Exactly “HOW” did Vegeta achieve Super Saiyan God while training under Whis??

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Exactly “HOW” did Vegeta achieve Super Saiyan God while training under Whis??

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:14 pm

What exact training method was being used for him to attain such a divine and miraculous transformation that normally requiers a magic ritual involving 5 other good hearted Saiyans to pour their spirit energy into you???

We know Vegeta got it from Whis’ training and not the magic ritual.

What exact teachings and training methods did he get from Whis to be able to unlock that other worldly form??

Is anyone able to guess?

We know that SSJ Blue is achieved through hiding your energy/aura inside your body as deeply as you can, and then turn SSJ on top of it to turn SSJ Blue.

But what is the method to achieve SSJ God?

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Exactly “HOW” did Vegeta achieve Super Saiyan God while training under Whis??

Post by Kagari » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Nebulous training. Just like every other form he got off screen.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Exactly “HOW” did Vegeta achieve Super Saiyan God while training under Whis??

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 pm

He might've learned it when he grasped god ki in Whis' staff, or sometime later when he learned of the benefits of having SSG, and went straight to SSBlue by slapping god ki to SS in the staff. If he learned the use of God ki without the transformation, it really doesn't matter which form he learned first. Personally I think he learned it later, on his own, right before it's first appearances (manga - zamasu, anime - broly story).

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:45 pm

In the anime, he trained hard. In the movies, it's heavily implied he did the ritual after Battle of Gods between films. In the manga it's never explained, so take your pick.

It's not exactly a complex issue. Toppo actually makes it clear that one can learn to use God ki via proper training in the manga, as all Gods of Destruction are mortals that had to learn how, and Super Saiyan God is implied to just be the Saiyan version of that.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:25 pm

Probably some sort of training involving strengthening their bases and keeping that power inside, not letting it leak out. Definitely base form related.

I can't remember in RoF, but did anybody show amazement at Vegeta going blue? like were they surprised he too had that kind of power? if that happened, then the ritual for Geets it's a no go. If nobody was surprised, we could propose that was because they already contributed to the ritual and know beforehand Vegeta is on another level now.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:35 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:25 pm Probably some sort of training involving strengthening their bases and keeping that power inside, not letting it leak out. Definitely base form related.

I can't remember in RoF, but did anybody show amazement at Vegeta going blue? like were they surprised he too had that kind of power? if that happened, then the ritual for Geets it's a no go. If nobody was surprised, we could propose that was because they already contributed to the ritual and know beforehand Vegeta is on another level now.
In the movie? Frieza was the only one surprised. Vegeta heavily implied during the ritual and at the end of Battle of Gods that he'd do the ritual, and nothing in Resurrection F really contradicts that.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:39 pm

The ritual only had temporary effect, Goku lost the form when fighting Beerus.
I think the same as Blue.
Being able to raise battle power without Ki leaking out, in baseform, gives a Saiyan a SSJ / God-ki.
When a Saiyan is able raise his battle power in that amount he achieves SSJ combined with that technique, he breaks through a barrier and achieves SSJB.

They should have showed it to us earlier in the story, when they were still training with Whis.
It was confusing though the non-ritual SSJG-forms were only introduced later on from TOP onwards.
Both Goku and Vegeta gained the Red (non-ritual) and Blue-forms through Whis training.
It was never implied in the movies nor the anime adaptations, because we never actually saw the forms untill later on.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:42 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:35 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:25 pm Probably some sort of training involving strengthening their bases and keeping that power inside, not letting it leak out. Definitely base form related.

In the movie? Frieza was the only one surprised. Vegeta heavily implied during the ritual and at the end of Battle of Gods that he'd do the ritual, and nothing in Resurrection F really contradicts that.
Oh, so, yeah, then they must've helped him achieve SSG. This makes me wonder if there is a lost fight between them as SSG after Vegeta did the ritual. That would've been a crazy little arc for DBS

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:26 pm

I don't think Vegeta achieved SS God in the anime. About the manga, IMO Whis probably tell Vegeta that was another way to achieve the form, but Vegeta only made it in Trunks Saga.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:35 pm

Similarly to how did Toppo and Gokū after the ritual expired. Exactly how? No idea, but something to do with training with Angels or Hakaishins and adapting.
GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:14 pm We know that SSJ Blue is achieved through hiding your energy/aura inside your body as deeply as you can, and then turn SSJ on top of it to turn SSJ Blue.
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:25 pm Probably some sort of training involving strengthening their bases and keeping that power inside, not letting it leak out.
Mister_Popo wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:39 pm Being able to raise battle power without Ki leaking out, in baseform, gives a Saiyan a SSJ / God-ki.
I've seen this a lot. Is it from an interview or something? or just a popular head-canon?

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:44 pm

pepd wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:35 pmI've seen this a lot. Is it from an interview or something? or just a popular head-canon?
It's probably from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWNzer-wIYg

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:49 pm

I assumed he did the Super Saiyan ritual off screen between the two movies.

I'm not really looking at the Toei recap episodes. Seems like Toriyama wasn't really involved and was developing the Zamasu saga during that.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:23 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:26 pm I don't think Vegeta achieved SS God in the anime. About the manga, IMO Whis probably tell Vegeta that was another way to achieve the form, but Vegeta only made it in Trunks Saga.
Vegeta obviously DID achieve SSG in the anime, otherwise he would have never gotten SSB at all.

Because as Goku himself explains in both versions of RoF, you need SSG in order to unlock SSB because SSB is simply when you combine SSG with SSJ1.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 pm

Peach wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:49 pm I assumed he did the Super Saiyan ritual off screen between the two movies.

I'm not really looking at the Toei recap episodes. Seems like Toriyama wasn't really involved and was developing the Zamasu saga during that.
It was flat out stated by Goku in all versions of RoF that Vegeta intentionally did not use the ritual to achieve God status.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:43 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 pm It was flat out stated by Goku in all versions of RoF that Vegeta intentionally did not use the ritual to achieve God status.
Actually, Goku never says anything of the sort in the movie version of Resurrection F. Nothing is said on the topic at all in fact. The only hint in the movies for how Vegeta achieved Super Saiyan God is his suggestion that he'll do the ritual at some point at the end of Battle of Gods.

As I said, nothing in Resurrection F contradicts the idea that Vegeta attained the form this way, so the viewer is probably supposed to assume he did the ritual off-screen. At least until Super recap added the scene saying Vegeta did it on his own. But since that's an anime-only element, it's still likely in the movie continuity that it was meant to be that he simply did the ritual off-screen.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:45 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 pmIt was flat out stated by Goku in all versions of RoF that Vegeta intentionally did not use the ritual to achieve God status.
If that's the case, I would like a source from all versions that show Goku stating that "Vegeta intentionally did not use the ritual to achieve God status", if you don't mind.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:25 am

Meditation while trying to recall the feeling of everyone's ki from the ritual and anything residual he can recall from watching Gokuu fight Beers.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:38 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 pm
Peach wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:49 pm I assumed he did the Super Saiyan ritual off screen between the two movies.

It was flat out stated by Goku in all versions of RoF that Vegeta intentionally did not use the ritual to achieve God status.
Not in the movie.

Toei may have wrote that line as padding for their weekly show, but I don't take all their dialog seriously. They also said there's 21 planets left or something. BS.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:10 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:23 pmVegeta obviously DID achieve SSG in the anime, otherwise he would have never gotten SSB at all.

Because as Goku himself explains in both versions of RoF, you need SSG in order to unlock SSB because SSB is simply when you combine SSG with SSJ1.
Goku said "the power of Super Saiyan God", right? Here's the thing, I don't think that means exactly "you have to achieve SSGod", but just "you have to achieve god ki". IMO Vegeta after some training with Whis unlocked the godly ki, but he didn't transformed in SS God, at least in the anime.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:16 am

Peach wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:38 am
Sadala Elite wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 pm

Not in the movie.

Toei may have wrote that line as padding for their weekly show, but I don't take all their dialog seriously. They also said there's 21 planets left or something. BS.
While you are right that RoF had nothing of that sort, you are mistaken about the 28 planets left being Toei's fault. It was in the manga too, chapter 30, right after Bra is born, so it's was more of a Toriyama thing than a Toei's.