"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed May 27, 2020 9:53 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:08 pm It's a shame the locations for the manga have all been so boring and uncreative.

There appeared to be some hope in the way of the Planet Jung but since then it's been Namek again, Beerus' Planet again, a Hyperbolic Time Chamber again, Yardrat again and more open wastelands on Earth again.

Why can't the series ever introduce a new interesting location?
Honestly, same. Maybe they'll introduce more places after this arc has come to an end. The universe is big, as is the multiverse. Even after Moro is eventually defeated, they could easily write more villains coming from the multiverse for some reason to introduce more places. Given other universes probably look better than Universe 7, I'd like to see on a whole what there places look like.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Thu May 28, 2020 9:10 am

It's annoying that the series has a whole Multiverse to play with and the locations are so unbelievably boring.

Even now it's still just empty wastelands all the time. They don't show any other cities on Earth like they used to, hardly any new planets of significance or other locations.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:10 am It's annoying that the series has a whole Multiverse to play with and the locations are so unbelievably boring.

Even now it's still just empty wastelands all the time. They don't show any other cities on Earth like they used to, hardly any new planets of significance or other locations.
But we got a city battle in BoG and a whole sequence of eps from the Universal Conflict arc

Like isn't that creativity?

Have we seen our dudes fight in jungles? Actual deserts? Not wastelands or purple sky green lands. Some biome with frozen forests? Or better, some planet with relics of an ancient civilization! Imagine them battling in ruins of temples etc! Asteroids are a nice mix of space and surface combat at extremely low gravity. Like the asteroid fields of Star Wars. Not a single asteroid.

Any of you got more ideas? I would love to listen to your creativity.
P O W E R

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu May 28, 2020 2:39 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:05 pm
Xeno Goku Black wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:10 am It's annoying that the series has a whole Multiverse to play with and the locations are so unbelievably boring.

But we got a city battle in BoG and a whole sequence of eps from the Universal Conflict arc

Have we seen our dudes fight in jungles? Actual deserts? Not wastelands or purple sky green lands. Some biome with frozen forests? Or better, some planet with relics of an ancient civilization! Imagine them battling in ruins of temples etc! Asteroids are a nice mix of space and surface combat at extremely low gravity. Like the asteroid fields of Star Wars. Not a single asteroid.

Hm...Let me think...

Maybe some places like amusement parks and luxuriously designed temples. I hope they have more futuristic style places for their next fights in the future. Maybe other universes have other things that Universe 7 doesn't, so their biomes and such look different. There needs to be variety and they should make each universe's biomes and civilisations look different compared to ours.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:00 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:39 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Hm...Let me think...

Maybe some places like amusement parks and luxuriously designed temples. I hope they have more futuristic style places for their next fights in the future. Maybe other universes have other things that Universe 7 doesn't, so their biomes and such look different. There needs to be variety and they should make each universe's biomes and civilisations look different compared to ours.
Yes!

Although I feel like U6 will be the one to be explored first. Subsequently, it being a 'sister-universe' to 7, may mean the very same biomes and locations...

It will be super lame. Unless if we get to see Sadala being a whole lot different since Saiyans are advanced and still there.
P O W E R

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu May 28, 2020 4:49 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:26 pm
Miracles wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:04 pm I don't blame people for wanting Beerus to get involved. He is a cool character.

There are some people that blame Super relies on nostalgia.
Partially Super does rely on nostalgia, true, but they're completey wrong with the statement it only relies on nostalgia.
That doesn't even make sense, apart from the fact they may not like Super from what subjective reason whatsoever.
Whis and Beerus fe are brand new characters from the revival, and they are written quite on point as they are both quite enjoyable and refreshing to be honest with you. And they are considered a major update amongst a big slice of the fandom. Some may not like them or even Super in general. But even if you don't like them, they still don't rely on nostalgia alone. That does not even make the slightest sense from an intellectual point of view. It's completely impossible, because they are (brand) new from 2013 and are not part from the original franchise to begin with.
Well people wrongly say Beerus and Whis are"nostalgic" because they are in a timeless title, Dragonball.
People really need to stop using that overused word cause Dragonball is something that will always be in the present.
The Undying wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:29 pm
Miracles wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:04 pm I don't blame people for wanting Beerus to get involved. He is a cool character.
If people want a story to potentially involve their favorite character, that's okay. If people act like the story is "bad'" because their favorite character isn't involved, that's not okay. That latter line of thinking is why so much pandering fanfiction exists.

It's the biggest difference between the manga's Tournament of Power, which largely had a focused, almost constantly progressing plot, and the anime's version, which had dozens of pointless episodes featuring the Pokemon of the week that contributed nothing to the setting or overall narrative.

Writers should always tell the story they want to tell.
Amen. I'm all for the writers doing what they want. Not bringing in characters for fanservice that doesn't serve any purpose for the story. If Goku and Vegeta are suppose to grow what is the point of having Beerus smoke Moro? We just had them last arc needing a life saver in fusion now people want a repeat? I'm sorry we need meaningful developments leaving this arc.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Thu May 28, 2020 6:08 pm

It's not even the places that they fight. I can understand why they fight on wastelands but other than that there's hardly any interesting environments.

We don't see any other parts of West City or Satan City. No other cities or towns or villages.

Whenever they go to other planets it's still boring to look at like Namek. They don't have any interesting planets with unique architecture.

Someone mentioned how they fought in a city when he fought Beerus but that was a handful of pages. The Tournament of Power arena was just a big spinning top with a black background.

