Help: How to export audio from DB/DBZ

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tye2K

Help: How to export audio from DB/DBZ

Post by Tye2K » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:25 am

I don't really think this is the right place to post, or even know for that matter, so I'll keep it short & simple. Obviously there's been fan-made edits of DBZ with different soundtracks, I was wondering if there's a tutorial for that or at the very least how can one export the audio without the background music? I did want to make some edits of my own but I really don't know where to start. Any help would be very much appreciated.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Help: How to export audio from DB/DBZ

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:33 am

There is no simple "export without music" option; as fans, all we have are the final commercial products, which are "muxed" together for their final presentation. These fan-made projects are generally a combination of extracting the audio tracks from the commercial DVDs and Blu-rays, separating any 5.1 surround sound audio tracks (which don't exist for anything in Japanese other than the recent theatrical films, so it's otherwise all dubs), performing some amount of waveform inversion on musical cues that are still part of vocal tracks, and other bits of audio adjustment to fake the anticipated results as much as possible.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Masquerade
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Help: How to export audio from DB/DBZ

Post by Masquerade » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:21 am

Other then Kai (where the way that surround track was mixed is a fan-editor's dream), The Orange Bricks are the only 5.1 mixes where just the vocals and roughly 50% of the SFX are isolated in the center channel.

Note this is only for the English tracks. In Japanese, you're fucked.