"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YuseiFudou » Wed May 20, 2020 3:31 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:09 pm Getting Super Broly's costume?
Don't forget his haircut, both genders get his hair too! :D

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Awwww, I am super pissed! I have put all the money for everything to this game just because I am completionist... the gameplay is bad but I like that it is the biggest DB content we have currently... I am missing things like Super Android 13, his minions, Cooler team etc. But Dabura was added, Android 21, Super Buu with Gohan absorbed, Super characters... make it stop and release sequel with good gameplay finally! Of course I will toss 30 dollars away just for five minutes with Chronoa in versus, because I just couldn’t stand to have incomplete game on my system 😭
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed May 20, 2020 6:25 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:15 pmI am missing things like Super Android 13, his minions, Cooler team etc. But Dabura was added, Android 21, Super Buu with Gohan absorbed, Super characters...
Speaking of, who do you think they'll release alongside the Kai ? Toppo maybe ?

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed May 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:25 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:15 pmI am missing things like Super Android 13, his minions, Cooler team etc. But Dabura was added, Android 21, Super Buu with Gohan absorbed, Super characters...
Speaking of, who do you think they'll release alongside the Kai ? Toppo maybe ?
God Toppo or maybe Fu from Heroes?
I think Toppo is more likely though

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed May 20, 2020 7:20 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:18 pmGod Toppo or maybe Fu from Heroes?
I don't know how long they're going to support this game, but do you think we could get Moro in the (potential) 12th DLC pack ? This is the 11th, and they come in sets so chances are there'll be a 12th.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed May 20, 2020 7:57 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:20 pm
Mad Swami wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:18 pmGod Toppo or maybe Fu from Heroes?
I don't know how long they're going to support this game, but do you think we could get Moro in the (potential) 12th DLC pack ? This is the 11th, and they come in sets so chances are there'll be a 12th.
I think he might be too new. However they could do a Moro pack to hype the anime adaptation and include 73, Saganbo, Merus, Yardrat Vegeta, Omen Goku and maybe even Galactic Patrol versions of the Z fighters

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed May 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:57 pmI think he might be too new. However they could do a Moro pack to hype the anime adaptation and include 73, Saganbo, Merus, Yardrat Vegeta, Omen Goku and maybe even Galactic Patrol versions of the Z fighters
Despite being shocked that this game is still getting support, I'll be even more so if it still is by the time the anime returns (2021 at the earliest). Hopefully by then we'll have XV3.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed May 20, 2020 8:06 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:05 pm
Mad Swami wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:57 pmI think he might be too new. However they could do a Moro pack to hype the anime adaptation and include 73, Saganbo, Merus, Yardrat Vegeta, Omen Goku and maybe even Galactic Patrol versions of the Z fighters
Despite being shocked that this game is still getting support, I'll be even more so if it still is by the time the anime returns (2021 at the earliest). Hopefully by then we'll have XV3.
Agreed

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed May 20, 2020 8:15 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:05 pm
I doubt the anime will come back anytime soon, tha's why they introduced Super Goku and company in the Heroes storyline, if anything until the current arc ends in about 2 years if not a bit more in 2022 but even then i think they are trying their hardest to not continue the anime, Toriyama for sure must be more than tired of it and can't really blame him, still hoping for at least a tease trailer of XV3 in the next couple of months.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed May 20, 2020 8:24 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:15 pmI think they are trying their hardest to not continue the anime.
One of the producers said they're currently planning the anime, but they're not going to rush anything like last time so that they won't end up with another mess on their hands.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed May 20, 2020 11:35 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:24 pm
Dragotaker wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:15 pmI think they are trying their hardest to not continue the anime.
One of the producers said they're currently planning the anime, but they're not going to rush anything like last time so that they won't end up with another mess on their hands.
Source?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu May 21, 2020 6:34 am

Dragotaker wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:35 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:24 pm
Source?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44657&start=20

Ajay's comment towards the middle.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu May 21, 2020 8:17 am

When does Chronoa come out?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu May 21, 2020 2:05 pm

So, they are giving us Broly's armor, wig and already having his Baa ear outfit, are they adding Broly too? I mean, I want Broly, not his wardrobe.

I think it's time to move on to PC and start enjoying the great work the mods have been doing.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:05 pm So, they are giving us Broly's armor, wig and already having his Baa ear outfit, are they adding Broly too? I mean, I want Broly, not his wardrobe.

I think it's time to move on to PC and start enjoying the great work the mods have been doing.
The DBS movie Broli was part of "Extra Pack 4".
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Fri May 22, 2020 2:24 am

I’m building a PC, and already got the game and all the DLC for cheap. I’m so snatching up whatever this DLC is.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri May 22, 2020 3:31 am

VegettoEX wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:44 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:05 pm So, they are giving us Broly's armor, wig and already having his Baa ear outfit, are they adding Broly too? I mean, I want Broly, not his wardrobe.

I could be wrong, but I think he means base form Broly. Or the enraged Broly with the Great Ape powers. Since DLC characters almost never have transformations, the only DBS Broly we have is Full Power Super Saiyan Broly. They could very well sell another form of Broly separately.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 22, 2020 7:49 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:31 am
VegettoEX wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:44 pm

I could be wrong, but I think he means base form Broly. Or the enraged Broly with the Great Ape powers. Since DLC characters almost never have transformations, the only DBS Broly we have is Full Power Super Saiyan Broly. They could very well sell another form of Broly separately.
Only characters having transformation in this game technically are Saiyans (SSJ, Kaioken), but everything else are separate characters like Cooler, Freeza, Cell etc. Sure, DLC character were pretty luckluster in this after Goku Black... Just Kefla, Broly, Android 13. Missing Spike Chunsoft with both Sparking and Raging Blast, everyone could transform and it changed skillset and abilities.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 am

MCDaveG wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:49 amOnly characters having transformation in this game technically are Saiyans (SSJ, Kaioken). Missing Spike Chunsoft with both Sparking and Raging Blast, everyone could transform and it changed skillset and abilities.
And said Saiyans can't start a match transformed. This has been a major flaw fans have had for years, so hopefully it's fixed in XV3, alongside the ability to switch between characters during the match.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 22, 2020 8:34 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 am
MCDaveG wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:49 amOnly characters having transformation in this game technically are Saiyans (SSJ, Kaioken). Missing Spike Chunsoft with both Sparking and Raging Blast, everyone could transform and it changed skillset and abilities.
And said Saiyans can't start a match transformed. This has been a major flaw fans have had for years, so hopefully it's fixed in XV3, alongside the ability to switch between characters during the match.
I don't care much for XV3 unless they completely redo the gameplay... I have actually liked XV1 gameplay better, because it didn't had the stupid stamina break and also had less combos, that are unnecesary complicated. I think that fighting game combos or rather exact button sequence just don't work in 3D plane. I am fighting game regular and can't finish those adcanced combo trials in this game, because the timing and hit boxes are total mess.

Will probably finish this game with buying the last DLCs for the sake of content and won't touch it ever again as it is not much fun for me.
Online game is about exploiting equiped skill abilities and not the players, so you can google ideal character equips and go at it with your CaC as rest of the roster is completely useless outside of story mode and few characters for PQs.
I really remember fondly the Raging Blast series and Budokais... it was casual easy fun, but XV2 pissess me off every time I want to step outside of the story mode and enjoy more of it. Where are the days where I could have defeated SSJ3 Broly with Chaozu :P