"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lionel » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:02 pm

Good for the continuation of Goku's journey. Here the climax of the arc is and hopefully it doesn't disappoint. So far the draft content hasn't looked all too impressive, though. Moro looks to be degenerating into a traditional muscle-bound powerhouse the younger he becomes, albeit with the gestures and prioritisation of projectiles over pure physical might.

I'm hardly an enthusiast of UI Goku. What interests me right now are what Vegeta's role will be in this battle along with what Toyotaro has in mind for 7-3 and Shimorekka.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:37 pm

batistabus wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:31 pm Not much to say about a few pages, but it's a good start to the fight. Moro can eat ki blasts, so using shockwaves is smart in the short-term. Perhaps Goku's strategy is to apply so much pressure that Moro doesn't have the opportunity to absorb energy. Even if Moro can absorb ki passively, we don't know if he can do it while being hit.
He can remember he was doing it against his fight with Vegeta on New Namek (During their fight Vegeta was losing energy that's why he couldn't maintain SSB Evolution)

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:49 pm

Am I the only one wondering how The Z-Fighters are able to detect or sometimes see Goku when he's in UI ? (His ki is readable and they're barely able to see him)

I thought this state was using God Ki is it not?

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:35 am

Volume 12 sales numbers for Week n.2 : 66,227 copies sold.
https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/obc/w/2020-04-20/p/3/

In total ( for the first 2 weeks ) = 146,305 copies sold

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:03 am

Liquir wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:35 am Volume 12 sales numbers for Week n.2 : 66,227 copies sold.

I think sales are much lower than usual for this volume, aren’t they?

Also do you know if there’s a comprehensive list with the total number of sales across all volumes of Super, maybe including overseas sales as well?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:24 am

emperior wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:03 am
Liquir wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:35 am Volume 12 sales numbers for Week n.2 : 66,227 copies sold.

I think sales are much lower than usual for this volume, aren’t they?

Also do you know if there’s a comprehensive list with the total number of sales across all volumes of Super, maybe including overseas sales as well?
It's below average. It used to sell the total of the 2 weeks for this volume in the first week alone for most of the previous volumes, as you can see from some posts back where someone posted the sales numbers for the first week of all the volumes so far.
The most comparable to with recent volumes is with volume 10, which sold 90,557 for first week and 71,749 copies for the second week. So around 20k less then than that volume.

CortoMaltese

Post by CortoMaltese » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:39 am

That's insane, the drop is impressive for several Mangas !!!!
SNK : 30 VS 31 on first week =
587 230 (30) 378 498 (31).

OP = 95 VS 96 for two weeks =
1.452.119 (95) 1.433.765 (96)
That's a big drop, because it's 9 days Versus 10 days !

DBS : 11 VS 12 for two weeks =
164 430 (11) 146 305 (12).
But it's 12 days (11), versus 10 days (12), so the drop isn't that bad after all...

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:42 am

What is “God ki”? It’s the perfect mastery of yourself and your own ki specifically. Guess what Ultra Instinct is??? This shouldn’t even be a question guys. Hair like SSJ God. Eyes like SSJ God, an AURA like SSJ God (the light balls in it) and even beyond and more Godly. It combines Angelic aswell as GODLY Fused Zamasu’s silver colored ki aura, a God of Destruction’s purple colored ki in it, and some nice godly blue here and there. It’s the most Divine God Form Goku or Vegeta has ever had. Silver Haired, Completed Ultra Instinct! Both defensive, and offensive. No longer a Mortal.. But the ability to live for MILLIONS of years! Goku will no longer age. And so won’t Vegeta, after his Spirit Control training is complete. No more wasting life energy just by existing like all mortals do. Being in full control over your own life from now on.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:17 am

Leaks are starting to roll in this morning, so in case it wasn't clear by the draft pages, look forward to the regularly scheduled release.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:53 am

Why don’t they leak the whole chapter anymore? They’ve only been releasing a couple of images these last few months. This tells me that whoever that leaker is must be controlled opposition. I don’t like it. They might aswell leak the whole thing on there and stop teasing us. It’s untranslated so it’s low quality so it doesn’t matter.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:03 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:53 am Why don’t they leak the whole chapter anymore? They’ve only been releasing a couple of images these last few months. This tells me that whoever that leaker is must be controlled opposition. I don’t like it. They might aswell leak the whole thing on there and stop teasing us. It’s untranslated so it’s low quality so it doesn’t matter.
There's very strict copyright laws in Japan now, so whoever's leaking it probably doesn't want to get in trouble.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:51 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:53 am Why don’t they leak the whole chapter anymore? They’ve only been releasing a couple of images these last few months. This tells me that whoever that leaker is must be controlled opposition. I don’t like it. They might aswell leak the whole thing on there and stop teasing us. It’s untranslated so it’s low quality so it doesn’t matter.
This is such a bizarre and quite frankly ignorant take.

