"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Wed May 20, 2020 8:55 am

mute_proxy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 am
Yo'Goodfella wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:28 am YES! Roshi is coming in! I will definitely try to get him in a spot of my main team, as an alternative option.

Though, my apologies. I am a bit out of the loop, how is Omega Shenron confirmed?
There was audio data datamined, where Gogeta talks about his stiff shoulder or something that he said to Omega in GT.

It seems Roshi leak was a fake: https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1262927149608177671
D'OH! Ugh...

Well, so by that note, it seems that the Omega one is real, if it hasn't been debunked as such.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:39 am

I have to say that 18's quote is too unique to be fake.

Anyway, considering that Omega's next and there's another character coming (Pikkon?), they might announce Roshi in a year or something, so of course they're denying the spoilers.
Last edited by Zamasu55 on Wed May 20, 2020 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 am

Yo'Goodfella wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:55 am
mute_proxy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 am
Yo'Goodfella wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:28 am YES! Roshi is coming in! I will definitely try to get him in a spot of my main team, as an alternative option.

Though, my apologies. I am a bit out of the loop, how is Omega Shenron confirmed?
There was audio data datamined, where Gogeta talks about his stiff shoulder or something that he said to Omega in GT.

It seems Roshi leak was a fake: https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1262927149608177671
D'OH! Ugh...

Well, so by that note, it seems that the Omega one is real, if it hasn't been debunked as such.
Of course it's real. Gogeta's audio was found in the files.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Awww man! I was really hoping for Roshi the most! Don’t care much about Shenron, but why not, GT Goku has to have at least some adversary :)

Don’t care about Paikuhan at all, he is just Piccolo look alike with Android 16 (and now Tenshinhan) voice actor.

Do Moro! With new voice actor, exclusive character. Manga crossover. Would be nice to have the Super continue in this form and give us something unprecedented. Janemba, Cooler and Broly were good for nostalgia, but Paikuhan feels more filler than main character, he is not even in Xenoverse...
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu May 21, 2020 4:33 am

To celebrate FighterZ selling over 5 milllions copies, they are offering 5 million zeni, plus 3 special lobby characters. Log in between 21st and 28th of May to receive them.

https://twitter.com/dbgame_official/sta ... 3719452672
MCDaveG wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:08 pm Do Moro! With new voice actor, exclusive character. Manga crossover. Would be nice to have the Super continue in this form and give us something unprecedented. Janemba, Cooler and Broly were good for nostalgia, but Paikuhan feels more filler than main character, he is not even in Xenoverse...
Moro would be an interesting choice. However I think a lot of people don't follow the manga, which would make them go "Moro who?".
Not impossible but rather unlikely unless the anime is coming back and they go all in the marketing.

I myself would rather see Dr. Gero or Mr.Satan before a bunch of other characters.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu May 21, 2020 5:38 am

LightBing wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:33 am To celebrate FighterZ selling over 5 milllions copies, they are offering 5 million zeni, plus 3 special lobby characters. Log in between 21st and 28th of May to receive them.

Oh damn, I bought everything from the capsule store with that :)

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu May 21, 2020 8:17 am

LightBing wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:33 am To celebrate FighterZ selling over 5 milllions copies, they are offering 5 million zeni, plus 3 special lobby characters. Log in between 21st and 28th of May to receive them.

But still not enough to reach the 20 millon zenis for the trophy :(
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu May 21, 2020 2:32 pm

UI Goku to Beerus: "The gap between us is getting smaller and smaller."

I really like the dialogue in this game.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 22, 2020 8:09 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:32 pm UI Goku to Beerus: "The gap between us is getting smaller and smaller."

I really like the dialogue in this game.
I like all of it in the game. It is a quality and not quantity...
Today, I have discovered that Kefla mocks Piccolo, that Namekians from Universe 7 are weak... and he replied back snarkily at her.
All this little stuff makes the game for me playable still... I never really put this game down since the release, only for other online games like Battlefront 2 and since I have got Platinum and only things that I can get is just few cards and outfits, I went back to FighterZ with UI Goku release. I really miss true outro animations in Xenoverse (not that there is true intro animation either) and here I get both plus I love how characters comment to the rest of the team on scoreboard. It is just fighting game with story mode, but details like this give it so much fun and content.

UI Goku is crazy... I have got quite hang of him and he can be pretty surprising to both me and the opponent with re-appearing on different spots when fighting, like his overhead kick coming from above the opponent. Also, after I thought I know everything about him, I've seen some new techniques coming from this guy... It is fun character, altough he feels little overpowered.
I really love the EoZ color scheme on him and using him as main. If this game had at least one true alternate skin for more character like Videl does, that would be wild.

On the other hand, those prices in the special shop and for the trophy rooms are outrageous... one million zeni for ONE SONG?!
Damn, even Guilty Gear wasn't that punishing as you could afford one song after one arcade mode playtrough.
They shall introduce something for farming money at least, because if you are victorious in online, you get like 30 000 Zeni before the opponent ragequits, or do not make much if losing, one Arcade mode can get you around 10 000 Zeni and the special events like now with UI Goku, will also get you around 30 000+ Zeni on one victorious playtrough and maybe some extra with items.
This way, you won't unlock all the stuff before the game dies.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri May 22, 2020 8:44 am

Tried out some UI Goku and he seems really damn cool. I don't think I'll pick him up myself, he has an impressive kit but at this point I feel set in my ways. I've met a fair few online already as you'd expect, and I'd say two thirds have been pretty easy, while the remaining third have kicked my shit in. That's always the way when a new character comes out, you'll get a bunch of people taking them into ranked before they fully know what they're doing. And the ones that stick with it will be terrifying a couple months down the line.

