"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Thani » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:49 pm

The way I see it, so far, Giblet seems to hold the "modern" saiyans as tainted individuals. Perhaps because of their brutality, lack of empathy, etc, and the Super Saiyan does feel like the apex of saiyan brutality, since it's fueled by rage.

If they're aware of the Super Saiyan God, then I think it's fair to assume they lived to know Yamoshi. Remember the "Evil Saiyans" that Yamoshi and his friends tried to fight, but lost? U7's modern saiyans are pretty much descended from these evil saiyans, and it would make sense that Giblet would hold a massive grudge, since they killed Yamoshi, the God of Saiyans. As for the "Blood of the Defeated", I have no idea. Is it possible to refer to the descendants of Yamoshi's companions, the not-evil Saiyans that were ultimately defeated?
Giblet has proven himself to be nothing more than a edgy version of Shallot and Son Goku would have been able to stop the Mastermind if Son Goku hadn't wasted any time and acted right as soon as he would have felt countless Ki signatures he had been familiar with starting to appear all over the Planet Earth. As in Son Goku transforming into his long-since mastered Super Saiyan Blue form and then using all of his power right from the start by basically one-shotting every revived male, female, and especially asexual villain he would be able to sense. Which would have included Giblet and the Mastermind as the both of them would have been much weaker than Son Goku at this point since Giblet and the Mastermind did seem to be exploiting the Tournament of Time in order to have made themselves stronger.
The Tournament was engineered by the Mastermind. Since the beginning he already had Shin as a hostage. They were clearly prepared before going into action. Also, I believe it's practically a given that Giblet is only working for him, and not a co-conspirator. The Mastermind planned everything in order to avoid Beerus' intervention, and that included Son Goku and Vegeta, who posed the biggest threat of all. They can't act because if they do, Beerus dies. And Beerus does not want to die. He immediately went to fetch both warriors to guarantee their non-interference. If they could, there was no need for Shallot as a proxy.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:38 pm

It seems really hinted that the "mastermind" might be from an erased universe now. With the introduction to the current chapter suggesting someone was present when everything got erased.

I'm hoping that means the wish at the end of the ToP actually did un-erase universes 13-18, even if it's just in the context of this videogame.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:14 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:38 pm It seems really hinted that the "mastermind" might be from an erased universe now. With the introduction to the current chapter suggesting someone was present when everything got erased.

I'm hoping that means the wish at the end of the ToP actually did un-erase universes 13-18, even if it's just in the context of this videogame.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:20 am

Let me get this straight to the point

Yamoshi IS NOT THE FIRST SUPER SAIYAN GOD, Just the first Super Saiyan go back read Akira Toriyama interview again. Yamoshi spirit only helps the process to gain access to the SSG form that is all.

So here Shallot and Giblet are related to the first Super Saiyan God that is for now nameless cause he is unknown yet.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:26 pm

Yeah Yamoshi wasn’t a Super Saiyan God and Goku most likely wasn’t the first to turn SSG either.

Probably someone else turned SSG and was still defeated, and Shallot and Giblet are descendants of that person. What Shenron said in Battle of Gods may still be true.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:00 pm

So it's safe to assume that Yamoshi is The Legendary Super Saiyan and he's also responsible for creating the original Super Saiyan God that beerus wanted to fight? I just re-read Toriyama's interview regarding Yamoshi again

Wow this just got a lot more confusing for Saiyan Lore

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:39 pm

Y'all realize it's still possible Shallot and Giblet are descended from Yamoshi right? The legend of the SSG still got passed down, and regardless of whether or not Yamoshi actually went SSG, he's the character of said legend.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:52 am

So is it a safe bet to say that during the usual celebration thingy Legends does every October-December, Shallot's gonna be getting Super Saiyan Blue next?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:52 am So is it a safe bet to say that during the usual celebration thingy Legends does every October-December, Shallot's gonna be getting Super Saiyan Blue next?
We could probably get it before then. Shallot went from SS2 13 months ago to SSG now. I wouldn't be surprised if we get to SSB soon. Personally I hope they give us other forms, such as SS4, SSBE, Ultra Instinct, and Wrath.

Honestly, given him being a descendant of Yamoshi, they have a perfectly valid excuse to give him Broly's form too. Remember, Z Broly exists in the story of Legends, so technically the "Legendary Super Saiyan" tale/form do too.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:10 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:58 pm
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:52 am So is it a safe bet to say that during the usual celebration thingy Legends does every October-December, Shallot's gonna be getting Super Saiyan Blue next?
We could probably get it before then. Shallot went from SS2 13 months ago to SSG now. I wouldn't be surprised if we get to SSB soon. Personally I hope they give us other forms, such as SS4, SSBE, Ultra Instinct, and Wrath.

