literally coming to say this.

I guess he is supposedly a reincarnated god with a demon within him so maybe Uub? Naruto had a lot of nonsense to his name by the end.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:51 am

I think a better question is, what if Saitama were in Dragon Ball.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:13 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:51 am I think a better question is, what if Saitama were in Dragon Ball.
He would do as much as he does in his own verse. Beating anyone effortlessly.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:27 am

Akyon wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:35 pm
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:53 pm Since he's human, he'd probably get as far as Krillin.
Was literally coming to say this.

I guess he is supposedly a reincarnated god with a demon within him so maybe Uub? Naruto had a lot of nonsense to his name by the end.
To be fair the seeds were there from the very beginning, like standing on the Valley of the End statues of those who were essentially their past lives.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:43 pm

It's hard to know. I don't watch/read Boruto so I don't know how strong Naruto is in there, but in the main series I don't know if he can beat even Raditz. With train I think he can be stronger than the humans but weaker than the saiyans.

And about Saitama, IMO he is weaker than Goku and Vegeta (saiyan saga).

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:10 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:43 pm It's hard to know. I don't watch/read Boruto so I don't know how strong Naruto is in there, but in the main series I don't know if he can beat even Raditz. With train I think he can be stronger than the humans but weaker than the saiyans.

And about Saitama, IMO he is weaker than Goku and Vegeta (saiyan saga).
Saitama wins because toon force, thats it. Take that away and I legit don't think he's THAT strong.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:28 pm

I see a lot of people saying that he has toon force, but I don't think this is true.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:59 am

SSJgogeto wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:28 pm I see a lot of people saying that he has toon force, but I don't think this is true.
He doesn't, but Arale does.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:20 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:51 am I think a better question is, what if Saitama were in Dragon Ball.
He'd humiliate Goku then Beerus and then a little crying kid wearing a Dragon Ball hat appears and Saitama licks the tears off his face
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:00 am

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:20 am
He'd humiliate Goku then Beerus and then a little crying kid wearing a Dragon Ball hat appears and Saitama licks the tears off his face
Saitama is at best only Namek saga level.