"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DiscountDabi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:10 am

This is an interesting twist. Kinda strange that moro can just force fuse with people because you’d think he’d have used that on Vegeta. Also his Design looks straight out of Dragon Ball Heroes or Some Fanfic. I’ll have to wait until the manga is out to fully decide but it definitely weirds me out.

But I love the fact that Moro has more magic than just absorption. It really does come out of left field, but its new none the less.

(Edit: I just realized that Moro can not only absorb your energy, not only does he have Infinite Stamina, But he can also Copy any technique you have. How the heck are they gonna take him down)
Last edited by DiscountDabi on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:20 am

I hope whatever they do, they kill this fusion off. I've heard some other people say they think that they'll find a way to imprison them again.

I don't want that thing to be imprisoned, it's too dangerous. There's nothing stopping that thing from escaping. Killing that thing is the best case scenario. I'll get very mad if they don't kill that Moro fusion nad decide trying to imprison it, because it'll be the same mess all over again.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 am

I've been going through social media reaction and I can't believe the amount of Vegeta fans complaining about this. Vegeta literally beat someone who Omen Goku couldn't touch. How on earth are you all not satisfied with that ? Vegeta is by far the most character to benefit from this modern revival, as he's gotten wins left and right. If you want to see Vegeta done wrong as you put it, go watch GT. The poor guy couldn't even land a hit on any of the villains much less take anyone down.

Chapter 62's title:

“Transformed Moro!! Goku and Vegeta have finished their training, but do they have a way to fight him!?”

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:46 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 amIf you want to see Vegeta done wrong as you put it, go watch GT.
His personality was great there though.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:49 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:46 am
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 amIf you want to see Vegeta done wrong as you put it, go watch GT.
His personality was great there though.
Definitely, but when it came to fighting and overall importance, he was basically what Yamcha was in Z. Super has done so many great things with him, yet all his fans do is complain.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:56 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:29 am Wow!!!!!!!! Totally, and utterly, MINDBLOWN!!!!

The design looks cool. Even though it looks like a genuine fusion, I think he really absorbed him into himself, and took on all of his characteristics. Like Cell on 17- and 18, Super Buu on Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan.

I.e. for all intents and purposes, this is just Moro (the conciousness owning it). And not a dual split personality as in Fusion.

Seems to me at least...

Agree. It seems more like Kami and Piccolo, where they decide and Piccolo runs the ship vs a Gogeta type fusion.

I'm wondering if Vegeta could essentially power up others, even if momentarily, with his spirit separation technique? That could be a cool concept for this fight to allow other weaker Z-team members to have a viable role.

Also, I'd love for Buu to get invloved again, either to use some magic ability, OR to have him absorb the Z-cast and just stomp New-Moro. It would be awesome a 3 man fusion, vs a 3 man fusion ( Buu, Goku, Vegeta of course).

There literally could be a bunch of different endings, anyone have any thoughts or hopes of how it's gonna end?
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:05 am

ssj3kakarot wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:56 amThere literally could be a bunch of different endings, anyone have any thoughts or hopes of how it's gonna end?
One thing I can see happening is Goku and the others fighting him while Vegeta uses his technique to break their fusion up.

Summery:
Moro only fused with 7-3, he killed the little guy. There are some interesting parts I'll comment on a bit later.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:41 am

That design looks wack. It should've just been young Moro with maybe 7-3's headball thing and the black eye outlines. Or just young Moro, like when Semi-Perfect Cell returned as Super Perfect Cell but with the same design.

Chapter sounds cool though, can't wait to read it!
Last edited by Draconic on Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:42 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:05 am
ssj3kakarot wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:56 amThere literally could be a bunch of different endings, anyone have any thoughts or hopes of how it's gonna end?
One thing I can see happening is Goku and the others fighting him while Vegeta uses his technique to break their fusion up.

Summery:
Moro only fused with 7-3, he killed the little guy. There are some interesting parts I'll comment on a bit later.
This new form is finally confirmed stronger than his previous full power before Vegeta drained him. (At the end of this summary is that revealed).

So just him eating 7-3 is enough to make him go from SSJ2 - SSJ3 level, to being even stronger than his previous FP, which was already >>> Broly and Jiren.

Absorbing Seven-Three >>>>>> Eating planets for over 2 months.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:51 am

Oh come on, a technique that punches out energy? That is so cheap :evil: what a waste of an arc

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:02 am

mute_proxy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:51 am Oh come on, a technique that punches out energy? That is so cheap :evil: what a waste of an arc
My point was proven. A technique that can be used only against Moro.

Either way a fusion is something I did not expect given Moro's personality. 7-3 is def his top henchman. Also, there was the issue with Prime Moro being possibly GoD + tier, nearing Blue fusion in power. Fusing with 7-3 would just push him beyond that, but okay, granted, a massively weakened Moro can compensate with this technique.
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:42 am
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:05 am

Summery:
This new form is finally confirmed stronger than his previous full power before Vegeta drained him. (At the end of this summary is that revealed).

So just him eating 7-3 is enough to make him go from SSJ2 - SSJ3 level, to being even stronger than his previous FP, which was already >>> Broly and Jiren.