Honestly, given him being a descendant of Yamoshi, they have a perfectly valid excuse to give him Broly's form too. Remember, Z Broly exists in the story of Legends, so technically the "Legendary Super Saiyan" tale/form do too.
Wasn't he using a rage/great ape boost in the first chapters tho? It wasn't a transformation in-game, but it apparently changed his appearance (red eyes) and the great ape power channeled through him via his rage. I would say it was different than your standard saiyan soul power up. But unlike Wrathful it didn't rly increase his muscles or give him a new Aura.

Anyway, SSG and then Blue are probably his final forms (if we relate this to how Heroes' avatars have the Super God class up that's pretty much Blue/true golden/final demon God etc.)

A SS4 Shallot would be cool tho, but at the same time why can't he have a unique form on his own? Cumber apparently had his own variant of SS3 for being an "ancient saiyan".
P O W E R

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:19 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:00 pm So it's safe to assume that Yamoshi is The Legendary Super Saiyan and he's also responsible for creating the original Super Saiyan God that beerus wanted to fight? I just re-read Toriyama's interview regarding Yamoshi again

Wow this just got a lot more confusing for Saiyan Lore

It isn't so confusing ^^. I explained everything about Yamoshi pages back ^^:

All about Yamoshi and Super Saiyan God:

With all that we have to:

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:32 pm

It just occurred to me that Shallot and Giblet being descended from Yamoshi the original Legendary Super Saiyan is why the name of the game is Dragon Ball Legends.

Mind blown.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:47 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:32 pm It just occurred to me that Shallot and Giblet being descended from Yamoshi the original Legendary Super Saiyan is why the name of the game is Dragon Ball Legends.

Mind blown.
I think it is rather Legends in sense that you can collect cards of the legendary heroes troughout the DB series... Like Yadrat Goku, Ultra SSJ Vegeta etc. same as DC Legends on mobile or Apex Legends or League of Legends.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:50 pm

Quick question.

Why does it seem like the developers are obsessed with Vegito? He gets the spotlight two anniversaries in a row, get's Gogeta's fight with Broly in the new summoning animation, gets an original LF despite the fact that SSRage Trunks is a far better canon with his Sword of Hope, and he's blue to top it all off, effectively making (DBS) Gogeta irrelevant.

I'm genuinely worried they won't put the same amount of effort in with SSGSS Gogeta.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:09 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:50 pm Quick question.

Why does it seem like the developers are obsessed with Vegito? He gets the spotlight two anniversaries in a row, get's Gogeta's fight with Broly in the new summoning animation, gets an original LF despite the fact that SSRage Trunks is a far better canon with his Sword of Hope, and he's blue to top it all off, effectively making (DBS) Gogeta irrelevant.

I'm genuinely worried they won't put the same amount of effort in with SSGSS Gogeta.
Yeah... Legends lacks some important stuff ngl. They do have a liking for Vegito tho. But rly, Blue Gogeta isn't much of a concern imo. SS4 Gogeta however... Not appearing with Ultra Full Power Saiyan 4 Goku and Omega Shenron smelled fishy.

And rly, we just got Vegito Blue. To get Gogeta Blue could mean that we would need to go through units like Jiren, Toppo (GoD), Blue Evolution Vegeta and Blue KK×20 Goku, True Golden Freeza etc. No real reason, but these units are just as much interesting to have.

Eventually, we will have Gogeta tho... I hope
P O W E R

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:58 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:50 pm Quick question.

Simple answer CASH GRAB Vegitto is the BAE of the Fused Saiyan, the Chad against the virgin Gogeta.
MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:47 am
Dragon Wukong wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:32 pm It just occurred to me that Shallot and Giblet being descended from Yamoshi the original Legendary Super Saiyan is why the name of the game is Dragon Ball Legends.

Mind blown.
I think it is rather Legends in sense that you can collect cards of the legendary heroes troughout the DB series... Like Yadrat Goku, Ultra SSJ Vegeta etc. same as DC Legends on mobile or Apex Legends or League of Legends.
Could be both actually the two answer are correct I think.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:10 pm
Dragon Wukong wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Wasn't he using a rage/great ape boost in the first chapters tho? It wasn't a transformation in-game, but it apparently changed his appearance (red eyes) and the great ape power channeled through him via his rage. I would say it was different than your standard saiyan soul power up. But unlike Wrathful it didn't rly increase his muscles or give him a new Aura.

