"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:13 am

emperior wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:31 amMaybe with Merus’ help an; they could all do something to immobilize Moro so Vegeta can defuse him, but I am not expecting something like this to happen.
Vegeta's ability was not only brought up last time, but here as well, Vegeta outright tells him he'll defuse him. Toyotaro wouldn't keep bringing up such an ability if he wasn't going to use it. It's not a matter of if, but how, and I think MUI Goku is the key to him being able to pull it off.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:19 am

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:20 am Is it me or is it odd that Piccolo is leading the attack with Gohan isntead of 17? Piccolo is suppose to be a lot weaker than him.
Have you not been reading the previous chapters? Piccolo has been doing team attacks with Gohan ever since they started battling with 73. He obviously got stronger in this arc. He also performed better against Saganbo than 17 did, so it can easily be assumed that Piccolo > 17 in this arc.

The only impressive thing 17 did in this arc was scratching Moro, and impressing him somewhat, but 18 did the exact same thing in the exact same way, which makes me think that the 2 androids are pretty much equal in terms of power.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:20 am

emperior wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:31 am Merus will be forced to sacrifice himself.
He could literally just hug Moro while going full power and the consequences would probably impact both.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:24 am

Tien and Chiaozu will take the W. Mark my words
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:43 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:24 am Tien and Chiaozu will take the W. Mark my words
My $$$ on Mr. Satan, as it was him who saved the world from both Cell and Buu. If we go by Super's version of BOG, he also took down Beerus himself. It's just a shame his stomach aches prevent him from taking part in more battles. :cry:

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:43 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:24 am Tien and Chiaozu will take the W. Mark my words
My $$$ on Mr. Satan, as it was him who saved the world from both Cell and Buu. If we go by Super's version of BOG, he also took down Beerus himself. It's just a shame his stomach aches prevent him from taking part in more battles. :cry:
The moment you realize BoG Satan is probably Full Power Jiren and 3rd Omen Goku level.
P O W E R

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:20 am

The idea of Moro getting his hands on Merus is damn laughable. The only reason he'd be able to is if Merus let him. Even then, I fail to see what benefit that would give, unless Merus is hoping Beerus will be forced to jump into the ring with his powers in Moro's skillset.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:20 am The idea of Moro getting his hands on Merus is damn laughable. The only reason he'd be able to is if Merus let him. Even then, I fail to see what benefit that would give, unless Merus is hoping Beerus will be forced to jump into the ring with his powers in Moro's skillset.
Well, Back when Meerus was caught by whis he was gonna go up against Goku at Full Power with him using Ultra Instinct. Considering that he didn’t think that would kill Goku it would be possible to assume that the trainee angels are significantly weaker than Full Angels and that he is comparable to Ui Omen Goku.

Given that Moro beat Ui Omen Goku Its not impossible that Moro could grab Meerus.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:26 pm

I doubt very much that Merus is weaker than Beerus.
He was going to go full power against Goku to test him and because he felt he could handle that power.

It would be underwhelming if the first Angel we see fighting seriously is not even stronger than Beerus.
I would bet he is midway through Beerus and Whis in terms of strength, so he should be able to easily handle Moro if he used his full power.

I think ultimately this is Merus’ arc above anyone else. It will surely be interesting to see how his story ends.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Merus probably dwarfs Beerus.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:19 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:19 am Have you not been reading the previous chapters? Piccolo has been doing team attacks with Gohan ever since they started battling with 73. He obviously got stronger in this arc. He also performed better against Saganbo than 17 did, so it can easily be assumed that Piccolo > 17 in this arc.

The only impressive thing 17 did in this arc was scratching Moro, and impressing him somewhat, but 18 did the exact same thing in the exact same way, which makes me think that the 2 androids are pretty much equal in terms of power.
Going from base tier to Blue tier is insane though.

