I don't know about you guys, but I wanna see Zamasus again...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

I don't know about you guys, but I wanna see Zamasus again...

Post by Psajdak » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:02 pm

Normal one, Black, or Gattai Zamasu, they all were fine, IMO.

While their arc is over, I kinda find it sad that we will never see them again.

Wouldn't mind them returning, and, dunno, become mentors to Trunks, and Mai's super prodigy daughter. :crazy:

I need a drink.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: I don't know about you guys, but I wanna see Zamasus again...

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:11 pm

You shouldn't order him (to be) around, you know.

Just kidding. Anyway, he was among us quite recently. He'll come back yet again sometime, eventually.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:51 am

He's become a very popular character, so I'm sure he'll be back at some point.

I'd like to see how he'll be developed though, it would be interesting to see him ally with the protagonists and maybe even try to redeem himself, like Freeza in the ToP. Maybe he could be forced to become the janitor of Zeno to atone for his crimes, that'd be funny.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:01 am

I really don't like Zamasu. I thought his motivation was a cliche JRPG/anime villain motivation that i've seen a thousand times before, and done better in stuff like Death Note.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:35 am

There's not really much you can do with Zamasu. He's a nihilistic mass-murderer who has committed one of the craziest feats of power seen in the series. If he were to reappear, they would have to dial back the "kill all mortals" motive and have him simply want to settle the score with the Z Senshi for foiling his plan.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:45 am

theherodjl wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:35 am There's not really much you can do with Zamasu. He's a nihilistic mass-murderer who has committed one of the craziest feats of power seen in the series. If he were to reappear, they would have to dial back the "kill all mortals" motive and have him simply want to settle the score with the Z Senshi for foiling his plan.
Which is similar to his behaviour in Heroes. He is willing to put aside his hatred for mortals to ally with Hearts and co. who are mortals, and he is mostly driven by his desire to get revenge on the Z fighters. If I am not mistaken the first line he says in the show is "Damn mortals!", referring to the people who defeated him.

To be honest being a mass-murderer doesn't even make you irredeemable in the DBverse. Vegeta was a mass-murderer who destroyed many planets and he still got forgiven.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:03 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:45 amWhich is similar to his behaviour in Heroes. He is willing to put aside his hatred for mortals to ally with Hearts and co. who are mortals, and he is mostly driven by his desire to get revenge on the Z fighters. If I am not mistaken the first line he says in the show is "Damn mortals!", referring to the people who defeated him.

To be honest being a mass-murderer doesn't even make you irredeemable in the DBverse. Vegeta was a mass-murderer who destroyed many planets and he still got forgiven.
And that was good, it offered character development to Zamasu rather than just being the latest villain who wanted to eliminate life throughout the universe(s). However, I still felt like Zamasu became a bit too trusting of a mortal who promised him revenge. It seems more likely that Zamasu would have had a contingency plan in the inevitable circumstance that he would be betrayed by beings he hates with a passion.

As for mass murder, Zamasu was irredeemable once he began to act upon it. Vegeta was a mass murderer at one point but he did it out of servitude, frustration, and pride about his position, sorta like Darth Vader since he didn't have anything else to really live for. Zamasu on the other hand, wasn't forced or expected to commit genocide but did it because it gave him a depraved satisfaction. Zamasu is like Frollo from Disney in that he believed in righteousness & order but twisted it to his own agenda to justify his hate and the actions that would follow from it. Both characters remained defiant, unrepentant, and fanatical to the bitter end.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:20 am

theherodjl wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:03 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:45 amWhich is similar to his behaviour in Heroes. He is willing to put aside his hatred for mortals to ally with Hearts and co. who are mortals, and he is mostly driven by his desire to get revenge on the Z fighters. If I am not mistaken the first line he says in the show is "Damn mortals!", referring to the people who defeated him.

And that was good, it offered character development to Zamasu rather than just being the latest villain who wanted to eliminate life throughout the universe(s). However, I still felt like Zamasu became a bit too trusting of a mortal who promised him revenge. It seems more likely that Zamasu would have had a contingency plan in the inevitable circumstance that he would be betrayed by beings he hates with a passion.

As for mass murder, Zamasu was irredeemable once he began to act upon it. Vegeta was a mass murderer at one point but he did it out of servitude, frustration, and pride about his position, sorta like Darth Vader since he didn't have anything else to really live for. Zamasu on the other hand, wasn't forced or expected to commit genocide but did it because it gave him a depraved satisfaction. Zamasu is like Frollo from Disney in that he believed in righteousness & order but twisted it to his own agenda to justify his hate and the actions that would follow from it. Both characters remained defiant, unrepentant, and fanatical to the bitter end.
I'm sure he thought his immortality would allow him to resist Hearts in the case he betrayed him. He just underestimated how powerful the "Ultimate Godslayer" had become.

