The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Nobody gave me their perspective on Red Ribbon Goku. I'm tryna have a discussion here guys.
Caulifla best girl! :)

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:15 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:57 pm Here's a very dark timeline for our protagonist:

What If Goku was found and raised by the Red Ribbon Army? What type of dark path would he take?
If he never hit his head, Goku would maintain his aggressive personality and would be subsceptible to the influence & actions of the RRA. He would steadily grow stronger under missions & training and be the top warrior among the ranks by the time he was a teenager.
Its once the RRA would seek the DBs that the fighters of Earth would need to band together to stop the coming conquest. Unfortunately, with Tsuru Sennin, Taopaipai, Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Yamcha(hired as a mercenary to find the DBs), Pilaf, Shu, & Mai(they never succeeded on their own and decided to aid the RRA), and General Orange(AKA Goku raised by the RRA), the RRA would have enough powerful members that the small alliance of Roshi, Krillin, Son Gohan, and Gyumao would struggle & fail to prevent them from conquering the world.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:47 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:20 pm What if the Nameless Namek was sent to Planet Sadala?
The Nameless Namekian would have never split to become the Guardian of Earth. He probably would have stopped the evil saiyans from taking over the planet and destroying it. The universe would probably look a lot like Universe 6. King Cold would need to be two faced and manipulative like Frost with people as strong as the namekian and good saiyans in the universe.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Vegetes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:05 am What if Tien remained a relevant character past Dragon Ball, he still is a total Ki Genius and can copy any technique from seeing it once, and his overall potential is on the level of Vegeta or Goku. He spends literally all his time training so he should be a pretty powerful presence even without zenkais.
I don't think Tien's body would be able to handle copying techniques like Kaio Ken or Super Saiyan. He might be a little stronger if he learns Instant Transmission and uses it to train with King Kai. He might be a little more useful in the tournament of power too, but he would still hit his ceiling after the cell saga unfortunately.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:57 pm Here's a very dark timeline for our protagonist:

What If Goku was found and raised by the Red Ribbon Army? What type of dark path would he take?
Pilaf would rule the world until Goku kills him lol.

Goku would demolish that army when he turns into Oozaru. I don't think the generals, android 8, or tao would be enough to stop him. If Goku didn't hit his head, he would have taken over the world without hesitation. I'd imagine he'd have his tail and be severely lacking in martial arts skills by the time Raditz showed up. He might end up dying on that really difficult mission Vegeta wanted him for.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:54 pm

"What-if they had kept the resurrection wishes limit to only 2 times?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:16 am

April Fools What If:

What If Freeza Turned Good? (When? When the hell ever, you guys decide! It's April Fool's)

(A scenario that would be virtually impossible if we took this seriously, but since it's April 1st, let's get a little bit crazy!)
Caulifla best girl! :)

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:17 pm

Peach wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:25 pm
Vegetes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:05 am What if Tien remained a relevant character past Dragon Ball, he still is a total Ki Genius and can copy any technique from seeing it once, and his overall potential is on the level of Vegeta or Goku. He spends literally all his time training so he should be a pretty powerful presence even without zenkais.
I don't think Tien's body would be able to handle copying techniques like Kaio Ken or Super Saiyan. He might be a little stronger if he learns Instant Transmission and uses it to train with King Kai. He might be a little more useful in the tournament of power too, but he would still hit his ceiling after the cell saga unfortunately.
I think he should at least be capable of using Kaioken, by the Cell saga he was at the very least on par with Pre-super saiyan Namek Goku, if not far surpassing, I imagine a Kaioken x20 Shin Kikoho from a stronger Tien would be able to very serious damage Cell, although the attack would probably end his life. As for Super Saiyan that's a saiyan specific thing he couldn't get regardless.

One thing I realized that I didn't think about when I made the post is that if you consider Ultra Instinct a technique then Tien would be able to copy it and use it at will before Goku, of course he wouldn't be capable of handling it but I could see it being interesting for him to spend his time training with the goal of figuring out how to withstand it. If we're going by the Manga where Goku knows Hakai, we could see a Tien who straight up erases opponents.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:06 pm

What if Mr. Satan was introduced in Part 1 Dragonball, say during the 21st Budokai (he gets eliminated in the qualifying matches). If he continues to be a regular character, how would things change?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:18 am

What if when Son Goku had asked Shenron to revive Bora, Son Goku had specifically asked Shenron to bring back all of the good people Mercenary Tao had killed?

