Has Whis Been Mostly Suppressed Throughout The Story?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Has Whis Been Mostly Suppressed Throughout The Story?

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:19 am

As far as I can tell, Whis has yet to make a kiai or flare up an aura that signifies that he is fully powered up and/or seriously going to fight; not unlike how Jiren remained without an aura or even a change in expression until he fought UI Goku. Do you suppose that its because Whis has simply been toying around with everyone up until now? Even against Broly who is said to maybe be stronger than Beerus?
Last edited by theherodjl on Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: Has Whis Been Mostly Suppressed Throughout The Story?

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:25 am

Whis is so overpowered that the idea of him just powering up, much less fighting seriously, is something that will never happen.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:35 am

Whis not only is stronger than Beerus, but he has mastered Ultra Instinct as well. So yes, he's pretty much making do with just Ultra Instinct (dodging every single thing thrown at him), while occasionaly showing us a hint of his power (like when he physically stops Beerus from doing stupid shit).

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:02 pm

I think he was actually a plot tool that no one figured out he could have a recurring role, so his abstract "strenght" had to be suppressed somehow.
He does probably never fight for real.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:21 am

I'm sure we've never seen anything like the real power of any Angels yet, not even Merus (as of Chapter 62, anyway).

I guess the only thing I'd query here is whether Whis is actively suppressing his power, or whether he's just not trying at all (and the extent to which there's a meaningful distinction between those two propositions).

FishermanJohnWest
Beyond Newbie

Post by FishermanJohnWest » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:02 pm

Whis and Beerus are moving goal posts

Right now we are reaching the Beerus ball park of strength which only took so long cause they up scaled the living shit out of him, otherwise Whis and Beerus would've been surpassed a long time ago.

It's depends on the plot