"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Mon May 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:16 am Just let this game die for fucks sake.

No one is forcing you to play this. Shut up and let everyone else still playing enjoy the game.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon May 18, 2020 1:38 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:21 amHow on earth is this thing still getting DLC ? As much as I've supported the decision to keep this alive, can we get 3 now ? With that said, she is an interesting choice. I'm also interested in seeing who's released with her, as it could be someone related, or someone completely different. Hopefully we get 3 characters this time. These sets come in pairs, so this is probably the first of 2.

Why stop there ? they should go all out and let us give any Saiyan any form we want, such as Ssj3 to Vegeta, Ssj to Raditz, etc.
At this point? Popularity. See how they are happy that XV2 sold over six million copies? I can only imagine that's it. I do wish to hell this does not mean we won't get Xenoverse 3, but I'm not against them still supporting XV2. If they want to keep updating this game, by all means please proceed. But XV3 has to be on the horizon.

I have to say, if Janemba has the best techniques of this franchise, then maybe Kaioshin of Time has the second best, since it's based on time and such. I'm really hyped for her techniques and can't wait to try them out and see which one I'm gonna equip for my Time Patroller. From the looks of the images, they all seem interesting and hopefully her Ultimate unleash hell (I mean time) on the opponent! :)
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon May 18, 2020 1:50 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:38 pm
At this point? Popularity. See how they are happy that XV2 sold over six million copies? I can only imagine that's it. I do wish to hell this does not mean we won't get Xenoverse 3, but I'm not against them still supporting XV2. If they want to keep updating this game, by all means please proceed. But XV3 has to be on the horizon.
I have no doubt that we'll get a xv3, it's just going to take awhile, probably until 2 dies down completely.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon May 18, 2020 2:32 pm

Wilderness wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:21 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:16 am Just let this game die for fucks sake.

No one is forcing you to play this. Shut up and let everyone else still playing enjoy the game.
I can still voice my opinion on the game if I want to, thank you very much. So why don't you take your own advice?

I'm not even playing it anymore, I haven't played in over a year because I got bored of it after 6 DLCs. The latest DLC literally said "XV2 comes to an end." so they were gonna end it but came back for more.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon May 18, 2020 5:26 pm

I don't think DLC being released has anything to do with what their plans are for XV3. Copying and pasting the Chronoa character model to playable form and designing a few specials isn't going to take anything away from the development of a sequel. If anything, they have a tiny team devoted to DLC... at worst it's a small part of the existing team.

On that note, I would like to see XV3 on the next generation--though come to think of it, has a true sequel to a Dragon Ball video game ever made the jump to the next platform? I guess a simultaneous release on PS4 & PS5 seems pretty reasonable, but a true generational jump is probably a big ask.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon May 18, 2020 5:30 pm

Thanos wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:26 pm I don't think DLC being released has anything to do with what their plans are for XV3.

I guess a simultaneous release on PS4 & PS5 seems pretty reasonable, but a true generational jump is probably a big ask.
I think these last DLCs are actually being ported over from XV3, and not made from the ground up for 2.

I agree, I think XV3's release date will be too soon for an exclusive next gen launch.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon May 18, 2020 9:49 pm

I thought we were only getting a free updated and SKOT. So, there is a free update including SKOT and also a DLC with more characters coming??

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon May 18, 2020 9:59 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:49 pm I thought we were only getting a free updated and SKOT. So, there is a free update including SKOT and also a DLC with more characters coming??
I think the Kai isn't part of the free update, and instead will be part of a paid DLC pack. As with any early leak, there could be some mis-translation going on and she is part of the free update.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon May 18, 2020 10:19 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:30 pm
Thanos wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:26 pm I don't think DLC being released has anything to do with what their plans are for XV3.

I guess a simultaneous release on PS4 & PS5 seems pretty reasonable, but a true generational jump is probably a big ask.
I think these last DLCs are actually being ported over from XV3, and not made from the ground up for 2.

