"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YuseiFudou » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:38 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:30 am I really wish they would just give us the damn release dates for this DLC. Waited months assuming it'd come out this month.

I'm going to be pissed if they keep dragging this out and it isn't out next month.
DIMPS is known for taking ages to release their new DLC :lol:

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:20 pm

I went back and played through Xenoverse for the first time in 5 years. It's not that good is it? The battle system was probably more fun to play in Kakarot.

I'll replay Xenoverse 2 next, can't remember they made any improvements to it aside from adding more characters and stages and the like.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:00 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:20 pm I went back and played through Xenoverse for the first time in 5 years. It's not that good is it? The battle system was probably more fun to play in Kakarot.

I'll replay Xenoverse 2 next, can't remember they made any improvements to it aside from adding more characters and stages and the like.
It's really not. Especially if you go against bosses. They ALL have goddamn super armor. XV2 mad minor improvements. Hopefully XV3 will find a good way to improve it further.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:13 pm

Scsigs wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:00 pm
Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:20 pm I went back and played through Xenoverse for the first time in 5 years. It's not that good is it? The battle system was probably more fun to play in Kakarot.

It's really not. Especially if you go against bosses. They ALL have goddamn super armor. XV2 mad minor improvements. Hopefully XV3 will find a good way to improve it further.
I've said this before but stamina as it exists ingame is horrible as well.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:13 pm

Stamina and how it works, and how the opponent always breaks it even in mid-super/ultimate attacks, is the worst thing I have saw in video game... it’s so annoying, that it totally kills the game for me. It is even worse than the legendary super armor in XV1.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:26 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:28 pm
Stamina and how it works, and how the opponent always breaks it even in mid-super/ultimate attacks, is the worst thing I have saw in video game... it’s so annoying, that it totally kills the game for me. It is even worse than the legendary super armor in XV1.
Same. I'm at the point where i'll take super armor on every enemy over stamina. It killed the game for me as well, made it legitimately annoying and a chore to play.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:11 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:26 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Same. I'm at the point where i'll take super armor on every enemy over stamina. It killed the game for me as well, made it legitimately annoying and a chore to play.
The funniest thing about it is, when playing PQs, that you on the other hand can not break the AI’s Ultimate! So yeah, Super armor all the way. Only really annoying thing I remember from XV1 is the Son Family Kamehameha spamfest in PQ, but that was easily nullified with Tenshinhan’s rudiculous Super Soul, that made Kamehameha resistant. I believe that this super soul is not in XV2? It is funny, as that was the moment I was cursing a lot, as this was probably made that way, so you had to figure it out and use the Super Soul. Kind of Kojima moment in Dragon Ball, made bad 😂

And btw. Super Armor is in XV2 as well, it is just disguised by nerfing your attack stats down so you are dealing small amount of hit points.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:59 am

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:59 pm

So, free DLC? Awesome.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Looks like we can customize more characters now. Not just the mentors. That's pretty cool. Also, does anyone else find it funny that we've been through two games, plus all their DLCs, are now getting the Supreme Kai of Time as a playable character, and they STILL haven't referred to her by name (Chronoa) in the series?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:24 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:15 pm Looks like we can customize more characters now. Not just the mentors. That's pretty cool. Also, does anyone else find it funny that we've been through two games, plus all their DLCs, are now getting the Supreme Kai of Time as a playable character, and they STILL haven't referred to her by name (Chronoa) in the series?
I mean, 17 & 18 have canonical names now & they haven't referred to THEM by them at all either, so...

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:31 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:15 pm Looks like we can customize more characters now. Not just the mentors. That's pretty cool. Also, does anyone else find it funny that we've been through two games, plus all their DLCs, are now getting the Supreme Kai of Time as a playable character, and they STILL haven't referred to her by name (Chronoa) in the series?
I really hope they let us at least use the Super Saiyan transformation skill with other Saiyan characters like Raditz or Turles, otherwise i'm gonna be mad how they made Nappa of all people be able to use it out of nowhere and never followed up on that.

btw in the japanese trailer of the update, right at the end they showed the PS4 Deluxe Edition of the game and then the Switch version, because it was in japanese i couldn't tell what it said and the english trailer didn' have those scenes at all, does anybody know if that supossed to mean some sort of definitive edition with everything released so far? since this is the last update and all.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:29 am

Scsigs wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:24 pmI mean, 17 & 18 have canonical names now & they haven't referred to THEM by them at all either, so...
The thing about Toriyama, though, is that he tends to make up answers on the spot. I mean, he once said that Krillin has the ability to breathe through the pores of his skin, and I kinda doubt that's canon. Even Toriyama's word has to be taken with a grain of salt.

