"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun May 31, 2020 3:14 pm

Also Merus getting involved would require Whis either allowing him or being dumb enough to not keep his eyes on Merus. Which would be out of character seeing as Whis is intelligent and not known for making stupid decisions like this.

Whis would sooner jump off the edge of the multiverse before he allows Merus to get involved.

Seriously, from Whis's dialogue, he's pretty stuck in his roots about the idea of Merus getting involved and preventing it at all costs. Even if Merus tried to sidestep him(how do you sidestep someone like WHIS anyhow?) Whis isn't dumb enough to fall for it and would keep Merus at square one. I feel the issue with Merus pulling a sacrifice is because Whis is hovering over his shoulder.

Even if Merus felt the need to interfere, what the hell can he do while Whis watching? I feel if they keep Merus alive that during future threats, Whis's presence is going to be a problem. Merus can't do jack while Whis is watching, Whis would probably knock Merus unconscious if he tried running away
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:59 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:14 pm Also Merus getting involved would require Whis either allowing him or being dumb enough to not keep his eyes on Merus. Which would be out of character seeing as Whis is intelligent and not known for making stupid decisions like this.

Whis would sooner jump off the edge of the multiverse before he allows Merus to get involved.

Seriously, from Whis's dialogue, he's pretty stuck in his roots about the idea of Merus getting involved and preventing it at all costs. Even if Merus tried to sidestep him(how do you sidestep someone like WHIS anyhow?) Whis isn't dumb enough to fall for it and would keep Merus at square one. I feel the issue with Merus pulling a sacrifice is because Whis is hovering over his shoulder.

Even if Merus felt the need to interfere, what the hell can he do while Whis watching? I feel if they keep Merus alive that during future threats, Whis's presence is going to be a problem. Merus can't do jack while Whis is watching, Whis would probably knock Merus unconscious if he tried running away
If Angels are truly immortal, as is stated, then they can’t be knocked unconscious. Just look at Kid Buu and Future Zamasu. Even if the last subatomic particle of their body is destroyed, heck even the smoke that’s left! They can literally revive themselves out of absolute nothingness. That is the power of absolute immortality. The only way an “Angel” could ever “die”, is for them to break the Angel code and thereby self destruct. It must be a part of their internal mathematical coding. Like, you could live forever as long as you abide by the rules!

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:57 pm

Something legendary happened in the latest chapter that nobody ever brings up..

VEGETA HAD HIS FIRST CONVERSATION WITH 18 SINCE THE ANDROID SAGA!

Very small conversation, but still something. Even called her by her name instead of just referring to her as "Android". Wow!

Okay but seriously, the latest chapter was pretty good. Can't wait for the next one.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:10 am

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:10 am Image
the 4 main key players in this saga (No Majin Boo) not saying this hints at anything but maybe those merus sacrifice theories could be a real thing

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:17 pm

I hope to god they don't go with the angelic sacrifice, at least not this damn arc. Honestly I doubt Whis would let Merus do jack while he's there and I'd rather this be a fight against the Z warriors and the ancient psychopathic evil that has been a pain in their backs for a while.

Also, please NO fusion(we legit just had Gogeta and Vegito was in the spotlight during the Zamasu arc before he fizzed out due op how op he was. Honestly I'd rather they make new fusions instead of other characters instead in the future) I also feel Merus getting involved would be anti climatic, especially since Merus could snap Moro's neck like paper given how OP angels are.

Look, if they're gonna kill off an angel, could they please save it for another threat and could they please do it in a way where it isn't an instant neck snap? I mean, if any of the angels felt compelled to do something, that person would get their necks wrung out like towel. Whis could legit tap his finger on a desk and the planet would turn into atoms.

Personally, would rather they save Merus for another arc, and better yet, take a break from Beerus and Whis while we're at. Just move them out of the spotlight until they're needed and have it be in a later arc.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:49 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:17 pmI hope to god they don't go with the angelic sacrifice. Also, please NO fusion.
I don't want to be one of those fans who say "if X,Y, & Z don't happen, I'm never watching/reading this again", but how many times can one be disappointed before realizing the current writers are just too incompetent to learn from their mistakes ? If they screw up this arc's ending, I'm honestly going to stop giving them the benefit of the doubt, and just assume that like everything post BOG, whatever they're working on will end up being disappointing in one way or another.

The problem with Merus is that Toyotaro probably wants his creation to have an important role in DB's overall history. A common mistake I've noticed made by some writers is turning the main cast into idiots to make the new character look good. This for me is the absolute worst kind of writing, as it shows a clear lack of creativity on the writer's side. There's nothing more insulting than seeing classic characters get walked on in favor of some new nobody taking the glory. It wouldn't be as bad if Merus was an interesting and fun character to have around, but he isn't.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:11 am

Nobody thinks Vegeta will win do they?
Ironic how the most straightforward conclusion is seen as less likely because Dragon Ball drilled plot twists at every turn into us.

Merus plot can be carried on into another arc, it doesn't need to be solved now. We still know very little about Angels, he could be the gateway to this part of the story which carries unexplored.

This of course expecting the character actually has future.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:10 am

LightBing wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:11 am Ironic how the most straightforward conclusion is seen as less likely because Dragon Ball drilled plot twists at every turn into us.
A plot twist should be something surprising and exciting, what modern DB has been doing is just bad writing most of the time. Having Merus take care of Moro is the absolute worst thing they can do. They've already set up Vegeta's new technique, Goku's control over UI, and Buu's sealing ability. Why not have those 3 work together instead to take him down ?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:59 am

Man at least give Moro some transformation to make him less boring :lol:

I would like some villain with interesting henchmen, for example, I think that Bojack and his underlings is pretty good and pretty much forgotten vilain as I like this old shonen formula of getting trough strong enemies to meet the final villain - Fist Of The North Star and Saint Seiya says hello. I have actually liked the Tournament of Power Battle Royale formula with teams by ten warriors, it was interesting and I have really enjoyed the anime at that time...

Moro so far is just cross between Piccolo Daimao and Buu, being this ancient villain, who was old but got rejuvenated and has limitless power because he absorbs so at least for the sake of rehashes, make him transform.
Sacrificing Merus will piss me off, I like that character. make him break to rules for Zeno or some higher up to realize something touching about the world and change the status quo.

We are at point that there is like two or how many few planets with life in Universe 7 and the creators are pushing themselves into corner with recent developments as there really is nothing to explore anymore, besides of that Makaioshin tidbit from interview aeons ago, which I doubt we will ever see outside of the claim that they are just ''negative'' Kaioshin and move along... also, we kinda had that with Zamasu already him being Kaioshin gone evil.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:47 am

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:59 am Man at least give Moro some transformation to make him less boring :lol:

I would like some villain with interesting henchmen, for example, I think that Bojack and his underlings is pretty good and pretty much forgotten vilain as I like this old shonen formula of getting trough strong enemies to meet the final villain - Fist Of The North Star and Saint Seiya says hello. I have actually liked the Tournament of Power Battle Royale formula with teams by ten warriors, it was interesting and I have really enjoyed the anime at that time...

Moro so far is just cross between Piccolo Daimao and Buu, being this ancient villain, who was old but got rejuvenated and has limitless power because he absorbs so at least for the sake of rehashes, make him transform.
Sacrificing Merus will piss me off, I like that character. make him break to rules for Zeno or some higher up to realize something touching about the world and change the status quo.

We are at point that there is like two or how many few planets with life in Universe 7 and the creators are pushing themselves into corner with recent developments as there really is nothing to explore anymore, besides of that Makaioshin tidbit from interview aeons ago, which I doubt we will ever see outside of the claim that they are just ''negative'' Kaioshin and move along... also, we kinda had that with Zamasu already him being Kaioshin gone evil.
Pretty sure a different aura/him looking younger is viewed as a 'transformation' lol. But yes, you are not incorrect. Let's hope that they will start giving us reasons for why the way things happen rn is the best course of action. Or they simply want to be over with it. End the Moro arc and boom. No more DragonBall. That's also possible.

Or they may want to set the ground for us to finally get a trip to another universe for this reason? Sadala arc? Dunno fr
P O W E R

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:59 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:47 am Or they may want to set the ground for us to finally get a trip to another universe for this reason? Sadala arc? Dunno fr
I am afraid that Sadala will be another lose end and fans wishing of Dragon Ball franchise.
It will be another Ledgic and I hope to see you again, Pan getting SSJ in GT, Namekian Book of Legends, how Pilaf turned to kid or Goten and Trunks' adventures on 17's island and them grow up designwise...

At least we have seen some bits of Sadala during the introductions of Kale and Kefla :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:33 am

I agree with the statement that Merus killing himself would make this arc a downer. There is NO reason for it and I feel that an angel death should saved for a later arc. Honestly I feel Moro shouldn't even come to that and that they can handle this threat on their own.

I actually like Merus and feel killing him off would be dumb. Honestly if they don't stupidly kill him off, they could easily save him for a later arc. In that case, I'd rather they use the fact Merus has no universe and that Whis's promise come into effect in a future arc. I'd rather they sacrifice another angel instead and have Merus take their place so he can have something to do.

Sounds a lot less predictable and better than Merus killing himself against someone Beerus hakai if he felt like it

Seriously, even if Merus wanted to jump in, what can he do while Whis is watching? I'd rather after Moro's defeated that they take a break from Beerus and Whis, and have Whis train Merus to be more neutral if he isn't killed off. They can expand the multiverse while they're at it since I think Moro has drained Universe 7 of most of its life anyhow.

I feel Vegeta will get cocky and before he can kill Moro off, 7-3 ruins everything because Vegeta has no idea who he is and fails.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:03 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:33 am I feel Vegeta will get cocky and before he can kill Moro off, 7-3 ruins everything because Vegeta has no idea who he is and fails.
This is what I feel will happen as well, although Vegeta will probably do better against Moro than Goku does - maybe weakening him enough to be sealed again? And then Goku jumps in and defeats 7-3, who's using Vegeta's stolen technique. I'm not sure where Beerus or the angels would fit into that, though, as it's been heavily implied last chapter that something's going to happen with them.

I like Merus as well to be honest, I sincerely hope they don't get rid of him this arc. If they don't, I doubt he'll turn up much in any future stuff, but it'll be nice to know he's still around and kicking.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:53 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:10 am Image
Translation by MShadows from Naruto Forums

"The battle for the fate of the Earth commences! The Ultimate Full Power!!"
Stand against the most atrocious all out power that surpasses even the Gods!

- Finding himself in a dire situation, Vegeta rushes towards Goku's side! It's time to show the results of your training!
- Defeat the overwhelmingly strong Moro, who powered himself up via energy absorption!"

Again being emphasized the fact that Moro overcomes the power of the gods

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:56 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:53 amAgain being emphasized the fact that Moro overcomes the power of the gods
They throw those words around so causally it's hard to tell if they're just hyping someone up or if that's actually how strong they are.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:02 pm

I agree with MCDaveG honestly.

There are like less than handful of decent planets with life on them in Universe 7. They'll probably have to take us to other universes in order to keep the enemies rolling, because I doubt after Moro's defeated they will be anyone other than Frieza running around to be a decent enemy, and even then Freeza seems more focused on rebuilding his empire than he does in fights at the moment.

Can the people Moro's killed even be revived with the normal dragon balls anyhow? Like he's legit absorbed them...I'm not sure if they can even be brought back.

I mean how can we explore anything in Universe 7 when its all dead? Earth, Yardrat and maybe another few planets if we're being generous, are the only places that haven't been devastated by Moro. Even when Moro's dead, what the hell are they gonna do about all the dead people he's killed? He's killed trillions, they'd need to go straight for the Super Dragon Balls to reverse the damage.

At least the multiverse exists.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:06 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:56 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:53 amAgain being emphasized the fact that Moro overcomes the power of the gods
They throw those words around so causally it's hard to tell if they're just hyping someone up or if that's actually how strong they are.
I've heard people say "I've surpassed the gods" so many fucking times its not even a badass boast. Its legit like. "Oh? Can you like prove it? I've heard the past villians say that(ZAMASU)" Like seriously, people need to start saying better shit than 'I've surpassed the gods and bla bla bla'.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:17 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:56 am
Yeah, using the word '' Gods '' at this point is quite vague considering the number of Gods that exist in DB, but I assume that this is due to Moro's lack of knowledge about more powerful entities like the Gods of Destruction. But considering the level demonstrated by him, I believe that Toyo's generalization refers to the fact that de Moro surpassed the technique of the Gods (Ultra Instinct), so he is above beings in this tier, especially if we use the premise that except for Beerus, the next enemy is always stronger than the previous one.

So for me this is like Moro > Broly and Jiren

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:01 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:59 am how Pilaf turned to kid
For this one we actually got an answer. I don't remember what DBS chapter it was (I think it was like an addendum to a chapter), but when the androids where terrorizing the world, Gohan gathered the DBs and was about to wish for something important but the Pilaf Gang asked to be young again before him, and then Piccolo was killed somewhere.

And the power of the gods thing, to me is just to vaguely put Moro on a hakaishin level, which he must be. Toyo could've easily told us Moro is stronger than this and that hakaishin(we've met at least 3 up close), so they are probably saving accuracy for later but for now all we can say is he is somewhere up there with Jiren, ToP MUI, Broly, fusion, Beerus, Quitela and some other hakaishin.