"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:48 am

So do you think that it's finally time for the crew to face Fu? Hasn't he stayed in the back, all secure for too long? Or will they pull some kind of Xenoverse stuff and have him live this through?
P O W E R

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:52 am

I think they'll milk Fu for years like they did (and are still doing) with the demons.

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:00 am

He'd just escape through a portal like he always does, and pop up in the next arc with a new outfit.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:19 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:48 am So do you think that it's finally time for the crew to face Fu?
They are focusing on him more this arc so hopefully it will be the final conclusion to him, Towa and Mira if he is still alive.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:37 am

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:04 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:50 pm I'm still waiting for heroes to adapt the galactic patrol prisoner saga from the Super Manga (I wonder what's taking so long)
What do you mean you're "still" waiting? The arc is still going on in the manga. I don't very closely follow all of the individual updates within a particular series of the arcade game, but is there any precedent for them starting to adapt events of a source material's arc that is still on-going in its original medium?

Just seems like a really weird thing to be impatient about.

Heroes always adapts the on going arcs(from the anime atleast) while they’re still being told, and many times completely spoil the story with their animated trailers(a good example is SH5’s animated trailer showed Goku and frieza vs jiren back in July 2017) and they’ve been doing this since the release of BoG movie way back in 2013..

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:50 pm I'm still waiting for heroes to adapt the galactic patrol prisoner saga from the Super Manga (I wonder what's taking so long)
SsjG Vegeta didn't make it into any game despite being a thing in the manga for over a year before he showed up in Broly. It seems like they only adapt animated content. Ssj Black has yet to appear in anything outside the manga as well.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:01 am

I think that SSJ Pan from GT is ages overdue... she can’t be weaker than Goten and Trunks and even rudiculously, Bardock is SSJ (and even two and three nowadays)...

Don’t know what is holding them back among weird things like Baby Janemba or SSJ4 Vegito. This game is outright DBAF fangasm material.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:06 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:01 am I think that SSJ Pan from GT is ages overdue... she can’t be weaker than Goten and Trunks and even rudiculously, Bardock is SSJ (and even two and three nowadays)...

Don’t know what is holding them back among weird things like Baby Janemba or SSJ4 Vegito. This game is outright DBAF fangasm material.

Honestly, I think it’s less lore-related and more marketing. Simply put, female characters don’t garner as much interest (in sales or general) as male characters in a lot of anime/manga, and I don’t think DB is immune to that.

Unfortunately, it’s likely to be a case of not caring enough to make it as the intended market won’t care much for it.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:10 pm

Wilderness wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:06 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:01 am I think that SSJ Pan from GT is ages overdue... she can’t be weaker than Goten and Trunks and even rudiculously, Bardock is SSJ (and even two and three nowadays)...

Honestly, I think it’s less lore-related and more marketing. Simply put, female characters don’t garner as much interest (in sales or general) as male characters in a lot of anime/manga, and I don’t think DB is immune to that.

Unfortunately, it’s likely to be a case of not caring enough to make it as the intended market won’t care much for it.

You are underestimating the influence female characters can have in anime/manga, why do you think the term ''waifu'' exist? now when it comes to shonen it's different because most of the time they are really weak and are there just to be rescued by the MC or stuff like that, that's kinda the problem for Pan imo, she made her proper debut as a warrior in GT when the series was at it's lowest and again was pretty much useless for the entire duration of it, Goten and Trunks became Super Saiyans like nothing but Pan being the same age and all wasn't even in the conversation because for some reason Toriyama didn't know how to a female SS which i don't exactly get but she was completely sabotaged, at least now she is being featured in Heroes current arc but again she is doing nothing and all the enemies are way above her level anyway, makes me think they brought her back for fanservice reasons with that new oufit and look, you know japan things.

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:44 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:10 pm
Wilderness wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:06 pm

You are underestimating the influence female characters can have in anime/manga, why do you think the term ''waifu'' exist? now when it comes to shonen it's different because most of the time they are really weak and are there just to be rescued by the MC or stuff like that, that's kinda the problem for Pan imo, she made her proper debut as a warrior in GT when the series was at it's lowest and again was pretty much useless for the entire duration of it, Goten and Trunks became Super Saiyans like nothing but Pan being the same age and all wasn't even in the conversation because for some reason Toriyama didn't know how to a female SS which i don't exactly get but she was completely sabotaged, at least now she is being featured in Heroes current arc but again she is doing nothing and all the enemies are way above her level anyway, makes me think they brought her back for fanservice reasons with that new oufit and look, you know japan things.

I’m certainly not underestimating it. I will not deny such a market exists at a certain length, but is a niche market by and large - especially in comparison.

Have you visited Japan? Walk through the streets of Akihabara or the hallways and stairways of Nakano Broadway and you will see the figures and merch for your male heroes and villains far exceed the titty-figures and giant cushions of the waifus. I’m not saying the market for these is non-existent, but when it comes to Dragon Ball in particular there is no competition.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twphj9cE_9Y
New PV video!!!
Can someone please translate the dialogues in this? that Dr. W guy seems crazy (His ability is to copy or learn the power of his opponents to use as his own or against them?) I gathered that much from the manga

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:33 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:17 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twphj9cE_9Y
New PV video!!!
Can someone please translate the dialogues in this? that Dr. W guy seems crazy (His ability is to copy or learn the power of his opponents to use as his own or against them?) I gathered that much from the manga
Did i heard right around the 1:50 mark the narrator screams ''climax'' implying BBM2 will be the end of the Saiyans vs Freeza story?

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:52 pm

So what happened to Xeno Gohan and Goten? Why aren't they showing up anymore? I was hoping they will appear in the anime but nope, and I really hate that. I love how they look and I want to see more of them.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:17 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:52 pm So what happened to Xeno Gohan and Goten? Why aren't they showing up anymore? I was hoping they will appear in the anime but nope, and I really hate that. I love how they look and I want to see more of them.
They're probably protecting chronoa at the time nest or off on their own missions off-screen

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:23 pm

I'm still expecting Toyotaro to bring in Xicor and SSJ5 one day, Both with redesigns thought but still.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:17 pm
DestructoDisc wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:52 pm So what happened to Xeno Gohan and Goten? Why aren't they showing up anymore? I was hoping they will appear in the anime but nope, and I really hate that. I love how they look and I want to see more of them.
They're probably protecting chronoa at the time nest or off on their own missions off-screen
i was hoping they were sent to look for Demigra since they never settled the score with him, as seen in the manga some of the lesser demons survived and are looking for the other ones so maybe they are checking that out, if not maybe Gohan is training Goten since he is so behind of everybody else but even then i found really weird how they were gone and not a single word of what they are doing.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:39 pm

Heads up there'll be a stream for Heroes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GNM8v_zqtU

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:30 am

So, those Limit-breaking new forms... I assume it's a game mechanic? Or are they actually bold enough to create an entirely new form beyond SS4? I doubt it but hey, my child self would have loved it. It's also nice to see the Xenos getting more new stuff considering their CC counterparts have Kaioken/Evolution and so on.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:33 am

MisteryOne wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:30 am So, those Limit-breaking new forms... I assume it's a game mechanic? Or are they actually bold enough to create an entirely new form beyond SS4? I doubt it but hey, my child self would have loved it. It's also nice to see the Xenos getting more new stuff considering their CC counterparts have Kaioken/Evolution and so on.
:o

Where did you see that? I'm curious. You got any images? (if you saw it on the stream, I couldn't watch it).
P O W E R

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:14 am

People have been guessing it might be Super Full Power Saiyan 4. Also, new versions of Putine, Salsa and Pan, plus Bra: