"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:52 am

Did the dlc bring any new trophies?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon May 04, 2020 12:47 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:52 am Did the dlc bring any new trophies?
Doesn't look like it on the achievements list.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Well, if the leak turns out to be true, it'll be kinda disappointing. You know, for a game such as this one not featuring the past of the titled character is an odd choice, to say the least. I can only hope there'll be another bonus content to the story.

Not everything is lost, though. They could cover the entire Trunks' story, and by it I mean what I said here, not just Cell saga or his TV Special. It would be the ideal and the interesting thing to do. So that's at least something to look forward to.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue May 05, 2020 12:13 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:00 pm Well, if the leak turns out to be true, it'll be kinda disappointing. You know, for a game such as this one not featuring the past of the titled character is an odd choice, to say the least.
It might be the Black arc.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:26 pm

I really hope its the original TV special instead.

Odd to use "Hope" with the Black arc considering everything gets erased. Not much hope there.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 05, 2020 1:17 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:13 pmIt might be the Black arc.
Hopefully not. I'd prefer they give us the whole pack. But in the event that's the case, then at least put Majin Buu saga in it too. Would like to see and know more about Trunks dealing with Babidi and Dabura and changing the ending of Future Trunks saga to something better. Depicting Trunks becoming Time Patroller would be enough.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue May 05, 2020 2:01 pm

If the DLC was only about the past of Trunks I doubt it would have much appeal. If their goal is to sell as much as possible, then they should make Super’s Future Trunks arc.

I hope the datamined younger Trunks is just a leftover from production, cause it would be lame to have 17 and 18 as the DLCs villains.

Also considering how DLC2 will 90% be about Goku and Vegeta achieving Super Saiyan Blue, then Goku Black and Zamasu would be great opponents
for the new forms.

But, honestly, I still have an hunch that the DLC will be about Mira and Towa.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue May 05, 2020 3:11 pm

emperior wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:01 pmAlso considering how DLC2 will 90% be about Goku and Vegeta achieving Super Saiyan Blue, then Goku Black and Zamasu would be great opponents.
It wouldn't make much sense to have 2 dlcs that give Goku and Vegeta new forms, only for the story arc that follows to not include them.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue May 05, 2020 3:33 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:11 pm
emperior wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:01 pmAlso considering how DLC2 will 90% be about Goku and Vegeta achieving Super Saiyan Blue, then Goku Black and Zamasu would be great opponents.
It wouldn't make much sense to have 2 dlcs that give Goku and Vegeta new forms, only for the story arc that follows to not include them.
Yeah. I am quite sure that if it’s not Goku Black arc and Trunks is involved then it’s something about the Time Patrol.

I still hope it will be about Super’s Broly because I think ending the game with Goku saying “I am Son Goku or Kakarot” would be perfect.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue May 05, 2020 3:56 pm

emperior wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:33 pmI still hope it will be about Super’s Broly because I think ending the game with Goku saying “I am Son Goku or Kakarot” would be perfect.
I don't think this one's about Broly, but he and other movies villains have files in the game, so probably in a potential 2nd season pass.

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Tue May 05, 2020 6:01 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:26 pm Odd to use "Hope" with the Black arc considering everything gets erased. Not much hope there.
They used "Hope!!" twice for Super's episode titles, twice again for the manga's chapter titles, and the phrase is used so frequently throughout the Black arc that it's practically a slogan. It's a theme.

History of Trunks doesn't have enough material for a full story arc. It's also not something you can "expand" on its own without padding everything to death.

I'm not really enthused by either of these ideas, but I'm willing to give it a shot when it's released.
Formerly Marlowe89.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:10 pm

The Undying wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:01 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:26 pm Odd to use "Hope" with the Black arc considering everything gets erased. Not much hope there.
They used "Hope!!" twice for Super's episode titles, twice again for the manga's chapter titles, and the phrase is used so frequently throughout the Black arc that it's practically a slogan. It's a theme.

History of Trunks doesn't have enough material for a full story arc. It's also not something you can "expand" on its own without padding everything to death.

I'm not really enthused by either of these ideas, but I'm willing to give it a shot when it's released.
I understand the significance,, but when the arc ends pretty hopelessly, and Trunks being relegated to basically live with a clone of himself, "hope" doesnt really hold up save for that short scene of Gohan showing up and saying goodbye to Trunks.

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Tue May 05, 2020 8:13 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:10 pm I understand the significance,, but when the arc ends pretty hopelessly, and Trunks being relegated to basically live with a clone of himself, "hope" doesnt really hold up save for that short scene of Gohan showing up and saying goodbye to Trunks.
Trunks and Mai remaining hopeful in the face of a hopeless situation was kind of the point. My point, however, is that it's not something I would consider out of place for a (hypothetical) Black arc DLC title. As a theme, it was arguably incorporated more heavily there than in the Android/Cell arc.

We'll see what they do. The lead producer confirmed the third part's length to be equivalent to one of the four stories in the main game, so that's already a lot of ground to cover.
Formerly Marlowe89.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 05, 2020 9:20 pm

The whole point of Hope is that it's a light to follow in the worst situations, a tragic ending is the most appropriate place to cling to hope because that's when you need it.
emperior wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:01 pm If the DLC was only about the past of Trunks I doubt it would have much appeal. If their goal is to sell as much as possible, then they should make Super’s Future Trunks arc.

I hope the datamined younger Trunks is just a leftover from production, cause it would be lame to have 17 and 18 as the DLCs villains.

Also considering how DLC2 will 90% be about Goku and Vegeta achieving Super Saiyan Blue, then Goku Black and Zamasu would be great opponents
for the new forms.

But, honestly, I still have an hunch that the DLC will be about Mira and Towa.
Yeah, History of Trunks makes little sense as DLC. It has very little to actually use as new content, at best you'd get a destroyed city level and Trunks and Gohan with different models fighting bosses we've already defeated. It doesn't involve Goku or Vegeta who the first two DLCs seemed to be geared towards levelling up for the story arc DLC. Younger Trunks, if it is the Black arc, could be used for a flashback sequence or something.

Though, it's also possible for this to be Time Patroller related since Mir and Towa are in the game already. Didn't we have mentions fo Broly and Pikkon in the game files too? Time Patrol shenanigans would make their possible inclusion easy to reason.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue May 05, 2020 9:37 pm

Kanassa wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:20 pm Didn't we have mentions fo Broly and Pikkon in the game files too? Time Patrol shenanigans would make their possible inclusion easy to reason.
Them, Garlic JR, Cooler, and I think Baby as well.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 08, 2020 12:17 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:11 pm Not including Videl was probably the easiest way to go since this DLC tries to shorten (or avoid) the story as much as possible, just showing you what is strictly essential.

They probably didn't want players to see the ritual slideshow with the text quickly mentionning, as if it was nothing, "and they included Videl because - by the way - she's pregnant with another Saiyan thanks to Gohan, but anyway, back to business with the fight now that you're transformed".

Gohan being a father is probably going to be brought up only in the new story arc and not before that.

Meanwhile, they likely had to hurry like crazy to come up with this DLC so soon, leading to:

- a glitch where the whole cutscene of Vegeta serving dinner to Beerus didn't show any of the characters when I played this quest.

- the French version having a wrongly input text that doesn't read the various abilities as "End of O level 1 learned" or "End of X level 1 learned" but as "End of <inputicon KeyConfigId="Battle_Combo1"/> level 1 learned" or "End of <inputicon KeyConfigId="Battle_Combo2"/> level 1 learned" for all four abilities like that and their various levels.

It is obvious that it took a lot of efforts and that they barely managed to put this DLC together in time, not even being able to check that the text was all okay in the various languages.
Meaning that it takes a lot of time to do things in this game and you can't ask too much from the developers, since what we have is already something that was patched up in a panic due to the incredible amount of work it takes to even come up with that in a whole three months! When even the fact of replacing music with one single choice for battle and one single choice for exploration also takes 3 months to put in place, you can bet that it's not easy to create stuff for this game, no matter how simple it may seem.

So I'd expect the complete new arc for the end of the year, not before that! But maybe I'm wrong and we'll have the pleasant surprise of having it sooner.
I don’t know, developers of Jedi Fallen Order managed to add two new modes and New Journey+ into the game during the quarantine... outside of longer loading times, it works pretty good. I don’t think that making this DLC was that much work outside of creating new arena and 4 new character models. It just shows how cheap these franchise games are in quality and execution compared to the rest.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun May 24, 2020 7:07 pm

emperior wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:01 pm If the DLC was only about the past of Trunks I doubt it would have much appeal. If their goal is to sell as much as possible, then they should make Super’s Future Trunks arc.
You're probably underestimating the fact that Future Gohan is a popular character. People mentions Future Trunks arc, but did we get RoF or Champa yet?
MCDaveG wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:17 pm I don’t know, developers of Jedi Fallen Order managed to add two new modes and New Journey+ into the game during the quarantine..
And how are these? New levels with increased difficulty only?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexFili » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:59 am

Kind of tempted to get this for PS4 at one point. Might wait for it to get cheaper in the future though, I have too many games to play >_<
=
Singer, Swordfighter and Livestreamer

Like Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for GBC? Check out our Wordpress site which contains all the Character Focus articles and Let's Play Video Links! http://legendarysuperwarriors.wordpress.com/
=

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:36 am

AlexFili wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:59 am Kind of tempted to get this for PS4 at one point. Might wait for it to get cheaper in the future though, I have too many games to play >_<
Whether or not you get it now or later, you'll have a blast playing it. If you're into Story focused games, this is a dream come true for DB fans.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:20 am

AlexFili wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:59 am Kind of tempted to get this for PS4 at one point. Might wait for it to get cheaper in the future though, I have too many games to play >_<
Yeah, have it the same... I can imagine, being fresh fan, I would have a blast! But being fan since the end of 90's playing NES, SNES, PS1, 2, 3, 4 and handheld DB games that fueled my fandom but mostly weren't actually great, I think Kakarot is better franchise game, but I am too busy with getting on semi-pro level in FighterZ and playing Middle-Earth and SW Battlefront 2 and Assasin's Creed and working and have a life...
But I can imagine, some time in the future, that I will grab this game in some kind of DB thirst and not having anything else and enjoy the hell out of it.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88