Does Super Sayain God White exist?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Does Super Sayain God White exist?

Post by Young-Jah » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:47 pm

When Toriyama stated in a interview with V-Jump that he originally wanted the Super Sayain God form to be white, but kept the concept for a color clashed with a new enemy later on, many people fought that Goku Black/Zamasu was the color clashed enemy, or that Mastered Ultra Instinct was the rumour Super Sayain God White form.

However, that never happened.

Does that mean that Toriyama's interview statement was false?

Does Super Sayain God White, SSW (Super Sayain White) actually exist, or no? :?: :think:

It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Does Super Sayain God White exist?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 pm

When Toriyama said that? Maybe he simply forgot that or changed his mind. I don't think he meant UI (there is no such thing as MUI, small reminder) or fused Zamasu because SSJG debuted in BoG movie which was years before those two and DBS wasn't even planned back then to begin with.

It kinda does exists, since Baby Vegeta had white haired SSJ. So far, that's the only "SSJ White" existing.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:17 pm

If I recall correctly Toriyama made that statement around the conclusion of the U6 arc. It indeed came to pass, because the main villain of the following arc had white hair.

The closest thing to Super Saiyan White would be Fused Zamasu, who was in a perennial state of Super Saiyan Rose (due to Black being in that form when he fused), but having white hair due to Zamasu genes. The rainbow aura around him even looks like something a Super Saiyan White would have:

I suppose you could also consider Ultra Instinct as being "Super Saiyan White"? But again I am not certain if it is a Saiyan-exclusive appearance… I am pretty sure anyone would have white hair if they mastered UI, saiyan or not (I imagine MUI 17 would have white hair, for example).

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:19 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 pm When Toriyama said that? Maybe he simply forgot that or changed his mind. I don't think he meant UI (there is no such thing as MUI, small reminder) or fused Zamasu because SSJG debuted in BoG movie which was years before those two and DBS wasn't even planned back then to begin with.

It kinda does exists, since Baby Vegeta had white haired SSJ. So far, that's the only "SSJ White" existing.
https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations ... b-version/

It was when he started doing RoF.
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:58 am

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Fused Zamasu. He went as far as to say that Goku and Vegeta would've learned to work together and teamed up to take him down...before Toyotaro pushed for Vegetto instead to satisfy the fans, throwing potential character development out the window.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:36 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:58 am I'm pretty sure he was talking about Fused Zamasu. He went as far as to say that Goku and Vegeta would've learned to work together and teamed up to take him down...before Toyotaro pushed for Vegetto instead to satisfy the fans, throwing potential character development out the window.
Yeah that's how I interpreted it. I get the feeling 'Super Saiyan White' was simply discarded because of Fused Zamasu, then somewhat revisited in spirit with Ultra Instinct. It's interesting because Toriyama's sketch of Ultra Instinct is literally just a white palette swap of his original Super Saiyan God artwork, which gives me a feeling that he had it on the backburner for much longer than we know.

And yeah, it's funny when people talk about the Super plot outline by Toriyama as the only true canon, yet both Toyotaro and Toei actively went against it to bring Vegetto back when he really wasn't needed.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:14 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:58 am I'm pretty sure he was talking about Fused Zamasu. He went as far as to say that Goku and Vegeta would've learned to work together and teamed up to take him down...before Toyotaro pushed for Vegetto instead to satisfy the fans, throwing potential character development out the window.
They team up in the TOP against Jiren so no charcters development was lost asked any team Vegeta agrees to fuse is character development.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:40 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:14 amThey team up in the TOP against Jiren so no charcters development was lost.
That's your idea of a team up ? They weren't even working together, each one was pretty much attacking on their own. A team up that shows they've learned to work together would have them communicating and coordinating their attacks, like what Goku and Freeza did to take Jiren down.
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:14 amVegeta agrees to fuse is character development.
It was development the first time around in the Buu arc, but not in Super. Goku having to convince him a second time (Zamasu) and a third time (Broly) is just going over ground that was already covered. Vegeta being the one to suggest the fusion like in GT is what they should've done, as that would show Vegeta had develop past having to be convinced to now being the one calling for it.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:00 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:40 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:14 amThey team up in the TOP against Jiren so no charcters development was lost.
That's your idea of a team up ? They weren't even working together, each one was pretty much attacking on their own. A team up that shows they've learned to work together would have them communicating and coordinating their attacks, like what Goku and Freeza did to take Jiren down.
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:14 amVegeta agrees to fuse is character development.
It was development the first time around in the Buu arc, but not in Super. Goku having to convince him a second time (Zamasu) and a third time (Broly) is just going over ground that was already covered. Vegeta being the one to suggest the fusion like in GT is what they should've done, as that would show Vegeta had develop past having to be convinced to now being the one calling for it.
Several team ups have two people working together by just attacking the same person. We have no prove Goku and Vegeta would have fought Zamasu any differently then they fought Jiren or Buu. All Toriyama said was two Ssj blues would beat Zamasu not they would work together.

