How do you think Bulma would feel about Yamcha dating her sister?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

How do you think Bulma would feel about Yamcha dating her sister?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:54 am

She is like 58 yrs old and Yamcha is 47 yrs old. Now, let suppose Yamcha started to date Bulma's sister, do you think she would be upset or annoyed by her ex-bf dating her older sister? Do you think she has moved on enough to not be phased about it? How do you think Vegeta would feel of the possibility of having family relationship with him?

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: How do you think Bulma would feel about Yamcha dating her sister?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:01 am

Bulma would probably be upset about it, because it's her sister and her ex (which can be awkward no matter how much you've moved on), because she's no longer the center of attention, and because she maybe still likes Yamcha?

Bulma in her way is as childish as Goku.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:31 am

I honestly don't know how she'd feel. Bulma went several years without even mentioning that she had an older sister to Goku or Vegeta(her husband of all people!). Evidently, Bulma & Tights aren't close enough to be up in each other's personal lives, at least not enough to have any opinion in what person that either become romantically-involved with. However, Yamcha is also a guy that Bulma was personally involved with for at least a decade so it might stir some old wounds for her. I can imagine that Bulma might go to such lengths as to try and sabotage a relationship between Yamcha & Tights in a series of gag moments, more than likely employing Pilaf & the gang or Jaco to do the job. Then again, she might be more open to it or begrudgingly accept it over time.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:13 am

I doubt she'd care, especially with the kinds of things she's involved with now. We're talking about someone who deals with the likes of Beerus and Whis on a daily basis, who her ex and sister date is probably the last thing she'd care about.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:42 pm

It would depend on Bulma's current feelings towards her sister and Yamcha. If she's involved in her life and no longer harbours any lingering thoughts towards Yamcha then I could see her being tolerant or even accepting of it. On the other hand, there's also the chance she may not care for Yamcha trying to involve himself in the Brief family again after his on-again-off-again philandering.

Vegeta would likely remain indifferent as he doesn't appear to hold any strong feelings towards Yamcha. It could make for some interesting family dynamics as they would both be directly linked to sisters in the Brief family.