Hopefully when Toei fixes this they make it clear where he stands.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:01 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:19 pm
DestructoDisc wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:19 am Have you not been reading the previous chapters? Piccolo has been doing team attacks with Gohan ever since they started battling with 73. He obviously got stronger in this arc. He also performed better against Saganbo than 17 did, so it can easily be assumed that Piccolo > 17 in this arc.

Going from base tier to Blue tier is insane though.

Hopefully when Toei fixes this they make it clear where he stands.
Was Piccolo base tier in the ToP? Irrc he was cheap shotted by Damon before he could show us his full power or where exactly he stands compared to the others from his team. Same can be said about ToP 18.
It's possible that he was this strong for a long time now, Toyotaro just couldn't show this to us because he had to rush the ToP as fast as he could.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:19 pm

Ok so I looked at a few of the leaked images showing dende get into the barrier and we don’t see the face of the angel who helps him. I think it might have been whis who did it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:32 pm

Probably not gonna happen, but Merus being plotting with Moro all this time and turn out to be his ally would be a good twist.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:48 pm

If Merus is on earth, Whis and Beerus are probably eating out somewhere nearby while Whis is spectating the battle. I have the feeling Merus is a distraction to buy time for the Z fighters to restored to full HP. Merus can't damage Moro with his weapons(lets be honest here it ain't gonna hurt Moro anyhow) the only thing he can do is run past him at uncatchable speed, probably to Moro's annoyance.

Even then, I don't see how the Z fighters fully restored can be a match for Moro. The B tier fighters are still gonna get blitzed. Goku would need MUI to be of a challenge at this point, which probably isn't happening. I don't see where Vegeta would get the chance to defuse Moro anyhow, Moro won't let him get close enough.

Moro needs to be killed, but I doubt it will be by the Z fighters. Moro is damn near impossible to kill, if only because of his hacking op abilities that he stole from others.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:26 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:01 pm Was Piccolo base tier in the ToP? Irrc he was cheap shotted by Damon before he could show us his full power or where exactly he stands compared to the others from his team. Same can be said about ToP 18.
It's possible that he was this strong for a long time now, Toyotaro just couldn't show this to us because he had to rush the ToP as fast as he could.
In the anime he was on par with base Gohan who was also not that far off the other 2 base Saiyans.

I guess it's possible he grew that strong training with Ultimate Gohan for 2 months but I just wish we seen it. Toei will fix it I'm sure.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:37 pm

It's obvious that Merus will buy time so that Dende can heal everyone.
But, after that... what? Goku gets a power boost?

I don't know. Lame.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:39 pm

Anyway...

Angels MUST be neutral, and if they don't they are erased on the spot. Right?

Well...

Whis saved Planet Earth from Freeza by rewinding time. He did the same to save Gowasu.

And Merus has been pretty much interfering with mortal matters all the time.

Nonsense.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:40 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:19 pm Ok so I looked at a few of the leaked images showing dende get into the barrier and we don’t see the face of the angel who helps him. I think it might have been whis who did it.
It isn't.

Dende says "You are....?"

So it doesn't make sense, he knows who Whis is.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:41 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:48 pm If Merus is on earth, Whis and Beerus are probably eating out somewhere nearby while Whis is spectating the battle. I have the feeling Merus is a distraction to buy time for the Z fighters to restored to full HP. Merus can't damage Moro with his weapons(lets be honest here it ain't gonna hurt Moro anyhow) the only thing he can do is run past him at uncatchable speed, probably to Moro's annoyance.

Even then, I don't see how the Z fighters fully restored can be a match for Moro. The B tier fighters are still gonna get blitzed. Goku would need MUI to be of a challenge at this point, which probably isn't happening. I don't see where Vegeta would get the chance to defuse Moro anyhow, Moro won't let him get close enough.

Moro needs to be killed, but I doubt it will be by the Z fighters. Moro is damn near impossible to kill, if only because of his hacking op abilities that he stole from others.
I wonder if shattering the diamonds in his head that showcase images of warriors he copies abilities from will come into place maybe by breaking them he'll lose the copied abilities (Including moro's) or even killing Seventhree