"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gt91
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gt91 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:24 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:19 pm Tournament in game and not online event will probably force me to return... I really did enjoy that bonus Fu story stuff and this game does not have the option to throw tournament. Add it in, make it Tournament Of Power against timelines made by Xeno and I am happy.

BTW I have never finished the fight against Mira with true ending... how can I achieve it?
Defeat the final boss (mira) in under 2 minutes. I don't know if you have to master all the mentors.
I read that it's bugged sometimes, so try until you get it :)

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:54 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:50 am But they need you to spend time with the game, fuel it by playing the modes they want you to play, pay for the in-game currency...
Why you should be give the character right away for free, try it few times and then not touching the game again?
Because that is what I did with the last DLCs :lol:
Microtransactions should not be part of a fighting game. Money was spent for the purchase of the game. Engagement happened when playing said game. One stops playing when it is no longer fun. That happened rather quickly for a number of people given how little actually changed between XV1&2. It's why people mocked it as just being XV1.5 instead of an actual sequel.

When I think of DLC, I think of things like for Warcraft or SWTOR or the Witcher games. What you're actually getting with them is often considerably more content for what generally amounts to another 20-30$. The same isn't true for games like Xenoverse. The amount of content you get is extremely minimalist and more time is spent fighting with RNG than anything else. That's not engagement. It's not entertaining. It's just a time sink with no real reward and no real feeling of accomplishment.

It was the same with level grinding. It becomes so tedious and next to impossible after getting close to lv90 that everyone doesn't bother grinding missions for, at best, 100k exp, when you need like 5million and each mission is generally 10-15min to complete. So if you have to do that 50 times for just one level, and you can get right back into another mission immediately, that's still 8.3hrs of grinding. For one level. It's no wonder at all that players would rather spend 30min grinding "The Destruction of Namek" over and over again to collect all 7 dragon balls and just wishing for levels, given it's considerably faster.

And yet that doesn't make you feel accomplished either There was no fun to be had there. It's just mind-numbing and tedious. It gets even worse if you want to get all your alts up to lv99 and the game just doesn't let you use the Dragon Balls to wish them up to that level each time once one of them has already reached Lv99. So you're stuck running the same content that wasn't all that interesting to begin with, again and again and again.

The DLC's, at best, are maybe an hour or two of actual content. For all the DLC's. The rest of it is just grinding. If people wanting to grind for fun, they'd just go play Monster Hunter World now. As with any fighting game, the only real fun to be had is fighting other players. But when you can't connect, or the server keeps dropping people and lagging them, then it just becomes a chore. Never mind when it becomes Pay 2 Win. Because if you don't buy the DLC, then you don't get the next super special move that ruins your shit. So now you either have to buy to be competitive, or skip it entirely and avoid online matches. In which case, you're just not having fun anymore.

I want them to stop keeping this zombie alive. Let it die and actually give us a better sequel.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:53 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:19 pm BTW I have never finished the fight against Mira with true ending... how can I achieve it?
Try beating him under 2 minutes.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:42 pm

YuseiFudou wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:53 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:19 pm BTW I have never finished the fight against Mira with true ending... how can I achieve it?
Try beating him under 2 minutes.
Just one form or all of him?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:16 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:54 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:50 am But they need you to spend time with the game, fuel it by playing the modes they want you to play, pay for the in-game currency...
Why you should be give the character right away for free, try it few times and then not touching the game again?
Because that is what I did with the last DLCs :lol:
The DLC's, at best, are maybe an hour or two of actual content. For all the DLC's. The rest of it is just grinding. If people wanting to grind for fun, they'd just go play Monster Hunter World now. As with any fighting game, the only real fun to be had is fighting other players. But when you can't connect, or the server keeps dropping people and lagging them, then it just becomes a chore. Never mind when it becomes Pay 2 Win. Because if you don't buy the DLC, then you don't get the next super special move that ruins your shit. So now you either have to buy to be competitive, or skip it entirely and avoid online matches. In which case, you're just not having fun anymore.

I want them to stop keeping this zombie alive. Let it die and actually give us a better sequel.
I totally regret buying the DLC, but this little bit makes me realize I wasted much more money than I thought. When I bought XV2 I thought thought they would eventually add some cool what-if scenarios in, but the DBS DLC gave us nothing new. It was just the same old "kill the overhealed purple character" Xenoverse 1 and Xenoverse 2's base game had, but with Super instead of Z.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:32 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:42 pm
Just one form or all of him?
Pretty much all of him. From the very first fight when you face him while he's simply powered up till the last fight after he absorbs Towa. If you succeed, you'll see the Z Fighters show up and you'll finish Mira with a Dragon Fist.
If not you'll see Goku do it instead, so you'll know whether you got it or not. :)

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:35 pm

Xenoverse 2 won't be coming to next gen consoles and the early leaks, that said it was, were actually incorrect.

Let's wait for xenoverse 3.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:10 pm

Gt91 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:35 pm Xenoverse 2 won't be coming to next gen consoles and the early leaks, that said it was, were actually incorrect.

You sure about that? because that was widely reported by some many different people as a fact everywhere is hard to believe that many would screw up something so important and since the game has received endless DLC till now it wasn't that crazy when you think about it like with Rockstar still milking GTA V, hope is just like you said because i want to see news about Xenoverse 3 soon.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:10 pm
Gt91 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:35 pm Xenoverse 2 won't be coming to next gen consoles and the early leaks, that said it was, were actually incorrect.

You sure about that? because that was widely reported by some many different people as a fact everywhere is hard to believe that many would screw up something so important and since the game has received endless DLC till now it wasn't that crazy when you think about it like with Rockstar still milking GTA V, hope is just like you said because i want to see news about Xenoverse 3 soon.
It's more likely that XV2 is just gonna be backwards compatible. On Series X, that's a certainty, & it's more than likely for PS5. It's better for the devs to put all their resources into XV3 for the 9th gen consoles, like how XV2 was just for Xbox One & PS4.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:42 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:10 pmYou sure about that?
I'm no insider, but considering that no one has officially announced it yet, I think it's safe to say it was a massive translation error.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:48 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:42 pm
Dragotaker wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:10 pmYou sure about that?
I'm no insider, but considering that no one has officially announced it yet, I think it's safe to say it was a massive translation error.
It is like while back, that fans were reporting that Dragon Ball Super is returning for sure... and I say, fans are behaving like this for the twenty years I am a fan. That is why I only trust official sources as why should people outside of Japan have inside info in the first place?
Only one time, DB Kai leaked here on Kanzenshuu forums from one guy working for TOEI on Phillipines and he was quickly fired.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:05 am

Dragotaker wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:10 pm

Dragonball Hype said that on twitter. There are some videos on youtube as well (ss cabby ecc).
Personally i don't want a XV2 on next gen. I hope to see a XV3 in 2021 or early 2022.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:25 am

Gt91 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:05 am Personally i don't want a XV2 on next gen. I hope to see a XV3 in 2021 or early 2022.
I think 2022 is more likely, as the last 3 games were released in 2016, 2018, & 2020, so it looks like they're going with a 1 year gap between each game.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:17 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:25 am
Gt91 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:05 am Personally i don't want a XV2 on next gen. I hope to see a XV3 in 2021 or early 2022.
I think 2022 is more likely, as the last 3 games were released in 2016, 2018, & 2020, so it looks like they're going with a 1 year gap between each game.
It's fine for me :D
They have had a lot of time to improve the game, so i hope to see something great with XV3. They have no excuses this time xD

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:25 pm

Gt91 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:17 pmThey have had a lot of time to improve the game. I hope to see something great with XV3. They have no excuses this time xD
Bandai is holding a live event on the 22nd of this month, which is only 2 days after V-Jump where they announce new games. Considering both Jump force and Kakarot got announced/presented during E3, it seems logical for them to announce something at their upcoming event.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:31 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:25 pm
Gt91 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:17 pmThey have had a lot of time to improve the game. I hope to see something great with XV3. They have no excuses this time xD
Bandai is holding a live event on the 22nd of this month, which is only 2 days after V-Jump where they announce new games. Considering both Jump force and Kakarot got announced/presented during E3, it seems logical for them to announce something at their upcoming event.
That's great! Finger crossed :D

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:25 pm Bandai is holding a live event on the 22nd of this month, which is only 2 days after V-Jump where they announce new games.
Inb4 "XENOVERSE 2 IS HEADED TO PS5!"

But yeah definitely fingers crossed for XV3, I really hope they announce that they are at least working on it, or planning to.
My wishlist is just piling up at this point :lol:

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:54 pm

With the sheer abundance of DLC’s that this game received, I’m just left here wondering what they could possibly do for a third game at this point. I can’t imagine they’re going to put that much emphasis on improving the combat system.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:22 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:54 pm I can’t imagine they’re going to put that much emphasis on improving the combat system.
They've got a lot of things to fix, but the combat should be improved.
Cause right now anyone that I face who loses the first time, always picks Hit during the 2nd fight and so on.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:00 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:54 pm With the sheer abundance of DLC’s that this game received, I’m just left here wondering what they could possibly do for a third game at this point. I can’t imagine they’re going to put that much emphasis on improving the combat system.
The Story, for me that's all they need to do, forget about revisiting DB Story all over like the past two games and go full Dragon Ball Heroes, like that Fu DLC but more extreme with brand new villains, transformations, etc.