The next arc needs to have them go to another planet with a completely different look and fight in places other than wastelands.

One Piece excels at this.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri May 29, 2020 3:25 am

Yeah, I kinda hate the wastelands too, but to be fair at this level of power, these characters shouldn't be fighting across several kilometers anyway. Whole planets should be their battleground.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun May 31, 2020 4:55 am

Draconic wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:25 am Yeah, I kinda hate the wastelands too, but to be fair at this level of power, these characters shouldn't be fighting across several kilometers anyway. Whole planets should be their battleground.
This is something that really irks me with the fights atm.. they should be fighting like Beerus and Champa did in the manga, but instead we're stuck with characters who are practically gods fighting on a puny space rock. The damn weakness of not being able to survive in space is a real hindrance, and I was hoping it was gonna be overcome when they showed how big of a weakness it was earlier when Moro flew off into space and all Goku and Vegeta could do was wait.

Jean0987654321
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jean0987654321 » Sun May 31, 2020 6:09 am

I smell a return of Gogeta in this arc... :think:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun May 31, 2020 8:50 am

Jean0987654321 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:09 am I smell a return of Gogeta in this arc... :think:
Better not, that would only cement them as cowards relying on Fusion whenever there is ANY threat.
If after all the trainings they still won't be able to beat Moro on their own, then it would just be a waste of multiple chapters.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun May 31, 2020 1:24 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:50 am
Jean0987654321 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:09 am I smell a return of Gogeta in this arc... :think:
Better not, that would only cement them as cowards relying on Fusion whenever there is ANY threat.
If after all the trainings they still won't be able to beat Moro on their own, then it would just be a waste of multiple chapters.
It seems like Merus is likely to take care of things, which is just as bad if not worse than fusion being used. If either of these happen, this entire arc will be ruined for me.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun May 31, 2020 1:27 pm

Please no fusion, please no fusion, please no Merus intervening, please no Merus intervening! I don't want that! Save fusion and an angelic death from any of the angels for a later arc! Not now when Goku and Vegeta with some assistance from others can deal with the threat.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun May 31, 2020 1:29 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:27 pm Please no fusion, please no fusion, please no Merus intervening, please no Merus intervening! I don't want that! Save fusion and an angelic death from any of the angels for a later arc! Not now when Goku and Vegeta with some assistance from others can deal with the threat.
A team up between Goku, Vegeta, and Buu has been perfectly set up, but I think it's safe to say they'll do the most anti-climactic thing instead.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun May 31, 2020 1:34 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:29 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:27 pm Please no fusion, please no fusion, please no Merus intervening, please no Merus intervening! I don't want that! Save fusion and an angelic death from any of the angels for a later arc! Not now when Goku and Vegeta with some assistance from others can deal with the threat.
A team up between Goku, Vegeta, and Buu has been perfectly set up, but I think it's safe to say they'll do the most anti-climactic thing instead.
I have doubts Moro would even give them the chance to fuse given how pragmatic he is, and Whis is legit watching Merus's every move, so I'm doubting Merus would get the chance to get involved. Whis seems pretty adamant about keeping Merus alive and I doubt he's going to allow a goat to get in the way of his promise to his father.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun May 31, 2020 1:48 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:34 pmI have doubts Moro would even give them the chance to fuse given how pragmatic he is, and Whis is legit watching Merus's every move, so I'm doubting Merus would get the chance to get involved. Whis seems pretty adamant about keeping Merus alive and I doubt he's going to allow a goat to get in the way of his promise to his father.
I hope you're right because other than fusion, this would be the worst outcome possible. This arc has been running for over a year, with Buu's sealing ability being built up, followed by Goku's control of UI, and finally Vegeta's new technique. If you're going to spend a year building up plot points, I expect you to deliver on them.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun May 31, 2020 2:25 pm

I don't think fusion is an option. Not only because Moro wouldn't let it happen and because it would take a whole chapter of the usual Vegeta saying the last time they fused was the last time ever and Goku trying to change his mind talking about Bulma and Trunks, bla bla. But mainly because it would be such a stomp, more than overkill. Spirit Control/Sign Gogeta/Vegito is way too much.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 31, 2020 2:29 pm

The finishing combo should be Moro getting kicked in the balls and when his mouth opens wide to scream someone should shove a ki blast down it so that he explodes from the inside. You can't train your organs!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun May 31, 2020 3:03 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:25 pm I don't think fusion is an option. Not only because Moro wouldn't let it happen and because it would take a whole chapter of the usual Vegeta saying the last time they fused was the last time ever and Goku trying to change his mind talking about Bulma and Trunks, bla bla. But mainly because it would be such a stomp, more than overkill. Spirit Control/Sign Gogeta/Vegito is way too much.
Not to mention, for Vegito to appear Shin would need to come down and give them the earings, which could result in his death seeing as Moro would kill him on sight or try to at least. Gogeta legit just appeared in the movie not too long ago and Vegito was in the Zamasu/Future Trunks arc. It seems a bit too soon to bring back either fusion.

While Gogeta and Vegito with UI and Spirit Control would look badass, I doubt that much is needed to put Moro in his grave. And if for some BS reason Moro is stronger than that, than you might as well just have Beerus do something at that point because it would be getting ridiculous at that rate and would ruin the arc.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun May 31, 2020 3:05 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:29 pm The finishing combo should be Moro getting kicked in the balls and when his mouth opens wide to scream someone should shove a ki blast down it so that he explodes from the inside. You can't train your organs!
This is probably the funniest thing I've read all year. :lol: :clap: