The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Vegetes » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:15 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:38 pm What if Bulma goes with the other Z fighters to see Nappa and Vegeta in the saiyan saga?
I can't imagine anything would really change if she's just a bystander and survives. If she gets killed than she would be revived and things continue as per normal. I doubt she would remain angry at Vegeta cuz she was fine with him after Majin Vegeta and and knowing what he did in the saiyan saga.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:06 am

What if Android 16 was a cyborg (and not fully mechanical)?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:42 am

What if it wasn't against the rules for the residents of the Otherworld to have intervened in matters of the world of the living?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:27 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:42 am What if it wasn't against the rules for the residents of the Otherworld to have intervened in matters of the world of the living?
Goku might have been able to take out Fat Buu without worrying about his day pass. Vegeta might stay dead sadly.

Beerus probably wouldn't have his premeditation of the Super Saiyan God. If he did, I think he'd tell Gohan and Videl or Goku and Chichi they'd have some more kids when he comes back in a few years, or he'd destroy the Earth.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm

What if Goku didn't bump his head?
People talk about this a lot and the common agreement is that he would be evil. I disagree with that.
How I think this would go down: Goku would still be raised by Son Gohan but he knows that he is a Saiyan, He would be a chaotic neutral character because I ultimately think that Gohan's good nature was what make Goku truly pure of heart. I think Kakarot would eventually become truly pure once he trained with Kami, because in the original timeline he was naive but more than willing to kill people without giving them a chance at mercy and training with Kami made him a more merciful character.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:46 pm

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm What if Goku didn't bump his head?
People talk about this a lot and the common agreement is that he would be evil. I disagree with that.
How I think this would go down: Goku would still be raised by Son Gohan but he knows that he is a Saiyan, He would be a chaotic neutral character because I ultimately think that Gohan's good nature was what make Goku truly pure of heart. I think Kakarot would eventually become truly pure once he trained with Kami, because in the original timeline he was naive but more than willing to kill people without giving them a chance at mercy and training with Kami made him a more merciful character.
Agree. I think he would just be more aggressive. Dragon Ball, but with Gokū with a frown.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:42 pm

What if Ssjb 2 and 3 were things in Super

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:45 am

Vegetes wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:42 pm What if Ssjb 2 and 3 were things in Super
Are the power differences the same? If so then they wouldn't overly matter seeing as he can go x20 blue. However, assuming that the kaioken applies to the other SSB forms then he could go ssbX160 which would at least be omen level. So I guess Jiren and Goku and even Vegeta could have this extremely solid fight without Ui. However, Jiren is stronger than omen ui and he may just dispose of them not seeing their potential through combat quite like he did with Goku in cannon. Then again, maybe he would see even more potential

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:25 am

Vegetes wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:42 pm What if Ssjb 2 and 3 were things in Super
We wouldn’t get KK or MUI. Basically, what those two forms represent.

*New Question*

What if piccolo merged with the U6 namekians during the TOP? How powerful would he become?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:38 am

Berserker1921 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:25 am
We wouldn’t get KK or MUI. Basically, what those two forms represent.

*New Question*

What if piccolo merged with the U6 namekians during the TOP? How powerful would he become?
Anime wise they are individually stronger than Piccolo but weaker than Gohan.

So probably double ultimate Gohan when you add in Piccolos base power.

So hard to say, perhaps he'd be too strong for the bug to knock out, if he stays in the team beat Dyspo easier without having to leave.
There'd be an extra person or two in the fight versus Jiren, which would be more useful at the end.

That's assuming the fusions addition, if it's a greater than the sum of the parts/multiplacation type deal Piccolo could be a serious serious factor here.

Manga wise I'd need to see how it diverges but the boost would be smaller, they are chucked out by their own team mate, albeit not expecting it and they seem weaker, they can't resist Kale alone. But the boost might be enough to keep Piccolo in, or have him chose someone else to knock out meaning he hangs in later too and just helps with numbers versus Jiren.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:59 pm

What if Vegeta trained on Yardrat during the time between Cell and Buu? Would "Majin Vegeta" even happen, since Vegeta would likely be stronger and have learned at least one of those nifty new Spirit Control techniques?

The Forced Spirit Fission would have made Buu much more manageable.

Or what if Goku learned more than IT while on Yardrat? Seeing a giant Goku stomping around would be pretty funny. :lol:

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:28 pm

ZodiacBeast wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:59 pm What if Vegeta trained on Yardrat during the time between Cell and Buu? Would "Majin Vegeta" even happen, since Vegeta would likely be stronger and have learned at least one of those nifty new Spirit Control techniques?

The Forced Spirit Fission would have made Buu much more manageable.

Or what if Goku learned more than IT while on Yardrat? Seeing a giant Goku stomping around would be pretty funny. :lol:

If Vegeta went there and learned everything that Yardratians knew besides Instant Transmission. I suspect he would be a great deal stronger than Goku. Or about the same. With no stamina issues.

I think lowballing Vegeta would be Ssj3 level in his Ssj2 level. And maybe, super Buu level if we highball his gains from yardrat. He wouldn’t want to fight Goku or at least not be determined to do so. So, I doubt he’d be possessed by Babidi. He would beat the crap out of Buu.

Separating grand kaioshin or fat buu from the body. As well, as south kai. He would kill kid Buu and save universe. Until Beerus. He’d probably get Ssj god instead of Goku.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:43 pm

Here's one, Vegeta dies in the Cell games alongside Goku. Goku using his reputation askua for Vegeta to be given a body. Vegeta is allowed to follow Goku around as long as Vegeta agrees to behave.

Assuming Vegeta behaves as he gets to fight Kakarot as much as he wants he agrees to this deal.

