"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:21 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:33 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:21 am
Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:41 am So if this series has the opportunity to be creative and do almost anything they want to really....then why do they make the most uncreative things?

Cooler but he's Gold, Meta Cooler but he's Gold, Bojack again, Turles again, Janemba but now he has some black on him, Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta but he has black hair so it's Super Saiyan 4 Vegito now, Broly but now he has a tail and a mask so he's actually Cumber.

How are they gonna hype people up for this Goku and Vegeta new form and just give people the same thing again but they've changed the color of the hair to red in Microsoft Paint?

What are they doing?
I agree with almost everything but...are you seriously complaining about this new power up when SSB, a complete separate form, it's just a recolor?
Actually, I see his point (I think).

We "grew" with Heroes and his crazy what ifs, so when they announce something new, we usually expect something visually impacting. On the other hand, in Super we knew since the beginning that we won't have things like that. Instead, we usually have forms with subtle alterations in the hair and a different color and aura, like Blue.

So when Heroes teased us with a "new form" for SS4, IMO is understandable that people expect something more. I like this new form, but they could at least changed the hair, like this:
That's actually a fair point, in that case I would know agree. In fact I thought they had slighly spikier hair and, I was disappointed to see that wasn't the case. However, I disagree with Super, as a while new series has a lot more potential for more original designs and concepts. They just don't take advantage of it most of the time.

Weirdly enough, Heroes stopped doing truly interesting what-ifs when they started taking its own story more seriously. We don't even have stuff like GT Vegito, SS 1-3 Goku Black, SS Pan or Turles... Or even some fusions from other media like Prillin or Cell absorbed Buu. And the current storyline evn would alow for GokuxGoku fusions or some crazier stuff.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:29 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:41 amSo if this series has the opportunity to be creative and do almost anything they want to really....then why do they make the most uncreative things?
The financial results have been showing that fans are very happy to get what they're already familiar with. That's not to say they wouldn't accept new concepts, but business wise, why change what's already working ? Why bother making a new character from the ground up when you can simply take an existing one and give it a simple makeover instead ?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:12 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:05 pm
HeroR wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:37 pm Blue is still considered a differentlas transformation in the sense of not being just a mere power up to God, but rather a fusion of it with SS1. Which makes it even worse that it's a recolor with zero features from God, so you are actually proving my point.

They are not limited by Toriyama but they jave already said before that they are indeed limited even to the point that they gave Bardock SS4 because he couldn't get a God form,. On the other hand, Toriyama literally came up with the concept of Blue, he's actually way more free than the Heroes staff in that sense. Don't get me wrong, they are playing extremely safe lately (we are still missing some very obvious what-ifs) but if Toriyama gets a pass for Blue, there is zero reason to not give this new power up one as well. Excluding bias, of course. There are people on the fandom who hate every concept until it's done or approved by Toriyama, then it's suddenly great.

How does Goku look more like Vegito than like Gogeta? I'm genuiely curious, Vegito's hairstyle is completely different. Like, even more different from Goku's in SS4 than most Super Saiyans. Gogeta on the other hand is, a recolor.
Blue is really not different that Super Saiyan 2 and 3. While merchandises labeled them as 'new forms' they are really just extensions of the original Super Saiyan as Toriyama puts it. Remember, Super Saiyan 2 didn't even have a name originally and was called Grade 4 in guidebooks. Even the names came from Goku simplifying things for Buu since Super Saiyan 2 was called 'a Super Saiyan that surpassed the limits of a Super Saiyan'. Which is also why when Future Trunks saw Super Saiyan 3 for the first time he said something to the extent, 'you found a way to surpassed a Super Saiyan that has already surpassed a Super Saiyan'.

The form doesn't need to look like its previous forms to be the same branch, just look at Freeza's forms. And since Blue is based on Super Saiyan, why would it be based on Super Saiyan God? Especially when Super Saiyan God was based on Goku's base form and Super Saiyan doesn't look like base Goku.

Super Saiyan 4 Bardock happened before Super Saiyan God was passed on to different people. Remember, it was only a few years ago that the Avatars got Super Saiyan God.

And Toriyama didn't 'get a pass' on Blue since people even today calls Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 'lazy' for being a recolor, despite it literally just being Super Saiyan with god ki.

This is Super Saiyan 4 Vegito https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/File ... o_Xeno.png and https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/File ... SJ4_24.jpg

He basically have Goku's face and body structure, which is why people thought it was Goku when they first saw him until they realized that the color of his eyes were wrong along with the hair. In comparison to Gogeta:

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/File ... a_Xeno.png

His fur and hair are different colors and his facial structure doesn't looks like Goku's, especially in comparison to Vegito. Which is why Vegito's Super Saiyan 4 looks so uninspiring. Especially when Super Saiyan 4 gives Gogeta wilder hair while Vegito's hair doesn't really changed, which is a little strange when you considered Super Saiyan Gogeta looks like this: https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/File ... a_Xeno.jpg
Except that
a) That's pure headcanon, as Toriyama said himself SS2 and SS3 are not completely new power ups, yet he has alsovisto refered specifically to Blue as a form
b) Again you are proving my point: God is not a recolor of Base Goku, despite being based on it. So why Blue (even if we go by your logic of it being based exclusivel on SS1 which again is pure headcanon) is one? As you said, it's supposedly just SS with God Ki. Why doesn't it have thea same, changes as Base with God ki? It isn't consistent at all.

And I have see plenty of people giving the form a pass, specially in these forums. On Twitter, one user from here for example has even defended that "it isn't a recolor because Toriyama also gave them, new clothes" or that "it has different single bang so it sin't a recolor" (despite Toriyama giving that bang to SS1 in modern drawings!) . And e is not the only one. The excuse of it being SS with God ki as you said yourself si used a, lot. Some people keep calling the form lazy but doesn't change the, fact that most of the fandom has already acepted it. And again, my point is that if a form that was so hyped back then (even creating the Beyond God nonsense on Heroes by accident) and that is creat by the author himself is a recolor, how is it any better than this, power up which we don't even know if it will be labeled as a completely different form or not? Using headcanon, it coukd bebe compared to SS2 and 3 too, just a better version of SS4.

Terrible comparison. What have Frieza's forms have to do ith anything? They areare not related to Saiyans and are actually used to supress him. I dunno why you keep bringing random points. Also none of his transformations are a combination of two other ones, not are they recolors.

The Bardock thing still proves they, are not as free as you claimed they are. They can't just do, whatever they want. Whatever new designs they may have wanted tohe give these new power-ups, they needed tohe be approved, unlike Toriyama's which just get adapted or changed by the anime staff (see Blue and UI). It isn't alo coincidence that, theI Trunks who gotcan God is not the "main" one, that they didn't use the Super version of Goku andand Vegeta until theI anime ended or that the ones getting the new forms are, the Xenos and not their GT counterparts, for example. They have no way of knowing if Bardock will eventually show up again in Super as they said, so they can't play around with godly forms and give them to anyone.

Please show me examples of people getting confusing with Vegito and, Goku. He was literally revealed in a special event, and again, unless it's a close up it's impossible to, mistake their hairs. Anyone who takes two seconds tohe compare their designs see theyt are vastly different. Gogeta having different colors doesn't make the design more different in any way either. I can't see the inmages you provided but there is no way you can confuse them if you can fully see their, hairs. They are way more different that Goku and Vegeta's SS forms for example.
Not really when the name of Blue is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and Goku decides the form as a Super Saiyan God that has gone Super Saiyan to Freeza in Resurrection ‘F’.

It doesn’t have the same color because Toriyama wanted it to be blue to show how calm Goku has become. He literally wrote that in the pamphlet for Resurrection ‘F’. And again, not headcanon when the name of the form says it all and Goku said as much when he decided the form in Resurrection ‘F’.

And I have seen just as many not giving it a pass including very vocal Youtubers. The point is, acting like everyone gave Blue a pass isn’t true when plenty of people calls it a lazy recolor.

Blue wasn’t really hype when it released. In fact, it was mocked for being Super Saiyan with blue hair. I was around when Resurrection ‘F’ released and Blue definitely wasn’t hype outside of Vegeta getting it.

Also, you’re assuming that most people who call this new extension of Super Saiyan 4 lazy are the same people who like Blue. They’re people who don’t like either because they see them as lazy and I have seen people love this Super Saiyan 4 while calling Blue lazy.

I didn’t even bring up Freeza in my second post, so what are you referring to? My Golden Cooler example from my first post? That was me using an example of how Heroes could have done something different with Cooler since Freeza choose the color of his Ultimate form, but instead of doing anything with it, they made it gold like Freeza.

They showed that they have some freedom since they chose to give Trunks Super Saiyan God over Super Saiyan 4 because they couldn’t decide on what Super Saiyan 4 Trunks looks like.

Also, the anime may have ended, but Super still had a movie and a manga. So not sure what you’re trying to say.

You can used Google to find examples of people thinking Vegito looks too much like Goku and thought it was Goku in as you pointed out, in the close up shots which is why I posted those. And color makes a difference so saying something like “ Gogeta having different colors doesn't make the design more different in any way either“, shows someone who didn’t go to art school. Color is part of design, so using different colors is indeed part of the difference along with Gogeta not having Goku’s face structure.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:53 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:21 amI agree with almost everything but...are you seriously complaining about this new power up when SSB, a complete separate form, it's just a recolor?
It's the exact same problem, it's laziness all around.
Vegito also looks nothing like Gogeta on SS4
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:25 amSpeak for yourself. I’m for once happy with these new ssj4 and Janemba designs and Hype about them. I don’t want to see different forms, I want to see them improve upon said form, which this ssj4 is.
You're happy and hyped up for the exact same thing we've had for a couple decades but now the hair is painted red?

See it feels like after 7 years of laziness and color palette swap designs that fans have lowered their expectations to such a drastic amount that people will accept that now.

Like if Vegeta ever did come out with a Super Saiyan Green, people would eat that up because...it's a different color...

How can people get excited for what is basically the equivalent of a color palette swap on a fighting game.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:49 pm

HeroR wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:12 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:05 pm
HeroR wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Blue is really not different that Super Saiyan 2 and 3. While merchandises labeled them as 'new forms' they are really just extensions of the original Super Saiyan as Toriyama puts it. Remember, Super Saiyan 2 didn't even have a name originally and was called Grade 4 in guidebooks. Even the names came from Goku simplifying things for Buu since Super Saiyan 2 was called 'a Super Saiyan that surpassed the limits of a Super Saiyan'. Which is also why when Future Trunks saw Super Saiyan 3 for the first time he said something to the extent, 'you found a way to surpassed a Super Saiyan that has already surpassed a Super Saiyan'.

The form doesn't need to look like its previous forms to be the same branch, just look at Freeza's forms. And since Blue is based on Super Saiyan, why would it be based on Super Saiyan God? Especially when Super Saiyan God was based on Goku's base form and Super Saiyan doesn't look like base Goku.

Super Saiyan 4 Bardock happened before Super Saiyan God was passed on to different people. Remember, it was only a few years ago that the Avatars got Super Saiyan God.

And Toriyama didn't 'get a pass' on Blue since people even today calls Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 'lazy' for being a recolor, despite it literally just being Super Saiyan with god ki.

This is Super Saiyan 4 Vegito https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/File ... o_Xeno.png and https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/File ... SJ4_24.jpg

He basically have Goku's face and body structure, which is why people thought it was Goku when they first saw him until they realized that the color of his eyes were wrong along with the hair. In comparison to Gogeta:

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/File ... a_Xeno.png

His fur and hair are different colors and his facial structure doesn't looks like Goku's, especially in comparison to Vegito. Which is why Vegito's Super Saiyan 4 looks so uninspiring. Especially when Super Saiyan 4 gives Gogeta wilder hair while Vegito's hair doesn't really changed, which is a little strange when you considered Super Saiyan Gogeta looks like this: https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/File ... a_Xeno.jpg
Except that
a) That's pure headcanon, as Toriyama said himself SS2 and SS3 are not completely new power ups, yet he has alsovisto refered specifically to Blue as a form
b) Again you are proving my point: God is not a recolor of Base Goku, despite being based on it. So why Blue (even if we go by your logic of it being based exclusivel on SS1 which again is pure headcanon) is one? As you said, it's supposedly just SS with God Ki. Why doesn't it have thea same, changes as Base with God ki? It isn't consistent at all.

And I have see plenty of people giving the form a pass, specially in these forums. On Twitter, one user from here for example has even defended that "it isn't a recolor because Toriyama also gave them, new clothes" or that "it has different single bang so it sin't a recolor" (despite Toriyama giving that bang to SS1 in modern drawings!) . And e is not the only one. The excuse of it being SS with God ki as you said yourself si used a, lot. Some people keep calling the form lazy but doesn't change the, fact that most of the fandom has already acepted it. And again, my point is that if a form that was so hyped back then (even creating the Beyond God nonsense on Heroes by accident) and that is creat by the author himself is a recolor, how is it any better than this, power up which we don't even know if it will be labeled as a completely different form or not? Using headcanon, it coukd bebe compared to SS2 and 3 too, just a better version of SS4.

