Think we'll ever see Pikkon again?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Think we'll ever see Pikkon again?

Post by Peach » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:25 am

I know there are some filler scenes where he fought Cell and Frieza, but everything else fits in very well.

He's one of the few non-canon characters designed by the T man himself.

And we've seen how strong fan favorite characters can become after a long hiatus. Looking at you Android 17..

Could we ever see more of this character?
Last edited by Peach on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Think we'll ever see Pikkon again?

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:06 pm

I only see him coming back(or should I say be officially introduced?) if there is an arc or an extended visit to the Other World (longer than when Goku went to recruit Freeza). Otherwise, a long-dead fighter from another quadrant of the universe should not be seen again.
Unless they introduce a bad guy that has a history with him, and they need to find him (similar to Moro and Buu), but it seems far-fetched.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:37 pm

I wouldn't say "everything else fits in very well". I mean, Paikuhan's entire existence is contradicted by this Goku's statement. After all, if there is someone like Paikuhan out there (or Paikuhan himself), why wouldn't Goku try to fuse?

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:17 pm

Hit is basically Pikkon so I don't see it happening. However, if it did, due to Goku's statement about how weak people in Otherworld were, he would have to be introduced as a dead warrior..... from another universe? or just someone from another universe.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:17 pm Hit is basically Pikkon so I don't see it happening. However, if it did, due to Goku's statement about how weak people in Otherworld were, he would have to be introduced as a dead warrior..... from another universe? or just someone from another universe.
Hit is not Pikkon. You take that back. TAKE IT BACK.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Peach wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm
Mad Swami wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:17 pm Hit is basically Pikkon so I don't see it happening. However, if it did, due to Goku's statement about how weak people in Otherworld were, he would have to be introduced as a dead warrior..... from another universe? or just someone from another universe.
Hit is not Pikkon. You take that back. TAKE IT BACK.
I'm sorry......BUT NEVER! :!:

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:35 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:37 pm I wouldn't say "everything else fits in very well". I mean, Paikuhan's entire existence is contradicted by this Goku's statement. After all, if there is someone like Paikuhan out there (or Paikuhan himself), why wouldn't Goku try to fuse?

It doesn't mean anything. Super is one big retcon, so Goku's statement mean nothing. Let's hope that Paikūhan is spared from abomination that Super is. It's best for him to remain filler.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:37 pm I wouldn't say "everything else fits in very well". I mean, Paikuhan's entire existence is contradicted by this Goku's statement. After all, if there is someone like Paikuhan out there (or Paikuhan himself), why wouldn't Goku try to fuse?

Goku might have learned fusion after attaining SS2 or even 3. In those cases he outclassed Paikuhan by a large margin.

Even then, immediately afterward, we learn that if a user pushes their ki down to match their weaker partner, then that will work. So I don't understand the "nobody at my level" line anyway. Goku could have lowered his ki to perform a (weaker) fusion.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: Think we'll ever see Paikuhan again?

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:59 pm

We might see him, I certainly wasn't expecting to see Freeza and Broly return but they did. I was surprised they didn't bring him back for the tournament of power.
Metalwario64 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:01 pmSo I don't understand the "nobody at my level" line anyway. Goku could have lowered his ki to perform a (weaker) fusion.
I blame inconsistencies like that on Toriyama making things up on the fly and being a little forgetful.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:29 pm

Trouser wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:35 pm

It doesn't mean anything. Super is one big retcon, so Goku's statement mean nothing. Let's hope that Paikūhan is spared from abomination that Super is. It's best for him to remain filler.
false .. super remained consistent regarding piccolo's explanation about the other world

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:25 pm

When you look at it, Fusion Dance is such an insanely impractical technique to use on the fly. I appreciate that the whole "perfect 90 degree angle" thing was retained in Super: Broly but I can't remember if the mirrored power levels thing was mentioned by Piccolo at all... the omission of that one is probably for the best. Then you've got Potara: stick on the earrings, bam, you're two guys now.

Anyway, Paikuhan... I'd say his return in any storytelling capacity is highly unlikely at this point. I do quite like his character in concept, but really he never had much thought put into him. If I remember rightly, Toriyama basically drew a sketch and told the animators to make another Piccolo, which they did right down to reusing old reference sheets. An official meeting between the two is long overdue. I like the idea of Goku having more pals in the Other World. Paikuhan may not be Mr. Personality but it would be nice to learn more about him. I guess he served his purpose, being Goku's strong buddy in Heaven.

Pretty sure he showed up early on in Dragon Ball Legends, right? That was pretty random. And there's rumours about him possibly being DLC in FighterZ. Maybe he does have a future.