What characters do you think they can add for FighterZ 2?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

What characters do you think they can add for FighterZ 2?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 24, 2020 2:11 pm

This game already has all the characters that we need and some, so I think Season 3 will be our last line of DLC. On top of that, one of the three remaining is already pretty much confirmed via datamine (Omega Shenron) while the other two are no-brainers (Master Roshi and Pikkon).

Now what can the sequel add in terms of new characters?

I'll start:

New Characters
Mr. Satan
Raditz
Dabura
Toppo
Caulifla (w/ Kale)
Moro
(if the DBS anime returns)

As for returning characters....
  • I believe everyone will be coming back for the sequel except #21 and possibly #16.
  • The DLC characters will remain DLC with some exceptions.
  • #18 (with the tracksuit as her default outfit) and Majin Buu (Mr. Buu) will be on the heroes/protagonists side. #18 will also receive a moveset overhaul.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What characters do you think they can add for FighterZ 2?

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon May 25, 2020 2:31 am

Who are the last 3 in this Session are IMO Likely Roshi, Omega Shenron, Ribrianne or Toppo. Whoever is not chosen or if others make the list I am Sure all these characters will be in FigtherZ 2! :wink:

So My list will not include any of those 4 cause of their chances in this Session.

My Other New Characters List for FighterZ 2: 8)

* Kakunsa
* Rozie
* Bergamo(/with Lavendar & Basil assists)
* Zangya
* Dabura
* Caulifla
* Rage Kale
* Bulma
* Chi-Chi
* Pikkon
* King Piccolo
* Lord Slug
* BoJack
* Super Android 13
* Baby
* Pan
* Dyspo
* Maybe some Heroes & Xenoverse Characters too!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon May 25, 2020 3:48 am

I think Garlic Jr could provide for an interesting fighter. Using Spice Boys assists, his second form a la Golden Frieza and the black hole he summoned in the series, he could be very entertaining. However, he is Garlic Jr so he's obviously not developers first pick due to his filler status.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:46 am

I'd love to see them add Future Zamasu. His immortality and regeneration could make for a unique mechanic (however I'm not sure how they'd make it work, just throwing out an idea).

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:07 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:11 pm This game already has all the characters that we need and some, so I think Season 3 will be our last line of DLC. On top of that, one of the three remaining is already pretty much confirmed via datamine (Omega Shenron) while the other two are no-brainers (Master Roshi and Pikkon).

Now what can the sequel add in terms of new characters?

I'll start:

New Characters
Mr. Satan
Raditz
Dabura
Toppo
Caulifla (w/ Kale)
Moro
(if the DBS anime returns)

As for returning characters....
  • I believe everyone will be coming back for the sequel except #21 and possibly #16.
  • The DLC characters will remain DLC with some exceptions.
  • #18 (with the tracksuit as her default outfit) and Majin Buu (Mr. Buu) will be on the heroes/protagonists side. #18 will also receive a moveset overhaul.
Second thought, I think they will add Moro even if the anime doesn't come back. His arc in the manga would be long done by the time FighterZ 2 comes out.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu May 28, 2020 2:01 pm

Any SSJ4 representation, Majuub, Arale, Pikkon, The Trio of Danger(one character like Ginyu), and maybe Mira/also Towa

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:45 am

Mad Swami wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:01 pm Any SSJ4 representation, Majuub, Arale, Pikkon, The Trio of Danger(one character like Ginyu), and maybe Mira/also Towa
The fact SSJ4 Goku is a part of GT Goku's ultimate and SSGSS Gogeta should be hints we're not getting any SSJ4 characters.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:04 pm

Before we get into characters, I'd like to see a full revamp of the game's core mechanics when we get a sequel. Guilty Gear STRIVE is by all accounts a huge departure from the Xrd subseries, so ArcSys are no stranger to majorly mixing things up with their fighting game sequels.

I've been pondering the idea of making an entirely OG Dragon Ball themed sequel (or prequel I guess) as I've been rereading the manga from the beginning. To make it, they'd have to ditch the super-dash mechanic entirely as most characters prior to Z can't fly. I think this mechanic is what's stopping iconic characters like Muten Roshi and Mr. Satan from being included as DLC to the current FighterZ. The only way Roshi could fly is if he had Baby Gamera as a mount, which would look hella awkward. However, high-flying action is what Dragon Ball is all about, though there's plenty of other ways they can recreate the kinds of epic battling without these mechanics.

