Possibility of Piccolo becoming relevant again (pfffffttt)...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Possibility of Piccolo becoming relevant again (pfffffttt)...

Post by Psajdak » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:22 am

I mean like him actually asking Vegeta to remove both Nail, and Kami from him, and, dunno, visit Daishinkan, and training to become SSB Gogeta level from the scratch.

Something like that...

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Possibility of Piccolo becoming relevant again (pfffffttt)...

Post by omaro34 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:15 am

Keep dreaming
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:11 pm

They should kill some characters permanently to lighten up the cast. Piccolo, Tenshinhan, the Kame-sen'nin, etc.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:31 pm

You want him to be weaker? Because that's what removing Nail and Kami would do.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:38 pm

To be fair, the boosts in strength Piccolo has gotten in Dragon Ball Super make his strength boosts from Nail and Kami look like peanuts in comparison. I wouldn't be surprised if separating them wouldn't actually have much of an impact.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:43 pm

Removing Kami from Piccolo would fix the problem with Piccolo facing gods above him. He didn't fight Kaioshin of East because of it, but he went to face Beerus for some reason. In Toei's continuity, if Dende could sense that Beerus is a god, Piccolo should have sensed it too, just like he sensed who Kaioshin of East was. Anyway.

We don't necessarily need that for Piccolo to be relevant, as we see in Universe 6 saga from Xenoverse 2, Piccolo not only was the who one defeated that yellow big guy, he put up a good fight against Cabba. But be that as it may, a training with the gods/angels would be a cool way to introduce the red-eyed transformation, which is high time for it to appear now. And I'm sure it could help make Piccolo relevant again.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:55 pm

Zero, it's unfortunately too late to make him relevant again.

If Goku's a 10 and Vegeta's a 9, then Piccolo's a 2, maybe a 3 at best.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:17 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:55 pm Zero, it's unfortunately too late to make him relevant again.

If Goku's a 10 and Vegeta's a 9, then Piccolo's a 2, maybe a 3 at best.
Basically this. Piccolo is too weak to do anything on his own now, which is probably the main reason why for everything he tends to be paired with Gohan.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Kagari wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:31 pm You want him to be weaker? Because that's what removing Nail and Kami would do.
Piccolo: "Ah, my spirit didn't get any weaker?!"

Nail: "Ah...I seem to be just as strong as you! Incredible, it's like you had merged with me and then God-sama with me..."

God: "Hmm...perhaps the length of time our spirits were merged allowed each piece to grow stronger in synch?! Of course, this old body of mine won't be able to keep up with you two..."

I mean...I was able to pull that out of my ass in two minutes, actually thinking about a plot point across a day or two would yield even better results.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:59 am

I don’t think Kami will be removed. Piccolo and Kami are supposed to be one being

But it might be nice to see Nail get his own life back.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:14 am

Toriyama seems keen on a set formula ever since the events of ROF took place. You may have the occasional guest star and a B-list set of fighters try to aid them but ultimately the only ones with a written journey of their training and exploits in Super are Goku and Vegeta.

Frankly, it's been one of the most repetitious and stagnant set-ups that Toriyama has had in spite of his preferring to defy fan expectations and be subversive. I think it would be more impressive if he had the gumption to do so long with long-term consequences while shaking up the formula some. Super has had its moments where it flirted with the former but it's still nothing that's all too ground-breaking.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:22 am

I will keep dreaming this dream. This hilltop is mine!

For those who think this would knock Piccolo down several power levels when he can barely keep up as it is, yes, you are right, but I'm willing to see that happen if it results in a training arc.

Loosing Nail or Kami might bring back his role as Demon King and yeah, I'm down for that BUT ONLY if we don't see a character regression.

I would love to see something like demon ki being brought to the story as a counter to god ki.

But given that this notion was introduced in the very same chapter where the main bad guy just fused with someone I think it's fair to say Piccolo condition was mostly just used as a means to introduce that Chekov's gun which very clearly will be the primary instrument of defeating Moro.

Oh well, a fan can dream.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:38 pm

Michsi wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:22 am I will keep dreaming this dream. This hilltop is mine!

For those who think this would knock Piccolo down several power levels when he can barely keep up as it is, yes, you are right, but I'm willing to see that happen if it results in a training arc.

Loosing Nail or Kami might bring back his role as Demon King and yeah, I'm down for that BUT ONLY if we don't see a character regression.

I would love to see something like demon ki being brought to the story as a counter to god ki.

But given that this notion was introduced in the very same chapter where the main bad guy just fused with someone I think it's fair to say Piccolo condition was mostly just used as a means to introduce that Chekov's gun which very clearly will be the primary instrument of defeating Moro.

It will never happen, but I just don't get why. Piccolo has insane potential you can work with unlike the humans. Regeneration, stretching limbs, clothes beam, etc.

