Manga UI Omen Goku is very impressive. While Moro was very unimpressive

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Manga UI Omen Goku is very impressive. While Moro was very unimpressive

Post by Peach » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:44 pm

Miracles wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:40 pm
Peach wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:43 pm What are you talking about?
You posing the question to me?
The OP. I have no idea what this thread is about.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:08 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:21 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:08 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:54 am
Maybe my expectations were too high? I literally believed Moro would be “terrifyingly more superior” to UIO Goku before this chapter came out.
Moro couldn't start the fight being like MUI level. That way, he would have easily destroyed Goku. Anyway, we don't know if he is in fact using his maximum power, and he seems confident to continue facing UI Omen Goku.
GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:05 pm
He didn’t. He merely squeezed him to death nearly. That’s why Goku lost the form.

And to someone else here earlier in the thread: For the Manga, the same obvious rule still applies. Ultra Instinct Omen is very ineffective OFFENSIVELY. Why do you think he never even “hurt” Moro once, during this fight? Yes, he did push back, yes he did “some” damage. But he will never be able to knock Moro out, or outright KILL Moro, without the full Ultra Instinct’s power. That’s a fact. It’s just not good for “getting the job done”. It’s only effective for saving your own ass and getting out of danger.

Also, it’s very likely that Moro will absorb even more planets and lifeforms in the future. So he will likely get even stronger!

But we’ll see.
We cannot apply all the anime rules to the manga, considering all the differences that these two media have (in terms of transformations, concepts and even character backstory). And in the manga, UI Omen was never said to be inefficient offensively. When Merus talks about Omen's weaknesses with Whis, he never says that the offensive is weak or anything, just that it is a form that uses a lot of energy.

Moro manages to tank all these attacks simply because he is very strong and durable. Even with so many direct attacks received, he has no visible damage and even laughed even though he was supposedly at a disadvantage
Yes, we can. Do you need them to spell it out for you? I thought the assumption was beyond obvious. UI Omen is NOT the form’s “full power”. That’s why it’s called “Sign”. That’s why it’s incomplete. And that’s why Goku gets stronger with the silver haired version. And how he’s able to hit, punch, and strike his opponents HARDER with that state. This is like having to explain how SSJ2 is superior to SSJ1. It’s self explanatory.
I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. It is obvious that the Silver Haired Ultra Instinct is much stronger than the Omen version. What I'm saying is that the manga never addressed the fact that Goku's physical attacks in the Omen form are ineffective or weak. The strength of his attacks is comparable to the power he has using UI Omen, this is how it always happened in DB.

So, Moro is resisting Goku's attacks simply because he is strong enough for that, not because somehow UI Omen is ineffective offensively.
Hugo Boss wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:13 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:51 am he made UI Omen Goku return to his normal state using only brute force.
I thought he borrowed Pikachu’s move.
After the image posted here, it really looks like that was the case. Anyway I still consider it an impressive feat considering that he made Goku return to base form easily

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:54 am

Peach wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:44 pm
Miracles wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:40 pm
Peach wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:43 pm What are you talking about?
You posing the question to me?
The OP. I have no idea what this thread is about.
The OP is saying he doesn't think Moro was impressive while fighting UI Omen Goku.
Rather he thinks Omen Goku was something to write home to mom about.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:25 pm

I honestly thought Moro was quite impressive. We already know what Omen is capable of, so Moro being able to fight at that level, DESPITE NOT HAVING the technique, is very impressive! Granted, he was using tricks and magic to get the upper hand, he IS outclassed in speed and skill, but those abilities give him an edge - a luxury that, say, Jiren didn't have.