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:27 pm

What if EVERYONE could get zenkais. It's an inherent property of Ki and all those with a power level above normal gains it. I think this is an interesting scenario because we can see stuff like Piccolo and the Humans remaining powerful all the way through Z and even Super potentially, but even more interesting is that Villains also gain zenkais, and we could see scenarios like Goku not killing Frieza makes him that much more powerful combined with his huge potential, and he gives Trunks a good fight if not outright destroying him. Vegeta sacrificing himself could make Buu massively more powerful, the list goes on.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:45 pm

What if Whis had worn the Monaka costume to spar with Goku instead of Beerus?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:10 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:06 pm What if Mr. Satan was introduced in Part 1 Dragonball, say during the 21st Budokai (he gets eliminated in the qualifying matches). If he continues to be a regular character, how would things change?
I think he'd end up like Oolong and Yajirobi. Just one of the pals. :P

It would be kind of sweet to see Gohan and Videl as childhood friends. I suppose he wouldn't take credit for Cell either.
Vegetes wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:27 pm What if EVERYONE could get zenkais. It's an inherent property of Ki and all those with a power level above normal gains it. I think this is an interesting scenario because we can see stuff like Piccolo and the Humans remaining powerful all the way through Z and even Super potentially, but even more interesting is that Villains also gain zenkais, and we could see scenarios like Goku not killing Frieza makes him that much more powerful combined with his huge potential, and he gives Trunks a good fight if not outright destroying him. Vegeta sacrificing himself could make Buu massively more powerful, the list goes on.
- Tao would have gotten a really substantial one after Goku kicked a grenade back at him

- Yamcha would get one after his fight with Tien in the 22nd World Tournament

- Tien would get one after his fight with Goku in the 22nd World Tournament

- Tien would get one after his fight with King Piccolo

- Cyborg Tao would have gotten one after his fight with Tien

- Piccolo would get a nice boost after the 23rd World Tournament

I think Piccolo would be slightly stronger than Goku by the time Raditz arrives. Tao would be just under Goku and Tien too

- Krillin would get one after the Saiyan saga, which would help a lot on Namek. They might do a lot better against the Ginyu Force

- If Tien or Yamcha survived the Saiyan saga, they would get their potential unlocked on Namek as well. Which again is useful against the Ginyu Force.

- Piccolo's fusion with Nail would be a little stronger. Not enough to take on Frieza but definitely enough to weaken his stamina a little more

- Piccolo would get a nice boost after the Frieza saga

- Yamcha would get one after Dr. Gero pierces his heart

- Tien and Piccolo would get one after fighting 17.

- Piccolo may be just strong enough to defeat Android 17. Which would mean Goku never gets Super Saiyan 3 or the fusion dance, Gohan never gets Super Saiyan 2, and Vegeta never becomes Majin Vegeta.

Zenkai boosts ultimately wouldn't matter after Super Saiyan. The humans would still hit their ceiling and be semi retired.

The only things i think would change would be Goku and Vegeta would be friends sooner and Vegito would fight Broly instead of Gogeta.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:44 pm

What if Cell and Freeza reincarnated on Earth like Buu.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:59 pm

What if Roshi knew about the fusion dance during the early days of Dragon Ball.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:41 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:59 pm What if Roshi knew about the fusion dance during the early days of Dragon Ball.
Wouldn't be used in tournaments because of fair play and running out of time.

Kid kuririn is killed before goku could fuse with him.
Not sure if Ten and Yam could do it with Yamchas broken leg.

Really before Kami, or perhaps before Korin do they even have enough Ki control to lower their powers to match each other before fusion?

I guess Yamhan would be ready to trounce Piccolo at the 23rd but wouldn't need to.

If they had adequate Ki control Tenku or Yamhan or Yamku would fuck up Raditz shit.
Piccolo still asks to team up if he hasn't seen the fusion.
While they wouldn't want to avenge Raditz they might want to punish traitor Goku.
Even with only earth training and a weaker base Fused Goku would be stronger than KKx4 Goku and no one else dies.

Nappa can be beaten by Goku and Piccolo working together Raditz style without fusion.

Gohan probably hasn't got trained/not as much.

A fusion can beat Vegeta.

What's interesting is if Goku or the fused Goku lets Vegeta and possibly Nappa go, if they beat them easily he'd both want to beat them on his own power and it wouldn't even be as selfish and risky as in canon as they beat them safely and would continue to do so.

Piccolo is no longer a demon but without Gohans friendship he might not become good. Perhaps training for the saiyans, and possibly for a rematch might keep him in there orbit, even training with them.

Maaaybe at a stretch we see a Piccolo Kami fusion. He's sickened by the idea of fusing with Kami but if he knows it's only for thirty minutes he might be tempted? Probably not unless it's life and death vs Freeza.

If no one has died no one has mentioned the Dragonballs so Freeza doesn't go off to Namek.

How Freeza reacts to Vegeta leaving his mission for revenge and losing a third of his squad is up in the air.

If they wanted a fourth for this tough planet and didn't get him and lost another guy can Vegeta even do it? is the mission failed? Does Freeza get mad about that?

Guru dies but presumably passes on eldership and ball ownership to someone else as they've never been threatened.

I don't think Vegeta and Nappa would have the freedom from Freeza to keep getting zenkais and trying over and over again.
Regardless their regular training would give huge multiplicative benefits to the fusion keeping them ahead.
And if they did start to catch up they'd eventually get put down.