SaiyanKingMike

Post by SaiyanKingMike » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:03 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:31 am
I really hope they let us at least use the Super Saiyan transformation skill with other Saiyan characters like Raditz or Turles, otherwise i'm gonna be mad how they made Nappa of all people be able to use it out of nowhere and never followed up on that.

btw in the japanese trailer of the update, right at the end they showed the PS4 Deluxe Edition of the game and then the Switch version, because it was in japanese i couldn't tell what it said and the english trailer didn' have those scenes at all, does anybody know if that supossed to mean some sort of definitive edition with everything released so far? since this is the last update and all.
Yeah, I really want them to give the Super Saiyan transformation skill to others. Since they did Nappa I was really surprised they did not give Turles super saiyan as well. I have also hoped they would fix it so cpu characters would use their transformations, but I highly doubt that will ever be fixed. Fingers crossed we get the transformations for them in this update, if I remember right in the original Xenoverse Krillin and Yamacha could use Kaioken in one of their presets, would be cool if they let us equip that skill to them after the update.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:59 pm

SaiyanKingMike wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:03 pm
Dragotaker wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:31 am

Yeah, I really want them to give the Super Saiyan transformation skill to others. Since they did Nappa I was really surprised they did not give Turles super saiyan as well. I have also hoped they would fix it so cpu characters would use their transformations, but I highly doubt that will ever be fixed. Fingers crossed we get the transformations for them in this update, if I remember right in the original Xenoverse Krillin and Yamacha could use Kaioken in one of their presets, would be cool if they let us equip that skill to them after the update.
Turles shouldn't be hard, being basically a re-skinned Goku/Bardock. Raditz will be interesting. But considering he's basically SSJ3 without the blonde hair, that too shouldn't be hard.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:17 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:29 am
Scsigs wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:24 pmI mean, 17 & 18 have canonical names now & they haven't referred to THEM by them at all either, so...
The thing about Toriyama, though, is that he tends to make up answers on the spot. I mean, he once said that Krillin has the ability to breathe through the pores of his skin, and I kinda doubt that's canon. Even Toriyama's word has to be taken with a grain of salt.
I mean, yeah, Toriyama more thinks on his feet, but he also added new things to the canon that didn't contradict anything, but the mainline stuff hasn't adopted some of it yet.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:46 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:29 am
I would argue the reason why 17&18 don't use their original names is because those were the names they had while as normal human orphans. For Chronoa, no such excuse exists. She's always been Chronoa. Supreme Kai of Time is just her title. Like how Omniking is Zen-Oh's title. It's not really a name, it's just their position.

Personally I still call her Tika. Short for Time Kaioshin. It fits, it's cute, and it runs with the theme of the puns Toriyama likes so much. You have Toki-Toki, both the name of the place and the Bird. And then you have Tika. Toki and Tika. Tik-Tok. Tik-Tok goes the clock.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:10 pm

English subbed & translated version of the trailer. someone posted earlier in t he. thread for. the 11th update.
https://youtu.be/i-zxO_UkgI8

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:30 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:46 pmLike how Omniking is Zen-Oh's title.
As far as I know, "Omni-King" is a fan term. One that I don't find it accurate considering that I take that "omni" probably comes from "Omniverse", which does not represent what Zeno is. I'm aware of the confusion and how often this word is used in the place of "Megaverse" (and sometimes even "Multiverse"), but I digress.

Anyway, as for Kaioshin of Time's case, her name appears in the English version of the game. I have yet to find a Japanese version of one of those Fu's missions where Old Kaioshin says it. I should probably say that I don't remember hearing Old Kaioshin actually saying "Chronoa", so this might be just an inclusion that comes from nowhere (very much like Cell saying "Demon Frost").

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:30 pm
Zelvin wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:46 pmLike how Omniking is Zen-Oh's title.
As far as I know, "Omni-King" is a fan term. One that I don't find it accurate considering that I take that "omni" probably comes from "Omniverse", which does not represent what Zeno is. I'm aware of the confusion and how often this word is used in the place of "Megaverse" (and sometimes even "Multiverse"), but I digress.

Anyway, as for Kaioshin of Time's case, her name appears in the English version of the game. I have yet to find a Japanese version of one of those Fu's missions where Old Kaioshin says it. I should probably say that I don't remember hearing Old Kaioshin actually saying "Chronoa", so this might be just an inclusion that comes from nowhere (very much like Cell saying "Demon Frost").

I mean, it came from an actual translation of his name, I believe, so...
And, I always took "omni-king" to mean "king of all," since "omni" means "all," not "omniverse," though that wouldn't shock me if they meant that, considering there are 12 universes he rules over in DB.