"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:28 pm

I bought the season pass back at launch but I have no interest in playing as SSJ Red. I'll just stick to SS1-3

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:45 pm

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1245053292385689600
It seems like developers were initially going for Manga Art Style for DBZ: Kakarot.
Full Article: https://cgworld.jp/feature/202003-cgw260t1-dbzkkrt.html

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:08 am

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:45 pm https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1245053292385689600
It seems like developers were initially going for Manga Art Style for DBZ: Kakarot.
The manga style graphics actually look much better I think.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:30 am

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:45 pm https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1245053292385689600
Wow, that looks great. Especially the word being finally in manga/series art style and not 3D render resembling the world.
I have personally a little uncanny valley feeling with manga being animated/playable, as for me the anime look is more familiar and better, but the area design look as both manga and anime and it is shame, that we have not seen it like that in a game yet.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:33 pm

sangofe wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:08 am
The manga style graphics actually look much better I think.
Makes more sense why Goku & Goten's character models are so weirdly designed.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:20 pm

Still no date for the DLC, which is understandable. Too bad a Golden Freeza/SSB DLC will end up coming by the end of the year, if ever.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:57 am

Well, the fact that they haven't released the music pack yet catches my attention. If it' was just a "radio" of sorts, they would have implemented it in less than a week, two weeks maximum.

But the fact that it's taking so much time to just make music tracks available, makes me hope there's indeed a careful placement of them throughout the gameplay sections and cutscenes. This would make a lot of people play all chapters all over again with the extra music and songs as a "revamped", more complete score for the whole game.
But then, it would be nice to know it for sure and have an actual release date, because we don't know if we're supposed to keep playing it and posting videos or "wait for the better version" music-wise.

Of course, we have to hope all those extra songs and music will cause no problem on YouTube, because it would be ridiculous to secure them (just like all video game music) given the numerous streams and videos.
If they do cause problems, we have to hope there's an option to turn the pack off/on to favor streaming and sharing videos (which already requires to transfer the recorded video to a PC and THEN from the PC to a platform like YouTube, how ridiculous to be so protective of something that will easily end up online anyway).

If it's not the case and it's just a "radio", it should be ready to go right now, and even should have been available for weeks.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgyv_DwR1oc&t=0s

Ends with the same teaser, but it also has a page about the DLC, saying that the three DLCs will be two boss episodes, the first episode being Beerus and Whis with SSG (and presumably the second episode will be Golden Frieza and SSB) and the third DLC being a story arc.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:44 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:40 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgyv_DwR1oc&t=0s

Ends with the same teaser, but it also has a page about the DLC, saying that the three DLCs will be two boss episodes, the first episode being Beerus and Whis with SSG (and presumably the second episode will be Golden Frieza and SSB) and the third DLC being a story arc.
So they're adding battle of gods and resurrection f, not dB super?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:47 pm

I hope the fight with Beerus happens on Earth and not on Beerus' planet.

The third DLC might be Broly, following the movies, or they might go for the Black arc (the stages are there). The thing with Broly is that it isn't an arc, is just a fight, a very long fight.
I don't think we'll get the Champa tournament or the ToP because of not seeming like an ideal game for a TB. Also, if we get the Champa tournament and not the ToP it would be sort of weird, the ToP is much better but both involve a lot of new characters and some new forms like Sign and UI. Although I might be wrong and a tournament might be just perfect for this game.

My bet: Goku Burakku.

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:20 pm

sangofe wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:44 pm So they're adding battle of gods and resurrection f, not dB super?
I dunno about Res 'F', but I really don't think they're adding Battle of Gods. Nothing thus far has shown Goku fighting Beerus on Earth.

Both of the first two DLCs have been labeled "original episodes", and with the first one taking place on Beerus' planet, my guess is that they'll be about Goku and Vegeta's training between the films.
Formerly Marlowe89.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:09 am

The Undying wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:20 pm
sangofe wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:44 pm So they're adding battle of gods and resurrection f, not dB super?
I dunno about Res 'F', but I really don't think they're adding Battle of Gods. Nothing thus far has shown Goku fighting Beerus on Earth.

Both of the first two DLCs have been labeled "original episodes", and with the first one taking place on Beerus' planet, my guess is that they'll be about Goku and Vegeta's training between the films.
Oh. Really. So not even Battle of Gods, or F, or Super, but original content?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:27 am

Holy shit I just saw that trailer, does it mean that they are adding BoG arc? I really hope they continue with Super to be honest, especially since they set that up at the end of the game when Goku says something like "I wonder what strong guys are out there in the universe" (hint hint: Beerus, Hit, Zamasu, Jiren, Broly).

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:37 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:09 am
The Undying wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Oh. Really. So not even Battle of Gods, or F, or Super, but original content?
It's more that they seem to be adding BoG and Res F as just boss fights to take on rather than actual missions with cutscenes and quests and such. The story arc DLC we can expect to be something like the arcs we got in the game, just smaller, though whether that'll be original, super or movie based, we don't know. Closest we have is datamining.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:12 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:09 am Oh. Really. So not even Battle of Gods, or F, or Super, but original content?
I think so, but we won't know for sure until it's released. Nobody seems to be translating the magazine ads.

Another interpretation is that this is the game's super short alternate take on Battle of Gods, but that's... less interesting. Goku being on Beerus'/Whis' home turf suggests to me that he's there to train, and we never did see Goku and Vegeta acquiring SSG on their own.
Formerly Marlowe89.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:13 pm

From what we've seen so far, this DLC is not Battle Of Gods. Despite adding characters from this film, it appears to be a training DLC. It will add a new transformation + new scenario (Beerus planet) + new training menu + new skills and attacks + a boss battle against Beerus, but it will not tell the story of the film. That's why it's being called '' Boss Battles episodes ''.

Perhaps in the '' new story arc '' that is in the season pass, they will retell BoG and RoF, but these episodes don't seem to have that goal.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:13 pmPerhaps in the '' new story arc '' that is in the season pass, they will retell BoG and RoF, but these episodes don't seem to have that goal.
I think there's a chance we might get a completely new story, maybe even one supervised by Toriyama. He invented #21 for Fighterz which turned out to be a big hit, so maybe they're going to do it again here.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:53 am

We're getting an online card game now?

Kanassa wrote:

LettuceJUMP
Beyond Newbie

Post by LettuceJUMP » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:52 am

Card game?? Noooooooo
Ehh it’s free content. I’d prefer movie content like garlic or cooler.