"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:04 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:54 am Moro pulling a Buu (somewhat) and eating 7-3 alive lol.

So how will the fusion be parried with?

A clear 10/10 is a bit too much for me, as there is no perfect Manga.

Doesn't this fusion put everything in jeopardy since Beerus or Merus may be needed to defeat it?
At least Buu had the curtsy to turn his food into candy, this guy literally ate him whole.

Gohan was able to punch 18 out of Cell, so maybe a well placed attack will do the trick.

10 as in surprises, I literally saw none of this coming. I'm also only rating it compared to other DB material.

I hope this doesn't happen, as Vegeta with his new technique and Goku's Omen should take center stage here. It seems like that's what they're doing so I'm not worried about it. Based on these developments, I think this arc's last chapter will be in August.
Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:55 amVegeta's moment of glory doesn't even last for a full chapter.
The fight starts on the very first page and ends 2 pages before the chapter is over. Besides, the length is irrelevant, Vegeta took down Moro, and that's all that matters. :clap: :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:34 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:04 am
Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:55 amVegeta's moment of glory doesn't even last for a full chapter.
The fight starts on the very first page and ends 2 pages before the chapter is over. Besides, the length is irrelevant, Vegeta took down Moro, and that's all that matters. :clap: :mrgreen: :thumbup:
People will definitely have mixed feelings on that though, since Vegeta did bring down Golden Freeza back in the day. Ofc I don't see a 'stealing of the victory' happening here, but many wanted the absolute victory for Vegeta, which tbh we got (at least in the anime) against Toppo (but he kinda did defeat him in the Manga too right?)
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:54 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:34 amI don't see a 'stealing of the victory' happening here, but many wanted the absolute victory for Vegeta.

which tbh we got (at least in the anime) against Toppo (but he kinda did defeat him in the Manga too right?)
Based on Piccolo's comments, I think there's a very high chance Vegeta will kill him, he just needs to somehow separate him from 7-3.

Fans don't take Toppo into account because he wasn't the main antagonist, which doesn't make sense to me because a major victory is a victory. In terms of the manga, Toppo was barely a character, and Vegeta defeated him by just barely powering up. He was a joke.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:30 am

Ok, this is interesting. I do think the way he fuses with you is in character and has a good reason for why he doesn’t do it to everyone like Buu. Good on you Toyotaro, lets hope you stick the landing

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:58 am

Since chapter #61 comes tomorrow can we get back to comment its content after its official release? Some people here are openly discussing spoilers and taking things out of context.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:34 am

This arc is very good for me. Vegeta is great!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:51 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:58 am Since chapter #61 comes tomorrow can we get back to comment its content after its official release? Some people here are openly discussing spoilers and taking things out of context.
It actually comes out in 3 hours

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:52 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:49 am
Xeogran wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:46 am
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 amIf you want to see Vegeta done wrong as you put it, go watch GT.
His personality was great there though.
Definitely, but when it came to fighting and overall importance, he was basically what Yamcha was in Z. Super has done so many great things with him, yet all his fans do is complain.
No GT Vegeta was much better. He moved on from being Gokus sidekick and found his own identity independent of Goku. If you’re a true Vegeta fan then you would understand him being a stubborn prideful Maverick is much more central to the character than any empty win or new technique.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:59 am

I'd say this is moving back towards the direction we started the arc: all sorts of unexpected stuff happening.
Now Moro basically has 7-3's abilities, this sets the gate open for even more crazy shit unfolding.
We have to wait untill the chapter is out for conclusions, but what's on table now looks promessing and less boring than previous chapters.

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:02 am

TheMikado wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:52 am
Xeogran wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:46 am

His personality was great there though.
Definitely, but when it came to fighting and overall importance, he was basically what Yamcha was in Z. Super has done so many great things with him, yet all his fans do is complain.
No GT Vegeta was much better. He moved on from being Gokus sidekick and found his own identity independent of Goku. If you’re a true Vegeta fan then you would understand him being a stubborn prideful Maverick is much more central to the character than any empty win or new technique.
I am a fan of vegeta since 1993 (I'm from Spain) and GT's Vegeta was horrible ..

starting by conforming and not competing with Goku anymore, which caused Toriyama to include an extra vignette in the end of the manga, followed by his uselessness in battles and ending by that horrible look instead of his armor

I was always surprised by the admiration of so many fans in America for GT, in Spain and France the general opinion is that it would have to be burned at the stake
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:04 am

Draconic wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:11 am Considering Vegeta trained with this ability by using it on the Yardratians and everybody has Spirit, not just Ki, this doesn't mean the technique is only good for Moro. It will probably work on anyone, but it's just very effective here.
Androids probably don’t have spirit, so this fusion will likely mean Vegeta’s new technique that he spent so much time developing just for the sake of beating Moro is probably immediately neutered in the end fight and didn’t even last and entire chapter.

Yeah Vegeta fans are just going to looooove that....

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:11 am

bubibartra wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:02 am

I am a fan of vegeta since 1993 (I'm from Spain) and GT's Vegeta was horrible ..

starting by conforming and not competing with Goku anymore, which caused Toriyama to include an extra vignette in the end of the manga, followed by his uselessness in battles and ending by that horrible look instead of his armor

I was always surprised by the admiration of so many fans in America for GT, in Spain and France the general opinion is that it would have to be burned at the stake
Vegeta has always always always been a character of personal growth on his own terms. This has shown consistent not only in the manga but also in the past retellings of his youth.

Vegeta didn’t conform, he didn’t follow Goku into space in GT, he didn’t try to force himself to achieve SSJ3 in the time break, he dedicated himself to his family and home and was consistent with that. While Goku, who never really changes, did exactly what he always does. Takes a cavalier attitude and runs off to the next adventures for months at a time.

