"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noitsnothim
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:39 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:27 am If it truly is Wheelo, I must give them props for being creative by visiting so old concepts and drawing ideas out of them.

Or course they can be creative by just introducing entirely new stuff, however it sounds plausible for him to be Wheelo. When does the mission release?
Mid June...? I believe

also
what does his Bio say?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:16 pm

I have to imagine this has been covered before, and someone please chime in if I don't have it, but:

A mysterious scientist who works on a plan with Fu in Hell; he is intelligent and arrogant.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:32 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:27 am If it truly is Wheelo, I must give them props for being creative by visiting so old concepts and drawing ideas out of them.

Or course they can be creative by just introducing entirely new stuff, however it sounds plausible for him to be Wheelo. When does the mission release?
June 18th, i saw it on twitter and there was a banner of the official site, don't know why so late though, it's gonna be really close to what should be leaks from next mission but i guess this means everything will be set back a month.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:06 am

Dragotaker wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:32 pm June 18th, i saw it on twitter and there was a banner of the official site, don't know why so late though, it's gonna be really close to what should be leaks from next mission but i guess this means everything will be set back a month.
You think it may have something to do with the global pandemic going on? Maybe?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:13 am

Are all these new attacks for the characters? I particularly like the Xenk/CC Goku combo.

https://youtu.be/cSh4_TlHplI
P O W E R

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:34 am

Here's some spoilers (couldn't find the manga thread so I post it here) https://dragonballhype.com/2020/06/03/s ... -spoilers/

Can anyone translate what the Doctor and Fu are saying? @9:22 https://youtu.be/OSskg_s5KFM?t=562

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:51 am

DNA wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:31 pm And you claim that based on... What exactly? Your hunch?
That claw appendage he has looks suspiciously similar to his mechanical form's hands, the red eye, the fact that he's grouped with movie and non-canon villains...

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:42 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:51 am
DNA wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:31 pm And you claim that based on... What exactly? Your hunch?
That claw appendage he has looks suspiciously similar to his mechanical form's hands, the red eye, the fact that he's grouped with movie and non-canon villains...
All good points, still, it's just a theory. I'm also on the side of hoping it's Uiro, but knowing the turn Heroes took lately, I'm keeping my hopes down.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:00 pm

DNA wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:06 am
Dragotaker wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:32 pm June 18th, i saw it on twitter and there was a banner of the official site, don't know why so late though, it's gonna be really close to what should be leaks from next mission but i guess this means everything will be set back a month.
You think it may have something to do with the global pandemic going on? Maybe?
I was talking about how instead of releasing it in the first two weeks of the month like usual we are gonna to wait more time for something that was supposed to be released like 3 weeks ago, afaik japan ended their quarantine pretty much everywhere in the country at the start of June so if anything i though they would try to catch up and release as soon as they could.

btw chill with you snarky comments dude, they are in poor taste and is not the first time you are a jerk to other people for no reason here.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:24 am

Dragotaker wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:00 pm I was talking about how instead of releasing it in the first two weeks of the month like usual we are gonna to wait more time for something that was supposed to be released like 3 weeks ago, afaik japan ended their quarantine pretty much everywhere in the country at the start of June so if anything i though they would try to catch up and release as soon as they could.
Yes, and I was talking about the really hard to ignore global pandemic that caused most countries to quarantine and thus production of pretty much everything to slow down. But I guess you really need your cards.

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Most of the BM2 cards are up on Carddass now, including the URs.
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh_bm/car ... ory=418114

Towa's motivation in this saga seems to be pretty clear, given her ability this mission roughly translates to 'Rebuilding the Demon Realm'.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 pm

ShadowVezon wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:13 pm Most of the BM2 cards are up on Carddass now, including the URs.
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh_bm/car ... ory=418114

Towa's motivation in this saga seems to be pretty clear, given her ability this mission roughly translates to 'Rebuilding the Demon Realm'.
Honestly that's getting pretty old lol I thought BBM was supposed to be Fu's story? why did they bring back his mom .-.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:27 pm

Because Towa is a part of Fu's story. :D

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:08 pm

is that Towa even the same who sent baby Fu right after Mechikabura was defeated? if she is then where are Mira and Fin? now because of the manga we know some of the other demons are still alive, i wonder if they will return with Demigra again, really wanted to see the continuation of that arc before Mechakibura came and mess up everything.

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexFili » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:48 am

I do quite like this game. It's perhaps not as polished as the other main games but the number of characters is good plus it's quite easy on the pc specs. Would definitely love to see more extra characters and other games like this going forward. Maybe some more tactical style games?
=
Singer, Swordfighter and Livestreamer

Like Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for GBC? Check out our Wordpress site which contains all the Character Focus articles and Let's Play Video Links! http://legendarysuperwarriors.wordpress.com/
=

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:50 pm

I'm still waiting for heroes to adapt the galactic patrol prisoner saga from the Super Manga (I wonder what's taking so long)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:04 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:50 pm I'm still waiting for heroes to adapt the galactic patrol prisoner saga from the Super Manga (I wonder what's taking so long)
What do you mean you're "still" waiting? The arc is still going on in the manga. I don't very closely follow all of the individual updates within a particular series of the arcade game, but is there any precedent for them starting to adapt events of a source material's arc that is still on-going in its original medium?

Just seems like a really weird thing to be impatient about.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Locust
Beyond Newbie

Post by Locust » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:14 pm

AlexFili wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:48 amMaybe some more tactical style games?
I've been wanting a tactical RPG based on Dragon Ball, à la Final Fantasy Tactics, for years
"I just wanna punch god in the face"
My English can be weak, please forgive mistakes/confusingly phrased sentences
Letterboxd

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:31 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:04 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:50 pm I'm still waiting for heroes to adapt the galactic patrol prisoner saga from the Super Manga (I wonder what's taking so long)
What do you mean you're "still" waiting? The arc is still going on in the manga. I don't very closely follow all of the individual updates within a particular series of the arcade game, but is there any precedent for them starting to adapt events of a source material's arc that is still on-going in its original medium?

They did it for ToP if I recall correctly, promoting the arc as it was going on by releasing characters. Even without Moro, Heroes could tease the final fight by releasing the prisoners that fought beforehand.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:08 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:31 pm
VegettoEX wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:04 pm

They did it for ToP if I recall correctly, promoting the arc as it was going on by releasing characters. Even without Moro, Heroes could tease the final fight by releasing the prisoners that fought beforehand.
Pretty sure they covered from way back, i know because i have seen all the trailers multiple times, from the BoG movie and everything that came after that in the Super anime and then later the Broly movie, if a Super sequel does happen then i can see them covering the whole Moro arc at the very beginning or maybe after Broly if they decide to go that route again, then surely Heroes will also cover what happens in the anime alongside their current own story until is over.