"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by batistabus » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Volume 13 cover in decent quality showing the "official" colors for the Galactic Patrol Prisoners.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:15 pm

batistabus wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:58 pm Volume 13 cover in decent quality showing the "official" colors for the Galactic Patrol Prisoners.
I refuse to acknowledge that as Seven-Three's true colour scheme. All of the prisoners are completely different than I imagined, actually.

Also, are Goku and Vegeta preparing to attack Moro's dick? What the hell is that posing? :eh: Looks pretty bad ngl. I'll take more like Goku stuffing his face with cheeseburgers.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Miracles wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:58 pm Does anyone think that shield Moro put up will allow Merus to go all out for a bit?
Do you think Toyotaro would possibly narrate that shield to not detect people inside of it?

I know Merus is going to stall so the Namekian can heal. How much power will he need to contend with a powered up Moro?
That would be pretty cool, but I doubt it. Whis detected Meerus about to use his full power in a different dimension, I doubt he'd miss it because of a dome

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:38 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:15 pm
batistabus wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:58 pm Volume 13 cover in decent quality showing the "official" colors for the Galactic Patrol Prisoners.
I refuse to acknowledge that as Seven-Three's true colour scheme. All of the prisoners are completely different than I imagined, actually.

Also, are Goku and Vegeta preparing to attack Moro's dick? What the hell is that posing? :eh: Looks pretty bad ngl. I'll take more like Goku stuffing his face with cheeseburgers.
"Don't threaten me with a good time, Saiyans" - Moro

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:05 pm

As soon as I saw Seven-three's colors, I just assumed they were so close to Moro so it wouldn't be a drastic change when they fused.

As for the composition, I don't think Goku, Vegeta, and Moro are all in the same "scene" necessarily. Toyotaro tends to draw characters in isolation and then combine them together to create a scene (something Toriyama didn't do as often, a difference partially due the use of digital editing techniques that weren't common when Dragon Ball was running). This cover just seems to throw everyone together in different poses.

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:19 pm

I imagined Saganbo and Shimorekka having each other's skin color, so it's funny that it turned out to be the reverse of what I'd initially pictured.

Cool cover art.
Formerly Marlowe89.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:37 pm

I’d like Shimmorekka’s Colors Better if it was more Neon like. I saw Some fan art of what I mean and it looks great. https://ibb.co/5RpW644

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:30 am

There will be too much orange around in a possible animated transposition (that, to me, will never get done).
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:41 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:15 pmAlso, are Goku and Vegeta preparing to attack Moro's dick?
Modern problems require modern solutions.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:25 am

DiscountDabi wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:37 pm I’d like Shimmorekka’s Colors Better if it was more Neon like. I saw Some fan art of what I mean and it looks great. https://ibb.co/5RpW644
The colors of the characters in the background appear to be more grey than normal, so he may actually be more neon than he appears here.

Anomandaris

Post by Anomandaris » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:41 am

As a huge piccolo fan I kind of love that he's the first z fighter on the panel starting from the right - if only that was their ranking in power.....

I hope they're drawing this Moro arc out a little bit to give the manga a lead over the inevitable anime restart (I hope) - throw in some slice of life episodes and the manga could have a nice head start

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:56 pm

I quite like that for 7-3. Looks good on him. I was just hoping he wasn't the same color as Hit. Shimorekka is the surprise for me. I thought he'd be the same pinkish-red as Beelzebub of Sandland, but I suppose that's less of a reference and more of a cameo. I also thought Shimo might be beige for whatever reason.
Anomandaris wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:41 am As a huge piccolo fan I kind of love that he's the first z fighter on the panel starting from the right - if only that was their ranking in power.....
And he got a nice large panel all to himself. Respecc for the Namecc!
I hope they're drawing this Moro arc out a little bit to give the manga a lead over the inevitable anime restart (I hope) - throw in some slice of life episodes and the manga could have a nice head start
If so, you know the staff is going to milk it, so this'll also be a Super long arc ... see what I did there ... nevermind. With training episodes alone, for each of the characters, it'll be probably as long as the ToP in the anime. They'll probably have a Broly mini-arc too just before the start of this one.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Anomandaris