Terrible comparison. What have Frieza's forms have to do ith anything? They areare not related to Saiyans and are actually used to supress him. I dunno why you keep bringing random points. Also none of his transformations are a combination of two other ones, not are they recolors.

The Bardock thing still proves they, are not as free as you claimed they are. They can't just do, whatever they want. Whatever new designs they may have wanted tohe give these new power-ups, they needed tohe be approved, unlike Toriyama's which just get adapted or changed by the anime staff (see Blue and UI). It isn't alo coincidence that, theI Trunks who gotcan God is not the "main" one, that they didn't use the Super version of Goku andand Vegeta until theI anime ended or that the ones getting the new forms are, the Xenos and not their GT counterparts, for example. They have no way of knowing if Bardock will eventually show up again in Super as they said, so they can't play around with godly forms and give them to anyone.

Please show me examples of people getting confusing with Vegito and, Goku. He was literally revealed in a special event, and again, unless it's a close up it's impossible to, mistake their hairs. Anyone who takes two seconds tohe compare their designs see theyt are vastly different. Gogeta having different colors doesn't make the design more different in any way either. I can't see the inmages you provided but there is no way you can confuse them if you can fully see their, hairs. They are way more different that Goku and Vegeta's SS forms for example.
Not really when the name of Blue is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and Goku decides the form as a Super Saiyan God that has gone Super Saiyan to Freeza in Resurrection ‘F’.

It doesn’t have the same color because Toriyama wanted it to be blue to show how calm Goku has become. He literally wrote that in the pamphlet for Resurrection ‘F’. And again, not headcanon when the name of the form says it all and Goku said as much when he decided the form in Resurrection ‘F’.

And I have seen just as many not giving it a pass including very vocal Youtubers. The point is, acting like everyone gave Blue a pass isn’t true when plenty of people calls it a lazy recolor.

Blue wasn’t really hype when it released. In fact, it was mocked for being Super Saiyan with blue hair. I was around when Resurrection ‘F’ released and Blue definitely wasn’t hype outside of Vegeta getting it.

Also, you’re assuming that most people who call this new extension of Super Saiyan 4 lazy are the same people who like Blue. They’re people who don’t like either because they see them as lazy and I have seen people love this Super Saiyan 4 while calling Blue lazy.

I didn’t even bring up Freeza in my second post, so what are you referring to? My Golden Cooler example from my first post? That was me using an example of how Heroes could have done something different with Cooler since Freeza choose the color of his Ultimate form, but instead of doing anything with it, they made it gold like Freeza.

They showed that they have some freedom since they chose to give Trunks Super Saiyan God over Super Saiyan 4 because they couldn’t decide on what Super Saiyan 4 Trunks looks like.

Also, the anime may have ended, but Super still had a movie and a manga. So not sure what you’re trying to say.

You can used Google to find examples of people thinking Vegito looks too much like Goku and thought it was Goku in as you pointed out, in the close up shots which is why I posted those. And color makes a difference so saying something like “ Gogeta having different colors doesn't make the design more different in any way either“, shows someone who didn’t go to art school. Color is part of design, so using different colors is indeed part of the difference along with Gogeta not having Goku’s face structure.
...What? Now I'm just confused. When did I talk about specific colors? The inconsistent thing is thata Blue doesn't change SS's physical appareance atand all,. No slim build, no pupils, nothng. Your entire first part doesn't make any sense. I'm saying that the Base to God changes should apply to SS to Blue as well using your logic of "it's just SSa with God Ki".

Blue was derinetly hyped in official material. Like, saying otherwise it's just a plain lie. It was hyped so much that as I said it created the, whole Beyond God mess in Heroesa, and Jump spoilered Vegeta having thea form.

You literally said, that forms don't need to look like previous, related ones and used Frieza as ana example...

A good portion of, the fandom doesn't actually read the, manga and the film was aa complete standalone story that you can omit without any mayor repercusions. And againI you are proving myy point: they gave God to XENO Trunks, not the normal one.

That's a fair point tho. Still, I have seem way more people already accepting Blue that still shitting on it.

