What's the definitive "Goku gets a one-sided ass-whooping" scene?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: What's the definitive "Goku gets a one-sided ass-whooping" scene?

Post by ABED » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:33 pm

It's not that he considers it a loss because Goku was the better fighter, he hates that Goku got as far as he did. Vegeta lived with this caste system mentality that regardless of how much work a fighter did, elites are elites, and third class warriors are third class warriors. Goku should never have been able to do as well as he did against an elite, much less him.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:38 pm

50% Frieza seemed the most brutal because in spite of all of Goku's abilities and power-ups before SSJ, they were just entirely ineffective and the villain isn't even trying hard. The saving throw spirit bomb doesn't even do anything. Vegeta's dying wish is in vain and the whole universe seems to be doomed.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:24 pm

I'll toss a vote for Z movie 7 with Super 13 beating Goku down. I mean, he punches Goku in the testicles, and then even blasts his shirt off! I mean, sure, his shirt has come off many times before and since (and that's when you know he's taken a beating, whenever his shirt is torn off), but to have his shirt come off AND have his balls punched? That's a real contender here, folks!
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:14 pm

ABED wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:33 pm It's not that he considers it a loss because Goku was the better fighter, he hates that Goku got as far as he did. Vegeta lived with this caste system mentality that regardless of how much work a fighter did, elites are elites, and third class warriors are third class warriors. Goku should never have been able to do as well as he did against an elite, much less him.
So, what you're saying, is that Vegeta would not be satisfied with just beating Goku in a fight, but would need a Namek Saga Freeza gap in their ability?

Because from my count, it's Vegeta 2, Goku 0. And Vegeta even saved Goku's life.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:15 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:31 pm Any scene where Chi-Chi is arguing with him.
This is the only correct answer. Because there's no winning in these confrutations. There's only Chi-chi calming down and letting Goku off the hook.

Everyone else Goku fights will eventaully lose.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:26 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:14 pm
ABED wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:33 pm It's not that he considers it a loss because Goku was the better fighter, he hates that Goku got as far as he did. Vegeta lived with this caste system mentality that regardless of how much work a fighter did, elites are elites, and third class warriors are third class warriors. Goku should never have been able to do as well as he did against an elite, much less him.
So, what you're saying, is that Vegeta would not be satisfied with just beating Goku in a fight, but would need a Namek Saga Freeza gap in their ability?

Because from my count, it's Vegeta 2, Goku 0. And Vegeta even saved Goku's life.
It's not about the victory/loss count. Vegeta won the first time, but it was the mere fact that a peasant like Goku could stand up to him at all that pissed him off the most. The second time was a cheap shot and he never would have stood a chance if Goku got serious.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:30 pm

The definitive "Goku gets a one-sided ass-whooping" scene are these ones:

Image Image

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:42 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:30 pm The definitive "Goku gets a one-sided ass-whooping" scene are these ones:

Image Image

:lol: Goku's only weakness.

Also... not gonna start a dub debate but... "WaaaAAAaa-forgotmytractor-AAAaa..." was pretty effin funny, right? Right guys?

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:02 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:26 pm

It's not about the victory/loss count. Vegeta won the first time, but it was the mere fact that a peasant like Goku could stand up to him at all that pissed him off the most. The second time was a cheap shot and he never would have stood a chance if Goku got serious.
And I get Vegeta's feelings, but what sort of Win was he looking for to sate his ego, is what I asked. None of this can really be answered by anyone but Toriyama, but It always bugged me that Vegeta kept this chip on his sholders when He was stronger than Goku until Goku showed up and whooped the Ginyus. Although thinking about that, we didn't get the chipped shoulder until everyone was back on earth. Namek Saga Vegeta was more concerned about surviving Freeza.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:16 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:02 pm
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:26 pm

And I get Vegeta's feelings, but what sort of Win was he looking for to sate his ego, is what I asked. None of this can really be answered by anyone but Toriyama, but It always bugged me that Vegeta kept this chip on his sholders when He was stronger than Goku until Goku showed up and whooped the Ginyus. Although thinking about that, we didn't get the chipped shoulder until everyone was back on earth. Namek Saga Vegeta was more concerned about surviving Freeza.
Ah, fair enough. Probably enough of a win where he could kill Goku in like one hit, or at least enough of a gap where Goku couldn't possibly hurt him, much less make him bleed his guts out. So yeah, probably a Frieza-esque gap. Nothing else would probably have satisfied him back then. The thing about chronic narcissists like Vegeta is that their goals and perceptions of reality can be pretty skewed and nonsensical. It's like Patrick Bateman in American Psycho with the business card scene where another yuppie having a slightly better printed card was enough to drive Patrick nuts.

ArmenianPepsi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ArmenianPepsi » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:55 pm

Goku vs Broly in Movie 8 was a straight smack down until the last minute. Broly beat the hell out of Trunks, Gohan, and Piccolo without even blinking. Also he is one of the few beings that ever made Vegeta lock up out of pure fear. Watching him wail on Goku was just brutal. :lol:
First time Dragon Ball fan as of March 2020. Still learning the ropes. Nothing much else to say,