PlayStation 5 and the future of DBZ games..

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: PlayStation 5 and the future of DBZ games..

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:22 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 am If the new Guilty Gear game that’s dropping soon from Arcs is anything to go by, whenever we get “FighterZ 2”, to call it gorgeous will be an understatement!
It's amazing how they keep going higher even when we think they are already on the top. Arcs is amazing and deserve all the praise they get!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:46 pm I hope Kakarot is a one shot game and they could do Super as DLC if they don't cover it for the main story. I would rather have less DBZ simulator type of games for once.
I know this is never going to happen but i would like a game that would cover just GT, from the very beginning before Goku becomes a child to when he disappears with Shenron, put Hero's legacy in there for good measure, i personally think GT would look a lot better in a game in the same vein as Kakarot, specially in the arc where they just go to a bunch of planets in search of the Dragon Balls, you can't recreate that properly in a fighting game like Xenoverse, all that plus some additional content like an original story where they have maybe another villian after Omega Shenron like some kind of What If.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:39 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 am If the new Guilty Gear game that’s dropping soon from Arcs is anything to go by, whenever we get “FighterZ 2”, to call it gorgeous will be an understatement!
Honestly, I don't even see how they can make FighterZ 2 look better. The game looks just like the show. Even better, at times... The only thing I can see improving are the effects, but the models are perfect.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:08 pm

Draconic wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:39 am
Honestly, I don't even see how they can make FighterZ 2 look better. The game looks just like the show. Even better, at times... The only thing I can see improving are the effects, but the models are perfect.
Aye people said the same thing about Burst Limit lol.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:08 pm
Well, I don't know what they were smoking then. Too much hype maybe? I mean, it's a fine looking game... but let's be real.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:12 am

Me personally depending on the rumors I'm going to love playing Infinte World or Tenkaichi again either as backwards compatible games or I would hope remasters are being looked at.

A Tenkaichi 4 or a bigger version of Zenkai wouldmbe awesome. I'm ready for a new spike Dragonball game.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:09 pm

I'm just hoping moving forward they lean more on the Arc System Works-ish graphics in terms of going whole hog with trying to replicate an actual hand-drawn animation style rather than that "vague approximation which looks the way only a video game would". Because, honestly, Kakarot looks good gameplay/content wise, but it's a few steps back in terms of graphics (at least character models). Burst Limit looks better and that game is almost 12 years old.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:09 pm

So with the official reveal of the PS5 a few days away i thought it would be appropriate to bring this thread back and see if anyone has any ideas of what they'd like to see or think will happen.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat May 30, 2020 3:09 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:09 pm So with the official reveal of the PS5 a few days away i thought it would be appropriate to bring this thread back and see if anyone has any ideas of what they'd like to see or think will happen.
I was expecting XV3 to be announced this year, but that's doubtful now due to XV2 getting more content.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:41 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:09 pm
budokaifanatic007 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:09 pm So with the official reveal of the PS5 a few days away i thought it would be appropriate to bring this thread back and see if anyone has any ideas of what they'd like to see or think will happen.
I was expecting XV3 to be announced this year, but that's doubtful now due to XV2 getting more content.
I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure the content is not a DLC but a update where you can now play as Chronoa and some new extra customizations options here and there as thanks for all the copies sold just like they stated, that's it.

We could have at least have a trailer kinda like Nintendo did with Metroid Prime 4 to let us know it's coming, we already know it won't be released this year anyway but a little confirmation won't hurt, however, the fact that XV2 is said going to be ported to next gen consoles is the thing that really worries me because then why would they do such a thing if they were looking to release a sequel, unless XV3 is more far apart than we thought or not coming at all!!! i'ts been 4 years already, it's time to at least let us know.

experted_luke

Post by experted_luke » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:54 am

I want to see the original Dragon Ball franchise to get more content, and not Z. Z has been highlighted too many times. Seeing a game like Kakarot oriented into the original Dragon Ball storyline would be fantastic. It'd feel completely new since we haven't gotten any good Dragon Ball games in the past decade.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:37 am

I hope for more FighterZ... Xenoverse for me is great concept on paper, but wasted potential in reality and with all this support, at his been done to death and can't offer anything new, unless, they totally change it.
Kakarot is game long time wanted, realized and done, not much to go there as almost 30 years after the series ended, Dragon Ball Z is still strongest brand as experiments with Kai rebranding proved so I can't see a Dragon Ball Super game released as a standalone sequel, they would be afraid probably.

