Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:23 am

Slangh wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:11 pm Image

Ah, the wall of text was very effective!
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Narm

And so after nearly a year, that’s it? Wow. Just wow.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:52 am

Ya know, I have this strange feeling that when everyone gets resurrected, they're gonna stupidly laugh it off and say "WUOW BURA-ChAN yOUu WeRE WEalLy AWeSuME!"

As lighthearted as Dragon Ball is, granted I know this a fan made story, certain things just shouldn't be so easily hand waved, I'm jumping to conclusions but honestly I don't see it being all that far fetched.

Also this whole ordeal amounted to nothing, Babidi whisked away majority of the stronger fighters, so he'd have an easier time hijacking the tournament but everything got blown to shit, even the hosts are dead at this point so all this ultimately accomplishes ZILCH!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:21 am

After all that, that's all we get?

I knew she'd get off scot free, but damn.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:10 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:12 pm Daughters don't often show it when their abusive fathers abuse them. They act out in other ways, which could be a combination of doing whatever they can to please their abuser or loudly proclaiming they are their own person while being shitty themselves. The paneling and dialogue here is atrocious but that's not unique to fan projects.

Majin Bra getting torn down by her non-combat junkie self from a different universe is a fitting end for her.
Agreed

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:27 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:38 pm Man, I hope she lost the M because Babidi died, not because she got talk no jutsu'd and somehow found the mental fortitude to snap out of mind control.

If Majin Vegeta couldn't lose the M despite going against Babidi's wishes, there's no reason Bra should be able to.

Edit: Just saw a comment from Salagir saying Babidi's still alive and that she broke out of it on her own.

Well, fair enough if he want to go that route with his story, but given all the atrocities she's committed without remorse, I find it incredibly hard to believe that a tantrum from an alternate version of herself would bring her back from the Dark Side.
Vegeta wasn't trying to lose the majin curse he was just ignoring Babidi.

Bra is someone who wakes up and leaves the camp, Vegeta walks into your camp and starts giving orders and ignoring the leader.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:34 pm

...You know, Salagir said that he originally had more panels of Bra wavering a bit after cutting Gohan in half. He then cut it out because he thought it went on too long.

...Now that I see the ending? He REEEEEALLY should have kept those in! Because now it just seems like her being called "passive" was what turned her back, not the horror of killing her loved ones.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:05 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:12 pm Daughters don't often show it when their abusive fathers abuse them. They act out in other ways, which could be a combination of doing whatever they can to please their abuser or loudly proclaiming they are their own person while being shitty themselves. The paneling and dialogue here is atrocious but that's not unique to fan projects.

Majin Bra getting torn down by her non-combat junkie self from a different universe is a fitting end for her.
The idea is fine, the execution is horrible. Like people mocked Naruto for talking the monster to death, but this is worst than anything in Naruto. Not helping that since Bra is such an unlikable asshole even before she went Majin, you rather see her cut in half than redeemed. I mean, at least Naruto for the most part beat the shit out of the person before he talks them to death.
Fionordequester wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:34 pm ...You know, Salagir said that he originally had more panels of Bra wavering a bit after cutting Gohan in half. He then cut it out because he thought it went on too long.

...Now that I see the ending? He REEEEEALLY should have kept those in! Because now it just seems like her being called "passive" was what turned her back, not the horror of killing her loved ones.
We got pages and pages of Bra ruthlessly killing and beating up her friends and family, but a panel or two showing regret about killing her brother was too long.

Priorities, Salagir.

