Rank your favorite Dragon Ball characters tier list

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Rank your favorite Dragon Ball characters tier list

Post by Scientist Fu » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:32 am

I made a template with a lot of characters here https://tierlists.com/create/dragon-ball-universe

This is my tier list ( purely personal of course )

If you have any suggestions please let me know, so I can add more characters.

Edit : I added some other characters and one new row, if you can't see them just press on "reset template" and it will work.
Last edited by Scientist Fu on Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Rank your favorite Dragon Ball characters tier list

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:05 am

Here's mine:

Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:19 am

It's missing Tarble, which I would put him in "enjoyable". All the rest is "nothing in particular" or "I don't care".

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:23 am

I will add Tarble, totally forgot about his existence.

HimuraBenny

Post by HimuraBenny » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:54 am

please add an option for kid/teen gohan. i like kid/teen gohan, dont like adult gohan.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:49 am

I limited mine to characters who appear in the original manga, as that is the material I revisit the most. Everything else is not as fresh in my mind, so I can't rate those characters accurately (with a few exceptions such as Jaco or Beerus, but I left them out anyway).

Some fairly notable characters were missing, such as Shenlong, the Tenkaichi Budokai announcer, Namu, Murasaki, Commander Red, Dr Brief, the Crane Hermit, Tambourine, Mr Popo, Dende, and the Great Elder of Namek.

Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:01 pm

HimuraBenny wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:54 am please add an option for kid/teen gohan. i like kid/teen gohan, dont like adult gohan.
I hesitated a lot about adding the kid version of the same character because if I do it for Gohan I have to do it for all the other characters and I don't want to do that. You can prefer Gohan when he was younger but the character is still Gohan when he grows up. Sowwy ~
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:49 am Some fairly notable characters were missing, such as Shenlong, the Tenkaichi Budokai announcer, Namu, Murasaki, Commander Red, Dr Brief, the Crane Hermit, Tambourine, Mr Popo, Dende, and the Great Elder of Namek.
I will add them, thank you !

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:01 pm

Done. I removed the characters I didn't care about/didn't know much about:

The only things I would add are the various forms of Freeza and Cell to be consistent with the other villains (you have all forms of Buu and Zamasu).

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:41 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:01 pm The only things I would add are the various forms of Freeza and Cell to be consistent with the other villains (you have all forms of Buu and Zamasu).
Sure, I will add them !

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:15 pm

I've tried to keep it in order except for last two sections.

There's still some important characters missing like OG Mai, Shu, Rildo, Giru, Porunga, other shadow dragons, Erasa, Mrs Brief, EoZ/GT Trunks (i count it as different character than Kid Trunks who sucks)

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:28 pm

I also have to mention that I can only add 160 characters so don't mind me if I can't add all of them.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:34 am

Sure, this should be fun...

(The ones I excluded were Freeza's alternate forms, Metal Coola, and the dragon form of Princess Oto/Six-Star Evil Dragon/the water Evil Dragon from GT)

Perhaps I was too harsh on Beers and Whis, but IMO they got stale really fast. I ADORED them in BOG, really liked them in ResF, liked them in the U6 tournament, then they just got... Really stale.
Also, I ranked Mai as if she's the character from the original manga/anime, even though her appearance in her icon is her Super variation.

I will voice these criticisms with your charcter choices, though: I think having both Baby and Baby Vegeta is unnecessary, since they are the same character, just in slightly different forms (IMO, equivalent to having Goku and Super Saiyan Goku as separate characters. Baby didn't incorporate Vegeta into his personality, he was just enslaving his body). Similarly, you have the water Evil Dragon in her Princess Oto form, and in her non-illusory dragon form, when she's the same character (which would be like having Bulma in two different costumes as different characters). You also have Metal Coola, despite him being the same character as Coola, who you also have.
I would also suggest cutting out the multiple forms of Freeza. His personality doesn't change from form-to-form like Cell does, so just have one.

Also, you only have one version of Mai, the one from Super. Despite having the same name and a similar appearance to her counterpart from the original manga and anime run, she is an entirely different character in every other respect, so I would suggest having both versions.
You're also missing Blue-haired Lunch.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:11 am

Ok, done. I removed all Freeza's forms, Oceanus Shenron dragon form, Metal Coola, baby Vegeta and added Mai from DB and blue-haired Lunch.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:02 am

Scientist Fu wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:11 am Ok, done. I removed all Freeza's forms, Oceanus Shenron dragon form, Metal Coola, baby Vegeta and added Mai from DB and blue-haired Lunch.
I personally think you should've removed Baby instead of Baby Vegeta, as the latter is the most recognizable form of him just like Frieza's final form.
And yeah, there is no reason to have two forms of Oceanus as we are not ranking character designs here. Otherwise, all forms of every character should've been included and that would be kinda pointless to have such big list.
Also if you still have some free space you could add Hatchiyack as i don't remember seeing him there.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:58 pm

Yaya ~

I added Hatchiyack, Ranfan, Bora, Upa and Pu-erh.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:49 am

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:49 am I limited mine to characters who appear in the original manga, as that is the material I revisit the most. Everything else is not as fresh in my mind, so I can't rate those characters accurately (with a few exceptions such as Jaco or Beerus, but I left them out anyway).

Some fairly notable characters were missing, such as Shenlong, the Tenkaichi Budokai announcer, Namu, Murasaki, Commander Red, Dr Brief, the Crane Hermit, Tambourine, Mr Popo, Dende, and the Great Elder of Namek.
Updated version with the new additions (thanks!):

Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Here is my list! I'm glad to see some people actually liking Pan here :P
She really didn't do anything wrong and is a good girl at heart.
As for characters that I want to be added, definitely the Grand Priest! He is one of my favorites, but I don't see him here.

I'm mostly a positive person so I try to look at every character with traits I like. Sadly Dyspo didn't have much, especially how inconsistent he was across various episodes, how he has almost no lore. Kid Trunks is just eh.. they never did anything worthwhile with him. I only liked his fight against Goten, and his role in Movie 13 as Tapion's little brother.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Here's mine:
I was never really interested in any of the Heroes stuff or the Z movies so I never checked them out. The only one I watched was the Bojack one.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:49 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:22 pm Here is my list! I'm glad to see some people actually liking Pan here :P
She really didn't do anything wrong and is a good girl at heart.
As for characters that I want to be added, definitely the Grand Priest! He is one of my favorites, but I don't see him here.
I added the Grand Priest ~

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:41 pm

I've updated my list with missing characters and changed order of some characters, like putting Tien higher than he was before as he clearly deserves it. Still not sure why did i put him so low. Probably by mistake.
I've also changed rows a bit as i wanted to make seperate rows for characters i simply don't like and characters i consider awful, as it was unfair for character like Cell and Bulma to be on the same list as Bio-Broly or Zamasu.

Just like before, neutral section is made in random order as i simply don't care for those characters. I don't like them but i also have nothing against them.

The only reason Kale isn't in trash row is because of her manga version which was fine. Her anime version alone would be near the very end of trash row.

Also since this list covers only one version of some character, like Goku, i take my average opinion on them based on all appearances. If it was kid Goku then he would be higher for example. But i also had to take in account DBS Goku or Cell saga Vegeta, so it had a small impact on their position on list.