I think aside from pure evil monsters like Buu or Janemba, no one is really irredeemable in DB. Especially when the ToP arc focused so much on Goku's ability to befriend his former enemies and change them. I mean, Freeza, Vegeta, Piccolo, the androids, they were all presented as complete assholes who did not care about anyone, but they ended up becoming allies of the protagonist.

I don't think it's far-fetched to see Zamasu "redeem" himself. Note that I use that word very broadly, I don't mean he will suddenly go back to being a good Kai; but much like Freeza, I think he could potentially set aside his differences and make a truce with the protagonists and become a neutral ally who is both a danger to mortals and also a great asset due to his immortality.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Witty User Name
Banned

Post by Witty User Name » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:22 am

Psajdak wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:02 pm Normal one, Black, or Gattai Zamasu, they all were fine, IMO.

While their arc is over, I kinda find it sad that we will never see them again.

Wouldn't mind them returning, and, dunno, become mentors to Trunks, and Mai's super prodigy daughter. :crazy:

I need a drink.
I personally thought Fused Zamasu was as badass as you could get. :D

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:17 pm

He already got longer arc than he deserved, so no i don't want to see him again. There is nothing more you can do with such character so his return would be just the same thing over and over.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:18 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:17 pm He already got longer arc than he deserved, so no i don't want to see him again. There is nothing more you can do with such character so his return would be just the same thing over and over.
Although his arc was long, he was a bit underdeveloped. I would've liked to see him interact more with mortals and have multiple bad experiences that resulted in his hate for them. 2 mindless creatures being the catalyst for such a character is very underwhelming. With that said, he got his own arc, and that should be it for him and anyone else. I think the best thing the franchise can do is move on from its past.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:21 pm

I'm curious what other villains of the franchise would think of him, and what he would think of the other villains.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:18 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:17 pm He already got longer arc than he deserved, so no i don't want to see him again. There is nothing more you can do with such character so his return would be just the same thing over and over.
Although his arc was long, he was a bit underdeveloped. I would've liked to see him interact more with mortals and have multiple bad experiences that resulted in his hate for them. 2 mindless creatures being the catalyst for such a character is very underwhelming. With that said, he got his own arc, and that should be it for him and anyone else. I think the best thing the franchise can do is move on from its past.
Not the sole catalyst. His defeat at the hands of Goku also played a huge role in showing him how mortals can be a threat to the gods. Future Zamasu never fought Goku and indeed he never became evil until Black persuaded him. Also he had already seen many examples like Planet Babari before going there.

You don't even need to have suffered at the hands of mortals to hate them. Mere observation would be enough to point out the flaws of mortals, especially in the DBverse where even weak people like Yamcha are planetary level. When mortals wield such power, it's natural that Gods, at least smart ones, would start to get a little worried.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:21 pm I'm curious what other villains of the franchise would think of him, and what he would think of the other villains.
Most of the villains were petty and vindictive. Honestly, I think you would have a harder time finding which villains Zamasu wouldn't be immediately inclined to kill -- the list is pretty short.

In my opinion, I believe the only potentially interesting encounters would involve Piccolo (thanks to his connection with a planetary deity), #16 (artificial construct who loved nature), and Buu.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:46 pm

The mystery surrounding Black was more interesting than Zamasu himself. The character is just another "humans are flawed" villain that fiction has produced a thousand times. There's no direction for him to go, it would just be "perish mortals" again.

Witty User Name
Banned

Post by Witty User Name » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:01 am

blacksymbiote wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:46 pm The mystery surrounding Black was more interesting than Zamasu himself. The character is just another "humans are flawed" villain that fiction has produced a thousand times. There's no direction for him to go, it would just be "perish mortals" again.
Yes, he is similar to Thanos in the MCU.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:19 am

I wanna see Zamasu and Black drink tea, talk, dance and then fuck. I really don't think you can get any better than that. Just have them as a nice little C-plot in episodes doing nothing but being self-loving.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:52 am

Bareback Adventures of Black and Zamasu. I'd watch that.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:13 am

They made a mistake killing present Zamasu. He should have been turned to the good side.

I doubt Zamasu would return if I'm being honest...