I agree, I think XV3's release date will be too soon for an exclusive next gen launch.
Are there any talks of XV3

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon May 18, 2020 10:47 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:19 pmAre there any talks of XV3
They said back in 2016 or so that XV3 would get a longer development cycle compared to XV2, which was under 2 years. This October will be the game's 4th anniversary, so surely 3 can't be too far out.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon May 18, 2020 10:51 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:47 pm
They said back in 2016 or so that XV3 would get a longer development cycle compared to XV2, which was under 2 years. This October will be the game's 4th anniversary, so surely 3 can't be too far out.
Oh ok. Real cool hope so. As much as XV isn't as good as say FIghterz still play it like everyday. Very excited for the new Chronoa dlc

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon May 18, 2020 11:04 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:51 pmAs much as XV isn't as good as say FIghterz still play it like everyday. Very excited for the new Chronoa dlc
I don't think the goal of XV is to be the best game, but rather the biggest game. It may not have the quality gameplay of FighterZ, but it makes up for it in a massive number of characters, stages, and generally things to do. I think this is by far the best era for DB games, as we have a game that focuses on quality gameplay, a game that focuses on content, and this year a story focused RPG. Definitely a step up from the dark days of the PS3/360 era where the games had little to no redeeming qualities.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon May 18, 2020 11:38 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:04 pm
Mad Swami wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:51 pmAs much as XV isn't as good as say FIghterz still play it like everyday. Very excited for the new Chronoa dlc
I don't think the goal of XV is to be the best game, but rather the biggest game. It may not have the quality gameplay of FighterZ, but it makes up for it in a massive number of characters, stages, and generally things to do. I think this is by far the best era for DB games, as we have a game that focuses on quality gameplay, a game that focuses on content, and this year a story focused RPG. Definitely a step up from the dark days of the PS3/360 era where the games had little to no redeeming qualities.
That's fair

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue May 19, 2020 12:15 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:47 pm
They're probably saving XV3 for next year (on top of this latest DLC coming out, Coronavirus has probably delayed the development at Dimps a bit for the next game) & the new consoles. I hope they get an engine upgrade & overhaul the combat mechanics, as well as actually have the majority of the story & beats not be recycled again from the previous games, as well as give us some great extras based on fan & critic feedback. I would also want them to do what Hitman 2 (2018) did & they did for XV2 on Switch & let us play the older XV1 & 2 missions in the game as DLC with the new mechanics. It'd be great if there was also a currency exchange for TP medals & Zeni. I know that might break their monetization scheme of microtransactions, but it's DESPERATELY needed if they really wanna keep up the "drop seasonal/special items that cost a LOT of TP medals for no reason" bullshit. Also, crossplay would be nice since Sony's finally playing ball. Also, fix Goku's Super Saiyan hair for fuck's sake. It looks awful as well as off. Plus, give FUNi the pre-rendered cutscenes to dub over so it doesn't look like a jarring mess in them with the English dub. I genuinely don't get why Bandai Namco doesn't do that more regularly, but, damn.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed May 20, 2020 4:29 am

Do we have any idea when this content is coming?

And how long before fans usually fully translate these things?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:48 am

TobyS wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:29 am Do we have any idea when this content is coming?

A fully translation is on the previous page.
We don't know a date for this DLC, let's wait until next month.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 20, 2020 9:44 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:32 pm

I can still voice my opinion on the game if I want to, thank you very much. So why don't you take your own advice?

I'm not even playing it anymore, I haven't played in over a year because I got bored of it after 6 DLCs. The latest DLC literally said "XV2 comes to an end." so they were gonna end it but came back for more.
Yes, you can voice your opinion. You should have led with (and only posted) this second paragraph.

Don't be an ass. Don't post useless things. Don't be obnoxious. This is very simple, and you've agreed to it multiple times! Considering the strikes already on your account, you should be constantly be thinking "Do I really need to post this?"

(This is a free warning. Take it, please.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:52 am

VegettoEX wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:44 am
Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:32 pm

Yes, you can voice your opinion. You should have led with (and only posted) this second paragraph.

Don't be an ass. Don't post useless things. Don't be obnoxious. This is very simple, and you've agreed to it multiple times! Considering the strikes already on your account, you should be constantly be thinking "Do I really need to post this?"

(This is a free warning. Take it, please.)
Sorry

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed May 20, 2020 11:21 am

Gt91 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:48 am
TobyS wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:29 am Do we have any idea when this content is coming?

A fully translation is on the previous page.
We don't know a date for this DLC, let's wait until next month.
skipped over it, usually we get translations in a paragraph assumed the text was there in japanese....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:09 pm

Wow. I missed this, and even I had kind of shelved the game for the time being. But more DLC? Getting Super Broly's costume? Playing as Chronoa herself?

Yep, gonna have to jump back in for a bit.