Both Goku and Vegeta regress fighting wise regardless expect for GT anyway.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:12 am

Young-Jah wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:47 pmDoes SSW (Super Sayain White) actually exist, or no? :?: :think:
In a way, yes, it does. According to V-Jump, "Super Mira" is a transformation that comes from the Saiyans DNA. So you can say that this is Mira's Super Saiyan. Naturally, Fu also has it. This is the closest to a "Super Saiyan White" so far.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:23 am

We called it Super Saiyan 5 back in the day.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:45 pm

I wonder if Gotenks' Super Kamikaze Ghosts also count? :D

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:28 am

It's far too early for that. He said it when he was designing the form for the Revival of F movie, so we're talking about before Super was even greenlit, much less when he had anything planned for it. Likewise, the Future Trunks arc wasn't even his idea to begin with, but something that Toei's higher ups suggested first, so it's even less likely that it had anything to do with Zamasu.

Given what he said and the timing related to it, I think he was actually talking about Freeza, at a time potentially before he had come up with the concept of giving Freeza another form. Toriyama doesn't say that the individual's hair would clash with the white Super Saiyan hair (or that the individual would even have hair, just that their color would conflict with a white-haired form. If it was early into Revival of F's concepts, and he had yet to come up with Freeza having his Golden form, then Freeza's final form would perfectly fit this conflicting color.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:55 am

I think SSJ white would have been a nice twist against Frieza going Gold.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:54 am

Darkprince410 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:28 am
It's far too early for that. He said it when he was designing the form for the Revival of F movie, so we're talking about before Super was even greenlit, much less when he had anything planned for it. Likewise, the Future Trunks arc wasn't even his idea to begin with, but something that Toei's higher ups suggested first, so it's even less likely that it had anything to do with Zamasu.

Given what he said and the timing related to it, I think he was actually talking about Freeza, at a time potentially before he had come up with the concept of giving Freeza another form. Toriyama doesn't say that the individual's hair would clash with the white Super Saiyan hair (or that the individual would even have hair, just that their color would conflict with a white-haired form. If it was early into Revival of F's concepts, and he had yet to come up with Freeza having his Golden form, then Freeza's final form would perfectly fit this conflicting color.
Are you sure the Future Trunks arc wasn't his idea? Because I remember reading an interview with Toriyama and Toyotaro in which the former said he came up with the concept of the arc and its main villain Zamasu.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:51 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:54 am

Are you sure the Future Trunks arc wasn't his idea? Because I remember reading an interview with Toriyama and Toyotaro in which the former said he came up with the concept of the arc and its main villain Zamasu.
From his announcement for the arc:
Next up in Dragon Ball Super, adult Trunks will be putting in his first appearance in a long time! I put together this story based on a suggestion from the editorial office. Like last time, I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.
So, while he came up with the actual material for it, the idea to have such an arc wasn't originally his idea, and therefore, unless he had the idea for Zamasu well ahead of Super even being greenlit, then it wasn't Zamasu he was envisioning when he was coming up with the original design for Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.