"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:30 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:28 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:25 pm Everyone jumps Moro, but he easily takes them down, and even manages to hit Piccolo with a special beam cannon.
Yeah honestly, that's what gonna happen. Moro might as well kill one of the Z fighters to showcase his 'Perfect' power. Since Goku and Vegeta are basically out of commision, the B tier fighters are fucked. Their best bet is to hope Moro won't blitz them.
Gohan (thankfully and surprisingly) snaps at Moro after what he did to Goku, but he was able to take him down with one hit.
You mean Toyo actually writes some good character-based emoting for once?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:39 pm

At this point there is no way Merus won't interfere in any shape or form.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:40 pm

talk about wanking a villain lmaoo

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:43 pm

told ya'll SUPER was predictable

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:43 pm

DBZ Macky wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:39 pm At this point there is no way Merus won't interfere in any shape or form.
He does unfortunately, without Beerus even.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:44 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:43 pm
told ya'll SUPER was predictable
If Merus takes him out it'll kill this entire arc for me.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:45 pm

Zamasu arc ending 2.0
Villain gets too strong, everyone jobs/dies, outside help

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:46 pm

Wait a minute. How the fuck did Merus leave Whis' supervision? Doesn't he realize that he puts a lot at risk given what the Grand Priest has instructed?

Or will he get the 'Merus, you may have broken the law, but it's was for the greater good of the multiverse, revered Zeno has created, so you will return with me to the angel realm for now'
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:47 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:46 pm Wait a minute. How the fuck did Merus leave Whis' supervision? Doesn't he realize that he puts a lot at risk given what the Grand Priest has instructed?

Or will he get the 'Merus, you may have broken the law, but it's was for the greater good of the multiverse, revered Zeno has created, so you will return with me to the angel realm for now'
He went to earth as a galactic patroller, not an angle, so there's a chance he'll help with their weapons, which isn't against their laws.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:49 pm

ShaggyBlanco wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:45 pm Zamasu arc ending 2.0
Villain gets too strong, everyone jobs/dies, outside help
Not even close. If Moro gets too strong, then the 12 gods of destruction can just gang up on him and obliterate him. Alternatively Whis or even Merus could just heal all these people back to full health. If Whis could literally RESURRECT someone from the dead (Freeza), then this wouldn't be far-fetched.

So far the situation doesn't seem too hopeless. There is still some hope for the universe.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:50 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:47 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:46 pm Wait a minute. How the fuck did Merus leave Whis' supervision? Doesn't he realize that he puts a lot at risk given what the Grand Priest has instructed?

He went to earth as a galactic patroller, not an angle, so there's a chance he'll help with their weapons, which isn't against their laws.
Well, this isn't Elder Moro tho... I doubt that any normal means can stop Moro rn.

Also, the fact that he acts, even while using GP gear, is imo, a contradiction to him observing. Just the act on its own sounds like a violation of the law. Kinda BS for me but anyway...
P O W E R

experted_luke

Post by experted_luke » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:50 pm

This is actually stupid. I can't see Merus doing any damage to Moro, unless he's just going to dodge everything and try and pin him, while Vegeta uses Spirit Fission, but Vegeta is knocked out, and that still leaves Merus with the damage problem. I wanted to see Beerus fight Moro at full strength, and see a true God of Destruction's power. Seeing an Angel intervene just isn't right, in my opinion. Moro is a threat to Universe 7, because he literally eats planets and gains strength. Universe 7 could be at risk for erasure because of this, and Beerus not intervening at all does not seem realistic to the situation.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:53 pm

experted_luke wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:50 pm This is actually stupid. I can't see Merus doing any damage to Moro, unless he's just going to dodge everything and try and pin him, while Vegeta uses Spirit Fission, but Vegeta is knocked out, and that still leaves Merus with the damage problem. I wanted to see Beerus fight Moro at full strength, and see a true God of Destruction's power. Seeing an Angel intervene just isn't right, in my opinion. Moro is a threat to Universe 7, because he literally eats planets and gains strength. Universe 7 could be at risk for erasure because of this, and Beerus not intervening at all does not seem realistic to the situation.
The scale may have gone above God tier, but Buu once posed the same threat and Beerus did nothing.

Basically, there was Daikaioshin to do the work for him. And unless he shows up again, Beerus will be forced to do something.

Still waiting for a small explanation on why other universes don't have a Grand Supreme Kai
P O W E R

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:55 pm

You're right, FT's situation was actually a lot worse for the Z fighters

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:55 pm

That Goku panel is fucking raw. And I love that.

Seems like everyone’s already talking about spoilers without no tag. But still, I will tag for those who wouldn’t want to be spoiled (maybe you clicked on the thread by mistake?)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:55 pm

experted_luke wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:50 pmUniverse 7 could be at risk for erasure because of this, and Beerus not intervening at all does not seem realistic to the situation.
That's because it isn't realistic. A good number of writers will have certain characters act in ways they wouldn't normally in order to prop up other (mostly new) characters. I hope that's not the case here, but it seems like that's where things are going.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:56 pm

Maybe when they don't let him intervene, Meerus gives up his angel powers to be a Galactic Patrol mortal and help

experted_luke

Post by experted_luke » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:57 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:55 pm
experted_luke wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:50 pmUniverse 7 could be at risk for erasure because of this, and Beerus not intervening at all does not seem realistic to the situation.
That's because it isn't realistic. A good number of writers will have certain characters act in ways they wouldn't normally in order to prop up other (mostly new) characters. I hope that's not the case here, but it seems like that's where things are going.
Yeah, I understand that, but Merus instead of Beerus? Man, that sucks.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:58 pm

emperior wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:55 pm That Goku panel is fucking raw. And I love that.

Seems like everyone’s already talking about spoilers without no tag. But still, I will tag for those who wouldn’t want to be spoiled (maybe you clicked on the thread by mistake?)
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:59 pm

experted_luke wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:57 pmYeah, I understand that, but Merus instead of Beerus? Man, that sucks.
I agree, as Merus has no business getting such a victory, he hasn't earned it.