"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by caire » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:16 am

Furious Anime Man wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:28 am Any leaks so far??? What about the Seven-Three rumor :crazy:
Drafts of the first few pages are expected tomorrow, and then if V-jump is released as normal then we usually get full-chapter leaks around the 17th-19th.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:53 pm

Furious Anime Man wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:28 am Any leaks so far??? What about the Seven-Three rumor :crazy:
Any rumor is more than likely false, as every previous "rumor" turned out to be false. By the way, what rumor is going around about him ?

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:30 pm

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:04 am

batistabus wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:30 pm Draft pages are out: https://dragonball.news/news/n200413000.html
I'm digging Goku's stance in that one panel and I'm getting real tired of Moro blowing up the ground beneath his opponents (where is this "Magic" of his) pretty impressive he withstood UI Goku's Kiai Kiai Punches I feel like this show how much stronger he's become as Goku and Vegeta were training

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:17 am

Looking pretty cool. I always love seeing how UI is handled whenever it appears. Also, I seriously hope Seven-three can't take the power of UI. Hoping it's a little to special for its body to handle, but I can't see why he would still be around as it stands.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:48 am

Sora Saiyan wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:17 am Looking pretty cool. I always love seeing how UI is handled whenever it appears. Also, I seriously hope Seven-three can't take the power of UI. Hoping it's a little to special for its body to handle, but I can't see why he would still be around as it stands.
It'd be interesting to see him try to take it only for it to kill him, like how Yakon blew up after trying to take Ssj2's power from Goku.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:11 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:48 am
Sora Saiyan wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:17 am Looking pretty cool. I always love seeing how UI is handled whenever it appears. Also, I seriously hope Seven-three can't take the power of UI. Hoping it's a little to special for its body to handle, but I can't see why he would still be around as it stands.
It'd be interesting to see him try to take it only for it to kill him, like how Yakon blew up after trying to take Ssj2's power from Goku.
Fingers crossed. The anime went that route with UI before Goku could finish Jiren, so I'm just hoping it does that to him but just very early on.
There's also the possibility of a twist with Seven-three being the big bad here. It would be crazy, but I seriously hope it doesn't happen.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:41 am

My predictions/ideas.
73 steals UI power from goku and give it to moro or moro uses 73 as a diversion to steal UI power or moro just power up to fight complete UI.
I think only vegeta can defeat moro with his new technique/trasformation.

p.s. i'm glad to see a chapter this month. A good thing at least.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:52 am

Gt91 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:41 amp.s. i'm glad to see a chapter this month. A good thing at least.
Same here. Waiting a month is hard enough, 2 would be torture.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:54 am

I don't understand the first page, whose are these spaceships that Shimorekka sees above?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:01 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:54 am I don't understand the first page, whose are these spaceships that Shimorekka sees above?
I'm not sure but maybe galactic patrol ships? Or his allies are running away?

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:38 am

It would have been hilarious if even MUI was too weak for Moro, and Goku showed another transformation.

But what about Vegeta, and the whole Yardrat hype around him?

Toriyama / Toyotaro / Goku: ROFL.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:56 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:54 am I don't understand the first page, whose are these spaceships that Shimorekka sees above?
It's the captured prisoners. All of the prisoners (besides Shimorekka and Seven-Three) have been captured and are now being transported back to the Galactic Patrol Prison. Shimorekka wonders what could have happened down there on Earth. He notices one of the "Saiyans" has returned. Seven-three get curious and lifts his head up to see what is going on down there.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:10 am

Psajdak wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:38 am It would have been hilarious if even MUI was too weak for Moro, and Goku showed another transformation.

But what about Vegeta, and the whole Yardrat hype around him?
I don't think Goku's going to get a new form just as he's starting to master a form that was just introduced.

In terms of Vegeta, who knows at this point. Him showing up after Goku more than likely means he's getting the final fight, it just remains to be seen what he'll have up his sleeve. What little we've seen shows that he's gotten a massive power boost, in base no less.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:10 am I don't think Goku's going to get a new form just as he's starting to master a form that was just introduced.

In terms of Vegeta, who knows at this point. Him showing up after Goku more than likely means he's getting the final fight, it just remains to be seen what he'll have up his sleeve. What little we've seen shows that he's gotten a massive power boost, in base no less.
If there is one thing I have learned during all these years, it is to never underestimate how much Toriyama, Toei, and Toyotaro like the taste of Goku's penis.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:50 pm

Psajdak wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am]If there is one thing I have learned during all these years, it is to never underestimate how much Toriyama, Toei, and Toyotaro like the taste of Goku's penis.
Toyotaro is a massive Vegeta fan, and you can see it in his previous Super arcs. If there's anyone who'll give Vegeta something major, it'll be him.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:47 pm

I would hate it if 73 is able to not only grab the neck of a Goku who should have overcome his “lowering the guard” issues, but is also able to use the technique of the Gods. It shouldn’t be something one can copy that easily, so if 73 really is able to copy Goku’s power then I hope either it dies from Ultra Instinct’s power being too high for his body, or is completely unable to use it.

Unfortunately it really seems like Toyotaro is setting up 73 to be a great threat to Goku and Vegeta, or else why did he keep it alive?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:51 pm

emperior wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:47 pm I would hate it if 73 is able to not only grab the neck of a Goku who should have overcome his “lowering the guard” issues, but is also able to use the technique of the Gods. It shouldn’t be something one can copy that easily, so if 73 really is able to copy Goku’s power then I hope either it dies from Ultra Instinct’s power being too high for his body, or is completely unable to use it.

Unfortunately it really seems like Toyotaro is setting up 73 to be a great threat to Goku and Vegeta, or else why did he keep it alive?
I'm more on board with the theory that Vegeta will be about to get the win, and then 7-3 will steal whatever ability he has instead, resulting in Goku (potentially having triggered MUI?) to get the overall victory. That would be kind of a cheap ending imo, but I think it's plausible. As an aspect of UI seems to be super-quick dodging (because of the 'avoidance of danger' and all that), I can't see UI Sign Goku allowing his neck to be grabbed that easily.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Not much to say about a few pages, but it's a good start to the fight. Moro can eat ki blasts, so using shockwaves is smart in the short-term. Perhaps Goku's strategy is to apply so much pressure that Moro doesn't have the opportunity to absorb energy. Even if Moro can absorb ki passively, we don't know if he can do it while being hit.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:42 pm

caire wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:51 pmI'm more on board with the theory that Vegeta will be about to get the win, and then 7-3 will steal whatever ability he has instead, resulting in Goku to get the overall victory.
I think the main weight of the fight and victory will be on Vegeta, but Goku will without a doubt play a role in it as well. Buu and Merus will probably get involved as well. I just can't see them pulling another RF where Vegeta's about to get the kill only for Goku to take it. If Goku's to get it, we'll know very early on, it won't be a last minute surprise.