In terms of characters, I've had a few ideas, but really I'm quite happy with the current roster. Not much more is even needed, as OP said. I'd like to see certain characters like Krillin and Piccolo revamped with more moves introduced in Super, like Krillin's 100x Taiyoken.
Roshi - Yeah, it goes without saying. His moveset can incorporate his unique techniques like his Thunder Shock attack, the Mafuba, and as his Level 3 he destroys the Moon with a MAX Kamehameha, sending shards of rock down on the opponent.
Imperfect Cell - I had some good ideas for how his moveset could be distinct from Perfect Cell. Of course, he'd incorporate his tail into a lot of attacks, and as a Level 3 he'd simply drain his opponent of all life force. He could also use the Makankosappo in midair.
Karin - A weird one, to be sure, but hey, I just finished rereading the RRA arc. The game needs more weird, wacky joke characters, dammit! Karin would be really challenging character to adapt, but he's got some sweet cane moves, the Zanzoken and I've heard that in some games he can summon lightning bolts from the heavens. As his Level 3, he forcefeeds the opponent the Ultra Divine Water.
Android 19 and 20 - I imagine them as a true tag-team character. You could swap out between 19 and 20 at will (the one you're currently not playing as will always be hovering in the background). Their fighting style of course revolves around absorbing energy.
Cabba - Yeah, there's not much Cabba can do that Vegeta can't, but he has a vertical Final Flash?
Tapion - Although I love Tapion, I'm not sure what they could really do to differentiate him from Trunks. Maybe he has a unique mechanic where he's constantly fighting off Hildegarn's influence, then eventually he unleashes him in his Level 3?
It was an offbeat idea that would never happen, but I was daydreamed a concept for a completely relaxed Farmer Goku who fights more like a gag character, throwing tractors and radishes at people. Going back to his roots, in a way. There's already way too many Gokus though.

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:05 pm

There's actually a ton of characters I'd like to see added to the FighterZ series of games (which could make it in as Season 3 DLC, FighterZ 2 base game, FighterZ 2 DLC or even FighterZ 3).

SSJ4 Goku
SSJ4 Vegeta
SSJ4 Gogeta
Majin Vegeta
Kid Gohan
Raditz
Dodoria
Zarbon
King Cold
Dr. Gero
Android 19
Dabura
Super Buu
Hercule
Pikkon
Turles
Lord Slug
Super Android 13
Bojack (Full Power)
Tapion
Champa
Cabba
Ribrianne
Trio of Danger
Dispo
King Piccolo
Majuub
Super Baby Vegeta 2
Super 17
Omega Shenron
Towa
Mira

Adding onto the characters that have already been released, plus the recently announced Roshi, this brings us to 74 characters.

Some characters that can be transformations:
SSJ2 & SSG Goku for SSJ Goku
SSJ2 & SSG Vegeta for SSJ Vegeta
SSB KK for SSB Goku
SSBE Vegeta for SSB Vegeta
Vegito and Gogeta would have base form by default, but can go to SSJ and even SSB in a single fight
Monster Form for Zarbon
Gohan Absorbed for Super Buu
SSJ & SSJ2 for Cabba
GoD for Top
Full Power for Jiren

Transforming plays a big role in Dragon Ball, so I do think that the games should reflect that. Would like to see more transformations in FighterZ. Unlike FighterZ 1, I do think transformations should play like in BT and RB, where you can freely transformation if you have enough ki (or revert back to another form).

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:51 pm

Probably Tier:

Pikkon
Tapion
Yi Xing Long

Maybe Tier:

Dabura
Raditz
Garlic Jr.
Meta-Cooler
Bojack
Super Android 13
Super 17
Zarbon
Mr. Satan

Never Happening Tier:

Arale
Yajirobe
Ninja Murasaki
General Blue
Mighty Mask
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:58 pm

I have a feeling they're not making FighterZ 2, not until the next anime sequel comes around. All of the current essential DLC are there, and they're still updating the game. They're not gonna pull a FIFA.