Anyway, SSG and then Blue are probably his final forms (if we relate this to how Heroes' avatars have the Super God class up that's pretty much Blue/true golden/final demon God etc.)

A SS4 Shallot would be cool tho, but at the same time why can't he have a unique form on his own? Cumber apparently had his own variant of SS3 for being an "ancient saiyan".
I Wouldn't be surprise if Shallot got SSJ4 before blue. I actually think ultimately Shallot will have all the transformations there is.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:39 pm

These free daily summons have been great for me. I dont really care about getting stars for units, just once is fine for me since I dont play PVP,

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:30 am

So now I have almost everyone I wanted, except for Tapion and SSJBlue Vegito (aaaand Super Buu :crazy: )... And frankly, I give up.
I was farming, even bought those chrono crystals three times in the special sale and I have SSJ4 Goku, Zamasu and Rage Trunks without Shenron that I don't care for from the first round of summons... After I have returned back to the Step 3, the summons got bad and I did two rounds and haven!t got anything interesting even tough there are the 2x new charater rates and etc.

I have even got the new Paikuhan and I have to say that it is interesting that Legends retconned Goku's SSJ form being masked-up at the last minute as a SSJ Kaioken. Would like to have that Goku :)

But I am starting to struggle to play this game after playing since day one, there is so much grinding now.
In first year, you were grinding just to be able to play competitive PVP.
Now, you have co-op, Story and event fights, it all takes so much time!
And you get so overpowered, that there is not much challenge left, unless for those challenge battles paired with the Step-up summons, which are almost unbeatable, unless you have the new summons.
I would love if you had the summon system and parallel to it, you had option to buy shards/powers of the characters you want to.
Sure, I know this will cut the profits a lot, as this is pure gambling, where you pay for tokens that you change for roulette wheel with small or zero chance you get what you want, so you spin and spin and spin...
This is by far the best free game I have played, but I like the system of aqcuiring characters more in games like Power Rangers Battle for the Grid and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, where you can look up your favorite character and work to get him or just pour money in and buy shards.
As I have almost all of the characters in Legends now (except for the god damn Sparking Super Buu!), I am mostly summoning the spare powers into the tokens. Maybe it is time for Masters 4 summon?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:49 pm

In my experience, I haven't spent a single dime on this game, but I've gotten most of the characters I've wanted. It's weird. Sometimes I'll go for a long time without getting any Sparking characters, and then I'll get three all at once with one summon. Unlike with some other games, I've never felt pressured to buy in-game currency, because they throw so much of it at you for free. Sometimes, you don't even have to do anything but log in, and you'll find 200 chrono crystals in your inbox, just because the devs wanted to send people free stuff. When it comes to resources, I've almost always had an overabundance of everything. I have to grind just to avoid maxing out my energy tickets and skip tickets. It's ridiculous. But that's one thing I appreciate about this game. While it does have a gambling mechanic to it, the game as a whole is very costumer-friendly.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:49 pm In my experience, I haven't spent a single dime on this game, but I've gotten most of the characters I've wanted. It's weird. Sometimes I'll go for a long time without getting any Sparking characters, and then I'll get three all at once with one summon. Unlike with some other games, I've never felt pressured to buy in-game currency, because they throw so much of it at you for free. Sometimes, you don't even have to do anything but log in, and you'll find 200 chrono crystals in your inbox, just because the devs wanted to send people free stuff. When it comes to resources, I've almost always had an overabundance of everything. I have to grind just to avoid maxing out my energy tickets and skip tickets. It's ridiculous. But that's one thing I appreciate about this game. While it does have a gambling mechanic to it, the game as a whole is very costumer-friendly.
Yeah it is. I have spent on this game really not that much for the whole run, just for these anniversaries.
As I said, the game is good and probably the best F2P I know, but I am the opposite to be frustrated.
I have almost anything you can get in the game, except for Awakening Legends Road characters to the max and some Legends Limited characters being at 2 stars, but the game is not competitive anymore as the competitive events are scarce, on the other hand, I can't imagine being a new player and joining the game now, that would be overwhelming.
I remember bitching about the lack of content and just Saiyan arc characters when the game started :lol:
Only thing I am missing is the Super Souls for Awaken characters, which are unavailable all the time and 2-3 characters.

I saw that they are bringing in SSJB Goku and Vegeta in the classic Z uniforms (there is the Zamasu arc Vegeta in the game already).
From DBSHype twitter