Fans have been calling for this for many years now. I'm not calling for him to be on par with Goku and Vegeta, giving him a power up like Android 17 and playing a large role in an arc from a combat perspective isn't really a big ask when you consider how much of a fan favorite he is by many.

It will never happen and I accepted this years ago.

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:45 am

Lionel wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:14 am Toriyama seems keen on a set formula ever since the events of ROF took place. You may have the occasional guest star and a B-list set of fighters try to aid them but ultimately the only ones with a written journey of their training and exploits in Super are Goku and Vegeta.

Frankly, it's been one of the most repetitious and stagnant set-ups that Toriyama has had in spite of his preferring to defy fan expectations and be subversive. I think it would be more impressive if he had the gumption to do so long with long-term consequences while shaking up the formula some. Super has had its moments where it flirted with the former but it's still nothing that's all too ground-breaking.
I think this is the most we'll get with him and it's pretty revolutionary where Super is concerned. I mean, his power increased substantially and he had some good fights. The next step would be him actually defeating opponents when it counts but I won't hold my breath. I agree, DBS could stand to go beyond its standard formula and its been beaten to death now, but if this is all that's in store for Piccolo, well, it beats babysitting.
omaro34 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:38 pm Fans have been calling for this for many years now. I'm not calling for him to be on par with Goku and Vegeta, giving him a power up like Android 17 and playing a large role in an arc from a combat perspective isn't really a big ask when you consider how much of a fan favorite he is by many.

I'm pretty sure he's about as strong as #17 now. Him, Gohan, and #18 are all fighting at around the same level. It's kinda even implied that he and Gohan are a tad stronger since they kept fighting Saganbo while #17 and #18 took a rest.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:18 am

omaro34 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:38 pm
Michsi wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:22 am I will keep dreaming this dream. This hilltop is mine!

It will never happen, but I just don't get why. Piccolo has insane potential you can work with unlike the humans. Regeneration, stretching limbs, clothes beam, etc.

Fans have been calling for this for many years now. I'm not calling for him to be on par with Goku and Vegeta, giving him a power up like Android 17 and playing a large role in an arc from a combat perspective isn't really a big ask when you consider how much of a fan favorite he is by many.

Stranger things have happened, but again, I'm not holding my breath.

At this point, rather than them getting it hilariously wrong I'd rather he be left at the sidelines.

This arc has already focused on him way more than any of the others (a lot less than he should've, given what happened on Namek, but eh...) so they at least acknowledge that he is a popular figure of the franchise. He didn't get knocked out by Gregory's long lost cousin so it's a step up regardless.

Having him keep up with Gohan after a indistinct training session was neat, even if was mostly just for showy fan-service, aka 17 being able fight with Goku Blue.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:17 pm

Its probably not possible with the current "creative" juices driving this bus.

Think if they made a simple story arc about the Namekian Book of Legends. It can grant certain Nameks the ability an unheard of power. This Namek has to be in his truest form, meaning Piccolo would have to get rid of Nail. However would he do that? Well good thing we foreshadowed that Vegeta could do it.

Since Piccolo and Kami are one originally, Nail actually makes Piccolo weaker than if it were only Piccolo and Kami fusion. Nail, even though he supplies power, he waters down the potency.

Vegeta separates Nail, then the original Piccolo uses the Book of Legends, and poof, Piccolo is now relevant and super strong and lastly it actually can be taken serious instead of him catching up from training with Gohan. It doesn't take away from all the long painful training that Goku and Vegeta have done, instead, it makes Piccolos road unique. It's all about adding to the story, not taking away from others.

That's just the 1st idea, i had. But its doable.
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:06 pm

Kami will be extracted, he'll become the new Elder of Namek now that Moori is dead.

Nail will be extracted, he'll become Kami's Guardian.

Piccolo will find some way to gain back the strength that he loses at first and in turn will end up far stronger than he ever was before.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:01 am

Piccolo can:

1. Make clones of himself
2. Materialize clothing (and possibly other material)
3. Stretch his limbs
4. Increase in size
5. Use eye beams
6. Mouth beam
7. Regeneration
8. Telepathy

Why he's so underused just because he's not a Saiyan is beyond me. I'll never understand.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:00 pm

Why do people even bother still? He has been irrelevant since the Buu Arc.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:10 pm

I can’t believe what I’m reading. Especially from people who want him to become stronger, asking for him to defuse with his 2 main power sources. Remember how strong he became after fusing with Nail on Namek? And especially remember how strong he became after becoming one again with Kami becoming even stronger than a SSJ and fighting on par with Android 17? It’s incomprehensible what I’m reading here.

If you want him to become stronger so badly, the LAST thing you’d ask for is for him to defuse with these 2 namekians. That should be common sense to anyone.

Nail was an absolute battle namekian, the last of his kind, and extremely rare. While Kami literally was his other half, turning Piccolo into an absolute powerhouse, on par with the androids who trashed legendary super saiyans. If Piccolo loses both of these namekians now, he’d be completely left in the dust, and will immediately lose any relevancy he had.