Incidentally, maining Hit for almost two years now, plus some brief dalliances with Cooler and Jiren has taught me something- give someone a counter, and they'll want to use it every chance they get. The amount of times I've stuffed up a Ui Goku just by doing a basic cross up and pausing. A surprising amount will smash that 6H and leave themselves wide open. His blockstrings are pretty average except for the flip, which is nonsense. It can be 2H'd, but it's very easy to whiff that with him bouncing all over the place. That said, I think once people learn how to deal with flips, he's going to be a lot less scary.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 pm

Further in-depth breakdown of UI Goku counter stance. There are some situations where you can get very minus frames of advantage and how it be beaten by autocombos & grabs :wink:

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Sat May 23, 2020 9:40 am

Kataphrut wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:44 am
Incidentally, maining Hit for almost two years now, plus some brief dalliances with Cooler and Jiren has taught me something- give someone a counter, and they'll want to use it every chance they get. The amount of times I've stuffed up a Ui Goku just by doing a basic cross up and pausing. A surprising amount will smash that 6H and leave themselves wide open.
Yeah that was my experience with those UI Gokus as well. They love that counter, because it can be used against almost everything. I just wait, then dunk.

I'm not really in the realm of... Possibly even intermediate (Super Saiyan 3), so it's possible that these are new people that want to win using new, unfamiliar toys.

I'd say these lower level Gokus are kind of a godsend because of that, if you decide not to buy him. You get to experience more of them and how to counter them without getting obliterated.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat May 23, 2020 10:13 am

Yo'Goodfella wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:40 am
Kataphrut wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:44 am
Incidentally, maining Hit for almost two years now, plus some brief dalliances with Cooler and Jiren has taught me something- give someone a counter, and they'll want to use it every chance they get. The amount of times I've stuffed up a Ui Goku just by doing a basic cross up and pausing. A surprising amount will smash that 6H and leave themselves wide open.
Yeah that was my experience with those UI Gokus as well. They love that counter, because it can be used against almost everything. I just wait, then dunk.

I'm not really in the realm of... Possibly even intermediate (Super Saiyan 3), so it's possible that these are new people that want to win using new, unfamiliar toys.

I'd say these lower level Gokus are kind of a godsend because of that, if you decide not to buy him. You get to experience more of them and how to counter them without getting obliterated.
I mean, that's always the way when a new character comes out. Most of the ones that struggle will drop him while the ones that commit will be rewarded. I'm Majin rank now, but I've been skirting the edge of deranking lately. My last few sets against other Majins haven't been great.

With his counter, it seems like a higher risk/reward compared to Hit. Yes, people can bait and react to it much easier, but he can turn it into a full combo if he lands it right. Hit's essentially acts like a free vanish but you need to spend a bar to turn it into a combo, and even then the damage will be low from scaling (his ground counter I mean- his aerial S is the tool of the gods). Whereas yeah, someone can vanish, jab or block Goku's counter depending on what they were doing, but if he catches them in something with a lot of commitment, he can go to town on them. Not to mention the mind games of counter vanishing and reacting with that unique tech of his. Hell, you can even double-counter if you catch them mashing.

Incidentally, this is why everyone was right to call UI Goku a better Jiren. Jirens counters were the worst of both worlds- the capacity to bait and react like with Goku, but also the poor damage ceiling of Hit. At least they upped the damage for them in season 3.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun May 24, 2020 4:31 am

Is there a place that keeps up to date with the new season colors, free zeni and such stuff when they come out?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun May 24, 2020 10:44 pm

If we ever get Paikuhan I hope it is on his without his weight clothes as no fighting game have ever introduced him with that outfit.
Kataphrut wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:17 am Ooh, well shut my mouth: Goku vs Kefla dramatic finish has also leaked...
So UI Goku dramatic finish it is done with Blue? Seems legit.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri May 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 pm Further in-depth breakdown of UI Goku counter stance. There are some situations where you can get very minus frames of advantage and how it be beaten by autocombos & grabs :wink:
This is old, but this video actually got it wrong on the minus. Roof actually corrected himself on another video:https://youtu.be/4i2eZjpRLu4?t=254
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat May 30, 2020 11:11 am

They keep adding millions of zenis on login, what is going on?? :D

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:48 pm

Man, the wait is killing me. When do you guys think we will get some glimpse of a new fighter? I am not a fan of character per 3 months and hope they will do some batch release at least of two of them.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:19 am

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:48 pm Man, the wait is killing me. When do you guys think we will get some glimpse of a new fighter? I am not a fan of character per 3 months and hope they will do some batch release at least of two of them.
It'll probably be the next V-Jump. They were probably planning to use the world tour and EVO to announce new characters like last time, but the WT's been cancelled and EVO's going digital-only. Actually they'll probably still have something to show at the exhibitions- FighterZ is still slated to be there.
mute_proxy wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:11 am They keep adding millions of zenis on login, what is going on?? :D
It's cos they added that new store where everything costs a million squillion zeni. Gotta give people a few freebies to encourage them to buy from it.

Maybe it'll help a few people finally get that 20 million zeni achievement without grinding story mode. I've been playing this game on and off for over two years now, and I'm still 3 million off that trophy. It's ridiculous.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:58 am

My PS+ sub expired and now I can't get the login bonus, grinding those zenis will be hell (7M off).