To close it off, I really hope FighterZ will become it's own franchise at ArcSys like Guilty Gear (tough I don't like the new GG much from what I have played in Beta).

For Dragon Ball in general, maybe we will see return to casuals with something simmilar to Sparking/Blast series?
But I don't care at this point, FighterZ blew me away and exceeded my expectations. It is for me what the Budokai 3 was in back in the day.
Fun game with lot of content and fan service, that I love to return to.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:30 am

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:37 am Xenoverse can't offer anything new, unless, they totally change it.

Kakarot is game long time wanted, realized and done, I can't see a Dragon Ball Super game released as a standalone sequel, they would be afraid probably.

I really hope FighterZ will become it's own franchise at ArcSys like Guilty Gear.
The producers said awhile back that one of the reasons XV3 is going to take longer to make is to change it considerably from what came before.

Super is a very successful brand, so if it doesn't get its own game it'll be due to the developers not knowing what to do with its lackluster content.

Of course fighterz will become its own series, it's too successful not to.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:45 pm

My hope is that we get a new Tenkachi game with character creator added on and maybe an original story with our created character.

My dream would be Bandai does this with Dragonball

2021: Spike Game
2022: FighterZ 2
2023: Dimps game
2024: Spike game sequel for example.

With DLC and other studios the 3 year wait wouldn't be that bad and they could do experimental games as well such as Super DBZ 2 or a game like Kakarot for example.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:13 am

Xenoverse for early 2021 and FighterZ 2 for late 2021.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:25 pm

I honestly wouldn't mind an Action RPG that focuses on Trunks story running on unreal engine 5.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:26 am

Draconic wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 am
Well, I don't know what they were smoking then. Too much hype maybe? I mean, it's a fine looking game... but let's be real.
In our memories, maybe.
I used to say that it looked fantastic, on par with any game released recently as late as 2017... Until someone showed me a screenshot of it

Oh. Oh. My mind's eye definitely cleaned it up.
I could've sworn it looked more like this:

But then I remembered I hadn't actually played it since 2010.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:01 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:26 am
Draconic wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 am

In our memories, maybe.
I used to say that it looked fantastic, on par with any game released recently as late as 2017... Until someone showed me a screenshot of it

Oh. Oh. My mind's eye definitely cleaned it up.
I could've sworn it looked more like this:

But then I remembered I hadn't actually played it since 2010.
Oh, it always looked like that in my head. It was how smoothly everything moved that blew me away: https://youtu.be/blu2fwvnmU4?t=53
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Witty User Name
Banned

Post by Witty User Name » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:44 am

experted_luke wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:54 am I want to see the original Dragon Ball franchise to get more content, and not Z. Z has been highlighted too many times. Seeing a game like Kakarot oriented into the original Dragon Ball storyline would be fantastic. It'd feel completely new since we haven't gotten any good Dragon Ball games in the past decade.
Yeah, that would be pretty neat, indeed.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:31 pm

With the PS5 and Xbox Series X, development costs seem to have peaked and stabilized. So perhaps my earlier fears about the series being unable to move onto the next gen are unfounded.
Then again, that's kind of obvious in retrospect; development costs couldn't balloon forever. Eventually, technology would advance enough to allow us high-definition graphics without breaking the bank. Not that DBZ has ever been known for high-def graphical capabilities.

Whatever memory and storage limitations devs had with the 8th gen are moot this time around (at least until they run into new ones), so being able to load a lot of things and a lot of polygons all at once shouldn't be a problem (looking squarely at Xenoverse's customization pitfalls)

And Dragon Ball as an IP is burning bright, absolutely flush with cash. So I don't particularly expect efforts on par with the PS2 era of the dismal 2009-2013 era of games, but something at least above that. FighterZ is the 2D fighting game we've always needed; Xenoverse 2 with all DLC is the game it should've been at launch. That should be the baseline going forward.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.