How does the buu saga change when Goku and Vegeta return for the Budokai?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:57 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:43 pm Here's one, Vegeta dies in the Cell games alongside Goku. Goku using his reputation askua for Vegeta to be given a body. Vegeta is allowed to follow Goku around as long as Vegeta agrees to behave.

Assuming Vegeta behaves as he gets to fight Kakarot as much as he wants he agrees to this deal.

He would soften up and become a better person. I think trunks would be raised more by Gohan. Probably be a nerd like him and his mother.

Goku and Vegeta would both have obtained ssj3. Probably becoming stronger by it. Maybe each individually reaching super Buu level or perhaps beyond that.

If the two don’t goof off. I suspect they would have killed fat Buu and return to heaven. Until battle of Gods. By then, I suspect they would be ult Gohan to Buuhan level. Would be brought back to life by namek dragon balls.

Either Goku or Vegeta would obtain God form and give Beerus a slightly better fight. Then the two train with Whis. And the rest follows. But they are down one hero in Gohan.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:41 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:43 pm Here's one, Vegeta dies in the Cell games alongside Goku. Goku using his reputation askua for Vegeta to be given a body. Vegeta is allowed to follow Goku around as long as Vegeta agrees to behave.

Well Goku probably can't hide SS3. Vegeta at this stage would be unwilling to take any training from Kaiosama or spar with Goku, so we don't even know if he'd be better off in heaven than the Gravity chamber, he'd probably know how to do the fusion dance but be unwilling to do it.

Vegeta may even give up and ask to be reincarnated if he does see SS3.

They aren't in the CC house when Gohan mentions they talk about it.
He is also more likely to know he's no match for kakarot.
But for sake of argument if he does go he knows he can fight any time in the afterlife so he's probably irritated but willing to let things get derailed by Buu, have less of a tantrum and not attract Dabras attention.
Besides he knows even Majin wont be enough to make him SS3.

Gohan eventually gets his shit together and beats Dabra regaining a little of his battle skills and wanting to avoid an embarrising narrow loss again that was witnessed by his dad.

Goku and Vegeta go back to heaven.

Beerus may or may not get told about the saiyans in heaven, he may scrap with Gohan on earth, but between Buu not eating pudding and the remaning cast being polite like Gohan Beerus is placated by party food and leaves.

Piccolo and the humans are perhaps a tiny bit stronger knowing they can't rely on Goku and Geet's and they've seen Gohan can slack.

U6 Tourney either doesn't happen or Gohan loses to at least Hit.

Zamasu isn't as offended by the power levels and never kicks off.

No second Zeno means no ToP.

21/Hearts/Towa/Fuu/Moro end up destroying everything eventually I guess.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:30 pm

What if current Goku was sent into the past into the body of his early Dragon Ball self with all his strength and memory intact.

I wonder how he would interact with Vegeta once he came to Earth, maybe he just beats up him and Nappa a bit and leave them on earth so they can hopefully develop as people. I think it would be interesting to see how Goku would handle everything.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:50 pm

What if there was a technique like Whis' temporal do-over, except it could be used instantly over and over again (like in the middle of combat) with no cooldown period, and could rewind time as far back as the user wanted? How overpowered would that be?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:19 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:50 pm What if there was a technique like Whis' temporal do-over, except it could be used instantly over and over again (like in the middle of combat) with no cooldown period, and could rewind time as far back as the user wanted? How overpowered would that be?
You wouldn't be able to fight a character like that fairly. Attack him and he'll see how you move and then reverse time just enough to dodge. If you're fast enough to hit him before he can react and do that, you'll probably make him angry, and then he'll just go way back in time and retcon you out of existence. Practically the only way to win is to overwhelm him so quickly that he's defeated/dead before he can use his ability at all. (Or hope that he for some reason doesn't use his ability as much as he could.) In short, it'd be so overpowered that it probably wouldn't make for very good Dragon Ball content.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:17 pm

In the chapter "A Farewell to Arms", Piccolo says Imperfect Cell's Kamehameha is weak because Goku's cells were collected years ago and he had gotten stronger since then, including becoming a Super Saiyan.

What if, somehow, the cells of Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo had been collected -

1 - When the Androids first appear

Or

2 - At the Cell Games.

(Frieza and Cold's cells were as current as they could get.)

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:54 pm

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm What if Goku didn't bump his head?
Ehh. I still think he would try and dust the planet. That's just what Saiyans are programmed to do. It has nothing to do with good or evil.

Would he be successful? Probably not for many years. There's many people who could kick his ass including Roshi, Shen, Tien, and Mercenary Tao.

It would be a very sad story where destruction follows Goku wherever he goes. Him not remembering the Great Ape rampages. And lots of martial artists and assassins specifically targeting him. I can see him picking up basic martial arts from fighting Grandpa Gohan when he was alive. Gohan might be the only friend he had. Just like Broly and Ba.

He would definitely go with Raditz.

Vegetes wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:30 pm What if current Goku was sent into the past into the body of his early Dragon Ball self with all his strength and memory intact.

I wonder how he would interact with Vegeta once he came to Earth, maybe he just beats up him and Nappa a bit and leave them on earth so they can hopefully develop as people. I think it would be interesting to see how Goku would handle everything.
That would be really cool lol.

Hmm. I suppose Goku would go get his tail removed from Kami before he killed Grandpa Gohan? So Grandpa Gohan would be at all the social functions. I can't see him letting Krillin, Chiaotzu, and Roshi dying against Tambourine or Piccolo either.

Somehow I see this being like One Punch Man? He'd know how to train the most effectively at a very young age. He'd have access to King Kai's x10 gravity training his whole life since he already knows instant transmission. He would know Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan God, kaioken as a kid. All his greatest battles would end with a flick of his finger. He'd be an unstoppable Jiren level monster and feel very bored/unfulfilled.