Post by Anomandaris » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:15 pm

I hope they stay away from Broly, unless it's an "after the movie" expanding to tie him into the storyline for later.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the storyline where they all have to split up and handle different challenges- I think that would be great, and a Universe 6 side-story at least.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:48 pm

I wanna see Broly again at some point, but I hope we see U6 again first.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:53 pm

It would be nice to know more of U6 saiyajins, but I feel that they served their purpose and there's not more from them. Kyabe was a good way of showing a surviving alternative saiyajins and making the world feel bigger, Califla a nice companion to Kale, and, even tho I think manga Kale and her initial SS are cool, Kale is what it is.
I would prefer to have them as a story that we wont see, with maybe some glimpses by in-universe characters or Toriyama comments, or really (really) short appearances; I think they would be better that way. At least in the manga, I don't mind if they are used in filler and stuff if that way they don't push them in the story.
Broli trio, I would like to see.

About for the cover colors, I expected and wanted Yuzun to have yellow skin like the fruit, and am not a fan of Saganbo's (I think I would prefer a less human color), but is not a big deal and I like the rest.

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:22 am

The Saiyans of universe 6 are the defenders of their universe, if one day a villain comes into their universe to use Super Dragon Balls or the Dragon Balls of the Nameks Kyabe, Kale and Caulifla will be there to defend their universe!

And there is still a lot to tell with them like Caulifla's relationship with King Sadala, she has a large territory on Sadala, the Saiyan legend of universe 6 which could be deepened at the same time, new transformations for Kale, Caulifla and Kyabe and why not the Metamol fusion for Caulifla and Kale to create a new warrior!

Anyway ... I want to see the new characters fight with Goku and Vegeta! I'm fed up with characters whose development is complete like Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo, Android 18 and 17!

And Broly there is nothing more to say about him! The thing we can get from him is new fights and nothing more and maybe future interactions with Kale!

The new characters like Hit, Caulifla, Kale, Kyabe, Jiren need more development!

We need new scenery too, so fights in new planets in other universes, so on...

Currently we are going around in circles and the stories repeat themselves with the same characters in the same place.

I hope the next arc one takes place outside Universe 7, with Goku and Vegeta of course and the new characters from Universe 6 and 11!

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:12 am

Ok so if you go back in this arc to when Buu and the Grand Supreme Kai Switch you can see that the grand Supreme Kai is wearing his Potara. This means one of two things.

Either this is just Buu’s body morphing that part to look like Potara.

OR

The vastly more interesting idea that when Buu absorbed the Grand Supreme Kai he also absorbed his Potara and those are real. Meaning Goku and Vegeta have access to Potara on the fly while on Earth.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:04 pm

It looks good! I always look forward to seeing the extra pages and spineart of each new volume. There was that yellow line that has appeared for a few volumes now and some believe might be the Uub riding on the Nimbus.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:14 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:12 am Ok so if you go back in this arc to when Buu and the Grand Supreme Kai Switch you can see that the grand Supreme Kai is wearing his Potara. This means one of two things.

Either this is just Buu’s body morphing that part to look like Potara.

OR

The vastly more interesting idea that when Buu absorbed the Grand Supreme Kai he also absorbed his Potara and those are real. Meaning Goku and Vegeta have access to Potara on the fly while on Earth.
I think this is probably just the former - I think the Future Trunks arc put Potara Fusion to bed by showing us that a super-powerful fusion of mortals by this means is so unstable that it could end at any moment. The stronger Goku and Vegeta are, the less stable it is, I should think. They might never use it again.

Moreover, I think the last couple of issues have actively tried to discount a fusion solution of any kind, particularly by having Moro steal Vegeta's Forced Spirit Fission powers - Piccolo specifically notes that all the fusion methods previously available are useless as a result. I think that's just as well - fusion needs a rest after seeing action against both Zamas and Broly, as well as featuring for Universe 6 in the Tournament of Power.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:48 am

We now know Volume 13’s spine art:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DBSChronicle ... 3703923712

Usually each character take up 3 volumes of spine-art, therefore the manga should last at least until chapter 68. So, at least until January 2021.
I honestly doubt the Moro arc will be this long so I think it’s safe to assume that the manga isn’t ending anytime soon.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical