A couple or one sided romance?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Re: A couple or one sided romance?

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sat May 09, 2020 1:56 pm

. . . You literally posted this pic twice now on the same page.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat May 09, 2020 5:26 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:56 pm
why? jealousy is proof of a person's insecurities and not of a romantic attraction ..
I'm not saying it's proof. I'm saying it suggests it. Compare that to Tien and Chiaotzu where there's literally nothing about them that suggests it. And insecurity and romantic attraction are not mutually exclusive.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat May 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:26 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:56 pm
why? jealousy is proof of a person's insecurities and not of a romantic attraction ..
I'm not saying it's proof. I'm saying it suggests it. Compare that to Tien and Chiaotzu where there's literally nothing about them that suggests it. And insecurity and romantic attraction are not mutually exclusive.
I could say the same thing about bald men, having no interest in relating to others ... despite meeting goku and the others

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 09, 2020 7:16 pm

The romantic tension between Tenshinhan and Chaozu is so thick that one can cut it with a knife. The pain and torture they felt during the battle with Nappa is the greatest culmination of their love.

It's okay to read cartoon characters as queer. Gay is good.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sat May 09, 2020 10:05 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:16 pm The romantic tension between Tenshinhan and Chaozu is so thick that one can cut it with a knife. The pain and torture they felt during the battle with Nappa is the greatest culmination of their love.

You are clearly projecting things that arent there.

Witty User Name
Banned

Post by Witty User Name » Sun May 10, 2020 1:22 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:05 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:16 pm The romantic tension between Tenshinhan and Chaozu is so thick that one can cut it with a knife. The pain and torture they felt during the battle with Nappa is the greatest culmination of their love.

You are clearly projecting things that arent there.
I think she was being sarcastic. :think:

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sun May 10, 2020 8:38 am

The difference with Kale is Caulifla had to reassure Kale that there was no way she’d fall for someone like Cabba. That at least IMPLIES romantic jealousy.

Also, no one said you can’t read animated characters as “queer” on this forum. Stop manufacturing drama where none exists here please and thank you.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 am

We're at five pages of back and forth "THEY'RE NOT GAY STOP MENTIONING THE GAYS OH GOD" and "LOL, they're so gay trust me I'm a professional". It's very clear to me that cishet fans feel threatened by the queer theorizing of Dragon Ball. I'm really sorry someone else's fun is a problem for you.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Witty User Name
Banned

Post by Witty User Name » Mon May 11, 2020 12:22 am

Kataphrut wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:29 am
Witty User Name wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:44 am
JulieYBM wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:53 am

The dialogue of the characters. Caulifla refers to Kale as her subordinate, not her little sister. There's still a dynamic of sisterhood between the two but it's not related by blood.
It's just my interpretation, but I think Kale is just a really insecure and weak person (almost a caricature of it, really) who looks up to Caulifla as a ''strong'' type of person. I don't see any reason why they should not be regarded as sisters by blood just by the way Kale behaves. I also don't see the ''subordination'' thing, although I may me misremembering the anime (it's been a while).
No, the reason they shouldn't be regarded as sisters by blood is because they ain't sisters by blood. Remember, Caulifla has a brother, Cabba's master who told him to recruit her. He said his sister was incredibly powerful, he didn't mention having two.

Kale calling Caulifla "sis" is meant to be a gang thing. Caulifla doesn't call Kale her sister, she calls her protoge.
OK, I didn't remember this. Thank you.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Wed May 27, 2020 7:12 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:05 pmYou are clearly projecting things that arent there.
It's what they do.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat May 30, 2020 2:06 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:12 pm
Sadala Elite wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:05 pmYou are clearly projecting things that arent there.
It's what they do.
Who's "they"?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

God
Banned

Post by God » Sat May 30, 2020 5:01 am

Kale and Caulifla have a familial relationship, with Kale referring to he directly as "sis" multiple times throughout the story.

I don't support incest. :thumbdown:

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sat May 30, 2020 8:39 am

God wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:01 am Kale and Caulifla have a familial relationship, with Kale referring to he directly as "sis" multiple times throughout the story.

They are not related at all. Kale calls Caulifla sis out of affection.

God
Banned

Post by God » Sat May 30, 2020 8:52 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:39 am
God wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:01 am Kale and Caulifla have a familial relationship, with Kale referring to he directly as "sis" multiple times throughout the story.

Never said they were related by blood, just that it's the kind of relationship they have. Kale sees Caulifla as her older sister.

Maybe I'm the weird one here, but I never call my significant other "sis" :wtf: :wtf: apparently this is normal for all these people shipping Kale with Caulifla.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 30, 2020 10:06 am

God wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:52 am

Never said they were related by blood, just that it's the kind of relationship they have. Kale sees Caulifla as her older sister.

Maybe I'm the weird one here, but I never call my significant other "sis" :wtf: :wtf: apparently this is normal for all these people shipping Kale with Caulifla.
Ane-san and aniki are how gangsters refer to their boss, a big brother or big sister figure. It's not incest.

....not that incest play isn't hawt.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

God
Banned

Post by God » Sat May 30, 2020 10:16 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:06 am
God wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:52 am

....not that incest play isn't hawt.
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: Kale sees Caulifla as her older sister that saved her from a bad situation, stop inserting your sick fantasies into their relationship and get the help you deserve.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 30, 2020 10:25 am

God wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:16 am :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: Kale sees Caulifla as her older sister that saved her from a bad situation, stop inserting your sick fantasies into their relationship and get the help you deserve.
Thank you for your kind words. I hope you have a great day and the weather in your neighborhood is nice and pleasant.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

God
Banned

Post by God » Sat May 30, 2020 10:28 am

It's a sad day for KalexCaulifla shippers, they're admitting they only pair the two because they're into incest :sick:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:50 am

Plenty of people use the words "bro" and "sis" in my school. It's just a friendly term used in a casual way, it doesn't mean you actually consider that person to be your older sibling. I don't think there's anything that deep about Kale calling Caulifla "sis".

God
Banned

Post by God » Sat May 30, 2020 11:06 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:50 am Plenty of people use the words "bro" and "sis" in my school.
Kale isn't from your school though. She's a fictional character who had her horrible life saved by Caulifla who took her in, and now Kale views her as an older sister and is extremely grateful for what she's done. Kale calling Caulifla "sis" is her showing respect and also how Kale views Caulifla, as a sister.

Anything else is just your own sick fantasies of wanting to see incest in Dragon Ball :sick: