"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Thu May 07, 2020 7:10 am

What a sexy-lookin' boy that is. I think there's even-odds he becomes either the toppest of the top-tiers, or bottom tier. No room for middle ground. Also, I'm not normally big on the colour 2s, but that EoZ colour looks legit good.

It's all pattern-recogntion. Previous counter characters Hit and Jiren were mid-tier and low-tier respectively. Funny how three characters from the same show and almost the same arc ended up filling that niche.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu May 07, 2020 8:56 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:11 pm Others Colors
https://twitter.com/ZankyeGaming/status ... 4764189697
Wait, his second color is not sign/omen with the extra shirt that goes with it? :eh:
Then we should expect his shirt to magically reappear when he defeats Kafla and downgrades to omen for the final scene? :wtf:
Or is it an alternate skin you have to select aside from colors just like Videl's? (in which case, why don't they use it to further promote the DLC with "you get an extra costume")

Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised with the shirt reappearing all of a sudden when he downgrades for the scene...

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 07, 2020 11:25 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:56 pm
Wait, his second color is not sign/omen with the extra shirt that goes with it? :eh:
Then we should expect his shirt to magically reappear when he defeats Kafla and downgrades to omen for the final scene? :wtf:
Or is it an alternate skin you have to select aside from colors just like Videl's? (in which case, why don't they use it to further promote the DLC with "you get an extra costume")

Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised with the shirt reappearing all of a sudden when he downgrades for the scene...
https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1258055047365222400

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu May 07, 2020 11:33 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:56 pm

For what it's worth, they didn't promote Videl's extra costume either.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 08, 2020 12:10 pm

I have heard somewhere that the dramatic finish is with Kefla vs SSGSS Goku, hence the shirt... we will see.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri May 08, 2020 1:55 pm

^ Oh, that would actually explain a lot!
He wouldn't suddenly downgrade from his bare-torso Ultra Instinct form but temporarily upgrade from his Super Saiyan Blue form just like in the anime, with part of his clothes being torn by the sudden transformation and leaving only his shirt.

That's a very clever hypothesis!

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri May 08, 2020 9:11 pm

I'm pretty sure that SSB thing was just a placeholder. All the advertising for the dramatic finish has been for UI Goku, plus if it was the Blue form, wouldn't they have added it when Kefla came out?

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Fri May 08, 2020 9:25 pm

I recently purchased for the PS4, and I'm trying to download the manga colors DLC. How do you get them? Do you have to use coins in the shop? And is it only available on May 9?
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri May 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:11 pm I'm pretty sure that SSB thing was just a placeholder. All the advertising for the dramatic finish has been for UI Goku, plus if it was the Blue form, wouldn't they have added it when Kefla came out?
You make good points, but they also added Goku-Freeza VS Jiren later than when the character was actually released and it had nothing to do with the then-released Kafla.
So when they give a new Dramatic Finish, it's not bound to go with the new character.

In that case, the link would simply be "plus Ultra Instinct also appears in its omen form in a new Dramatic Finish", regardless of the fact that it's not directly by using the Ultra Instinct character.

In any case, we have three possibilities:

- The Dramatic Finish goes with another form of Goku that has clothes to tear apart (likely Super Saiyan Blue to fit with the original situation).

- Ultra Instinct Goku has an alternate appearance (it's just a shirt and an alternate hair color, so it's not that farfetched, Broly does have covered-torso and bare-torso alternatives graphically).

- Ultra Instinct Goku will simply regrow his shirt (which seems fishy to me, that they would allow a sudden discrepancy that would surely take the viewer by surprise and make them lose their focus on the scene for an instant).
DBZfan29 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:25 pm I recently purchased for the PS4, and I'm trying to download the manga colors DLC. How do you get them? Do you have to use coins in the shop? And is it only available on May 9?
As far as I would have considered it, it's available from May 9th on, without time limit (although it's not the case here in France at 3:30am, we'll see if it comes up later on that day). Or so I thought, but I see on other online resources that it's called a "login bonus" for May 9th, so...
Maybe it's just that one day, which is a bit unfair for those who wouldn't be able to connect on that very specific day.

I considered that it would be given for free and simply appear in your available colors, but now that you mention it, I don't know if it's not going to be something you have to win in the in-game lottery...

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat May 09, 2020 8:44 am

It seems the manga colors for Goku arrive on May 19th if we are to believe what a French DB site says.
No need to wait for them today in the end...

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat May 09, 2020 8:59 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:39 pm
Kataphrut wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:11 pm I'm pretty sure that SSB thing was just a placeholder. All the advertising for the dramatic finish has been for UI Goku, plus if it was the Blue form, wouldn't they have added it when Kefla came out?
You make good points, but they also added Goku-Freeza VS Jiren later than when the character was actually released and it had nothing to do with the then-released Kafla.
So when they give a new Dramatic Finish, it's not bound to go with the new character.

In that case, the link would simply be "plus Ultra Instinct also appears in its omen form in a new Dramatic Finish", regardless of the fact that it's not directly by using the Ultra Instinct character.

In any case, we have three possibilities:

- The Dramatic Finish goes with another form of Goku that has clothes to tear apart (likely Super Saiyan Blue to fit with the original situation).

- Ultra Instinct Goku has an alternate appearance (it's just a shirt and an alternate hair color, so it's not that farfetched, Broly does have covered-torso and bare-torso alternatives graphically).

- Ultra Instinct Goku will simply regrow his shirt (which seems fishy to me, that they would allow a sudden discrepancy that would surely take the viewer by surprise and make them lose their focus on the scene for an instant).
The difference is, the Jiren dramatic finish came out a year after the character did, whereas this will be just a couple months after Kefla. With Jiren, they might have held back to focus on the other characters, or it's possible they thought they'd be getting a ToP stage. With Kefla, they had footage of UI Goku to show off when she was announced, I imagine they were already fairly along with the season 3 stuff at that point.

I think it's going to be with UI Goku since that's what they're promoting, and there's even odds of there being an alternate skin, or a change to Omen just for the finish. I mean, an alternate skin would presumably mean also having to do a variant of the DF with the silver haired shirtless form, which would be a lot of extra work. As for the shirt regrowing, well we accepted it for years with Super Saiyan 4, didn't we.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun May 10, 2020 12:22 pm

^ Regarding Super Saiyan 4, it is part of the transformation and show that clothes regrow.
Regarding Ultra Instinct, regrowing clothes is absolutely not part of the show, the contrary is precisely shown in DBS: Goku will stay bare-torso when downgrading.

So Fighterz must not invent that Ultra Instinct involves magical clothes, it will shock people visually to end the fight and have Goku make his blue shirt appear again out of nowhere.

I believe in the theory of this Dramatic Finish going to another form of Goku, and put a less likely option on the possibility of an alternate skin.
And if I'm wrong when the day comes, so be it, we'll still have what's probably going to be an extraordinary scene!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon May 11, 2020 2:17 pm

Your guys are way overthinking it. It's just for the dramatic finish, which purpose is to emulate a moment from the series.

Gohan and Gogeta going SSJ for their dramatic finishes makes no sense for example, unless you disregard the fidelity and embrace the game giving you something cool to see.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:50 pm

I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue May 12, 2020 4:17 am

Ooh, well shut my mouth: Goku vs Kefla dramatic finish has also leaked with Little Boy Blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVAIwQ3 ... e=youtu.be

Weird that they went that route, but looks pretty slick nonetheless.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 14, 2020 5:06 am

So the leaks were true! I actually like it a lot, how Goku's shirt gets torn off and Keffla is in the bad place right since that moment.
I like these power-ups in this game, that is because I love GT Goku for being able to go all SSJ, SSJ3 and SSJ4, that character unexpectedly triggered my childhood nostalgia for watching DBGT in the TV. This game outside of being fighter is really a love letter to the fans and the franchise with all the nods and easter eggs.

I think that as much as all the Dramatic finishes are cool and my most favorite would still be Trunks vs Zamasu and Gogeta vs Broly, I was never fan of Gogeta going back to SSJ just for the sake of looking like in the movie... I think they should have made alternate skins for Gogeta and Vegetto so they can look like SSJ. At least for Vegetto as I never liked him with blue hair. I am still the kid who was blown away in Z by him and have this huge PVC figure of him on my work desk and I think that SSJ Vegetto is iconic.

I am all for having the most iconic forms in games with smaller roster like FighterZ, even tough the roster is so damn huge already, that I have a tough time to build my teams in comparison to the game's launch. It is great to have so many characters now and it keeps me hyped for the game still, two years after release, but at the same time, it kills the fun for me with team building as there is now too many options and I really don't like to read online tips and tables on how to cheat build to destroy online players, it is not fun.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 am

The UI aura was made way better in Xenoverse 2 to be fair.

Also, I kinda liked that "Angel Supernova" of his back in that game, now his Level 1 and 2 are kinda boring.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 14, 2020 8:52 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 am The UI aura was made way better in Xenoverse 2 to be fair.

Also, I kinda liked that "Angel Supernova" of his back in that game, now his Level 1 and 2 are kinda boring.
I don't see much difference, but the FighterZ model has definitely better hair. I find the form boring in both of the games visually,
tough I am most excited for how does the character actually play in FighterZ which is where the true fun lies.

For me Android 17 is pretty boring visually and doesn't have such oomph like Goku or Gogeta, but man, he is such fun to play as.
Some of the casual online opponents overlook this guy maybe because of his looks, but they are in for a huge surprise!

I believe that UI Goku won't be such outsider but I am really curious about getting in touch with his gameplay.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri May 15, 2020 6:35 am

Alright, lots more UI Goku gameplay is out doing the rounds. There's some good breakdowns on Twitter and Youtube, but let me just draw your attention to this little clip: https://twitter.com/tatsunical/status/1 ... 9449854982

You know how before this character was revealed, there was a meme going around of "oh, UI Goku would just auto-dodge everything"? Well...

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 15, 2020 6:25 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:35 am Alright, lots more UI Goku gameplay is out doing the rounds. There's some good breakdowns on Twitter and Youtube, but let me just draw your attention to this little clip: https://twitter.com/tatsunical/status/1 ... 9449854982

You know how before this character was revealed, there was a meme going around of "oh, UI Goku would just auto-dodge everything"? Well...
Naaaaaaah! So you mean that the online game will be full of UI Gokus and we, more skilled players will have to find his weakness or utterly perish when encountering more skilled oponents? If it is cheat character then I hope he is banned 🤣