Does Freeza get angry at the existence of a saiyan stronger than Vegeta who killed one of his troops and delayed a mission? Maaaybe?
Does fusion get reported back specifically and is that of interest to Freeza? he has no one else, but he might fear it's potential like he fears the super saiyan...

Yardat is probably eventually wiped out if he doesn't send the ginyus to earth instead which would cause problems in the moro era if the cast surives that long.

If they don't get embroiled in Freeza army shit they live peacefully untill the androids. But perhaps aren't training as feircly. However none of them have quit martial arts, Kuririn and Yamcha are still keen, the former not having a wife and family to distract him, Yamchas not as disheartened and they feel useful at least in the potential as fusees.

They still train quite a lot, when the androids come it'd be interesting.

They probably busted out Fusion at the latest at the Vegeta fight which means Gero would have seen it. But can he read powerlevels?

As for the androids it depends on how much they train.

If some of them die perhaps at least more than Gohan can escape. If we have at least one fuseable pair escape, Gohan/Yamcha Yamcha/Ten Chaozu/Kuririn they have a serious chance to win even without Goku and Vegeta.

If Gohan is alive he might have found super saiyan on his own through training hard and perhaps losing a comrade to the androids.

If there is a supersaiyan fusion the androids are toast.

Gohan might not be willing to run off and die with no Trunks to replace him either.

Gohan and a Fusion or a Gohan Fusion or a just a fusion could probably beat the androids especially with training.

If the androids are beaten before the time machine is finished does she bother? She wanted a world with Goku to exist but maybe she's not *as* motivated now. Perhaps Goku never got the virus from the butterfly effect, I know he didn't get it from space but yeah...

Anyone they send back would be recognised but either way with Goku saved and fusion whatever androids are toast. If it's 19 and 20 they might even get destroyed going back to the lab.

If Freeza and Cold never made it to earth Cell probably doesn't exist, or is at least weaker and doesn't pull and nucleous shit.

Either way imperfect Cell is pretty doomed. Unless 18 and 17 were never activated and are easy pickings...

Either way any SS fusion can beat perfect Cell still.

Future time Cell is beaten, may have no time machine to steal.

Buu saga is where it gets interesting. I guess Fusion and Super saiyan 1 will beat Dabra unless he gets really luck with stone spit...
This is the same for both timelines. No Vegeta to let Buu hatch. No Z sword use, no mystic. Unless Kaioshin lets them try the sword to satisfy his own curiosity.

Beerus is placated by food, with no Buu to fuck up the pudding and perhaps a mediocre fight from a fused ss1.

Zamasu never watches the U6 Tourny and if it does take place U7 get owned and don't use God ki as they aren't allowed to fuse either Zamasu doesn't lose his shit.

Freeza never trains.

Moro wrecks the universe.

Hearts probably never escapes because Fuu never travels back and does his prison planet shit because Towa never sends him away because they aren't losing the demon realm fight.

Towa and Mira probably beef with him when they wanna expand the demon realm, perhaps they don't try as they are too weak. If they don't try Demigra can't piggy back on their plan and escape.

Zeno destroys the crappy universes eventually including both timelines U7, unless Hearts or the demons pull some shit and take over before that.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:59 am

What if Paragus had twins, one of which was Broly from Super, and the other being Broly from the Z Movies.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:21 pm

Vegetes wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:59 am What if Paragus had twins, one of which was Broly from Super, and the other being Broly from the Z Movies.
Paragus wouldn't have enough materials to make two electric shock collars. One of the children, as well as Paragus, would end up dead. While the surviving child swallows up the planet with his limitlessly increasing power.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:56 pm

Peach wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:21 pm
Vegetes wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:59 am What if Paragus had twins, one of which was Broly from Super, and the other being Broly from the Z Movies.
Paragus wouldn't have enough materials to make two electric shock collars. One of the children, as well as Paragus, would end up dead. While the surviving child swallows up the planet with his limitlessly increasing power.
Is there any dialogue I'm forgetting to suggest he couldn't make another shock collar, I mean resources were obviously extremely slim, but I assume he made it from his ships parts and it seemed large enough to at least create two.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:12 am

What if Monaka was actually strong? And everything Beerus lies about? Let’s say for arguments sake. He was ToP ssjbkkx20 level or Ssj2 Kefla level in his first appearance back in U6 Tournament. How would change events?

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Tue May 05, 2020 3:12 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:12 am What if Monaka was actually strong? And everything Beerus lies about? Let’s say for arguments sake. He was ToP ssjbkkx20 level or Ssj2 Kefla level in his first appearance back in U6 Tournament. How would change events?
Hit actually does get destroyed, I'm assuming he doesn't show up during the Goku Black arc, things really change during the TOP, Monaka would be extremely useful, let's say Beerus uses him in Tiens place because Tiens a weaker and less useful member and Beerus would add him to the team before Buu would go to sleep. He would definitely be able to be a pretty big help for U7. He would still be nothing to Jiren, but he could take down weaker universes with relative ease, more U7 members potentially survive by the end meaning the wish could be used by someone more selfish, but most everyone would wish back all the universes.