Could you call Bulma, Chi-Chi, Launch and Videl part of the Z-Fighters?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Could you call Bulma, Chi-Chi, Launch and Videl part of the Z-Fighters?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Technically, the only female who could be considered a legitimate member of the (loose group, let us say) Z-Fighters is Android 18, since she participated in the Tournament of Power. But what about the other prominent females in DB?

Bulma is more an adventurer, and since she's rich it's just for fun, sort of like Tony Stark.

Chi-Chi is okay, but can't do too much. Maybe not even if she pushes herself like Tien did.

Launch... I'm not sure. I like to think she can do great battle stuff since she's a bandit. But her split personality could be a serious hindrance.

Videl has the best chance of the four IMO. She's tough and focused, and if she had trained like Gohan she could have qualified for the Tournament of Power.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Re: Could you call Bulma, Chi-Chi, Launch and Videl part of the Z-Fighters?

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:51 pm

Bulma definitely is. I think we can say Videl is too.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:52 pm

They're part of the Dragon Team. It's not like there's some formal system to selecting who is or isn't.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:59 pm

Nope. They don't help out in the fights. Fighters is in the Z Fighters name.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:27 pm

The Z Senshi, while mostly being made of fighters, pretty much includes everyone who is or has been involved with the team throughout it's history. Heck, even Lunch is still apart of the team even though she hasn't made an on-screen appearance in years.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:49 pm

The Z fighters are just the warriors. The Dragon team is Z fighters + Bulma, Chi-Chi and everyone else.

The Z fighters are strictly the group we see on DBZ.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:25 pm

I was basically looking at combat ability and which lady could hold their own in a fight if they were able to come out of retirement.
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:02 am

Personally I wouldn't.

Bulma is more vital than 90% of the Z fighters though to the Dragon Team. I adore my human fighters, but Bulma's more important than all of them, Goten, Kid Trunks, Piccolo and even Gohan these days.

Chi-chi, Videl and Launch, despite promising starts are kind of just there like Oolong, Puar and Ox King are.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:09 pm

The "Z-Warriors" refer to Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo, Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu. The all composing team is "Dragon Team".
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:38 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:09 pm The "Z-Warriors" refer to Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo, Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu. The all composing team is "Dragon Team".
And Goten and Trunks.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:06 pm

Akyon wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:02 am Bulma is more vital than 90% of the Z fighters though to the Dragon Team. I adore my human fighters, but Bulma's more important than all of them, Goten, Kid Trunks, Piccolo and even Gohan these days.
I respect Bulma's importance, but in that case DBS should have had her build a combat armor or some sort of attack/defense tech. Which would have been cool.
Akyon wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:02 am Chi-chi, Videl and Launch, despite promising starts are kind of just there like Oolong, Puar and Ox King are.
If they had promising starts, then there is something the DB writers crew could still do with them. They brought back Tien after all.

ArmenianPepsi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ArmenianPepsi » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:38 pm

Chi Chi. I would say no. The only time she had a serious fight was against Goku in the 23rd TB. After that, her strength comes from the fact that when she gets mad, she becomes one of the few things Goku truly fears. I guess she brings emotional support, which I can't knock. :lol:

Lunch is the same. She definitely had a fighting spirit (Atleast after she sneezes), but she used guns as a means of fighting. So if disarmed, she's basically a sitting duck. Another thing is that her greatest weakness is too easy to exploit. Just a tickle of the nose and you'll make her revert back to her regular self.

Bulma is really the most helpful overall and contributes the most. She is "The Brains" behind all the brawn of the Z Fighters. Solving most issues that needed some smarts, and couldn't be solved by flying fists. Totally a part of the Z Fighters, even if she herself does not go into the thick of the fights.

Videl I would also not lump her into the Z Fighters. Back in Z she could've held her own, she had the potential to be a good fighter. In Super though they turned her into a typical housewife and mom, and after 131 episodes it looks like they have no intention of bringing Videl back into action like they did Android 18. Like Chi Chi she more or less serves as emotional support now.
First time Dragon Ball fan as of March 2020. Still learning the ropes. Nothing much else to say,