That and he really needs an English translator since 'passive' is such a weird word here.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:34 pm ...You know, Salagir said that he originally had more panels of Bra wavering a bit after cutting Gohan in half.
It's easy for him to say that now, after seeing everyone's reaction...
HeroR wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:05 pm That and he really needs an English translator since 'passive' is such a weird word here.
It's just as weird in the original French

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:50 pm

This really makes you appreciate Toyotaro

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:50 pm This really makes you appreciate Toyotaro
Let's not get carried away here

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:50 pm This really makes you appreciate Toyotaro
Not at all lol.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:26 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:34 pm ...You know, Salagir said that he originally had more panels of Bra wavering a bit after cutting Gohan in half. He then cut it out because he thought it went on too long.
Yeah, I'm not sure I buy that to be honest. We've had page after page after page of over-the-top violence and excessive gore that did little to further the story, and many people were making their dissatisfaction known in the comments. Surely, given that kind of mixed reaction, it would've made sense to take a brief break from the action and show SOME form of character development. It also would've made the eventual resolution to the Majin Bra storyline a lot less jarring.

It sounds more like Salagir's trying to cover his ass, which I can't really blame him for. Having your work criticised so harshly like that is never easy, and I do feel a bit sorry for him in that regard. However, it also highlights why it's important to take feedback on board (even if you don't agree with all of it), or have someone to bounce ideas off of.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:13 pm

Yeah, the English word "passive" doesn't really have the type of impact I think they were hoping for... Not-stupid-Bra calling Stupid-Bra "a pushover" instead would have worked a lot better.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:11 am

If Salagir is writing the stroy the way he wants he might as well lay in his bed. No need of trying to appease fans if that's how he wants Bra to be. Why.not post these but pages now if they truly exist?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:13 am

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if before he even started outlining the story, he had planned this set piece before anything else. And it's been what, 10 years since DBM first came to be? So, he could have been itching to get to this phase of the story for about a decade. But Salagir should have followed the DBZ villain beatdown formula better.

When I think of canon massacres, I do think about the fight against Nappa, and the fight against Recoome. And honestly what makes them work, is that the moment that things were darkest. Someone appeared. Anyone Appeared.

Now you look at DBM. when things were darkest. No one appeared. So Bra kept coming. And then whatever the story was supposed to be, became a disgusting display of gore and madness.

When this update happened

My words were
FoolsGil wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:49 pm Time to see how much Salagir likes his anime tropes. Good setup for a 'Big Damn Heroes' moment.
Somebody, whether a U9 human or U2 Mary Sue, or I'k'l finally being born and jumping in, somebody should have saved Gohan. And the moment that hero falls after putting up a reasonably good fight, and they fall fatally, or non fatally, and Bra is now gloating AF, THEN U18 Bra does her speech. That is how it should have been done.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:58 am

TheGodfather93 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:26 pm Yeah, I'm not sure I buy that to be honest. We've had page after page after page of over-the-top violence and excessive gore that did little to further the story, and many people were making their dissatisfaction known in the comments. Surely, given that kind of mixed reaction, it would've made sense to take a brief break from the action and show SOME form of character development. It also would've made the eventual resolution to the Majin Bra storyline a lot less jarring.

It sounds more like Salagir's trying to cover his ass, which I can't really blame him for. Having your work criticised so harshly like that is never easy, and I do feel a bit sorry for him in that regard. However, it also highlights why it's important to take feedback on board (even if you don't agree with all of it), or have someone to bounce ideas off of.
Does it help if he said this on Page 1696/1745? 49 pages ago? That was February 12th, for reference.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:21 pm

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:53 pm

God that was so damn terrible. All the effort, all the plans and all the teamwork weren't enough to beat Bra because Salagir loves her so much he doesn't want to see her defeated. Every time a plan works and she's injured, he makes her heal herself and undo the entire chapter.
So how does he end it? With another Bra talk-no-jutsu-ing her, and inventing a sad backstory for her! And it WAS invented, there aren't any hints throughout (maybe Vegito's word choices, or a look here and there when she shows off).
I hate this manga so much now, I'm not gonna support it with my traffic anymore.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:13 pm

At least the art is still nice.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:53 pm

DragonShortZ Episode 4: Yamcha Strikes Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGm-3LQEs4k