"Leaks" of chapters in the past have spanned organized crime actually stealing copies of magazines pre-release, to smaller groups of individuals convincing local stores to provide them with copies pre-release, to these smaller groups then selling scans of stolen copies to general internet "personalities" or website/social account owners, and so on and so forth.

It's all illegal, none of it benefits the creators, and quite frankly, none of it benefits you. (I say this as generally very much the opposite of a corporate apologist.)

The "it's untranslated so it doesn't affect anything" end take there is BONKERS. The intended audience for the Japanese text is... the Japanese public. It may not be helpful to you, but it's harmful to them.

It's actually fascinating how much Shueisha has adapted and changed the narrative. Chapters used to be eons behind, eventually two weeks behind, eventually day and date, and now DATE AND TIME ZONE. Not only that, but with Super specifically, they're combating "leaks" by actually providing behind-the-scenes drafts days before the anticipated "leaks".

Gotta give credit where credit is due, and just read the damn official, professional, legitimate translation in your own language for free before most of Japan is awake and has to go down to the store and pay money for it!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:11 pm

It seems like Vegeta still won't be appearing, so I really hopr tnat Toyotaro won't disappoint me when he gets involved.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 pm

A lot of readers (and fans) are super salty about the fact that Goku is getting hit by Moro while in Ultra Instinct there is no way Moro isn't above Beerus (Beerus has yet to show off his 100% and if we get to that rematch what's the point of Bringing out UI if it's portrayed like any other recent God form) It's supposed be untouchable and Goku trained for months with Merus there's not an excuse for this level of writing or bs

If Vegeta comes back with a form greater and more efficient than UI I'll be shocked

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:06 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 pm A lot of readers (and fans) are super salty about the fact that Goku is getting hit by Moro while in Ultra Instinct there is no way Moro isn't above Beerus (Beerus has yet to show off his 100% and if we get to that rematch what's the point of Bringing out UI if it's portrayed like any other recent God form) It's supposed be untouchable and Goku trained for months with Merus there's not an excuse for this level of writing or bs

If Vegeta comes back with a form greater and more efficient than UI I'll be shocked
Moro spent 2 whole months just absorbing energy from planets to strengthen himself (not to mention the fact that he previously restored all his magic power with the DBs and absorbed the power of MSSB Goku and Vegeta twice). It would be strange if he wasn't at least Omen Goku level

And in both manga and anime it was shown that the UI's auto dodge can be overcome with raw power, and apparently Moro has a power level at least equal to that of UI Omen Goku (and he's suppressed)

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:01 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:11 pmIt seems like Vegeta still won't be appearing, so I really hopr tnat Toyotaro won't disappoint me when he gets involved.
Same here, especially with all the build up.
Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 pmIf Vegeta comes back with a form greater and more efficient than UI I'll be shocked
He doesn't need a new form, he needs a technique that can stop Moro's absorption technique. Once that's out of the way, a fully powered up SsjB could probably take him down. There'll be no need for UI or anything stronger.
Last edited by Matches Malone on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:22 am

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:27 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:01 am
Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:11 pmIt seems like Vegeta still won't be appearing, so I really hopr tnat Toyotaro won't disappoint me when he gets involved.
There are more leaks, and without any spoilers, it's Vegeta's time to shine. :mrgreen:
Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 pmIf Vegeta comes back with a form greater and more efficient than UI I'll be shocked
He doesn't need a new form, he needs a technique that can stop Moro's absorption technique. Once that's out of the way, a fully powered up SsjB could probably take him down. There'll be no need for UI or anything stronger.
Dude...you're telling me things I already know I'm just tryna shake things up cause the end seems a little too obvious and a new form for Vegeta would be cool

Vegeta will probably get an opposite absorption technique that'll drain Moro's energy

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:46 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:27 amA new form for Vegeta would be cool.
I don't think we're likely to see any new forms this arc, as it seems like Vegeta's training is heavily focused on techniques rather than evolving power wise.
Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:22 am
It was going to be him or Vegeta, I figure it might as well be him. Now let's hope Vegeta doesn't pull a RF and get himself killed in the last minute.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:49 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:46 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:27 amA new form for Vegeta would be cool.
I don't think we're likely to see any new forms this arc, as it seems like Vegeta's training is heavily focused on techniques rather than evolving power wise.
Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:22 am
It was going to be him or Vegeta, I figure it might as well be him. Now let's hope Vegeta doesn't pull a RF and get himself killed in the last minute.