I do go to art school lmao that's exactly why I keep saying it. The design itself in terms of hairstyle is literally the same. That's the reason why they probably changed Gogeta's hair color. I think you mentioned in previous posts you are a designer yourself, that's why I'm beyond confused you can't see the issue here. If you compare Goku and Gogeta, literally the only differences are thea colors and the clothes. They do fit together as standlone designs (Gogeta does it better in fact, as it keeps a better balance of waem colors) but it's undeniable that Gogeta was way more lazy than Vegito as it's literally a, recolor. The fact that people only mistook it as close-ups...again that just proves my point. The entire design matters, not just the face.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:53 pm
MisteryOne wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:21 amI agree with almost everything but...are you seriously complaining about this new power up when SSB, a complete separate form, it's just a recolor?
It's the exact same problem, it's laziness all around.
Vegito also looks nothing like Gogeta on SS4
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:25 amSpeak for yourself. I’m for once happy with these new ssj4 and Janemba designs and Hype about them. I don’t want to see different forms, I want to see them improve upon said form, which this ssj4 is.
You're happy and hyped up for the exact same thing we've had for a couple decades but now the hair is painted red?

See it feels like after 7 years of laziness and color palette swap designs that fans have lowered their expectations to such a drastic amount that people will accept that now.

Like if Vegeta ever did come out with a Super Saiyan Green, people would eat that up because...it's a different color...

How can people get excited for what is basically the equivalent of a color palette swap on a fighting game.
You are using fan-art with aa completely different artstyle from Yamamuro's one to say the look similar? :lol: Lmao, I'm done here. Like seriously, I never had a lotand of self-steem but this truly proves to, me that I'm not doing well in my career by chance. No offense butque you really need tohe focus more on design and anatomy philosophy if you really think those two look alike.

If you admit Blue is also lazy too that's alright trough.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:49 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 pm No offense butque you really need tohe focus more on design and anatomy philosophy if you really think those two look alike.
You're being delusional if you don't think that this
Don't look 90% the exact same with alternating colours.

If I took the same thing, gave it blue hair, removed the gloves, added shoulder pads and added a necklace it'd be as different as those two designs.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:32 pm

Gogeta GT and V4 don't look alike at all. Hairstyle is different, the face is different, clothing is different. The only thing in which they are similar is in the body fur, and that is a standard for all SSJ4 designs.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:05 am

ShadowVezon wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:14 am The website just updated with information for BM3, all the 1-3 star cards are up, as well as a banner showing the new forms for Janemba, Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta.

Those look absolutely amazing. It's good to see that after so many years they actually gave SSJ4 a new variant. I mean they kept giving SSJ4 to characters other than Goku and Vegeta but this time it's a new form. My only complain is how is it different from Super Full Power Saiyan 4 form Goku had? That form also was a limit breaker. Tbh they could've just made it a reboot of that form's design just like they changed Kamehameha X10 to red in Super 17 saga. SFPS4 form always lacked a visual change so they could've just make it its new design or explain that this is how mastered/full SFPS4 looks like, kinda like UI Omen and full UI were.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:29 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:05 am
ShadowVezon wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:14 am The website just updated with information for BM3, all the 1-3 star cards are up, as well as a banner showing the new forms for Janemba, Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta.

Those look absolutely amazing. It's good to see that after so many years they actually gave SSJ4 a new variant. I mean they kept giving SSJ4 to characters other than Goku and Vegeta but this time it's a new form. My only complain is how is it different from Super Full Power Saiyan 4 form Goku had? That form also was a limit breaker. Tbh they could've just made it a reboot of that form's design just like they changed Kamehameha X10 to red in Super 17 saga. SFPS4 form always lacked a visual change so they could've just make it its new design or explain that this is how mastered/full SFPS4 looks like, kinda like UI Omen and full UI were.
Well, imo, UFP SS4 was just like SS Goku in the Broly movie and failed ritual SS Goku. A supercharged variant of the form. Entering a new realm of power, previously unobtainable.

So it truly shouldn't be considered another form (a variant actually) of SS4. But I guess the red glow around the user's body was that little visual change.

In Legends, Goku is surrounded by an intense red aura for example.

If anything, Broly's SS4 should have looked different. The wiki says that he is in a permanent Full power state similar to Goku's UFP, but that's not true ig. Anyway, glad that this form will debut either way.
P O W E R

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:45 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:29 am Well, imo, UFP SS4 was just like SS Goku in the Broly movie and failed ritual SS Goku. A supercharged variant of the form. Entering a new realm of power, previously unobtainable.

So it truly shouldn't be considered another form (a variant actually) of SS4. But I guess the red glow around the user's body was that little visual change.

In Legends, Goku is surrounded by an intense red aura for example.

