Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Mon May 25, 2020 12:51 am

Episode 23:

- Funny to see that Bojack has hold a grudge from the Saiyans because of his last defeat

- At first I though Tullece was eating some random fruit, but it was from the Tree of Might? How it could be any useful to him than Fu just simply powering him up?

- Did that weird doctor just called Xeno Goku and Vegeta, monkeys? Don't know if it was a error from the sub that I got from this episode
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon May 25, 2020 7:21 am

Noah wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:51 am Episode 23:

- Funny to see that Bojack has hold a grudge from the Saiyans because of his last defeat

- At first I though Tullece was eating some random fruit, but it was from the Tree of Might? How it could be any useful to him than Fu just simply powering him up?

- Did that weird doctor just called Xeno Goku and Vegeta, monkeys? Don't know if it was a error from the sub that I got from this episode
Definitely no error. Doctor W definitely just straight-up calls them monkeys.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue May 26, 2020 3:27 pm

It's funny how Turles takes multiple bites from the fruit but it only ever shows it with one bite taken out of it. The animators aren't even trying here.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue May 26, 2020 3:51 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:27 pm It's funny how Turles takes multiple bites from the fruit but it only ever shows it with one bite taken out of it. The animators aren't even trying here.
Didn't rly notice but lmao
P O W E R

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Wed May 27, 2020 1:01 am

This new episode was entertaining to watch, but I'm a little sad that they didn't show the meeting between Towa and her son.

I don't have much to say about Bojack and Turles, because they both don't catch my interest more than that. However, I'm curious to see what they will do with them and I'd like to know if the Dr.W is actually Doctor Willow ~

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:26 pm

It's been like a month and there's not even a release date for the next episode?

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:02 am

Most likely, it's been delayed due to Covid. They didn't even give a general timeframe like they usually do, since they knew the production schedule would be affected. Given that, it could be a while. Or, they could suddenly spring it on us without warning!
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:14 am

These are usually made for events, aren't they? It's not surprising that Bandai would just say "Eh, don't need an episode" during the quarantine.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:39 am

Pretty sure there was actually something coming up 🤔

Either way, since we pretty much already got the Manga chapter summary and some other stuff, I doubt it's going to be an important ep to wait for.
P O W E R

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 am

They actually gave the release date, it's June 30
(it was in one of their monthly streams recently)

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 am

So let's see.

Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta. First appearance in an anime-like set,not counting all the promo trailers. I have to admit it feels weird and kinda unique, despite him having the form for years now.

Dr. W has some kind of wack (Dr. Wack lol) attack that teleports. Cool. Goku is afraid of lava, but SS3 Vegeta doesn't and he has some durable clothes.

The location is clearly where Cumber took his time off in the Prison Planet arc lol.

The animation kept on getting better ngl. Some SS3 shots are truly beautiful. Ofc it is a bruh moment when SS4 transformations convert your clothes, but hey SS4 magic.

Now Dr. W also has super Saiyan? Or super Saiyan 3? Or 4? Dunno, his analysis was complete ofc. Despite saying that in the beginning of the fight, Goku and Vegeta still fought him.

Looks like Fu was always able to catch Tokitoki but eh. Dogidogi stunned Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta yes. And everyone teleports away!

Dr. W finds an industrial-Era type of machine which is actually Janemba's machine? Dunno how that makes sense. I mean he was created from it, but he wasn't the machine. That was the case with Hatchiyak. Goku questioning in the end why they are going to hell. Bruh out of context be like.

So, everyone saying we need a Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta to fight a brand new Janemba... Well your wish will come true in SDBH! Time for a new Janemba ig.

Meh ep. Let's see what happens next
P O W E R

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:18 am

Vegeta and goku ss3 together, then with ss4 form. Vegeta ss3 is one of my favourite character. I'm crying.

New janemba? Blue gogeta vs new janemba rematch incoming!!! :D

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:36 am

Gt91 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:18 am Vegeta and goku ss3 together, then with ss4 form. Vegeta ss3 is one of my favourite character. I'm crying.

That actually hypes me a bit. Even in this form, we will get a new Janemba. Hoping he won't be fodder or handled super bad.
P O W E R

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:45 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:36 am
Gt91 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:18 am Vegeta and goku ss3 together, then with ss4 form. Vegeta ss3 is one of my favourite character. I'm crying.

That actually hypes me a bit. Even in this form, we will get a new Janemba. Hoping he won't be fodder or handled super bad.
Yes, it's great! There is so much potential!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:49 pm

Oh hey, Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta has finally appeared in the anime after decades of people waiting. I know some won't care because there are stronger transformations but not for Xeno Vegeta right now. Super Saiyan 3 is his second strongest transformation, so it's still kind of impressive. Now just give me Super Saiyan 2 Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta and we're set. :thumbup:

I do want more Janemba because it's always a pleasure to see more of him but he was already featured in the Dark Demon Realm saga. I still think they should just bring back those who haven't been used, such as Garlic Junior, Wheelo, Android 13 and Hirudegarn. All the other have been used already, it's time to give these ones their spotlight.

Oh well, hopefully we're in for more Janemba's amazing techniques!
Last edited by Grimlock on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:04 pm

That wasn't a bad episode, but it wasn't good either. I got surprised by the mention of Janemba, I wonder if he will have a new design.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:47 pm

I wonder what was the point of bringing Bojack and Turles to literally use their fight as background. I really wanted to see a SS Turles or an enhanced Bojack.

SS3 Vegeta was a nice surprise.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:03 pm

Spoilers for episode 5 are out.
A ss3 gogeta or ssgod vegeth would be cool against them

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:13 pm

Vegeta finally made his Ssj3 anime debut, it's not in the main anime, but it's an anime none the less. I'm very surprised we've yet to see something similar to this in Super, him just powering up and fighting in it for a few seconds before using SsjG. With all the fan service going on, I'm surprised this of all things is what they haven't done yet, especially during the TOP where there were all kinds of power levels.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Gt91 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:03 pm Spoilers for episode 5 are out.
Seems bizarre to me to label them as "spoilers"; they're items directly from the episode's own official summary.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::