Absorbing Seven-Three >>>>>> Eating planets for over 2 months.
But then comes this and blows me even further away. Moro is actually stronger than in his Prime, which frankly doesn't make sense. Why keep raising the scale with the enemy, when he already is strong enough to be a threat? I don't get this unnecessary power increase, beyond Moro's Prime. I think that Vegeta just has the advantage against this enemy, but if someone else arrives with the same strength but Vegeta cannot utilize his new ability, it's game over, MUI or Blue Fusion.
Draconic wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:41 am That design looks wack. It should've just been young Moro with maybe 7-3's headball thing and the black eye outlines. Or just young Moro, like when Semi-Perfect Cell returned as Super Perfect Cell but with the same design.

Chapter sounds cool though, can't wait to read it!
I also don't rly enjoy the design. It could have been far better. New character designs for Dragon Ball (either the main continuities or Heroes) are def kinda similar nowadays and I don't appreciate that (Hit-looking folks, or guys with those tentacle hair everywhere (Sealas, Shimorekka, Fin, Kamioren)).

It's an over the top character design imo. Given I did not expect this outcome (cause we were given no reason to) they could have incorporated 7-3's absorbtion a bit better.
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 am I've been going through social media reaction and I can't believe the amount of Vegeta fans complaining about this. Vegeta literally beat someone who Omen Goku couldn't touch. How on earth are you all not satisfied with that ? Vegeta is by far the most character to benefit from this modern revival, as he's gotten wins left and right. If you want to see Vegeta done wrong as you put it, go watch GT. The poor guy couldn't even land a hit on any of the villains much less take anyone down.

Chapter 62's title:

“Transformed Moro!! Goku and Vegeta have finished their training, but do they have a way to fight him!?”
As for this, I truly lost the unquestionable thirst for a Vegeta victory. I personally only wanted for the story to proceed in the best way possible, with what was shown.
P O W E R

FiReFTW

Post by FiReFTW » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:06 am

Lets wait for the full chapter and also more explanation about this new technique.

In theory it sounds interesting and cool, but only if it can be actually used in other ways and is a useful technique.

If this technique is only something that can be used to drain user's energy that has been stolen by others meaning its USELESS against anyone and can't be used at all, only specifically against Moro, that would be the lamest thing ever.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:11 am

Considering Vegeta trained with this ability by using it on the Yardratians and everybody has Spirit, not just Ki, this doesn't mean the technique is only good for Moro. It will probably work on anyone, but it's just very effective here.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:12 am

That is true. We need some more exposition on how spirit works ig and from now on Vegeta will weaken enemies to bring them to his and Goku's level.
P O W E R

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:36 am

I'm conflicted on the design. It's ok, but I feel it could've been great with a few changes
Last edited by pepd on Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:37 am

Piccolo says it's surprising seeing Vegeta go through such training to save the universe, going as far as to say he wants to win not to prove anything to anyone, but to make up for his past sins. He even gives Goku credit for playing a role in changing him for the better.

These lines by Piccolo are enough to convince me that Vegeta will indeed kill Moro, but not as he is now. I think Goku and Vegeta will work together to somehow break their fusion, which will result in Vegeta killing Moro, and Goku getting a mini battle with 7-3 to make up for his previous defeat.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:41 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:37 am Piccolo says it's surprising seeing Vegeta go through such training to save the universe, going as far as to say he wants to win not to prove anything to anyone, but to make up for his past sins. He even gives Goku credit for playing a role in changing him for the better.

These lines by Piccolo are enough to convince me that Vegeta will indeed kill Moro, but not as he is now. I think Goku and Vegeta will work together to somehow break their fusion, which will result in Vegeta killing Moro, and Goku getting a mini battle with 7-3 to make up for his previous defeat.
Probably what the August V Jump cover "predicted". Vegeta fights the fusion, after he weakens Moro, battles until he somehow undoes the fusion (7-3 dies) and with Moro back at his more fragile Pre-Prime or even Elder state, the 2 go all out at him and end him. Who knows, perhaps at that little moment Buu and Daikaioshin do indeed make a return and use the sealing technique to fully render Moro incapable of fighting.
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:49 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:41 amProbably what the August V Jump cover "predicted". Vegeta fights the fusion...
Not going to happen, Vegeta was taken out with one blow. This fight will require multiple fighters to just not get killed, much less undo the fusion.
Speaking of the fusion, It's a good thing he didn't try to "fuse" with Vegeta. :sick:
I have to say, I saw none of this coming, 10/10 from me. :clap: :thumbup: If this is what we can expect moving forward, then DB's future is safe with Toyotaro.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:54 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:49 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:41 amProbably what the August V Jump cover "predicted". Vegeta fights the fusion...
Not going to happen, Vegeta was taken out with one blow. This fight will require multiple fighters to just not get killed, much less undo the fusion.
Speaking of the fusion, It's a good thing he didn't try to "fuse" with Vegeta. :sick:
I have to say, I saw none of this coming, 10/10 from me. :clap: :thumbup: If this is what we can expect moving forward, then DB's future is safe with Toyotaro.
OH didn't see there was a revision of the chapter in the thread. Anyway, it definitely is a creative approach. Moro pulling a Buu (somewhat) and eating 7-3 alive lol.

So how will the fusion be parried with?

A clear 10/10 is a bit too much for me, as there is no perfect Manga (I take it too literally ik) but it feels refreshing and it went beyond our expectations.

(But doesn't this fusion put everything in jeopardy since Beerus or Merus may be needed to defeat it?)
P O W E R

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:55 am

Vegeta's moment of glory doesn't even last for a full chapter.