Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Tue May 19, 2020 2:27 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am What about Cell?
Good question. Cell seemed to have overpowered versions of everyone's abilities anyways.

Toriyama contradicted his own rules when he had Cell say he can regenerate from his core in his head...then Goku blew off his head. The English versions quietly rewrote that error.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed May 20, 2020 3:43 pm

So I guess their only chance of absorbing her is if she's about to blast Buu off but then Gohan kinda pummels her enough that she can't concentrate to do it?

Either that or it will be a saiyan saga esque "the instant he moves into attack he's open" type deal when right after doing a kiai she's vulnrable to a kamehameha or Kienzan or something...

I wonder if she'll be dying and then babidi dies and she loses the seal, Vegito comes back and just sees U18 Gohan having killed his kid with no context?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 20, 2020 3:59 pm

I've been on the internet long enough to know where this is going

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Wed May 20, 2020 5:53 pm

TobyS wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:43 pm I wonder if she'll be dying and then babidi dies and she loses the seal, Vegito comes back and just sees U18 Gohan having killed his kid with no context?
That's exactly what Zen Buu wants to see happen.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 20, 2020 6:05 pm

Brikikoz wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:53 pm
TobyS wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:43 pm I wonder if she'll be dying and then babidi dies and she loses the seal, Vegito comes back and just sees U18 Gohan having killed his kid with no context?
Hmmm...As much as Vegito would be super pissed, if it was Gohan or any of the heroes that did it, there must be a really good explanation, and you'd reasonably think he give them one chance to explain.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Wed May 20, 2020 8:07 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:05 pm
Brikikoz wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:53 pm
Hmmm...As much as Vegito would be super pissed, if it was Gohan or any of the heroes that did it, there must be a really good explanation, and you'd reasonably think he give them one chance to explain.
Vegetto is already mad at Gohan for not allowing him his fight with XXI...this could add to his impulsive anger.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed May 20, 2020 8:17 pm

Monster (a guy on the DMB pages) said something interesting, though. The timeline's been changed!
[Bardock already changed the timeline.] You see that his actions can change outcomes. Babidi was supposed to die but [Bardock] prevented that. We can't know any other those visions will even happen now because the timeline was altered...
Of course, knowing Salagir, it won't make a difference. If Majin Bra's death IS the catalyst for evil Vegetto (and Babidi's magic dies with him)... He'd just point out the inconsistency, say "LOL, I stuffed that up, huh?"...

...Then happily go along with his original plan, regardless.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 21, 2020 4:08 am

FoolsGil wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:59 pm I've been on the internet long enough to know where this is going
That would probably be far more interesting than what's actually going to happen.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:13 am

FoolsGil wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:59 pm Image

I've been on the internet long enough to know where this is going
I've been reading DBM long enough to know where this is going.

Bra will get absorbed, but because she's Vegetto's kid, she naturally inherited the ability to protect herself from being assimilated into Buu. So, while everyone on the outside is celebrating their victory (well, as much as they can given the casualties), she's going to destroy Buu from the inside, escape, then try kill everyone who's still alive and probably succeed.

Man, this series has made me jaded. I remember when I first discovered DBM almost a decade ago, how hyped I was about it, and how I thought it was the coolest shit ever.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri May 22, 2020 3:09 am

TheGodfather93 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:13 am Bra will get absorbed, but because she's Vegetto's kid, she naturally inherited the ability to protect herself from being assimilated into Buu. So, while everyone on the outside is celebrating their victory (well, as much as they can given the casualties), she's going to destroy Buu from the inside, escape, then try kill everyone who's still alive and probably succeed.
To be fair, for once that would actually make sense. Fighting Buu is basically Vegito's one good fight in his timeline, so he probably told Bra about it and how he stopped absorption. But still, yeah, every page is forced to be a cliff hanger, but nothing in this story lets us expect anything other than the blandest route forward.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Fri May 22, 2020 10:02 am

Kanassa wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:09 am
TheGodfather93 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:13 am Bra will get absorbed, but because she's Vegetto's kid, she naturally inherited the ability to protect herself from being assimilated into Buu. So, while everyone on the outside is celebrating their victory (well, as much as they can given the casualties), she's going to destroy Buu from the inside, escape, then try kill everyone who's still alive and probably succeed.
To be fair, for once that would actually make sense. Fighting Buu is basically Vegito's one good fight in his timeline, so he probably told Bra about it and how he stopped absorption. But still, yeah, every page is forced to be a cliff hanger, but nothing in this story lets us expect anything other than the blandest route forward.
I don't think the issue is whether or not it makes sense. At this point, this free-for-all has been going on for AGES. Majin Bra keeps dragging things out, we've been trapped in an endless cycle of mindlessly violent storytelling & filler, and the idea that this could go on any longer is just exhausting. DBM has completely dropped the ball on the tournament angle the story was built up on.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri May 22, 2020 3:58 pm

...This filler is going to the sexy thread...Freaky Alien Genotypes... :P

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 22, 2020 4:08 pm

Realistically, I think Bruu would become smart enough to realize she could just kill Babidi. Failing that, Zen Buu would do it, then congratulate the others on finally crafting a perfect wife for him.

Heck, maybe that's his grand plan. Dude just wants a wife.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri May 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:08 pm Realistically, I think Bruu would become smart enough to realize she could just kill Babidi. Failing that, Zen Buu would do it, then congratulate the others on finally crafting a perfect wife for him.

Heck, maybe that's his grand plan. Dude just wants a wife.
Cell in the minicomics also wanted a wife apparently, Even bad guys want love too. :lol:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:53 pm

Almost thought that was a real page for a moment

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri May 22, 2020 8:51 pm

The actual page was posted in comments of the main website earlier on but was quickly removed by an admin. Had I been quicker on my feet I would've copied it and shared it here.

So apparently Bra pulls a Vegetto and barriers her way out of the Buu Goo and while shes distracted Gohan is powering up a Sauzer Blade and wants the Cell Jr to teleport him to her so he can hopefully land a killing blow.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 22, 2020 9:27 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:51 pm The actual page was posted in comments of the main website earlier on but was quickly removed by an admin. Had I been quicker on my feet I would've copied it and shared it here.
Don't worry, I have you covered:

Last edited by Fionordequester on Fri May 22, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri May 22, 2020 9:36 pm

Looks like a nice plan, but somehow I don't think it will work.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 22, 2020 10:16 pm

You guys prefer to wait 2 days for the English page, then 3 days for the next page (as it woulda been had I not been here)?

Or do you 5 days for the next "real" page (since I was here)?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri May 22, 2020 11:07 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:16 pm You guys prefer to wait 2 days for the English page, then 3 days for the next page (as it woulda been had I not been here)?

Or do you 5 days for the next "real" page (since I was here)?
For me personally I wouldnt mind seeing the untranslated pages early.