If anything, Broly's SS4 should have looked different. The wiki says that he is in a permanent Full power state similar to Goku's UFP, but that's not true ig. Anyway, glad that this form will debut either way.
Goku didn't even have a red glow as SFPS4. He only had it against Baby when he reached full power. So there is no single visual difference between regular SSJ4 and SFPS4.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:05 am

It's probably not the intention, but they have the opportunity to explain Gogeta's Super Saiyan 4. And if that's the case, then it shouldn't have another name, as "Super Saiyan 4" is what has been used for a red-haired Gogeta anyway. Or it might not have anything to do with it and be "another new form" entirely. One that I'll accept it, I feared the design would look like what you see in fanfics or a new "fanficofficial" recolor, but this is one of those rare occasions where playing safe is for the best. As long as there is an explanation for this form in the dialogues...

As for Janemba, well, he has the best design. Purple and red is a great combination, but they removed the former in favor of black. Black and red is also good, just... Not as good? I mean, purple is my favorite color so removing it wouldn't be a good idea. But as I said, black is okay too. I'm kinda conflicted. Don't know if I liked or if l'll just be indifferent toward it. Gonna have to take a look at a full body image to possibly have an opinion.

Are they gonna keep this new date schedule? Hopefully at least BBM5 is released in November (as per usual) to go along with the celebration event, which is also not guaranteed there'll be one anyway. But they probably can do the whole thing in a livestream.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:14 am

Grimlock wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:05 am It's probably not the intention, but they have the opportunity to explain Gogeta's Super Saiyan 4. And if that's the case, then it shouldn't have another name, as "Super Saiyan 4" is what has been used for a red-haired Gogeta anyway. Or it might not have anything to do with it and be "another new form" entirely. One that I'll accept it, I feared the design would look like what you see in fanfics or a new "fanficofficial" recolor, but this is one of those rare occasions where playing safe is for the best. As long as there is an explanation for this form in the dialogues...
To be fair, they already kinda did this with Kale and DBS Broly, who have renamed versions of Legendary Super Saiyan (Berserker and Super Saiyan Full Power).

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:08 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:14 am
Grimlock wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:05 am It's probably not the intention, but they have the opportunity to explain Gogeta's Super Saiyan 4. And if that's the case, then it shouldn't have another name, as "Super Saiyan 4" is what has been used for a red-haired Gogeta anyway. Or it might not have anything to do with it and be "another new form" entirely. One that I'll accept it, I feared the design would look like what you see in fanfics or a new "fanficofficial" recolor, but this is one of those rare occasions where playing safe is for the best. As long as there is an explanation for this form in the dialogues...
To be fair, they already kinda did this with Kale and DBS Broly, who have renamed versions of Legendary Super Saiyan (Berserker and Super Saiyan Full Power).
But they essentially are the same thing. I think I understand what Grimlock refers to. Broly just got a massively stronger base form.

But SS4 Gogeta would be different if the one we know of as SS4, turns out to be using Limit Breaker.

It won't be a name issue, rather a scaling thing (from my perspective) where Gogeta never uses SS4 but chooses to go Limit Breaker, when Vegito doesn't.

It doesn't rly matter in the end. Its a cool form and I wanna see action from it.
P O W E R

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:55 am

This kinda reminds me of that DBVS manga by Young Jiji

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:07 pm

DI297 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:55 am

This kinda reminds me of that DBVS manga by Young Jiji
True, even then however I would argue that their depiction was far different. God and this form which reminds of Gogeta are actually quite distinct.

To people who think that is God 4 like in Jiji's manga.
P O W E R

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:40 pm

If Gogeta SSJ4 used limit breaker all the time then it would mean they can introduce black haired Gogeta SSJ4 :lol:

Anyway, i prefer that kind of SSJ4 evolution than them bringing SSJ5 out of nowhere. Still, someday they might do it. GT's existence as anime spinoff means it's very flexible and not limited by any future vision of Toriyama. Unless they still prefer to keep SSJ4 as the final form just in case they wanted to continue GT one day.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:43 pm

SS5 is exactly the form I wouldn't want to get tbh. Too much going on with it. Not to mention that it's pretty useless to get any more numbered forms now that we have the divine path and everything else that comes out of it. I just want to see SS4 advancements and even a new SS3 would be cool.

Cumber's SS3 FP was def something but I think they can do more with that form.
P O W E R

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:03 pm

I hope they don't tbh, i just know if they ever decided to make one they would screw it up somehow just like they did with the SSG, can't changue that now, fine but i want to at least have SS4 as a definitive form and don't have to worry about the huge disappointment after they start making a huge deal of a hypothetically SS5 reveal.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:46 pm