"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:53 pm

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:50 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:12 am Saiyan scholar also mentioned it in his Drsgonball GT power analysis.
link to that analysis, if possible?

also: I just realized Xenos getting Limit Break means Gogeta and Vegetto will get it, too

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:27 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:50 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:12 am Saiyan scholar also mentioned it in his Drsgonball GT power analysis.

also: I just realized Xenos getting Limit Break means Gogeta and Vegetto will get it, too
https://youtu.be/kVdmU2L4GnU

I was under the impression like him that Goku had 3 levels of SS4 power.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:06 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:50 pm

I and many others always had our own headcanon that SS4 fusions would always result in red or some shade of red hair, Vegetto having black hair bothered me a bit for this very reason even though it was better that way for a lot of people, now thanks to this limit breaker thing we will eventually have a Vegetto with the hair color that was right for me, not to mention a SS4 Gotenks at some point too.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:05 pm

https://youtu.be/OrK2COhTA2Y

Not much, but at least it’s something

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:41 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:05 pm https://youtu.be/OrK2COhTA2Y

Janemba is apparently "Janemba: Remodelled( 改造 )"

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:48 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:41 pm

Janemba is apparently "Janemba: Remodelled (改造)"
I'm starting to think that Bandai might need to rethink their naming strategy a little bit. Not that "remodelled" is particularly bad, but... I mean, they made a version of Super Full Power Saiyan 4 with its limits broken and they directly called it Super Full Power Saiyan 4 Limits Broken. They're making a remodelled version of Janemba and they're directly calling him Janemba Remodelled. It does what it says on the tin, but it's so boring...
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Alruneia wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:48 pm
ankokudaishogun wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:41 pm

Janemba is apparently "Janemba: Remodelled (改造)"
I'm starting to think that Bandai might need to rethink their naming strategy a little bit. Not that "remodelled" is particularly bad, but... I mean, they made a version of Super Full Power Saiyan 4 with its limits broken and they directly called it Super Full Power Saiyan 4 Limits Broken. They're making a remodelled version of Janemba and they're directly calling him Janemba Remodelled. It does what it says on the tin, but it's so boring...

Whilst I agree that it’s boring, it doesn’t have the same (lack of) flare in Japan - which is the target audience here.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:37 pm

There was a time in which posting here that a character is finally joining Heroes would cause a bit of commotion. Bra would most certainly be a reason for that. However, I haven't seen a single soul excited about her and comments from her fans sharing their wet dreams. It's not like she often appears in games, let alone be playable. Time's certainly changing.

Anyway, I want Dimps to do something with her. Almost anything really (except a fusion with Pan). It will take a decade, but I'm sure the wait will be rewarded. :)
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:37 pm There was a time in which posting here that a character is finally joining Heroes would cause a bit of commotion. Bra would most certainly be a reason for that. However, I haven't seen a single soul excited about her and comments from her fans sharing their wet dreams. It's not like she often appears in games, let alone be playable. Time's certainly changing.

Anyway, I want Dimps to do something with her. Almost anything really (except a fusion with Pan). It will take a decade, but I'm sure the wait will be rewarded. :)
tbf Bra was never a fighter and for that most people don't care about her, it sure doesn't help that she makes her debut in Heroes as her old GT self in a random leak page with no relation at all to in game current events, IIRC the last and only time she was playable in a videogame was that 3Ds Fusions game which came out just a couple of years ago and she was just the same she was in GT, still didn't care about fighting and was more worried about some guys she was going out with in the game story, i think it will be a long wait for her and i know because i'm still waiting for a couple of characters still, Heroes is pretty cool but i can't help but think they have a sort of personal bias for how they handle certain characters.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:08 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:37 pm There was a time in which posting here that a character is finally joining Heroes would cause a bit of commotion. Bra would most certainly be a reason for that. However, I haven't seen a single soul excited about her and comments from her fans sharing their wet dreams. It's not like she often appears in games, let alone be playable. Time's certainly changing.

It's not like I'm not happy about it, but this inclusion is a footnote, hidden underneath a pile of other new additions that are far more eye-catching, mainly all this SFPS4LB stuff. More people would take notice if more of an attempt to draw attention to it was made. But, I mean, here you've got new forms for Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta, and you've got a new version of Janemba, and then there's... regular GT Bulla. It's hard to blow people away with just that.
They have finally got the ball rolling, though, at least. Hopefully this is the first step and not the only step. Also, I have been talking about it. Just not here.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:11 am

I'm more excited about Bra, Redict and Bon Para than I am for these dumbass new forms that are just recolors with sparkles.

But like you say Grimlock, nowadays people are looking for new forms or new characters, more and more and more. It doesn't matter if it makes sense.

I liked when this game gave the spotlight to old obscure characters and you got to see new artwork for them.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:19 am

HeroR wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:16 am
Dragon Wukong wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 pm
HeroR wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:45 pm That’s because the Broly movie used a darker shade of blue compared to the series and even Resurrection ‘F’. Like both Goku and Vegeta have the same shade of blue.
That was the case initially, but it's been extended into Xenoverse/FighterZ/Heroes to Gogeta Blue just having a naturally darker shade of hair than Goku/Vegeta/Vegito Blue. It seems to be similar to Broly's green hair originally having been considered due to the lighting in M8, but videogames made it so his hair was actually green.
That's because they chose to used the colors of Gogeta based on the movie while the older Blue forms are still using the Resurrection 'F' and anime colors instead of changing Gogeta's blue tone to match Goku and Vegeta and vice versa.
It is not that bad as Trunks having blue hair and Kid Trunks violet in Super... I actually like Gogeta’s darker blue and they should have used it on other Blue forms.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:02 am

https://youtu.be/dmtRKRxr55w

Looking good. Particularly enjoyed Janemba's animation sequence there.
P O W E R

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:36 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:02 am https://youtu.be/dmtRKRxr55w
interesting, it uses CHOU Full Power and not SUUPAA Full Power
https://imgur.com/wmuIYQr

I guess we'll have to wait for the actual cards to see what's the official nomenclature.
It being CHOU would undoubtly streamline the whole thing though

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:01 pm

I didn't like Janemba's redesign at first, but now I'm really digging it. It makes him look more evilish.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:35 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:36 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:02 am https://youtu.be/dmtRKRxr55w
interesting, it uses CHOU Full Power and not SUUPAA Full Power
https://imgur.com/wmuIYQr

I guess we'll have to wait for the actual cards to see what's the official nomenclature.
It being CHOU would undoubtly streamline the whole thing though
I wouldn't realize that in 1,000 years :lol:

Cant wait to see some action from them in the form anyway!
Scientist Fu wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:01 pm I didn't like Janemba's redesign at first, but now I'm really digging it. It makes him look more evilish.
For real! He looks very smart. Not like a beast. He always looked like an intelligent enemy, but he was kinda similar to Kid Buu. Here I'm getting Buuha /Super Buu vibes with this character.

Also, may I say that it's weird, but I find his animated look better than the in-game appearance, or his card look. First time for a character ig.
P O W E R

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:58 am

MCDaveG wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:19 am
Dragon Wukong wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 pm

That was the case initially, but it's been extended into Xenoverse/FighterZ/Heroes to Gogeta Blue just having a naturally darker shade of hair than Goku/Vegeta/Vegito Blue. It seems to be similar to Broly's green hair originally having been considered due to the lighting in M8, but videogames made it so his hair was actually green.
That's because they chose to used the colors of Gogeta based on the movie while the older Blue forms are still using the Resurrection 'F' and anime colors instead of changing Gogeta's blue tone to match Goku and Vegeta and vice versa.
It is not that bad as Trunks having blue hair and Kid Trunks violet in Super... I actually like Gogeta’s darker blue and they should have used it on other Blue forms.
Just remembered that they are Goku and Vegeta's cards with the darker blue hair from the Broly movie. They are specifically called Goku and Vegeta BR. They also have slightly different models that better match the movie.

I honestly don't want the other Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan forms to have Gogeta's hair color since that is the color of Blue Evolved and people already get the two confused because of that fact with people saying that Gogeta was using Evolved against Broly. That and I like the more light blue used in Resurrection 'F'. It's only the teal blue they used that I don't care for.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:49 am

HeroR wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:58 am
MCDaveG wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:19 am

Just remembered that they are Goku and Vegeta's cards with the darker blue hair from the Broly movie. They are specifically called Goku and Vegeta BR. They also have slightly different models that better match the movie.

I honestly don't want the other Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan forms to have Gogeta's hair color since that is the color of Blue Evolved and people already get the two confused because of that fact with people saying that Gogeta was using Evolved against Broly. That and I like the more light blue used in Resurrection 'F'. It's only the teal blue they used that I don't care for.
Is the color really tied to this in-universe explanation of the SSJ Blue being evolved or is it just fan-science, like with ''Ultimate Gohan'' having ''ultimate eyes''? Because Vegeta has darker hair in his power-up and different pupils and slight muscle buff like in Cell Arc, but the movie has normal SSJBs and is overall using different artstyle and colour pallette. Like Future Trunks being the same Trunks from Z, just in different artstyle, costume and color pallette.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:30 am