Vegeta leaving his central family for long periods of time to go train is out of character for everything we’ve known about the character in any medium. It’s also not the first time nor the last Vegeta and simply accepted the realities of stronger opponents otherwise he would have never survived in Frieza’s army. GT understand Vegeta as a character and his personality, super made Vegeta Goku’s buddy cop. They are competitive rivals, not friends. They don’t socially hang out on the weekends, they just happen to come together every so often to save the world.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:37 am

TheMikado wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:52 amNo GT Vegeta was much better. If you’re a true Vegeta fan then you would understand him being a stubborn prideful Maverick is much more central to the character than any empty win or new technique.
I have no issues with the way he's written character wise in GT, but you can't have someone that important either not fight or constantly get defeated.
Gt91 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:34 amMaybe merus is the key to defeat him.
I think they can have their cake and eat it too. If Merus just defuses them, then that's technically not fighting, meaning the grand priest won't erase him for that. With them separated, Goku and Vegeta should have no trouble killing them that way.

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:03 am

TheMikado wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:11 am
bubibartra wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:02 am

Vegeta has always always always been a character of personal growth on his own terms. This has shown consistent not only in the manga but also in the past retellings of his youth.

Vegeta didn’t conform, he didn’t follow Goku into space in GT, he didn’t try to force himself to achieve SSJ3 in the time break, he dedicated himself to his family and home and was consistent with that. While Goku, who never really changes, did exactly what he always does. Takes a cavalier attitude and runs off to the next adventures for months at a time.

Vegeta leaving his central family for long periods of time to go train is out of character for everything we’ve known about the character in any medium. It’s also not the first time nor the last Vegeta and simply accepted the realities of stronger opponents otherwise he would have never survived in Frieza’s army. GT understand Vegeta as a character and his personality, super made Vegeta Goku’s buddy cop. They are competitive rivals, not friends. They don’t socially hang out on the weekends, they just happen to come together every so often to save the world.
vegeta accepting the reality of stronger opponents is the opposite of Vegeta. It's like Goku not trying to be stronger, just not.

and the first to think about it is Toriyama. So he added a bullet point in the manga, clarifying that Vegeta would never stop trying to be stronger than Goku.

Even Toriyama made it clear, that Vegeta's vision of settling for stronger opponents was absolutely wrong. Vegeta will never stop trying to be stronger than Goku and any opponent.

Vegeta is more familiar than Goku but it is obvious that training is his center. That he could not leave his family is only a vision of GT.

In Z we had the guy who trained 16 hours a day and who had trouble admitting that he loved his family. The rest of the family facet is already GT. The last bullet in the manga written by Toriyama is Vegeta promising that he would keep trying to overcome Goku.
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:19 am

Who would've thought Moro gobbling 7-3 would prove to be more worthwhile than a two month planet eating spree? Certainly not me. That sure came outta nowhere. I actually like this new technique of Vegeta's.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:37 am

So does this make him Voro......but really who put this fetish stuff in my manga. Dammit Toyotaro/Possibly Toriyama keep your fetishes outta here XD :lol:
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:39 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:04 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:54 am Moro pulling a Buu (somewhat) and eating 7-3 alive lol.

So how will the fusion be parried with?

A clear 10/10 is a bit too much for me, as there is no perfect Manga.

Doesn't this fusion put everything in jeopardy since Beerus or Merus may be needed to defeat it?
At least Buu had the curtsy to turn his food into candy, this guy literally ate him whole.

Gohan was able to punch 18 out of Cell, so maybe a well placed attack will do the trick.

10 as in surprises, I literally saw none of this coming. I'm also only rating it compared to other DB material.

I hope this doesn't happen, as Vegeta with his new technique and Goku's Omen should take center stage here. It seems like that's what they're doing so I'm not worried about it. Based on these developments, I think this arc's last chapter will be in August.
I actually feel bad for 7-3/Shimorekka, maybe the fusion can be reversed. I kinda hope they can punch them out so they fully weaken Moro personally and kill him before he pulls any of that shit again.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:49 am

I hope they explain why this absorption matters. Vegeta's technique is shown prior to work on people who's energy is their own as well, so this should logically end with:

"Aha, Vegeta. I'm afraid I'm too powerful for you n-"
*Vegeta takes Voro's energy and everyone takes turns kicking him in the dick*

Only explanation I can think of is that Seven Three is artifical, so the technique wouldn't work on him... Which would make yet another large chunk of the story absolutely pointless by immediately invalidating Vegeta's technique. Another point for the "Moro pulls a new technique out of his ass that's the perfect solution for a situation he didn't know he'd be in because we have to extend the plot." This is the biggest downfall of making an arc that's a highlight reel of Z, you take all of Z's problems across multiple arcs and cram them into one.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:53 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:39 amI kinda hope they can punch them out so they fully weaken Moro personally and kill him before he pulls any of that shit again.
Having Merus be the one to separate them without fighting would be a good way to use him, as it won't take anything away from Goku and Vegeta, and it won't get him erased.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:00 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:53 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:39 amI kinda hope they can punch them out so they fully weaken Moro personally and kill him before he pulls any of that shit again.
Having Merus be the one to separate them without fighting would be a good way to use him, as it won't take anything away from Goku and Vegeta, and it won't get him erased.
Agreed. The Grand Priest can't do jack if Merus isn't physically fighting. That, or have Whis do it with permission from Beerus or something. At that point, Moro would be reduced to his old frail state, and everyone would say screw it and kill him.

I hope since the Z gang knows they didn't willingly fuse with Moro they find a way to defuse them. I'd actually feel bad if they didn't try to defuse them seeing as it's a Moro dominated fusion and it's not like 7-3 willingly fused.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!